How to know the exact version or carrier because a custom ROM replaced it?

Search This thread

sCell_

Jul 16, 2012
I747 sometimes restarts itself and gets stuck on the custom rom boot screen. I have tried multiple ROMs and multiple kernels by now but the problem persists. The only thing that gets it out is that I have to manually remove the battery and put it back in. Also sometimes the WiFi stops connecting and when I try to turn it off and on again, it gets stuck on "WiFi is turning on".

The only thing I want to do now is go back to the original firmware however the because I have a ROM installed, I don't know exactly what the VERSION (the version shown in the settings doesn't match any of these). I also don't remember the exact carrier. Can anyone help regarding this?

StoneyJSG

Jul 28, 2014
Did you make a nandroid backup before installing the custom ROM? If not, I suggest using ODIN to flash the stock NE4 firmware. You can find the NE4 4_file tar file thread in this forum.

sCell_

Jul 16, 2012
Did you make a nandroid backup before installing the custom ROM? If not, I suggest using ODIN to flash the stock NE4 firmware. You can find the NE4 4_file tar file thread in this forum.

No backup at all. I was also thinking of the Odin way however as I mentioned in the post, I can't find a version of the software that matches that on the phone. I also don't know the phone carrier (it is from Canada i747m with 2gb RAM, thats all I know). Is it okay to just do any version of the firmware or do I need a specific version?

StoneyJSG

Jul 28, 2014
No backup at all. I was also thinking of the Odin way however as I mentioned in the post, I can't find a version of the software that matches that on the phone. I also don't know the phone carrier (it is from Canada i747m with 2gb RAM, thats all I know). Is it okay to just do any version of the firmware or do I need a specific version?

If it's an i747m then you need firmware for that model. Firmware for the i747 won't work on i747m.

S3-747m

Nov 25, 2016

If it's a Canadian i747m, it may be a Telus, Bell, Rogers, AT@T, or SaskTel phone. Check the back --- oh wait, Telus doesn't have custom backs (I have a S3 from Telus).
It doesn't matter what VERSION, it matters what MODEL it's for. I could flash CM10 and it would run, BUT it has to be for the EXACT SAME DEVICE! (d2can if you wanted to know.)

Last edited:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Rogers, Telus, bell, fido, Koodo all use the same stock base rom with slight customization for each carrier. You can install the rogers rom to a Telus phone and bell phone. I've done this many times.

Reactions: John_Peter

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rogers, Telus, bell, fido, Koodo all use the same stock base rom with slight customization for each carrier. You can install the rogers rom to a Telus phone and bell phone. I've done this many times.