[Q] Red Cross on Battery after Rooting - NOT Charging

Search This thread

reza_1661

Aug 16, 2011
Tehran
Hey,
I just rooted my P601, and I got it working & everything's working fine, but since the rooting there is a red cross on the battery icon while connected to my laptop, it's connected to my laptop and recognized; BUT it WON'T CHARGE! It will charge with wall charger though. I tried different cables, and different laptops, but it seems that the problem is my tablet.
Can anyone help me?!
Thanks in Advance

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    155.4 KB · Views: 4,535

Geordie Affy

Oct 21, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
@reza_1661 theres nothing wrong with your tablet, when I connect my tablet (not rooted and stock firmware) to my laptop the same thing happens as its connected as a media device to tranfer data between the two.

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.

Reactions: reza_1661

reza_1661

Aug 16, 2011
Tehran
@reza_1661 theres nothing wrong with your tablet, when I connect my tablet (not rooted and stock firmware) to my laptop the same thing happens as its connected as a media device to tranfer data between the two.

Thanks for your answer @Geordie Affy;
I thought it should be possible to charge it with laptop like all other devices such as my mobile phones ... ! So, there is no way to charge it with laptop? I haven't done something wrong?

7lips7

Jan 14, 2013
that also happens to me but when i have my tablet connected to a wall socket, to solve the problem i have to disconnect and connect several times for it to go back to normal

fantasmanegro

Apr 27, 2012
Hey,
I just rooted my P601, and I got it working & everything's working fine, but since the rooting there is a red cross on the battery icon while connected to my laptop, it's connected to my laptop and recognized; BUT it WON'T CHARGE! It will charge with wall charger though. I tried different cables, and different laptops, but it seems that the problem is my tablet.
Can anyone help me?!
Thanks in Advance

maybe it is the "same" cable even with different ones... just for data transfer and not for charging the device...:confused:

cmonte83

Sep 21, 2014
found a fix

Hi, I have the same issue since 4 months ago, it was already rooted, so I change the usb flex with other new and did not worked, the red cross always appears and it couldn't connect to the pc but the hdmi works fine, so I opened the note and in the place that the flex connect to the motherboar there is a kind of clip, when I presed that clip it charge normal and the pc recognize it so I left there a little piece of paper to make continously presure and woks fine now

Reactions: aoka

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Yes, Tilagoon is correct. The red x means you're charging at super slow speed and you have to have the screen off.(don't use it while charging with PC USB)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No you have not done anything wrong. A usb port can put like 500mAh so it would need like 16 hours to charge your device.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
    found a fix

Hi, I have the same issue since 4 months ago, it was already rooted, so I change the usb flex with other new and did not worked, the red cross always appears and it couldn't connect to the pc but the hdmi works fine, so I opened the note and in the place that the flex connect to the motherboar there is a kind of clip, when I presed that clip it charge normal and the pc recognize it so I left there a little piece of paper to make continously presure and woks fine now