***FeraLab*** Official - Break The Limits...

Search This thread

nadare0606

Feb 2, 2012
Sorry, it's my mistake of flashing room for UL bootloader instead of L bootloader. Please ignore my previous posts. Everything's running smooth now. Cheers

Hi mate, I am having the same issue as you're. I have tried to extract 2 files wifi.ko&ar6000.ko in doom kernel to /system/lib/modules and then wifi turns to work properly! But If I restart the phone, those 2 files are automatically deleted!!! I think this must be a bug. In this mean time, you can do as what i do to use wifi temporarily and patiently wait for the fix from Fera.

Did you flash enlighter script?

---------- Post added 27th April 2012 at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was 26th April 2012 at 11:23 PM ----------

I found out a strange problem, files in system/lib/modules automatically restored after rebooting:confused: I deleted some files in that folder and rebooted. Then the deleted files appeared again.:eek:

nanodroid

Nov 18, 2010
Fife,UK
Well fera what can i say, i love the symbian anna look for the rom, something so different will try it and report back :) keep up the smashing work!

Where did you find that rom for download, I 've been looking for it!

just finish installing v15 and then uninstalling it again since lack support for ext4 ...
the rom very laggy with ext4 event it's work ...

reverting back to v14.2 then ...

ps: I'm using Home.apk from ver 15 on my 14.2 ... it's now have 5 home screen but still 4x4 application row with a big space at the bottom of the row
Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk 2

Fera has removed EXT4 from the rom as it wasn't working properly as it should! I think he mentioned a few posts back. What kernel? unlocked or locked? Version 15 is not that laggy if you let it stabilize.I installed it yesterday and today seems much better. Just make sure you follow the installation steps there is not need to go back to 14.2

Polat67

Dec 1, 2010
Cologne
I just want To Update To v15, im on ULBOOTLOADER, , cant i just Download Update files? Do i have to Download the whole Rom? And Do i have To Format System / data etc?
Thanks in advance
Greetz

Gesendet von meinem Xperia X10 mit Tapatalk

ensmed

Nov 1, 2010
Stockholm
I just want To Update To v15, im on ULBOOTLOADER, , cant i just Download Update files? Do i have to Download the whole Rom? And Do i have To Format System / data etc?
Thanks in advance
Greetz

1. sayfayi oku. her sey yazili orada.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Thanks in advance
Greetz

as always read posts along with rom downloading, follow gudies, intructions and search.:D

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

I see, anyone can confirm this?

as the logic said automaticly configures at first start after installation.

Reactions: Polat67

3Dota

Fera has removed EXT4 from the rom as it wasn't working properly as it should! I think he mentioned a few posts back. What kernel? unlocked or locked? Version 15 is not that laggy if you let it stabilize.I installed it yesterday and today seems much better. Just make sure you follow the installation steps there is not need to go back to 14.2

I know that since 14.2 Fera remove support for ext4 ... but it's actually still work [at least on my device with 14.2]

I'm using unlocked with doomkernel ...

with v15 beside lag that I mention before, device keep rebooting, even after I restore it's default voltage and clock.

and in v14.2 ... I need to restore only it's default voltage to make everyting running smooth

nanodroid

Nov 18, 2010
Fife,UK
I know that since 14.2 Fera remove support for ext4 ... but it's actually still work [at least on my device with 14.2]

I'm using unlocked with doomkernel ...

with v15 beside lag that I mention before, device keep rebooting, even after I restore it's default voltage and clock.

and in v14.2 ... I need to restore only it's default voltage to make everyting running smooth

No, trust me, install FS kernel(no overclocker version and you will see how stable it is. no reboots or funny things. Give it a try . go to doomlord's post and download the bottom kernel(FS),also don't forget to flash it's wifi modules. Then Install V15:

Factory reset
Wipe cache
Then format system-format data-format cache.
Mount system,data and cache.
Fix permissions
Install Rom
As soon as it settles down flash the wifi modules

StaticGTF

Apr 8, 2011
Torsby
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi!

After some issues in version 15 with the wifi not recieving any IP upon connection i managed to solve it by formatting System, Data and Cache and then mounting those partitions. After that I launched the V.15 installer again and installed the ROM with the desired settings. After that I flashed the correct wifi-modules for DoomKernel 6 FS (which I use) and rebooted. Wifi was now working as expected!

Hope this is of help to others whit issues with various errors after install...

Thanx Fera for a klick-arse rom!

3Dota

No, trust me, install FS kernel(no overclocker version and you will see how stable it is. no reboots or funny things. Give it a try . go to doomlord's post and download the bottom kernel(FS),also don't forget to flash it's wifi modules. Then Install V15:

Factory reset
Wipe cache
Then format system-format data-format cache.
Mount system,data and cache.
Fix permissions
Install Rom
As soon as it settles down flash the wifi modules

hmm ...
might be I'll try this v15 with those kernel later ... since I've to go out of town for couple days and need my x10 running ...

I'll report back later then ...

Thanks

ps: is there any "major" change betwen v14.2 with v15 in terms of stability and performances?

nanodroid

Nov 18, 2010
Fife,UK
Yes mate, but let it settle down for a day, you will definitely notice a difference. I think it is much more reliable, if you need to go out of the town then I would try the normal version, you want to avois issues, you don't really need to reinatall the rom, just flash kernel and wifi mods.
The fact that it's' not overclocked doesn't mean that it is the same as the stock one from SE or that its not going to be smooth.So in my opinion I prefer to sacrifice overclocking for stablility-reliability.

Reactions: 3Dota

THeLogiC

Sep 19, 2011
Yes mate, but let it settle down for a day, you will definitely notice a difference. I think it is much more reliable, if you need to go out of the town then I would try the normal version, you want to avois issues, you don't really need to reinatall the rom, just flash kernel and wifi mods.
The fact that it's' not overclocked doesn't mean that it is the same as the stock one from SE or that its not going to be smooth.So in my opinion I prefer to sacrifice overclocking for stablility-reliability.

Who said u need overclocking for smooth experience (unless playing games)
I always underclock 245-768 Mhz and does not lag in normal tasks :)

Sent from my X10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

picture.php

Code:
    Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Do everything at your own risk!

= Welcome =

Welcome to FeraLab Official thread! FeraLab is aftermarket Android firmware, which offers you a lot of features, updates and improvements, not found in original stock firmware build. FeraLab firmware is free and it always will be free. Bring new life to your smartphone, install FeraLab firmware - break the limits!

Intro:
    Feel free to do critics, suggestions or anything else in our discussion thread. If you have a problem or quetion or something, before you do, I suggest you to read XDA Rules. Now tighten your belts - we're going to fly at the speed of light! :)

Extra Info:
    Latest screenshots of firmware will be always available HERE.
    Q&A and Troubleshooting post HERE - Must read!.
    Optimized apps & games HERE.
    Latest changelog will be always available HERE.
    Source code is HERE.

Features list:
    For info about kernel, please visit THIS thread.
    • later please..

Installation:
    If you have locked bootoader - ignore first step, you already have latest kernel built-in ROM package. You may probably want to install LB kernel if you don't have CWM6 recovery.
    ROM will wipe your data, be warned.

-> Get FeraKenel v25 and install it.
    -> Boot-up to CWM6 Recovery & just straightly install ROM following AROMA installation wizard.
    -> After installation, boot your phone, pass setup wizard and wait 2 minutes. Reboot again.
    -> On second boot wait not less than 2 minutes again & reboot.
    -> Done. Do a reboot after you configured your phone. Hit 'Thanks' button and rate this thread if you like my work or consider donating me to let me to have a good dinner. :good:

Thanks to all guys, who contributed, helped, tested my work.. And thanks to all dev's, whose work I used in my firmware. You all are wonderful, amazing, smart, super cool, beautiful people! Peace out!

***FeraLab***

WARNING, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

UPDATE,

After discussions with the developer, FeraVolt has decided that the thread in the x10 general forum is the way to go so now please respect the decision.

If you are having problems with things like apps, kernels or anything that has not been developed in the rom then go to the thread in general or the the thread that the app/kernel concerns.

If you have wishes or bugs that can not be resolved then FeraVolt has agreed you can send a personal message, please do not abuse this kindness by spamming FeraVolts inbox.

Thankyou can be left by using the thanks button, if you are feeling generous then reward all the hard work with a donation. If these 2 methods are not good enough then pm FeraVolt.

FeraVolt has requested a clean thread so please now leave the thread for development and major bugs posts only. I am sure the happiness of your developer with this simple request will leave be productive in your favour as it leaves more time for development of this great rom.

The op has been updated and the link for the thread in the general forum is "HERE"

Have Fun guys.:) colossus.

Your post will be ignored/deleted if you ask things, that are already described on web-site, so please be carefull!
    Peace. FeraVolt :)