App to flash recovery (CWM {or} Stock)! Update (safety fixes) PLEASE DOWNLOAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

maxdown

May 16, 2009
anyone have nook tab recovery flasher cwm 6.0.1.5? i can not use fastboot,my pc not recogni my nook

satan89

Sep 21, 2009
Bangalore, Mangalore
Exactly. I think it would be great too since all ics and jb roms require cwm 6.x . But unless I'm mistaken, indirect has left NT scene?
Please could someone with dev skills and time on their hands update this? It would be very convenient to be able to install recovery from rom without any fastboot or terminal knowledge.
Also AFAIK this is the only recovery where it can be triggered directly from roms reboot option or by hardware trigger. We don't need to boot recovery from cyanoboot.

Sent from my ST21i using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Indirect

Mar 25, 2011
Florida
Haven't left just focused on my education ATM. If there is enough of a desire I can update this application for you guys. Who knows, I might even be able to get a local device root method since I'm sure it still hasn't been discovered

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

mooglepimp

Feb 18, 2009
Problem parsing the package

All I get when trying to install the apk is "There is a problem parsing the package." I'm really stumped as to where to go at this point....and starting to get frustrated.

I like to think of myself as pretty techy (can't count the number of phones I've rooted in the past), but this *(#@$^)(*&^$ Nook Tablet is far and away the most difficult/confusing device I've ever attempted to load a custom ROM on.

Reactions: DanGeorges

satan89

Sep 21, 2009
Bangalore, Mangalore
All I get when trying to install the apk is "There is a problem parsing the package." I'm really stumped as to where to go at this point....and starting to get frustrated.

I like to think of myself as pretty techy (can't count the number of phones I've rooted in the past), but this *(#@$^)(*&^$ Nook Tablet is far and away the most difficult/confusing device I've ever attempted to load a custom ROM on.

I usually get that error when the file is incorrectly downloaded. Try downloading it again.
I suppose you are on stock rom . Do you already have root?

Sent from my ST21i using xda app-developers app

djd338

Jan 28, 2011
Can someone verify this works flashing 6.x? Change log says it's now 6.x but I only get 5.x. It put me in a cwm loop while already running cm10 (or something did). Now I've started completely over on B&N 1.42 and it just flashed 5.x for me. Could be I just don't have a clue as to what I'm doing also.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

asawi

Oct 1, 2012
When I tried using it it (last week?) it seemed to flash some sort of 5.x.x recovery.

digixmax

Jan 17, 2011
BTW, FWIW CWM 5.x and 6.x use different archiving formats for backup (tar vs BLOb), so there might be a backward compatibility issue in backup/restore.

djd338

Jan 28, 2011
I deleted the old app, re flashed the newest & it still installed cwm 5.x for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

threestripebrand

Mar 7, 2011
Boiling Springs,NC
I rooted 1.4.2,installed recovery app,flashed cwm, hit reboot into recovery, now all I get it is this.its stuck there with the screen going crazy.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356824674670.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356824674670.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 201
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok guys, first of all I have to say that you cannot access recovery without something like quickboot -or- rom manager so please get your preferred app for this.

I AM NOT LIABLE IF YOU SOMEHOW MANAGE TO **** UP A ONE CLICK APP! Do not ask me for support. Learn something and fix it yourselves.

Next, I will say that AlbertWertz will be making a video, but this is -really- simple.
    All you do is click the button corresponding with what you want to flash.

I will work on aesthetics later but for now, it works, checks md5's, and flashes the images.

Problems:
    None with my app, however there are sure to be a few bugs on the recovery. Also: this flashes to internal, that's why I included a reset to stock button!

How to fix a borked install: CLICK ME CLICK ME FOR THE FIX!

(Note, you need superuser otherwise not a damn thing will happen!)

Download link:
    here

Instructions:
    Just click the button that has the recovery you want to flash. It's really simple. Screenshots, credit, and changelog will be posted in the next post.
    Wait 10 seconds for the flash to finish then you can reboot if you want.

Please don't mirror
    Changelog:
    Code:
    2.1: Updated with 1.4.3 stock image and the 6.x CWM image.
    2.0: Cleaned up the code, added better md5 checking now it won't flash without a good md5.
    1.5.5: Fixed md5 hash checking
    1.5: Added Reboot Recovery button
    1.1: Fixed filename issue for stock recovery
    1.0: Initial release.
    Credit:
    Code:
    nemith for the recovery
    myself for the image of stock and designing the app
    Screenshots:
    shot_000001.png
    Here is video Link for OP, explains CWM and how we will use it when flashing roms etc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVQBSkv6Tk4
    Updated the application. You will need to uninstall then reinstall for it to install because I had to change signing keys since I lost my last one.
    Thanks for the try. I have tried everything. I made a nandroid backup, replaced the recovery with the stock one from the acclaim file, changed the md5, then checked the md5 and it was fine. when i went to restore it gave me an md5 error. I'm lost until someone makes a usable bootable image file.

I am not a programmer so I can't help much in the development, but I try to help where I can. I have made a ROM that is 1.4.0 without being registered and is rooted using Indirects method and has Indirects Clockwork Recover installed. You should be able to put it on a card and use CWM recovery to load it. No frills, no thrills, just a stockish ROM restorable with CWM.

These are clockwork recovery backup zips. You will need to unzip and place on a MicroSC card
    /clockworkmod/backup/2012-01-24.blahblah/all the files

You can find it at http://www.makingitdigital.net/android/index.html

Hope it helps

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

If you don't see it right away, wait a couple of mins, it is still uploading and is kinda slow tonight.