[DISCONTINUED][DEV][JB]Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 'Jellaxy' [04.01.2013]

Search This thread

lagloose

Feb 11, 2008
CyanogenMod 10 'Jellaxy'

Original thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1793511

Project discontinued because there are by far better CM10.1 releases by Wayland_Ace and others.
Despite that, i got a new device and my good ol' SGA is now in hands of my wife. I hope, i could give something to the community. Thanx for everything..

Most credits go to 'TheWhisp'. So if you want to thank someone, Say thanks to him. He made most of this possible.
Another 'special' credit and a very warm 'Thank you' goes to 'erikcas' who helped me a lot in creating this release.

This thread is for development only. If your post is not development related, DO NOT post here. Post in the general thread. Any person not following these rules WILL receive an infraction, this is your only warning.

Introduction - First of all, We're all doing this as a hobby. This is not our job, so, please, follow these simple rules:

* Don't ask for estimated time of arrival (ETA). I will release a new build when I feel it's ready.
* Don't request any additional features. This is meant to be pure ROM from CyanogenMod sources, so any 3rd party features will not be added.
* Don't report a bug if it's already reported. Report bugs here (click)! and don't forget to mention that you're on Galaxy Ace
* If you use this sources, add us in the credits and let us know of your project.
* Keep this thread clean, use talk topic for chat. Post only development related things here. (bug reports, suggestions, possible fixes etc)

li9jlpya9iz6wpibukn.png
rtiay0tc5w8lpyvcz39.png
2glbr2navo5l6o0i4p30.png
jr443bfqjg1bg8uezef.png
8lek1s1x56x1x1lnsior.png
24nmpq8615br3fv2nq7r.png
p43trgm14zi02h18kknv.png
ro74svt5bn60cotlef.png

Functions / features that are not fully working:

1) Native USB tethering
2) Native Wi-Fi tethering
3) Google Now (Voicesearch)

People who made this possible:

* TheWhisp
* rohan007
* michie
* hrk
* erikcas
* Wayland_Ace (for finally fixing camera)
* tilal6991
* KonstaT
* Maclaw
* CyanogenMod team
* marcin1147

Please contact me if I forgot you.

Download ROM: HERE

Older versions can be found: HERE

Sources: our github

Installation Instructions:

* Boot into CWM
* Wipe Data/Factory Reset
* Goto 'mounts and storage' and 'format /system' (Double check that you have selected /system and NOT /sdcard)
* Flash Archive
* After first boot, wait 2 Minutes before you enter your PIN.
* Do your own settings and reboot

I hope, you have a lot of fun with this one :)

Last edited:

lagloose

Feb 11, 2008
Changelog

Release 08.09.2012

• removed AMARULLZ script
  • added Google Apps
  • revert back to original framebuffer size in kernel. ROM should be more responsive now
Release 18/09/2012

• completely compiled from sources by 'erikcas'
  • Removed Google Apps
  • Compressed arsc to free space in /system. Now you can flash gapps without deleting anything.
  • Youtube reboots should be fixed
  • BLN working (not fully tested with 3'rd party apps. Just check...)
  • Trebuchet Autorotation fixed
  • Removed duplicate camera icon
  • CRT animation now working ( = no flicker when screen is turning off )
  • Removed some things to free some space ( Video editor, ROM Manager, some pico tts languages = ~175MB system size)
  • Added ad-hoc support
  • Fixed KSM
  • Enabled WebGL
  • Fixed IO scheduler selection
  • Fully enabled triple frame buffer
  • Lot’s of changes by CM
Release 05.10.2012

• CM Updates as of 02.10.2012
  • Camera working without preview
  • Autofocus working
  • Flashlight working
  • Panorama working with 'Camera ICS' from Market
  • Barcode reading working (As long as you can manage to place it correct above barcode without preview...)
  • Motion Blur in statusbar fixed (Thanks to 'kanpurite' for the hint)
  • Removed some 'big' ringtones for more space on /system
Release 19.10.2012

• Android 4.1.2
  • zRam (compcache) working
  • CRT-OFF Animation working (Thanks 'bieltv.3')
  • Changes from CM as of 16.10.2012
    Most interesting new CM features:
    - XML cache for better performance
    - New battery style 'Circle'
  • heapsize is 64Mb now
  • heapgrowthlimit is 32Mb now
  • back to standard GPS config
Release 05.11.2012

• compiled by erikcas (only replaced kernel and device specific files by me)
  • new kernel config
  • data usage working (from new kernel)
  • ipv6 networking (from new kernel)
  • Waylands CameraHal (Camera working with Preview, Settings, Autofocus and Flashlight)
  • network location working
  • Changes from CM
  • Nice and smooth
  • added zipalign binary for script support
  • added support for userinit.sh scripts
  • new CM filemanager (although seems to be a memory hog...)
Release 03.12.2012

• Audio fixed (no more initializing after flash. Notification sound bug should be gone)
  • New OOM Memory Management
  • Wifi should be more stable now and connect faster
  • Latest CM10 sources
  • SIO and KSM Settings fixed
Release 05.12.2012

• Camcorder working
  • HQ Video and Youtube working

Release 04.01.2013

• latest CM sources
  • size of /system massively reduced by removing ringtones
  • new property 'media.ringtone.force_repeat' which should force loop of ringtone
  • JIT compiler disabled by default for performance
  • heapsize limits changed (should prevent apps from FC)
  • Dithering disabled by default for performance

Notes:
- Due to the fact that in this latest release cooper device sources did not change, it has ONLY been tested for boot up. No further tests (wifi, bluetooth, etc..) were made.
- Some people report performance increases of UI by removing 'hwcomposer.msm7x27.so' from /system/lib/hw. This has not been tested by me. But you can try and report back here, if it really works. (As always: Don't forget to do a CWM backup first)
- As long as there are no significant changes in CM sources or improvements in device sources, there will be no new CM10 release after this one because focusing on CM10.1 from now on.

Notes about 'Google Now'

Google Now seems to be a general problem in many ROM's. For more information see this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1747224 If someone wants to do something for this ROM, she/he can check out this thread if there's a solution for us.

Tweaking

Some people asked me, what i recommend to make Jellaxy more reponsible and faster. So here are my personal recommendations for tweaking.

Some words on Tweaking.

During the last weeks, i've read a lot of 'my rom is laggy' posts in general thread and here. I think some words should be said on this.
First of all, be aware that all those 'Turbo' scripts floating around do more or less ALL the same. They all manipulate system and kernel settings by writing values to special 'device files'. Most effective results are/were achieved by writing new OOM values to '/sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/adj' and '/sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree'. Since ICS, writing to this device files via init.d scripts doesn't work anymore, because since ICS those values are overwritten with default values later during boot up. This is why i added code to Jellaxy which makes it possible to set this values in 'build.prop' (See here: https://github.com/Jellaxy/android_frameworks_base/commit/326ed3a470a610242eff753ac396e666598e089d). This is also, why Supercharger needs a patched 'services.jar' to work in ICS and JB. In the latest release of CM10, i already changed OOM values (based on OOM Calculator by zeppelinox) and lowered the max. number of hidden apps to 10 (See build.prop). I don't think that any script will make things 'revolutionary' better. However, you should always have in mind that:

• 278Mb stays 278Mb, whatever you do. No script in this world can change this
  • We are on JB and not an GB anymore. JB was never meant to run on devices with just 278 Mb of memory
So i recommend to try to run Jellaxy CM10 without any tweaking script first. Let it settle down and wait a day. Additionally try to limit max. number of Background processes to 4 in 'Developer Settings'.

Try to use swapping, if it makes things better for you or not.

If you want to try out a tweaking script, make a CWM backup first. So you can always revert back if something goes wrong. And always try only one script at a time and DO NOT flash all scripts that promise to give you 'the ultimate fastest machine on the planet'.

..2SD

Most of you will probably have noticed that for some reason most available scripts have an impact on performance. I recommend to use 'Link2sd' from Playstore. It's the only one i've found so far, which pushes apps, dalvik and system libs to SD without breaking performance.

Have a lot of fun with Jellaxy

Last edited:

daredj

May 8, 2011
good luck with that, meanwhile waiting for wayland git to make a stable cm9.

Greetings.

EDIT: i forgot! it's working with erikcas kernel on github?? i'm compiling a nimms kernel (experimental only) but i'm not sure which kernel are more stable...

Last edited:

hdiablo

Jul 9, 2012
Šibenik
CyanogenMod 10 'Jellaxy'

Special Remark for Galaxy Ace: Unfortunately Galaxy Ace is the only device where camera driver in kernel is not working yet. We're working hard to solve this problem.

FIT has that problem to :p strange isnt it FIT and ACE have 5MP camera and they dont work. GIO and MINI 3MP work lol... Some camera apps work on FIT so i think they will work on ACE NightVisionCam, twisted camera.

I think problem could be that camera isnt properly recognized all camera apps think that camera is 3MP and we cant put 5MP

Last edited:

dhalham

Aug 29, 2011
Ill tell you this now, this rom is super super smooth, launcher is great and super super fast! Man great job

Ulrickno94

Jun 9, 2012
Does not boot

After installation, i can see a boot animation and that is all, so it does not boot.

diegonnc

Feb 7, 2012
Piriapolis
Bug-Music does not appear in any music app

Update: I have fixed the problem, you have to delete the .nomedia files located in the music folder, sorry for inconvenience

Last edited:

K.A.

Apr 4, 2012
Any way to get this ROM booting without SD card partitioning?

Drumlistik

Jan 2, 2012
RedRiver-Porto
My app camera freezes cant even take 1 photo. Anyone facing this prob? Keep yhe good work lagloose! :thumbup::):beer:

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app

K.A.

Apr 4, 2012
My app camera freezes cant even take 1 photo. Anyone facing this prob? Keep yhe good work lagloose! :thumbup::):beer:

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app
Camera cant capture images. Y U NO READ OP? :mad:

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

No, it NEEDS Ext to work.
Guess that should be added to OP.
On-T : Why does it REQUIRE a partition?

LewisGauss

Sep 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Camera cant capture images. Y U NO READ OP? :mad:

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Guess that should be added to OP.
On-T : Why does it REQUIRE a partition?

Try deleting Amarullz's script in /system/etc/int.d from the zip package and flash it.

Last edited:
Reactions: K.A.

Sinistersky

Jan 29, 2010
so is this similar to maclaws jelly bean or what? can somebody write what is fully working please?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 'Jellaxy'

Original thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1793511

Project discontinued because there are by far better CM10.1 releases by Wayland_Ace and others.
    Despite that, i got a new device and my good ol' SGA is now in hands of my wife. I hope, i could give something to the community. Thanx for everything..

Most credits go to 'TheWhisp'. So if you want to thank someone, Say thanks to him. He made most of this possible.
    Another 'special' credit and a very warm 'Thank you' goes to 'erikcas' who helped me a lot in creating this release.

This thread is for development only. If your post is not development related, DO NOT post here. Post in the general thread. Any person not following these rules WILL receive an infraction, this is your only warning.

Introduction - First of all, We're all doing this as a hobby. This is not our job, so, please, follow these simple rules:

* Don't ask for estimated time of arrival (ETA). I will release a new build when I feel it's ready.
    * Don't request any additional features. This is meant to be pure ROM from CyanogenMod sources, so any 3rd party features will not be added.
    * Don't report a bug if it's already reported. Report bugs here (click)! and don't forget to mention that you're on Galaxy Ace
    * If you use this sources, add us in the credits and let us know of your project.
    * Keep this thread clean, use talk topic for chat. Post only development related things here. (bug reports, suggestions, possible fixes etc)

li9jlpya9iz6wpibukn.png
    rtiay0tc5w8lpyvcz39.png
    2glbr2navo5l6o0i4p30.png
    jr443bfqjg1bg8uezef.png
    8lek1s1x56x1x1lnsior.png
    24nmpq8615br3fv2nq7r.png
    p43trgm14zi02h18kknv.png
    ro74svt5bn60cotlef.png

Functions / features that are not fully working:

1) Native USB tethering
    2) Native Wi-Fi tethering
    3) Google Now (Voicesearch)

People who made this possible:

* TheWhisp
    * rohan007
    * michie
    * hrk
    * erikcas
    * Wayland_Ace (for finally fixing camera)
    * tilal6991
    * KonstaT
    * Maclaw
    * CyanogenMod team
    * marcin1147

Please contact me if I forgot you.

Download ROM: HERE

Older versions can be found: HERE

Sources: our github

Installation Instructions:

* Boot into CWM
    * Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    * Goto 'mounts and storage' and 'format /system' (Double check that you have selected /system and NOT /sdcard)
    * Flash Archive
    * After first boot, wait 2 Minutes before you enter your PIN.
    * Do your own settings and reboot

I hope, you have a lot of fun with this one :)
    Changelog

Release 08.09.2012

• removed AMARULLZ script
    • added Google Apps
    • revert back to original framebuffer size in kernel. ROM should be more responsive now
    Release 18/09/2012

• completely compiled from sources by 'erikcas'
    • Removed Google Apps
    • Compressed arsc to free space in /system. Now you can flash gapps without deleting anything.
    • Youtube reboots should be fixed
    • BLN working (not fully tested with 3'rd party apps. Just check...)
    • Trebuchet Autorotation fixed
    • Removed duplicate camera icon
    • CRT animation now working ( = no flicker when screen is turning off )
    • Removed some things to free some space ( Video editor, ROM Manager, some pico tts languages = ~175MB system size)
    • Added ad-hoc support
    • Fixed KSM
    • Enabled WebGL
    • Fixed IO scheduler selection
    • Fully enabled triple frame buffer
    • Lot’s of changes by CM
    Release 05.10.2012

• CM Updates as of 02.10.2012
    • Camera working without preview
    • Autofocus working
    • Flashlight working
    • Panorama working with 'Camera ICS' from Market
    • Barcode reading working (As long as you can manage to place it correct above barcode without preview...)
    • Motion Blur in statusbar fixed (Thanks to 'kanpurite' for the hint)
    • Removed some 'big' ringtones for more space on /system
    Release 19.10.2012

• Android 4.1.2
    • zRam (compcache) working
    • CRT-OFF Animation working (Thanks 'bieltv.3')
    • Changes from CM as of 16.10.2012
      Most interesting new CM features:
      - XML cache for better performance
      - New battery style 'Circle'
    • heapsize is 64Mb now
    • heapgrowthlimit is 32Mb now
    • back to standard GPS config
    Release 05.11.2012

• compiled by erikcas (only replaced kernel and device specific files by me)
    • new kernel config
    • data usage working (from new kernel)
    • ipv6 networking (from new kernel)
    • Waylands CameraHal (Camera working with Preview, Settings, Autofocus and Flashlight)
    • network location working
    • Changes from CM
    • Nice and smooth
    • added zipalign binary for script support
    • added support for userinit.sh scripts
    • new CM filemanager (although seems to be a memory hog...)
    Release 03.12.2012

• Audio fixed (no more initializing after flash. Notification sound bug should be gone)
    • New OOM Memory Management
    • Wifi should be more stable now and connect faster
    • Latest CM10 sources
    • SIO and KSM Settings fixed
    Release 05.12.2012

• Camcorder working
    • HQ Video and Youtube working

Release 04.01.2013

• latest CM sources
    • size of /system massively reduced by removing ringtones
    • new property 'media.ringtone.force_repeat' which should force loop of ringtone
    • JIT compiler disabled by default for performance
    • heapsize limits changed (should prevent apps from FC)
    • Dithering disabled by default for performance

Notes:
    - Due to the fact that in this latest release cooper device sources did not change, it has ONLY been tested for boot up. No further tests (wifi, bluetooth, etc..) were made.
    - Some people report performance increases of UI by removing 'hwcomposer.msm7x27.so' from /system/lib/hw. This has not been tested by me. But you can try and report back here, if it really works. (As always: Don't forget to do a CWM backup first)
    - As long as there are no significant changes in CM sources or improvements in device sources, there will be no new CM10 release after this one because focusing on CM10.1 from now on.

Notes about 'Google Now'

Google Now seems to be a general problem in many ROM's. For more information see this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1747224 If someone wants to do something for this ROM, she/he can check out this thread if there's a solution for us.

Tweaking

Some people asked me, what i recommend to make Jellaxy more reponsible and faster. So here are my personal recommendations for tweaking.

Some words on Tweaking.

During the last weeks, i've read a lot of 'my rom is laggy' posts in general thread and here. I think some words should be said on this.
    First of all, be aware that all those 'Turbo' scripts floating around do more or less ALL the same. They all manipulate system and kernel settings by writing values to special 'device files'. Most effective results are/were achieved by writing new OOM values to '/sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/adj' and '/sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree'. Since ICS, writing to this device files via init.d scripts doesn't work anymore, because since ICS those values are overwritten with default values later during boot up. This is why i added code to Jellaxy which makes it possible to set this values in 'build.prop' (See here: https://github.com/Jellaxy/android_frameworks_base/commit/326ed3a470a610242eff753ac396e666598e089d). This is also, why Supercharger needs a patched 'services.jar' to work in ICS and JB. In the latest release of CM10, i already changed OOM values (based on OOM Calculator by zeppelinox) and lowered the max. number of hidden apps to 10 (See build.prop). I don't think that any script will make things 'revolutionary' better. However, you should always have in mind that:

• 278Mb stays 278Mb, whatever you do. No script in this world can change this
    • We are on JB and not an GB anymore. JB was never meant to run on devices with just 278 Mb of memory
    So i recommend to try to run Jellaxy CM10 without any tweaking script first. Let it settle down and wait a day. Additionally try to limit max. number of Background processes to 4 in 'Developer Settings'.

Try to use swapping, if it makes things better for you or not.

If you want to try out a tweaking script, make a CWM backup first. So you can always revert back if something goes wrong. And always try only one script at a time and DO NOT flash all scripts that promise to give you 'the ultimate fastest machine on the planet'.

..2SD

Most of you will probably have noticed that for some reason most available scripts have an impact on performance. I recommend to use 'Link2sd' from Playstore. It's the only one i've found so far, which pushes apps, dalvik and system libs to SD without breaking performance.

Have a lot of fun with Jellaxy
    Erikcas and all the others are doing very good work to finally get OMX libs working in JB for GIO and Ace. Unfortunately i have very less time at the moment to help. I already talked to Erik and we will release new versions ASA OMX libs are working. Means: GIO release day will be Ace release day (or max 1 day later) So be a liitle more patient...

Greetz
    New release available at first post...
    For this and A2SD: Ask your questions here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1799828

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Confirmed working.
    Also YT HQ working.

@ Lagloose, tonight I will update device sources on jellaxy with proper media*.xml files. Also will apply correct solution to android_framworks_av (android_frameworks_av on my personal github is oke for HQ now)
    Also, I will apply hephappies fix for thumbnail creation tonight.

:)

People, you've read it..... I guess this is worth an applause for the great work of Erik, Rashed97, OliverG96 and all the others who were involved. Thank you all very very very much :)

I'll compile a new cooper release as soon as Erik has updated device sources.