[RECOVERY][CWM] v6.0.2.1 ♦ HYBRID

Search This thread

RaymanFX

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 8, 2011
Hannover
Welcome to the ClockworkMod Recovery Version 6.X.X.X

clockworkmod-recovery.png

ALL MY RECOVERIES HAVE A FULLY WORKING BACKUP SYSTEM (CAN BACKUP KERNEL) !

Credits : Koush, Roach2010, ViViDboarder, Team Win (especially Dees_Troy), Hiemanshu Sharma for making the hybrid version possible !

Last edited:

RaymanFX

Jan 8, 2011
Hannover
DOWNLOADS

There are 2 versions avaiable :

• cwm-notouch.zip --- the standard version
  • cwm-touch.zip --- the touch version

Code:
v6.0.2.1

updated cwm sources
hybrid version - internal/external in one recovery !
touch version will be available soon!
'adb sideload' fucntion!

v6.0.1.4 v2

updated cwm sources
big thanks to Hiemanshu Sharma for opening my eyes and making the hybrid version possible !

v6.0.1.4

updated cwm sources
provide internal versions (finally) !
touch versions are faster than ever before !
faster backups
faster zip installing

v6.0.1.2

initial release

/!\ CAUTION: TOUCH VERSIONS ARE BROKEN ATM /!\

/!\
I DARE YOU, I DOUBLE DARE YOU, IF YOU FLASH THIS ON ANY OTHER DEVICE THAN THE ASUS TRANSFORMER TF101, THERE WILL BE NO PLACE YOU COULD HIDE FROM ME!
BE AWARE OF WHAT FORUM YOU ARE IN BEFORE FLASHING!
/!\

DOWNLOADS: CLICK ME !

Last edited:

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
whats the mount setup like?

Ive grown fond of TWRP on my i717 (galaxy note) with internal as /emmc and the microsd as /sdcard...

Either way thanks, bout equal for me on CWM vs TWRP

EDIT: I see for now its only external, which is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE to me... I HATE using my internal (for the most part)

Last edited:
Reactions: yukonking3

hachamacha

Jun 15, 2010
Honor 8
Is restoring existing backups made with Rogue 5.1.2.8/1.5.0 Rogue/rburrow CWR compatible and tested?

Thanks much for the work on recovery.

Edit: 5.1.2.8 created tarball format backups , but of course, from the old days of no /boot partition backup which was always something badly needed and appreciated.
Edit2: I installed it, and am in there. It looks fine and I look forward to being also able to access internal. I noticed what seems a cool feature that might address my question above: There is a toggle for your (dup) format and (tar) format. Is this our way to restore old cwm tar backups?

Last edited:

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
I was using the official, but had to backup on internal, only then could copy to external.
One time I had to format and than restore, but ups: no external sd support lol

With this version, all solved :)
CMW 6 does very fast backups, and it takes less space with backup because it only does deltas, very nice.

hachamacha

Jun 15, 2010
Honor 8
I was using the official, but had to backup on internal, only then could copy to external.
One time I had to format and than restore, but ups: no external sd support lol

With this version, all solved :)
CMW 6 does very fast backups, and it takes less space with backup because it only does deltas, very nice.

Hi Eng,

Does it only do delta's if you've done one "dup" style backup already? If it does delta's then I guess you have to keep the original non-delta full backup around until you;re ready to get rid of all the deltas? Just curious.

thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Hello - I've run into a backup problem using the default (dup) method and am wondering if there's any info I can get or setup in advance to log errors during backup like enabling a log?

Mine made it through /boot /recovery /system, then said freeing space, done freeing space, and has been on /data for ~25 minutes which is about 3 times what the 5.1.2.8 I was using before took. I don't see any sign of movement.

I'd be happy to get you a log if such a thing is possible to enable.

Edit: Oh yeah: I had 7617MB free before beginning backup.

Thanks.

Edit for more data : I gave up on (dup) backup which has failed 2 times for me on /data. I reverted quickly and retested with 5.1.2.8 and it worked quickly in tar (it's only method), so now I'm trying (tar) backup from v6 of yours and it also appears to be hanging. Has anyone done a backup and restore of a populated system with this backup yet to be sure it works? If tar works, then I'll be fine and report back at the end of this thread,.

Edit for result of tarball backup: It appears to have completed, so I'm going to try two things, accessing it from TB in userspace booted, and then restoring it if I can read the format at all. Will continue with updates until I know it restores. Oh yeah, as far as time to backup goes, it is ~2 times as long as 5.1.2.8, but it is doing more (/boot and /recovery).

Edit for more info during tar backup: Length of backup is very long, ~30 minutes for what winds up being a 1.5G backup. Is it possible to calc md5sum while performing the backup rather than making a separate pass? Ok, off to try the restore.

Last edited:

erickwill

Nov 30, 2008
REALLY NICE! I was eager waiting for this! Kudos for the nice job! ;)
Eager now for coming updates! :D
Cheers!

PS. May I suggest you to collaborate still a bit more and create a tutorial about how to compile a touch recovery? :D For sure a lot of us would appreciate pretty much this effort ;)

Last edited:

Sp_Ark

Feb 19, 2011
Athens
thanks for your work. I can not install anything from my micro sd card. It gives error that it cant open the file. Any suggestions? something wrong with my sd?
installed this via rogue team recovery. Sorry if i missed something. i own the tf101 only for a week. I dont know if its relevant, via a file browser my micro sd is recognised under removable folder and not as sd ext. probably thats the way in this tablet but im mentioning it just to be sure. thanks and sorry for my english.
Edit: I coudnt install any other recovery either flashable or though goo app so i made the mistake to install via rom manager. So i got cwm bootloop (nevermind, still learning). Now i cold booted and i will try to get rid of rom mgr's recovery, but still i would be glad if someone can tell me why i couldnt install anything via this recovey. card was mounted, could see its contents but then can not open file error...
Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

hachamacha

Jun 15, 2010
Honor 8
These were notes from my last reply having to do with my progress in trying to do a real backup and a) see it from Titanium's "extract from Nandroid" and b) restore from cwr.

Edit for more data : I gave up on (dup) backup which has failed 2 times for me on /data. I reverted quickly and retested with 5.1.2.8 and it worked quickly in tar (it's only method), so now I'm trying (tar) backup from v6 of yours and it also appears to be hanging. Has anyone done a backup and restore of a populated system with this backup yet to be sure it works? If tar works, then I'll be fine and report back at the end of this thread,.

Edit for result of tarball backup: It appears to have completed, so I'm going to try two things, accessing it from TB in userspace booted, and then restoring it if I can read the format at all. Will continue with updates until I know it restores. Oh yeah, as far as time to backup goes, it is ~2 times as long as 5.1.2.8, but it is doing more (/boot and /recovery).

Edit for more info during tar backup: Length of backup is very long, ~30 minutes for what winds up being a 1.5G backup. Is it possible to calc md5sum while performing the backup rather than making a separate pass? Ok, off to try the restore.

Where it's at now. I'm booted, Titanium can't seem to decipher the tar version backup from v6, and I see now that it used ~5G of space to create a cwr backup which is too much for me.

I'm going to revert until this project is further along but I love the new functionalities (/boot) (dup) ideas, and think you're onto something terrific.

Thanks.

RaymanFX

Jan 8, 2011
Hannover
REALLY NICE! I was eager waiting for this! Kudos for the nice job! ;)
Eager now for coming updates! :D
Cheers!

PS. May I suggest you to collaborate still a bit more and create a tutorial about how to compile a touch recovery? :D For sure a lot of us would appreciate pretty much this effort ;)

My recoveries are built from source, but you may give this one a try :
Koush's Buildslave :)

These were notes from my last reply having to do with my progress in trying to do a real backup and a) see it from Titanium's "extract from Nandroid" and b) restore from cwr.

Where it's at now. I'm booted, Titanium can't seem to decipher the tar version backup from v6, and I see now that it used ~5G of space to create a cwr backup which is too much for me.

I'm going to revert until this project is further along but I love the new functionalities (/boot) (dup) ideas, and think you're onto something terrific.

Thanks.

I don't know what is wrong with your device, but I am 99% sure there is something.
Some kind of hack/app/whatever is conflicting with your recovery installation.
I took three backups in a row just to make sure it works, and it worked.
Both, the dup and the tar image formats.

I can do a video or photos if you want some.

Last edited:
Reactions: eng.stk

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi Eng,

Does it only do delta's if you've done one "dup" style backup already? If it does delta's then I guess you have to keep the original non-delta full backup around until you;re ready to get rid of all the deltas? Just curious.

thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Hello - I've run into a backup problem using the default (dup) method and am wondering if there's any info I can get or setup in advance to log errors during backup like enabling a log?

Mine made it through /boot /recovery /system, then said freeing space, done freeing space, and has been on /data for ~25 minutes which is about 3 times what the 5.1.2.8 I was using before took. I don't see any sign of movement.

I'd be happy to get you a log if such a thing is possible to enable.

Edit: Oh yeah: I had 7617MB free before beginning backup.

Thanks.

Hi.

Yes , it only does deltas if you do a first dup. This way only the first backup takes time (+/- as a tar one), afterwards is just deltas with couple of MB. As an example, this is useful if you want a quick backup installing EOS 3 nightlies, only a couple of changes between versions. SO less space taken to backup stuff.

If you do a lot of changing between ROMs (ICS and JB ones for example), you will be getting larger deltas so maybe it's easier to make tar backups.

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
Just noticed something: it's backing up all my internal sdcard (with all the music and movies, etc): huge backup file:eek:

There's 2 things that are very important to keep backup small (just system and file data tha matter) and do a safe format factory reset keeping media on sdcard (don't know if it does this already).

As used by most of CWM for tf101:
- Modified to skip /data/media or /sdcard in nandroid backups.
- Modified formatting /data to remove directories and folders so we can keep media.

Hope you can patch this up :good:

edit: there's two important folders in sdcard that should be backed:
/sdcard/ android_secure and /sdcard/data

my CWM on Nexus S does this from the box and it's standard 6.0.1.0 with no tweaks.

Last edited:

TomTcom

Mar 27, 2011
Installed the touch version. Looks nice. When I have to flash my next EOS JB nightly I'll write back if there are any issues. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the ClockworkMod Recovery Version 6.X.X.X

clockworkmod-recovery.png

ALL MY RECOVERIES HAVE A FULLY WORKING BACKUP SYSTEM (CAN BACKUP KERNEL) !

Credits : Koush, Roach2010, ViViDboarder, Team Win (especially Dees_Troy), Hiemanshu Sharma for making the hybrid version possible !

DOWNLOADS

There are 2 versions avaiable :

• cwm-notouch.zip --- the standard version
    • cwm-touch.zip --- the touch version

Code:
    v6.0.2.1

updated cwm sources
    touch version will be available soon!
    'adb sideload' fucntion!

v6.0.1.4 v2

updated cwm sources
    big thanks to Hiemanshu Sharma for opening my eyes and making the hybrid version possible !

v6.0.1.4

updated cwm sources
    provide internal versions (finally) !
    touch versions are faster than ever before !
    faster backups
    faster zip installing

v6.0.1.2

initial release

/!\ CAUTION: TOUCH VERSIONS ARE BROKEN ATM /!\

/!\
    I DARE YOU, I DOUBLE DARE YOU, IF YOU FLASH THIS ON ANY OTHER DEVICE THAN THE ASUS TRANSFORMER TF101, THERE WILL BE NO PLACE YOU COULD HIDE FROM ME!
    BE AWARE OF WHAT FORUM YOU ARE IN BEFORE FLASHING!
    /!\

DOWNLOADS: CLICK ME !
    Don't download this for your TF101 - it will break external SD card mounting (again) ... I just spent half an hour going back to 5.8.1.8

OP you should really check to make sure you know what will happen when you post something like this.

Obviously, you have no idea what you are doing.

This works flawlessly and without errors on most people's devices. I never release anything wothout testing it before. Better get an idea of what you're talking next time.

Back on topic : A update to the newest CWM will arrive somewhere between today and tomorrow (hopefully).

EDIT: v6.0.1.4 is out, based on the latest cwm sources !
    NOW SUPPORTING INTERNAL SDCARD VERSIONS !

Get your's today !

+1 ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Hi

For me there are somes problems with two versions with backup... recovery reboot himself i think when he had to backup /datas....

With tar and tup mode...

My backups only are 470mo...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

Fixed back up issues !

Releasing the new hybrid version tomorrow - this will be just one recovery with both - external/internal sdcard support !
    Preview is attached !

ENJOY ! :) And keep the ideas/requests/bug reports coming !

And the 'thanks', of course :p

EDIT: I was faster than expected. Please use the links form the op to download the new hybrid versions. Report back !