[Nov-04-16, 4.4.4, v1.8.0] LeapDroid - Fastest Android Emulator & Game Player for PC

Search This thread

iced00d

Dec 20, 2012
So interesting, I've been using LeapDroid on my laptop without any issues (mostly) but when I installed it on this computer (desktop) it has only come up once. The application came up, I logged into Google, played around with it for a bit and then closed it out. When i went to open it again, the loading cursor just sits there and no application. Using Process Hacker, it shows that LeapDroidVMFrontEnd is running but nothing else. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks..

H

HyperLoop_WuWuWu

So interesting, I've been using LeapDroid on my laptop without any issues (mostly) but when I installed it on this computer (desktop) it has only come up once. The application came up, I logged into Google, played around with it for a bit and then closed it out. When i went to open it again, the loading cursor just sits there and no application. Using Process Hacker, it shows that LeapDroidVMFrontEnd is running but nothing else. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks..
Could you kill LeapdroidVMFrontend and Vbox Interface using Process Hacker and retry?

Jul 23, 2012
To have a better experience playing Pokémon Go, we suggest you change the resolution from its default (1280x800) to 480x800.

To change the resolution, right-click on whichever VM you are using (e.g. Leapdroid VM1 in the below case), click "properties", then in the "target" textbox, change

"C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM\LeapdroidVM.exe" -vfiber -s vm1

to

"C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM\LeapdroidVM.exe" -vfiber -w 480 -h 800 -s vm1

The result should look like this:
pokemonScrShot.jpg

I tried changing the shortcut, but this is what I got (attached)... any ideas?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    62.1 KB · Views: 197

josh510tahoe

Jun 27, 2016
Fremont
I tried changing the shortcut, but this is what I got (attached)... any ideas?

The software resolution must still be set to 1280x800. To change this setting, use adb. The command is:
> adb shell wm size reset

To use adb, first make sure LeapDroid is running. Then follow the below steps:

1. Open a command prompt (hit the windows key, and type 'cmd', and hit enter).
2. In the command prompt, type cd "C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM"
3. type: adb shell wm size reset

Hope this helps!

Pz22U

Aug 20, 2016
Good and fast, but...

While Leapdroid is fast and not too much resource-consuming like the others, I have some issues. I can't run some apps from Play Store.
1. Facebook messenger - it shows endless white screen.
2. OpenVPN - cannot connect. Imported .ovpn profile from SD card, and black screen until 'Leapdroid' appear like when I started the emulator. And suddenly Leapdroid exits itself.
3. Yandex Browser and Yandex Browser Alpha - when I opened it, couldn't past the white screen with its logo (the Y word).
4. Zombie Shooter - couldn't past black screen. In my phone it shows 'loading' right after launching the game. And possibly I can't run Alien Shooter from the same developer (Sigma) too, since the game uses very similar mechanics.

misko2k

May 16, 2010
Hi i have fresh installed Windows 10 with anniversary update , and i can not install it cause it tells me that i need driver what is signed
i can not disable signature checking cause is my working machine and i must have this feature turned on for my work

Blackdragonbird

May 23, 2015
Surubim - PE
Started using this emulator today, and I'm choked with the great performance, much better than MEmu and Nox.

Some questions:

1 - How to change my emulator system configuration? CPU cores, RAM available and resolution of the screen?
2 - How to map my own keys in the keymmaping? The GPS default mapping is not working in Pokemon GO;
3 - How to improve the graphical quality of the games? Getting worse image quality than in MEmu, especially aliasing, to much jaggies.

Thank you. =)

borjoyzee

Aug 10, 2010
portrait mode?

I've searched through the thread here and it says to go to Settings -> Display -> Resolution -> Portrait

but all that's there is an option to change the landscape resolution..

is portrait mode not possible right now? The game i wish to play is in portrait mode so i was hoping i could get rid of the black bars on the sides..

thanks!

tibaspt

Aug 20, 2016
Doens't load

Turns out my installer was corrupted, downloaded again and worked perfectly
Thank you

Hey,
I just installed Leapdroid, I open it, but it's stuck on a LeapDroid loading loop
I have disabled HyperV, and my computer supports virtualization

Tried to do a logcat, no file appeared...
Also checked on the virtual machine, and i kept getting errors untracked pid xxxx, over and over again

turns out my installer was corrupted, atleast the md5 didn't match, downloading and retrying will update in a few

e8de7a2cbeb89e7f86383b932f3c31de.png

Last edited:

Skcyte

Jan 18, 2015
Semarang
Xiaomi Redmi 2
Xiaomi Mi Max
Started using this emulator today, and I'm choked with the great performance, much better than MEmu and Nox.

Some questions:

1 - How to change my emulator system configuration? CPU cores, RAM available and resolution of the screen?
2 - How to map my own keys in the keymmaping? The GPS default mapping is not working in Pokemon GO;
3 - How to improve the graphical quality of the games? Getting worse image quality than in MEmu, especially aliasing, to much jaggies.

Thank you. =)

You can change your cpu cores, RAM through VirtualBox.exe located in your Leapdroid installation directory. And I don't think you can improve the graphic quality yet since this emulator support GLES 2.0, which I believe why the graphic is not as good as the other emulator. Well if you looking at the first page, it's written that GLES 3 is an upcoming feature that I believe it's gonna make graphic quality looks good.

Blackdragonbird

May 23, 2015
Surubim - PE
You can change your cpu cores, RAM through VirtualBox.exe located in your Leapdroid installation directory. And I don't think you can improve the graphic quality yet since this emulator support GLES 2.0, which I believe why the graphic is not as good as the other emulator. Well if you looking at the first page, it's written that GLES 3 is an upcoming feature that I believe it's gonna make graphic quality looks good.

Thank you for the information. Looked in it and seems that the emulator was already configured in a very good way, with 4Gb of ram and 4 CPUs. A pity I can't change the resolution of the emulator screen.

Still looking in the custom keymaping, want to use WASD for GPS, and hope they implement speed tweak for the GPS. Pokemon GO doesn't consider your dislocation for egg hatching if you move too fast.

huisinro

I've searched through the thread here and it says to go to Settings -> Display -> Resolution -> Portrait

but all that's there is an option to change the landscape resolution..

is portrait mode not possible right now? The game i wish to play is in portrait mode so i was hoping i could get rid of the black bars on the sides..

thanks!
Yes, you can do that with -h -w options, please refer to this posting on how to do portrait:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=68233810&postcount=954

xFernando

Aug 21, 2016
Resolution 1920x1080

Anyone know when it will release a version in Full HD?
I'm not abused .. I can not imagine how it must be difficult to modify the system to run on Linux in Virtual Box.

The LeapDroid is incredible, just missing even run a newer version of Android, one that supports 1920x1080 resolution.

With a version of Android in Full HD, the games are incredible.

I put 4 of 8 cores of my CPU and Memory 4GB to run LeapDroid, set up the video at most and has been incredibly fast, it's faster to load games than my Sony XPERIA Z3, only difference is the image .

So this is if any know when you launch a version in Full HD I appreciate the information .... ^^

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Nov-04-16, 4.4.4, v1.8.0] LeapDroid - Fastest Android Emulator & Game Player for PC

logo60.png
    #1 Android Emulator by Android Authority
    http://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-emulators-for-pc-655308/
    Leapdroid Game Player is the Fastest Android Emulator and Virtual Machine in the world
    I am one of the first few guys that released Android vm back in 2010, and now funded by VC, we have put together a very strong team to further develop and improve the vm into a robust product, called LeapDroid, our first version has just released: http://www.leapdroid.com
    With LeapDroid, you can play Android games or any other Android Apps on Windows PC, in a very fast way using our unique LeapGL and Virt Fiber I/O technologies. It is highly compatible with a lot of games, and we will support GLES v3 soon.

Updated on Nov-04-2016:
    We (the whole team) are joining Google, and LeapDroid development is discontinued. Thanks for all of you that have been using our Leapdroid emulator
    !

Updated on Sep-26-2016, version 1.8.0.0 released:
    (1) Improve APK installation, path with spaces is now supported
    (2) Fix Little Big City 2
    (3) Bug Fixes

GitHub tracking issues:
    https://github.com/leapdroid-team/leapdroid/issues/

Media Coverages:

http://www.androidauthority.com/leapdroid-review-703665/
    http://androidcommunity.com/leapdro...astest-android-emulator-for-your-pc-20160711/

Features:
    (1) Android 4.4.4 image
    (2) x86 and ARM apps support
    (3) GLES 1.1 and GLES 2.0 support
    (4) Windows Direct X engine, in addition to host OpenGL
    (4) Host IME support
    (5) Key mapping
    (6) text copy and paste between android and host
    (7) Drag and drop apk installation
    (8) GPS support & seamless Pokemon Go support
    (9) Rooted out of the box, and adb remount support
    and many more

Upcoming Features:
    (1) Copy/Paste files between android and Windows host
    (2) Camera
    (3) Non VT performance improvement
    (5) OBS Streaming
    (5) GLES v3 support
    (6) Android 6 Marshmallow

Performances (Leapdroid simply beats all competitors, period!):
    Comparison.png

A quick update on Pokemon GO 0.37, we made some progress, but will take more time. Stay tuned!
    We just released a new version, 1.2.0, please download from our website, and re-install it (you will have to uninstall the existing version first).

Changes:
    (1) Add APK drag and drop install
    (2) Add support for custom resolutions using -w -h options
    (3) Fixed Antutu crashes on some PCs
    (4) Fixed Keyboard input bugs, e.g., Backspace, Capital letters, that may cause unable to login to google play
    (5) Add support for fullscreen mode
    (6) Display resizeable handles
    (7) Add more languages to Android
    (8) Fix a bug that causes no mouse input
    (9) Fix a bug that causes black screens on 32-bit PC
    (10) Other bug fixes in installer, etc.
    Updated on Aug-05-2016, version 1.4.0.0 released:
    (1) Multi-language support for keyboard
    (2) Pokemon Go compatibility fix
    (3) Heroes of Incredible Tales(HIT) fix
    (4) Pick a game and we will install it for you, go to our website and see tabs[Apps]
    (5) other bug fixes

Now Leapdroid is the only emulator that is compatible with the latest 0.31 Pokemon Go version, and you can install the app genuinely from the Google Play store.
    Updated on Aug-24-2016, version 1.5.0.0 released:
    (1) Pokemon Go: Auto-walk and different speed
    (2) Pokemon Go: Auto-catch pokemon
    (3) Allow user to customize the installation folder
    (4) other bug fixes