LG G2 With CM11

Search This thread

Harellevy

Jan 17, 2014
for some reason i cant post anything on developing forums untill i got 10 posts so....

when i try to check for updates it says "check your internet connection", yet i am on wifi and everything else is working.
someone knows whats the problem?

Gnarfsan

Aug 10, 2010
for some reason i cant post anything on developing forums untill i got 10 posts so....

when i try to check for updates it says "check your internet connection", yet i am on wifi and everything else is working.
Well, you are supposed to post stuff like this in the Q&A forum, that's why you have to post 10 times. To learn the structure.

You could try to clear data for play services and the play store app and see if that works. If not, I suggest that you try to flash some other gapps package.
Maybe one of these:
http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/themes-apps/gapps-t2012857

Last edited:

Harellevy

Jan 17, 2014
Well, you are supposed to post stuff like this in the Q&A forum, that's why you have to post 10 times. To learn the structure.

You could try to clear data for play services and the play store app and see if that works. If not, I suggest that you try to flash some other gapps package.
Maybe one of these:
http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/themes-apps/gapps-t2012857

Opss...
Well I wasn't taking about apps update. I was talking about cm updates.

kwdan

May 1, 2011
Redford mi

Welcome to the family.. Just go and find 10 other things that you are curious about and reply to those.

vitorugo-8

Apr 17, 2011

same here, have to download the nightly through browser

P

podagee

the cmupdater has not been working since i started with 403. download through pc or browser

Harellevy

Jan 17, 2014
So just download the new nightly and reflash?
Do I need to wipe cache or something?
What if I want to go from nightly to stable or M, then I need to wipe?
Thanks for the help

Gnarfsan

Aug 10, 2010
But then you need to download all the apps all over again no?

No, just flash the update zip. (That's called a dirty flash in case you didn't know)

If you use custom kernels, flashed mods or custom system apps, they might have to be reinstalled. You also need to reinstall Xposed Framework from the app if you use that.

But remember to back up your phone in recovery before you update!

Harellevy

Jan 17, 2014
Okay thanks. 3 last questions (I hope).
I got cm-11-20140410-NIGHTLY
And yesterday released cm-11-20140411-NIGHTLY
Is this an update? Or a completely new nightly? sorry for all the ignorance, I'm totally new to this and android
2. Should I use old M builds or new nightlys? Which one Is more stable
3. If I want to flash M build and I'm currently using nightly, there is a different way or something special I need to do?

Last edited:

marleyinoc

Jan 30, 2011
If you're going from an m build to a nightly, or any other variation (stable to m, etc) then wipe data and cache. Every nightly can be flashed on top of itself. There are more specific things to be said but I'll leave it at that so you don't get yourself bootlooped.

Make sure you make a nandroid before you do anything (I.e. a backup in custom recovery) and it would be a good idea to put that on your pc. Also a good idea to have the files and setup ready to flash your phone back to factory with kdz or tot--that way if you do something boneheaded you won't be in as much of a panic. It definitely wouldn't hurt to have some experience with adb ahead of time--just in case.

If none of that makes sense I'd wait a bit before flashing (though you could go for it and probably make out fine).

VS980 - CM11 nightly

Harellevy

Jan 17, 2014
If you're going from an m build to a nightly, or any other variation (stable to m, etc) then wipe data and cache. Every nightly can be flashed on top of itself. There are more specific things to be said but I'll leave it at that so you don't get yourself bootlooped.

Make sure you make a nandroid before you do anything (I.e. a backup in custom recovery) and it would be a good idea to put that on your pc. Also a good idea to have the files and setup ready to flash your phone back to factory with kdz or tot--that way if you do something boneheaded you won't be in as much of a panic. It definitely wouldn't hurt to have some experience with adb ahead of time--just in case.

If none of that makes sense I'd wait a bit before flashing (though you could go for it and probably make out fine).

VS980 - CM11 nightly

- nandroid BackUP - Check. i learned how importent and how lucky to do a nandroid backup when i flashed yesterday the cm. bricked my phone 2 times, thanks to nandroid backup didnt need to flash stock.
- stock KDZ - Check. including flashing tool and all that.

what do you prefer, nightly or M? the nightly can go rough just like that in the middle of everything?