[MOD] Remove Ongoing Wifi Notification

Search This thread

vlara

Jan 26, 2011
victorlara.net
Heres a guide to remove the annoying ongoing wifi notification, theres been guides on how to do it via changing the database but those cant be used by rom devs in there roms, so I decided to look into it. Disclaimer: I am not responsible if for some reason this mod makes your gs3 explode or bust into flames etc.... lol

The mod has been posted on my github the changes can be seen here on this commit Remove Ongoing Wifi Notification

Incase you dont want to go on github ill paste it here.

1. Decompile SecSettings.apk its located in system/apps/ (I removed the dex then used baksmali to decompile)
  2. Find these 3 lines in com/android/settings/wifi/WifiStatusReceiver.smali
    Code:
    invoke-virtual {v3, p1, v2, v0, v4}, Landroid/app/Notification;->setLatestEventInfo(Landroid/content/Context;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Landroid/app/PendingIntent;)V

sget-object v3, Lcom/android/settings/wifi/WifiStatusReceiver;->mNotification:Landroid/app/Notification;

invoke-virtual {v1, v7, v3}, Landroid/app/NotificationManager;->notify(ILandroid/app/Notification;)V
  3. comment them out by adding a # in front of them like so

Code:
        #invoke-virtual {v3, p1, v2, v0, v4}, Landroid/app/Notification;->setLatestEventInfo(Landroid/content/Context;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Landroid/app/PendingIntent;)V

#sget-object v3, Lcom/android/settings/wifi/WifiStatusReceiver;->mNotification:Landroid/app/Notification;

#invoke-virtual {v1, v7, v3}, Landroid/app/NotificationManager;->notify(ILandroid/app/Notification;)V
  4. Recompile using smali put the new dex into the apk and push the file to your phone, set the permissions and reboot.
  5. Bask in the glory of removing the notification

Special Shoutouts to jdbeitz for helping figure this out and testing the changes=D

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-19-21-46-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-19-21-46-39.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 3,551
Last edited:

NunHugger

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2009
Des Moines, IA
When connected to Wi-Fi, you would get a "Wi-Fi connected" notification in the drop-down. This gets rid of that.
uploadfromtaptalk1342890136657.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342890157052.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342890157052.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,858

kingwp1

Jan 12, 2011
Austin
I installed the modded apk in the OP, but it didn't work. I put the app in the system/app folder and changed permissions to rw-r--r--, then rebooted. No luck. What am I doing wrong? Do i need to do something with the SecSettings.odex file?

vlara

Jan 26, 2011
victorlara.net
I installed the modded apk in the OP, but it didn't work. I put the app in the system/app folder and changed permissions to rw-r--r--, then rebooted. No luck. What am I doing wrong? Do i need to do something with the SecSettings.odex file?

The file is for deodexed roms.

vlara

Jan 26, 2011
victorlara.net
I'll post one up when I get home from work if no one else has posted one by that time

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heres a guide to remove the annoying ongoing wifi notification, theres been guides on how to do it via changing the database but those cant be used by rom devs in there roms, so I decided to look into it. Disclaimer: I am not responsible if for some reason this mod makes your gs3 explode or bust into flames etc.... lol

The mod has been posted on my github the changes can be seen here on this commit Remove Ongoing Wifi Notification

Incase you dont want to go on github ill paste it here.

1. Decompile SecSettings.apk its located in system/apps/ (I removed the dex then used baksmali to decompile)
    2. Find these 3 lines in com/android/settings/wifi/WifiStatusReceiver.smali
      Code:
      invoke-virtual {v3, p1, v2, v0, v4}, Landroid/app/Notification;->setLatestEventInfo(Landroid/content/Context;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Landroid/app/PendingIntent;)V

sget-object v3, Lcom/android/settings/wifi/WifiStatusReceiver;->mNotification:Landroid/app/Notification;

invoke-virtual {v1, v7, v3}, Landroid/app/NotificationManager;->notify(ILandroid/app/Notification;)V
    3. comment them out by adding a # in front of them like so

Code:
          #invoke-virtual {v3, p1, v2, v0, v4}, Landroid/app/Notification;->setLatestEventInfo(Landroid/content/Context;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Landroid/app/PendingIntent;)V

#sget-object v3, Lcom/android/settings/wifi/WifiStatusReceiver;->mNotification:Landroid/app/Notification;

#invoke-virtual {v1, v7, v3}, Landroid/app/NotificationManager;->notify(ILandroid/app/Notification;)V
    4. Recompile using smali put the new dex into the apk and push the file to your phone, set the permissions and reboot.
    5. Bask in the glory of removing the notification

Special Shoutouts to jdbeitz for helping figure this out and testing the changes=D

Delete the odex.

im on my phone. expect terrible typos.
    Any way to have a CWM version of this?

Here's a recovery flashable zip with the mod applied to UCALG1.
    Thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
    Has anyone done this for LH1 yet?

It's removed from Triune.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2