Evo 3D battery life - You guys getting this too?

Search This thread
BATTERY LIFE ON NEW EVO 3D:
attachment.php

90% battery after 12.5hrs!

I keep all the radios on (4G, 3G, wifi, bluetooth, gps) and brightness set to auto.
I couldn't do a screen shot from the phone cuz no root yet :(

Manl, that's insane how efficient the new dual cores are!

Attachments

• Evo3D-Battery-Life.jpg
    Evo3D-Battery-Life.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 7,247
Last edited:

LostRib

Jun 28, 2011
Only if you dont use the phone. Hence your display percentage so low. Mine went about 12.5 hours on battery with the display on for 3h total

ydoucare

Dec 2, 2008
That is one thing that I don't understand about this phone. Sometimes, i'll pull it off the charger and not touch it for 12 hours and the battery will still be in the 90's like you see above. Other times, i'll pull it off the charger and not touch it and it will just slowly drain and be into the 60's or 70's after 12 hours (and it's still sleeping). Don't get it. Signal is always good here too.

S

shaanwarrior

just out of curiosity, what battery indicator app is that?

kilik64

Jun 22, 2011
he was talking about the indicator in the top left corner.

curious too, currently using the simi clock battery. Fan of that, but having one in the top bar would be cool...

Quis89

Mar 21, 2010
What are you guys' usage patterns like? My battery life is no where near what I'm seeing in this thread. Maybe I use my phone too much.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App

lyon21

Feb 27, 2011
Chicago
What are you guys' usage patterns like? My battery life is no where near what I'm seeing in this thread. Maybe I use my phone too much.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App

I know why my battery life sucks. I use it way too much... Lol... Underclocking to 685mhz works pretty well and the phone isn't all that laggy. It is definitely bearable.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

k2buckley

Sep 24, 2010
The only days I get battery life anywhere close to that are the days that I am super busy and just don't touch my phone, except to answer a call or text. Days where I have too much time, I'll constantly be on my phone playing games, researching things, youtubing stuff, listening to music, and on those days I'll get 9-12 hours, which is still good in my book. It'll easily go over a day with very light usage. I can leave it off the charger at 100% over night, and it'll be at 97% or so when I wake up, but as soon as I get on that XDA app for 20 minutes I'll be down to 75%, lol. It's ironic that the XDA app is such a major battery drain, and that is one of the apps that I use the most.

jamaicansolja

Oct 15, 2008
West Palm Beach, FL
I get about 3 hours of battery, and I don't even use it for calls really.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

If you get '3 hours of battery and don't use it for calls' then you either have a defective phone or lying. I do vallet and play Video's all day work 5PM-4AM and I never have to charge my phone although close to dead by the time I leave. 3 hours? I don't think so.

SoraX64

Aug 23, 2010
Frederick, Maryland (Hood College)
Fact 1: 9 times out of 10, if you don't use your phone at all, the battery will barely drain.

Fact 2: If you were to actually pick up and use the phone, you wouldn't get nearly as long out of the battery.

That's something that baffles me about people and keeping track of battery usage. They leave their phone sitting there over night and all day without touching it, and then have kittens when the battery percentage barely goes down. Well.. newsflash, that will happen if you don't use the phone at all. I guarantee that if you were to use the phone for any length of time the battery would drain a lot faster than that. So that isn't an accurate indicator of the phone's battery life.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

lrosenman

Feb 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX US
I'm getting around 11 hours and that's with normal use.

GPS on
Bluetooth on
Autosync on
Lotus Traveler on/always connected/SMS
WiFi on

And getting tons of mail. I'm Google voice integrated on Sprint.

Sent from my Evo 3D via Tapatalk

shortyboy

Mar 8, 2006
Ive noticed better battery life overclocked and undervolted.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fact 1: 9 times out of 10, if you don't use your phone at all, the battery will barely drain.

Fact 2: If you were to actually pick up and use the phone, you wouldn't get nearly as long out of the battery.

That's something that baffles me about people and keeping track of battery usage. They leave their phone sitting there over night and all day without touching it, and then have kittens when the battery percentage barely goes down. Well.. newsflash, that will happen if you don't use the phone at all. I guarantee that if you were to use the phone for any length of time the battery would drain a lot faster than that. So that isn't an accurate indicator of the phone's battery life.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
    just out of curiosity, what battery indicator app is that?

Try Battery Circle in the Market.
    If you get '3 hours of battery and don't use it for calls' then you either have a defective phone or lying. I do vallet and play Video's all day work 5PM-4AM and I never have to charge my phone although close to dead by the time I leave. 3 hours? I don't think so.

Ok, to be honest I get about 3 - 4 hours before my phone goes into power save mode. I pretty much use it constantly though and I live in an area with bad reception.... Even still, not sure how you can watch videos for 10 hours on this thing.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    I have had my 3D for a week now and only charged it 3 times. Getting 41 hours all 3 times. Normal use to me, that the Evo 4g would only last me about 15hours.
    I think if I had better signal I would get longer battery life, sometimes it goes in and out of roaming or searching for signal.