[ROM][4.2.1_r1.2] Bland Android Project [02/05]

Search This thread

budm

Jun 28, 2010
South Bend
dIqJPbt.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm in the Process of Reworking this post, so be warned things will change...
Also, I'm currently in the process of building the newest version of the ROM​

Introducing
Project Bland Android, The successor to Bland Android. The goals of Project Bland Android, are simple. To Create three flavors of Android, Original, Cherry, and Dirty Boot (Sadly Name is now Temporarily Final). All work will remain open source, including Dirty Boot. Each Version will always be built upon the latest code base, and always attempt to update quickly. With the goal, of always being open, always being transparent, and always being helpful. This ROM is aimed to be a effort to help the community, and always have the community help others. If your not into that, this ROM will most likely not be for you.

Just like the Previous builds of Bland Android, I am not wanting to work on this all by myself the whole time, so any offers to help will not be turned down, I would love to see this working 100%, and growing, so PM me if interested, or just post in the thread, together, we can grow this ROM from more than a small project, but rather a community effort.

Introducing the Flavors:
  • Original Flavor, will remain Strictly AOSP, with small amounts of changes.

• Cherry will become the Version that develops Somewhat rapidly, every week, there will be a vote for something to be cherry picked into Cherry, then during the next weeks vote, minor builds will be released with the goal of becoming stable by the time the next weeks cherry is integrated.

• Finally, Dirty Boot, which will be the flavor that will develop at a slower pace, but with aims of always being stable. Again, code will remain open source, as long as credit is always provided. Not to mention, with enough request, support will be extended to other devices.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Android Version: 4.2.1_r1.2

Current Original Flavor: 0.0.3
Download:

-This build is tested to boot, not much more, unclear of bugs, most if not all should work, just supply your own G-APPs.

Current Cherry Flavor: 0.0.0

VOTING CLOSES FOR THIS BUILD: Feb 15th, 2013

Download:
WooVGj6.png

Current Dirty Boot Flavor: 0.0.0
Download:
WooVGj6.png

CREDITS FOR RESOURCES:
  • Thanks to greenblue for his easy to use source, which can be found here: on his github. or his tutorial:
    here..
  • Kevdliu's Additional Toggles are integrated into the source, which can be found here: in this thread.

What works?

• IDK yet

Whats Doesn't work?
  • IDK yet

Whats weird?
  • IDK yet

Old Versions...

ROM Build 3 is missing (hoping for a mirror)

ROM Build 2 (Missing Call Audio):
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bpib8jovq69xx3m

ROM Build 1 (Missing Audio and G-APPS):
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e352ga7jvx2sh4i

Last edited:

budm

Jun 28, 2010
South Bend
does phone volume woirk? does 4g wimax work?

There currently isn't any audio, period, phone volume and music volume aren't working yet though I'm hunting for the reason. And I can't test wimax (not in my area) but I added everything for wimax, so theoretically and I assume it should work.

Last edited:

r4dik4l

Dec 12, 2009
this is my primary device, so until audio works I will not be able to test it much :) as soon as volume works I will test 4g wimax

r4dik4l

Dec 12, 2009
are you able to use telephony from 4.1.2 or anything like that? I know hp420 has made a rom in the past and there are others, I wish I could help

ubnub82

Mar 18, 2010
Sterling Heights
My build has working audio. Took a while to get to it though since it keeps getting com.android.phone has stopped. Not sure if I should upload it and see if someone can find a fix.

The Batman

Apr 27, 2011
Gotham City
The GPS is checked as if it is on, but when I try to use Google Now, it cannot register my location. Instead it gives me the option to access settings to turn on Location Services which are already on.

Sent from my Crespo4G using xda app-developers app

budm

Jun 28, 2010
South Bend
The GPS is checked as if it is on, but when I try to use Google Now, it cannot register my location. Instead it gives me the option to access settings to turn on Location Services which are already on.

Did you try with Google Maps also? I was able to get a lock in maps, but that was all I tested in. Also, a logcat would be wonderful to see what is going on when this happens for you.

The Batman

Apr 27, 2011
Gotham City
Google Maps attempts to lock into my location, unfortunately, both Google Maps and Google Now don't seem to be able to access GPS.

Going to see if I can get a logcat sometime today. Aldo want to check the settings to see if Google's "Gesture" keyboard is within the rom and if not whether installing a separate apk will work.

Edit: Google's Gesture keyboard is not set by default, however, I was able to install the apk separately and it works great. No logcat yet.

Also, when attempting to look at the Storage section under Settings, it FCs. This is also the case when attempting to access any 4G options for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

budm

Jun 28, 2010
South Bend
Google Maps attempts to lock into my location, unfortunately, both Google Maps and Google Now don't seem to be able to access GPS.

Going to see if I can get a logcat sometime today. Aldo want to check the settings to see if Google's "Gesture" keyboard is within the rom and if not whether installing a separate apk will work.

Edit: Google's Gesture keyboard is not set by default, however, I was able to install the apk separately and it works great. No logcat yet.

Also, when attempting to look at the Storage section under Settings, it FCs. This is also the case when attempting to access any 4G options for obvious reasons.

Thanks for the heads up, I will add them to the OP, and please do get the logcat, and if you can get one for when the menus crash also, it might put me in the right direction.

The Batman

Apr 27, 2011
Gotham City
Thanks for the heads up, I will add them to the OP, and please do get the logcat, and if you can get one for when the menus crash also, it might put me in the right direction.

For some reason, I am unable to get a log cat. I keep getting the message "- waiting for device -" so I'm not exactly sure how to go about obtaining it. (FYI, I'm using a Mac).

If anyone has any tips on how or why this is not working, please feel free to let me know.

Edit: I was able to get the logcat. Do you want me to PM you with it (@budm)?

Last edited:

budm

Jun 28, 2010
South Bend
For some reason, I am unable to get a log cat. I keep getting the message "- waiting for device -" so I'm not exactly sure how to go about obtaining it. (FYI, I'm using a Mac).

If anyone has any tips on how or why this is not working, please feel free to let me know.

Edit: I was able to get the logcat. Do you want me to PM you with it (@budm)?

Thanks for the Logcats, I'll read through them once I've had my morning coffee lol.

EDIT: Boy do I feel stupid. I forgot to include a few things, it should fix most your issues with the Google Now, and Maps.

Last edited:

The Batman

Apr 27, 2011
Gotham City
Awesome. Just let me know if and when you want me to test out the new build. Unless of course you just post it in the OP.

Thanks for getting this rom together btw.

Edit: any way that you could cook the new Gmail apk into the rom? Also, I've been having Superuser issues. The rom doesn't allow for applications to obtain root access.

Last edited:

budm

Jun 28, 2010
South Bend
Awesome. Just let me know if and when you want me to test out the new build. Unless of course you just post it in the OP.

Thanks for getting this rom together btw.

Edit: any way that you could cook the new Gmail apk into the rom? Also, I've been having Superuser issues. The rom doesn't allow for applications to obtain root access.

I'll be adding it to the OP once I fix/try to fix the settings stuff. and I just added the new Gmail ( I think, I'll double check this though) and I'll provide the SuperUser Zip for any issues. All in all, should be up in about 1 to 4 hours after I finish some things around my house.

Reactions: The Batman

subnoize soulja

Sep 8, 2011
Ormond Beach
is this ROM pretty stable? I am looking forward to flashing this but I know its a pretty new ROM and my phone has been acting funny and dont want to chance screwing it up!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dIqJPbt.png

I'm in the Process of Reworking this post, so be warned things will change...
    Also, I'm currently in the process of building the newest version of the ROM​

Introducing
    Project Bland Android, The successor to Bland Android. The goals of Project Bland Android, are simple. To Create three flavors of Android, Original, Cherry, and Dirty Boot (Sadly Name is now Temporarily Final). All work will remain open source, including Dirty Boot. Each Version will always be built upon the latest code base, and always attempt to update quickly. With the goal, of always being open, always being transparent, and always being helpful. This ROM is aimed to be a effort to help the community, and always have the community help others. If your not into that, this ROM will most likely not be for you.

Just like the Previous builds of Bland Android, I am not wanting to work on this all by myself the whole time, so any offers to help will not be turned down, I would love to see this working 100%, and growing, so PM me if interested, or just post in the thread, together, we can grow this ROM from more than a small project, but rather a community effort.

Introducing the Flavors:
    • Original Flavor, will remain Strictly AOSP, with small amounts of changes.

• Cherry will become the Version that develops Somewhat rapidly, every week, there will be a vote for something to be cherry picked into Cherry, then during the next weeks vote, minor builds will be released with the goal of becoming stable by the time the next weeks cherry is integrated.

• Finally, Dirty Boot, which will be the flavor that will develop at a slower pace, but with aims of always being stable. Again, code will remain open source, as long as credit is always provided. Not to mention, with enough request, support will be extended to other devices.

Current Android Version: 4.2.1_r1.2

Current Original Flavor: 0.0.3
    Download:

-This build is tested to boot, not much more, unclear of bugs, most if not all should work, just supply your own G-APPs.

Current Cherry Flavor: 0.0.0

VOTING CLOSES FOR THIS BUILD: Feb 15th, 2013

Download:
    WooVGj6.png

Current Dirty Boot Flavor: 0.0.0
    Download:
    WooVGj6.png

CREDITS FOR RESOURCES:
    • Thanks to greenblue for his easy to use source, which can be found here: on his github. or his tutorial:
      here..
    • Kevdliu's Additional Toggles are integrated into the source, which can be found here: in this thread.

What works?

• IDK yet

Whats Doesn't work?
    • IDK yet

Whats weird?
    • IDK yet

Old Versions...

ROM Build 3 is missing (hoping for a mirror)

ROM Build 2 (Missing Call Audio):
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bpib8jovq69xx3m

ROM Build 1 (Missing Audio and G-APPS):
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e352ga7jvx2sh4i
    I have been following it loosely, because when you try to use his source, you can't pull most of AOSP, so I'm mixing and matching his, IAmTheDarkOnes, and AOSP.

I updated the greenblue github tree to 4.2.1_r1.2. It should now pull the latest aosp and I created new repos for firmware. Let me know if you are still having trouble pulling the source.
    Downloads are down I deleted the one I had!!!! I need it again lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

I checked, and Its no longer there, if someone has a old copy they could share with you until I get the new builds rolling again, that would probably be much appreciated... If not, I'm not making a Definitive ETA, but I'm setting up a new dev enviroment as I type this, and hopefully should have the first new original build rolling out between tonight and sunday or monday...

----------------------
    EDIT: 1/26/2013
    ----------------------
    Been having issues getting AOSP to compile in my environment, so I'm probably not going to have it ready soon... But working on it every day.

----------------------
    EDIT: 1/27/2013
    ----------------------

I may have spoke too soon, I ran a test build between last night and this morning, and I awoke to it completely built. I still have to test it out, and add the features from the original build... So I'm going to push that ETA back a day or two, we are now looking at the Monday to Wednesday range...
    I flashed the gapps from this rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1994221
    Stopped the gapps FCing.
    Sorry anyone/everyone for the lack of update for the past couple days, I've been busy seeing family for the past couple days, and they got into town before I could get time to work the rom. I should be back to working on it Sunday, also, ubnub82 thanks for the posted G-Apps, I'll replace the one in my OP, and try to get everything changed out.