[[Guide]] Apktool Mobile (Setup/Decompile-Recompile/Theme/Sign)

Search This thread

rhoben

Jul 12, 2017
Yo guys! Here I come up with a brief tutorial for using Apktool Mobile! Let's begin!

Requirements:

1.A rooted device
2.Apktool 4.4 : http://apktool.googlecode.com/files/apktool4.4_armhf.zip
3.A deodexed app of your phone.

How to deodex? Watch my video tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0sfERSqLgA

4.Root explorer and Busybox
5.Brain.apk
6.Patience.jar

How to setup apktool?

1.) Unzip apktool4.4_armhf.zip using root explorer.
2.) Navigate to sdcard0/speedsoftware/extracted/apktool4.4_armhf/apktool folder and install apktool 4.4
3.) Open apktool app,grant root access. Now goto settings and select apktool version 1.5.2. Come back.
4.) Navigate to storage/sdcard0/speedsoftware/apktool4.4armhf folder.
5.) Long press on apktool folder and select Set as apktool data folder.
6.) Navigate to system/framework
7.) Click on framework-res.apk and select import as framework.
8.) In the same folder find twframework-res.apk(for samsung devices) or mediatek-res.apk, click on it->import as framework
9.) Now navigate to system/app, find systemui.apk->click on it and select
10.) Import as framework.
11.) Done.

How to theme SystemUI?

1.) Using root explorer, create a folder named 'A' in apktool folder.
2.) Copy SystemUI.apk to that folder.
3.) Open apktool app, navigate to that A folder, click on SystemUI.apk and select decompile all. Wait till it gets decompiled.
4.) After it gets decompiled, you will get a folder named SystemUI_src
5.) Now minimize apktool, go to root explorer, navigate to SystemUI_src folder, and do any type of modifications you want.
For example, colour the battery icons using Picsay Pro and save with the original name.
6.) After you are done, open apktool app, click on SystemUI_src folder, recompile. Wait till it gets recompiled. Now you will get an app named SystemUI_src.apk. That's your modded apk.

How to Sign SystemUI/Any System app?

1.) Using root explorer, goto A folder, and extract SystemUI.apk and SystemUI_src.apk one by one.
2.) Now navigate to sdcard0/speedsoftware/extracted/SystemUI folder.
3.) Copy Androimanifest.xml and Meta-inf folder from there. Press back and open SystemUI_src folder. Paste those two files there. Click replace when you see the popup.
4.) Come back. Long press on SystemUI_src folder and select zip this folder. Then select goto zip once its finished. Rename the SystemUI_src.zip to SystemUI.apk.
5.) Done. Now you can your push own modified UI to system/app!
Good luck!

Regards,
Aniruddha B.Pathak.
HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU!! :laugh:

Please updtate the link

Reactions: Aniruddha_Pathak

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yo guys! Here I come up with a brief tutorial for using Apktool Mobile! Let's begin!

Requirements:

1.A rooted device
    2.Apktool 4.4 : https://storage.googleapis.com/goog.../code.google.com/apktool/apktool4.4_armhf.zip
    3.A deodexed app of your phone.

How to deodex? Watch my video tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0sfERSqLgA

4.Root explorer and Busybox
    5.Brain.apk
    6.Patience.jar

How to setup apktool?

1.) Unzip apktool4.4_armhf.zip using root explorer.
    2.) Navigate to sdcard0/speedsoftware/extracted/apktool4.4_armhf/apktool folder and install apktool 4.4
    3.) Open apktool app,grant root access. Now goto settings and select apktool version 1.5.2. Come back.
    4.) Navigate to storage/sdcard0/speedsoftware/apktool4.4armhf folder.
    5.) Long press on apktool folder and select Set as apktool data folder.
    6.) Navigate to system/framework
    7.) Click on framework-res.apk and select import as framework.
    8.) In the same folder find twframework-res.apk(for samsung devices) or mediatek-res.apk, click on it->import as framework
    9.) Now navigate to system/app, find systemui.apk->click on it and select
    10.) Import as framework.
    11.) Done.

How to theme SystemUI?

1.) Using root explorer, create a folder named 'A' in apktool folder.
    2.) Copy SystemUI.apk to that folder.
    3.) Open apktool app, navigate to that A folder, click on SystemUI.apk and select decompile all. Wait till it gets decompiled.
    4.) After it gets decompiled, you will get a folder named SystemUI_src
    5.) Now minimize apktool, go to root explorer, navigate to SystemUI_src folder, and do any type of modifications you want.
    For example, colour the battery icons using Picsay Pro and save with the original name.
    6.) After you are done, open apktool app, click on SystemUI_src folder, recompile. Wait till it gets recompiled. Now you will get an app named SystemUI_src.apk. That's your modded apk.

How to Sign SystemUI/Any System app?

1.) Using root explorer, goto A folder, and extract SystemUI.apk and SystemUI_src.apk one by one.
    2.) Now navigate to sdcard0/speedsoftware/extracted/SystemUI folder.
    3.) Copy Androimanifest.xml and Meta-inf folder from there. Press back and open SystemUI_src folder. Paste those two files there. Click replace when you see the popup.
    4.) Come back. Long press on SystemUI_src folder and select zip this folder. Then select goto zip once its finished. Rename the SystemUI_src.zip to SystemUI.apk.
    5.) Done. Now you can your push own modified UI to system/app!
    Good luck!

Regards,
    Aniruddha B.Pathak.
    HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU!! :laugh:

Thanks to @Ibuprophen for providing me the updated link to apktool.
    Older version would work faster

Hi! I'm on a rooted kk tablet running ApkTool mobile v5.
    Is this version stable and bugfree? or should I install an older one (e.g. v4.4)
    An other question,what should I do to have a signed and/or working app after:
    Decompiling>>Adding files>> ??
    Because when I add files to the apk and try to compile, errors, errors,...errors!!

1. I would recommend older version of apktool as it would work faster on your tab.
    2. Install busybox if its not already installed.
    3. If you are replacing a png, then keep in mind that you must replace those pngs with "SAME NAME" as they were before in the SystemUI.
    4. Donot touch .9.pngs if you don't know how to play with them. :cool:
    KeeP it up ..

Thanks for the guide ...... I have apk tool 4.6 can i use it in same way???
    Thanks for the compliment :D
    Of course you can :D but I personally recommend 4.4 as it has more options is quite faster ;)
    Still go ahead with 4.6 :angel:
    Ahh...thats for smali

Apktool when set to 2.0 gives errors sometimes while recompiling if you edit smali files :( hence, set it to 1.5.2 so that you won't face any problem :D
    Follow the guide again

Setup apktool again, then follow the guide carefully :)