Hows the FM Radio?

Search This thread

dieKatze88

Oct 13, 2007
Well my pair of fuzes should be arriving on Monday or Tuesday so I'm beginning to wonder about some of the other hardware parts. I keep reading that the FM Radio uses the headset as an Antenna. I have a Hermes and the included abysmal headset that came with that, and I have so little intention of using the one that I'm about to get it might make small children cry, so heres the question of the day:

Does the FM Radio work acceptably without the headset? If not, does it work with an adapter and *REAL* headphones?

Not a deal breaker either way, but it would be cool to know.

gezzy

Apr 30, 2006
Modugno (BA)
Hi, I've a Touch Pro on Vodafone UK flashed with ROMeOS² Italian Rom (just to let you know :) ). I'm using on it the headset controller that i had with my previous phone, an O2 Stellar (Tytn2) and a Sennheiser CX300. Absolutely no problem, and the sound looking great!
Now on your other questions.FM Radio is not working without headset, so you have to put them in the plug, and then FM Radio program will start. Otherwise, if for you is a problem having headset inserted in the phone, you can buy an headset controller (on ebay have a really low price!).
About the headset quality, I had before of Touch Pro, a tytn and a tytn2, and can confirm that the quality is the same, so I never used those!

PS: sorry for my english, I hope you undertand what I'm saying! :D

dieKatze88

Oct 13, 2007
Hi, I've a Touch Pro on Vodafone UK flashed with ROMeOS² Italian Rom (just to let you know :) ). I'm using on it the headset controller that i had with my previous phone, an O2 Stellar (Tytn2) and a Sennheiser CX300. Absolutely no problem, and the sound looking great!
Now on your other questions.FM Radio is not working without headset, so you have to put them in the plug, and then FM Radio program will start. Otherwise, if for you is a problem having headset inserted in the phone, you can buy an headset controller (on ebay have a really low price!).
About the headset quality, I had before of Touch Pro, a tytn and a tytn2, and can confirm that the quality is the same, so I never used those!

PS: sorry for my english, I hope you undertand what I'm saying! :D

Thanks alot! that actually answers everything.

Dont worry, I've read my fair share of very broken english, you're miles ahead of many people.

BottleFed

Dec 12, 2008
i DL the one for the fuse and my headset doesnt work as an antenna..... i wonder if i used another phone headset if i could pick up any other radio stations????

Patrick Reily

Dec 3, 2008
I recently was passing by Phoenix AZ and picked up an FM station when I was about 150 miles away and held it until I was 150 mile past Phoenix. Maybe the conditions were just perfect, maybe my headphones are a very effective antenna but whatever the reason, I was impressed with the performance.

Pat

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
I recently was passing by Phoenix AZ and picked up an FM station when I was about 150 miles away and held it until I was 150 mile past Phoenix. Maybe the conditions were just perfect, maybe my headphones are a very effective antenna but whatever the reason, I was impressed with the performance.

Pat

same thing here. i live on the outer edge of houston and can barely get my 2 favorite stations with my car but with my fuze its loud and clear full signal. ive been thinking of ways of hooking my phone into my car just for fm radio. poor iphone users dont know what they are missing.

dieKatze88

Oct 13, 2007
Got my Fuze, Loving the hell out of this thing but the FM Radio isnt quite what I had hoped. Its not awful, its just not great either. Oh well.

kc1

May 30, 2006
...FM Radio is not working without headset...
Strictly speaking that's not true - mine works fine on 'speaker mode' with just one of these in it.

I use some retractable ear buds (also from ebay) & it works fine. I get a good signal on most UK stations of note.

I also stream world radio from the links posted here here, which is fine for talk radio even at GPRS "2 bar" speeds using Windows Media Player and in comparison of course, the FM player is much better.

Attachments

• e610_1.JPG
    e610_1.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: