8.9 cases?

Search This thread

petes67bird

Jun 25, 2012
Contact Poetic cases off of amazon. They make killer cases and even copies of the official amazon case for about 20 percent of the price. Great warranty and excellent customer service.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk.

mrcpu

Dec 26, 2008
Contact Poetic cases off of amazon. They make killer cases and even copies of the official amazon case for about 20 percent of the price. Great warranty and excellent customer service.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk.

Looks like they get 'em coming in on 11/22 according to amazon website. I'm in for 1. We'll see what it looks like.

jmoak

Aug 9, 2008
Thanks, I just bought a poetic case for my wife's 7 but do not see them for the 8.9

Do you have a link for what you see coming on 11/22?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

mrcpu

Dec 26, 2008

dwcasey

Jul 14, 2010
NW Arkansas
Amazon branded case...

The amazon case is the best i've seen. I know they are expensive but well worth it. Very good quality and auto wake/sleep function.

+1 I got an Amazon branded case with my KFHD89 purchase and it's very nice. Makes volume/power button access much easier and the magnetic power on power off feature is nice.

mrcpu

Dec 26, 2008
Changed my mind, went with the amazon case. Works great, fits well, love it.

mrcpu

Dec 26, 2008
I ended up changing my mind, and going with the stock amazon case.

I'm not really liking it though. Fit is very nice, but when the cover is opened all the way against the back of the tablet, and you're holding it, the edges of the case are kind of "sharp", and dig in, at least the way I hold it.

It looks nice, but I'm not 100% sure I'd recommend it to anybody.

ZzFDKzZ

Mar 22, 2006
I bought a rooCASE Slim-Fit for $12 2 days ago. Now its down to $8. Blah!

Has anyone found a TPU case?

F@@dog

May 25, 2012
Dallas TX

Unfortunately it is a knockoff of the Case Crown, also sold on Amazon. It has one flaw (major) and one minor one for me. First, the Kindle is housed in the case UPSIDE DOWN! Didn't know there was an upside down? Shut you Kindle .9 down. reboot with the camera on your right side. Notice that the icon comes up upside down? !!! No big deal? You will find ESPN and Dish (slingbox) to name a couple In the instant of the Case Crown, you can rotate the holder 180 degrees so that the .9 is held correctly. Unfortunately that defeats the magnetic On off feature. The case is MUCH larger than the Amazon case making it just a tad more difficult for those of us who do not have extra large mitts to hold it in one MITT for an extended period of time. The added bulk and weight was just not my cup of (bourbon), Tea.

I sent my Case Crown back last week right after the Kindle case arrived. The Amazon case is expensive I think, could have at least had Plush leather and the sharp ridges on the right side of the case fall just where my thumb sets. but then, it's the only game in town at the moment.

F@@dog

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Addition to my last note on the .9 Case alternatives. ANY bifold case will set the Fire, be it 7" OR 8.9" upside down in the case.

Last edited:

Geekybiker

Sep 30, 2010
Chicagoland
The Amazon case is pretty much the only one that puts the camera towards the spine of the case. Its only really an issue if you have to hold the spine on the left. Open it with the spine on the right and everything is dandy. I think of it more a design flaw with the kindle than the case makers. They also decided to put the power port on the bottom when setup in landscape mode (like most folks will use for extended viewing, or using with a keyboard, etc. Some of the trifold cases get the ports off the ground a bit more where you might be able to squeeze the power in, but its something to look for when buying if that's important to you.