[ROM] Motorola Blur / S-Blur_1.071 - Bluetooth [G1/MT3g][11/10]

Search This thread

persiansown

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2007
Release Name: S-Blur
Release Version: 1.071
MD5 Sum: b567e02e1845bf1df0359f2d2cd58dff *S-Blur_1071-update.zip
Credits: Shafty023 and whoever made the kernel (Forgot, sorry)
Radio Required: 2.22.19.26I
SPL Required: Danger SPL
Partition Layout: Must have an EXT2 partition (size is up to you) as well as at least a 64MB swap partition
Wipe Required: Yes if coming from a rom other than S-blur 1.07

Special instructions:

This rom just dropped into my lap. (Anonymously of course) However, I will be maintaining this thread.

This ROM is fast as hell and if you follow the requirements for using this ROM (swap partition size, ext2 instead of ext3, etc) then you'll notice it runs extremely fast.

If you are coming from any rom that is not 1.07 (the official release), you MUST do a full wipe.

You MUST do a full wipe when flashing this rom even if you were running 1.06 before. We are using the official APKs now and you have to wipe. You also have to remake your motoblur account because the old one was based on prerelease firmware and this new one is based on the official cliq dump.

The Features S-Blurry-v1.071:
  1. Cleaned up ramdisk + added Moto services
  2. Standard RAM (no 10MB hack)
  3. Apps2SD w/ error checking and logging
  4. Includes E2FSProgs for checking and converting Ext filesystems
  5. Supports ext2/ext3/ext4 for Apps2SD
  6. Squashfs/Cramfs Support
  7. fsck at boot (to help stop filesystem corruption)
  8. Min CPU set to 384MHz / Max CPU set to 528MHz
  9. TCP buffer changes
  10. PATH variable updates
  11. Calls to /data/init.rc & /system/init.rc
  12. Latest BusyBox w/ working modprobe
  13. rwsystem & rosystem for easy remount of /system
  14. Linux-swap support
  15. Fixed permissions issues in xbin.sqf
  16. Turned off debugging in ramdisk to increase performance
  17. Moved seldom used system apps to ext2/ext3 partition for more space on /system
  18. Optimized user.conf settings for Blur ROM
  19. Disabled sms urgent in user.conf as that was pointless seeing as how that was a Hero only setting and changing the "nice" value of a pid to -20 causes major issues with other processes. Bad idea people
  20. Added /system/bin/compstats so you can verify easily if compcache is enabled and working. Running /system/bin/swap -s takes way too long to return the stats
  21. Added noop I/O scheduler for sdcard. Greatly increases performance

What is not working
  • Camera
  • Wifi
  • GPS
  • Vibrate
  • Shutdown
  • Autorotate
  • Graphics benchmarks on Blur ROMs in general aren't that good. So I consider this to be something that needs to be improved on. It's being looked into. Things you'll notice are slow swiping between Launcher screens, messaging widget is slow

Phone Setup
  • Class 6 SDHC card
  • Linux-Swap partition (at least 64 MB)
  • An ext2 formatted linux partition, NOT ext3. The journal on the ext3 filesystem adds overhead and slows down read/write
  • Complete wipe of: ext2 partition, dalvik-cache directory, /data, /system
  • Android SDK 1.5r3 installed so you can debug your phone if something isn't working
  • A brain and the ability to read English

Note:
This has been verified working by testers and myself with absolutely NO problems on the G1. Anyone who says otherwise and has a G1 is a retard and did not follow directions!

Tips to debug your system

1) Verify CompCache is running
Code:
adb shell compstats

2) Check YOUR LOGS
Code:
adb logcat
adb shell dmesg

How to POST in this thread
If it's bug reporting the subject should be something like "Bug Report" and in the actual post put the problem you're having, version of ROM you're using, your hardware, and some data to actually back up your claim of a bug. If it's a bug fix something along the lines of "Bug Fix" in the subject and then put what has been fixed.

Bug reports MUST be detailed.

Anything that does not adhere to those rules above will be ignored.

NO random gossip or chit-chat. Keep this thread as a place for development and nothing else. Do not post that you are flashing or even thank you. Hopefully together we will be able to keep this thread focused on development.

Download:
http://www.4shared.com/file/150241732/4be6fef3/S-Blur_1071-full.html

No wipe update (for flashing from 1.07 to 1.071)
http://www.4shared.com/get/150236650/dd87b6c7/S-Blur_1071-update.html

Last edited:

persiansown

Jan 12, 2007
If you're having an issue with setting up a motoblur account, post in the following thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=4808417

Note: If you are going to run motoblur on multiple devices (like two G1s or a G1 and a Cliq) do not sure the same account. Motorola doesn't like that.

S-Blur-1.071 changelog
  • Fixed Bluetooth
S-Blur-1.07 changelog
  1. Based off retail Cliq dump
  2. Fixed Picture/Video Gallery
  3. Fast Fast Fast
  4. No FC, pshhh what are those?
  5. sysctl tweaks, a2sd tweaks, tons of tweaks basically
  6. Modified ramdisk
  7. Default Blur ringtones/alarms

Unfortunately, the camera isn't working yet, but it should be fixed soon.
If you don't have the "bouncy" menu animations, go to settings -> display and uncheck the animation box and then recheck it. Should fix it.

S-Blur-1.06.1 changelog
  • Just removed Quickoffice and Better Terminal
  • Expect the new changes later
S-Blur-1.06 changelog
  • fixed Camera that somehow got broken between updates
  • fixed random kernel lockups that would require powering off the phone
S-Blur-1.05 changelog
  • Fixed issue with logcat that would cause phone to slow to a crawl when logcat was running
  • Fixed the random text msg issue with ppl outside of the US
  • Fixed call log crashing
  • Sped up boot time by a lot!

Last edited:

Kazan22

Jun 13, 2008
Seattle
Thanks for taking the torch! I've been way too busy to update the last post within the past few days. Nice work man!

ebg10

Jul 5, 2007
Every time I try to create a blur account it says the blur service has indicated it is busy. HELP ME!!!

jabbawalkee

Dec 22, 2008
Chevy Chase, MD
twitter.com
I still get that stupid Text Message error upon signing in and every few minutes thereafter ("invalid 10-digit number"). I'm on a MyTouch and my carrier is AT&T. This makes the rom unusable in my opinion. Hoping someone can figure that out.

shafty023

Jul 24, 2007
Austin,TX
I still get that stupid Text Message error upon signing in and every few minutes thereafter ("invalid 10-digit number"). I'm on a MyTouch and my carrier is AT&T. This makes the rom unusable in my opinion. Hoping someone can figure that out.

This type of fix would require a dev w/ a mytouch. I know I don't have one so can't help bugfix that issue. I would guess it would have to deal w/ ril binary that handles radio communication. Or perpaps a build.prop fix.
Try this,
Code:
adb remount
adb shell mv /system/build.prop /system/build.prop.bak
adb shell mv /system/build.sapphire.prop /system/build.prop
adb shell reboot

Last edited:

jabbawalkee

Dec 22, 2008
Chevy Chase, MD
twitter.com
This type of fix would require a dev w/ a mytouch. I know I don't have one so can't help bugfix that issue. I would guess it would have to deal w/ ril binary that handles radio communication. Or perpaps a build.prop fix.
Try this,
Code:
adb remount
adb shell mv /system/bin/build.prop /system/bin/build.prop.bak
adb shell mv /system/bin/build.sapphire.prop /system/bin/build.prop
adb shell reboot

mack-kaswells-macbook-air:tools Mack$ adb shell mv /system/bin/build.prop /system/bin/build.prop.bak
failed on '/system/bin/build.prop' - No such file or directory
mack-kaswells-macbook-air:tools Mack$ adb shell mv /system/bin/build.sapphire.prop /system/bin/build.prop
failed on '/system/bin/build.sapphire.prop' - No such file or directory

terr

Jan 24, 2009
mack-kaswells-macbook-air:tools Mack$ adb shell mv /system/bin/build.prop /system/bin/build.prop.bak
failed on '/system/bin/build.prop' - No such file or directory
mack-kaswells-macbook-air:tools Mack$ adb shell mv /system/bin/build.sapphire.prop /system/bin/build.prop
failed on '/system/bin/build.sapphire.prop' - No such file or directory

I think the message is from the voicemail app that is installed with the rom. I just start a task manager app and kill it, no more messages.

I think the next release should get rid of that app (voicemail) and the fav 5 app (or something). These will not work for ATT (what I have). Im going to try to remove them and resign the rom to see if it really gets rid of that message.

Last edited:

persiansown

Jan 12, 2007
I think the message is from the voicemail app that is installed with the rom. I just start a task manager app and kill it, no more messages.

I think the next release should get rid of that app (voicemail) and the fav 5 app (or something). These will not work for ATT (which I have) so their is no point to have them their for a general release (unless there is instructions on hwo to get rid of them). Im going to try to get rid of them of the rom and resign it and have that as my ROM.

You could just delete them from the rom once you have it installed. Much easier than the other way.

However, I will probably delete them in the next release. I don't use them either.

Last edited:

shafty023

Jul 24, 2007
Austin,TX

I think the next release should get rid of that app (voicemail) and the fav 5 app (or something). These will not work for ATT (which I have) so their is no point to have them their for a general release (unless there is instructions on hwo to get rid of them). Im going to try to get rid of them of the rom and resign it and have that as my ROM.

To get rid of those apps
Code:
adb shell rm /data/app_s/VisualVoicemail.apk
adb shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*VisualVoicemail*

I don't see MyFav app on this rom but you could always remove it via Settings->Applications->Manage

Breakthecycle2

Jun 7, 2009
NJ
I am not a compcache pro. Can someone tell me if it's working? I assume so? lol

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\>adb shell compstats
BackingSwap: /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
DiskSize: 62176 kB
MemLimit: 40960 kB
NumReads: 90
NumWrites: 782
FailedReads: 0
FailedWrites: 0
InvalidIO: 0
NotifyFree: 31
PagesDiscard: 0
ZeroPages: 61
GoodCompress: 100 %
NoCompress: 0 %
PagesStored: 499
PagesUsed: 96
OrigDataSize: 1996 kB
ComprDataSize: 375 kB
MemUsedTotal: 384 kB
BDevNumReads: 43
BDevNumWrites: 191

persiansown

Jan 12, 2007
Its working.

You can tell by the line that talks about "GoodCompress"

Compcache is what handles the compressing.