4g not connecting anymore!

Search This thread

XxsydenxX

Apr 4, 2010
Baltimore
Titles says it all. I live in the baltimore MD area, and where i used to get 3-4 bars of 4g it wont connect to it anymore. I boot it up and it defaults to 3G. Ive tried playing with the mobile data settings and nothing has worked.

Does anyone have any ideas...because i use my phones data connection as home internet right now...

XxsydenxX

Apr 4, 2010
Baltimore
How long has it been happening? It possible the tower is being worked on.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

It just started today. Im on CM10 and i would occasionally lose a 4g connection and would have to swtich the mode from lte/whatever/whatever to the other mode...and then back to reconnect..but thats not working anymore....

Edit: This is killing me because I use it for home internet. Im paranoid simply because this is the first month ive used 4G ever...meaning i never even turned lte mode on in the mobile data settings..i didnt even know it was in my area until the beginning of this month.. Im just wondering if me toggling it on and off to get it to connect through CM10 caused this... Thats why im coming here..to smarter people then myself begging and pleaing for assistance and guidance.

Could it perhaps be that sprint was just testing my area for 4g?? OR how long does tower maintenance usually take.. Or that they cut me off from using 4g after using 30gb so far? I mean i have an unlimited plan so it shouldnt be an issue

Last edited:

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
No they didnt cut you off, they would send a letter before doing that

Second, it usually takes about 2-3 weeks for maintenance to complete on a tower. If you're really concerned, call Sprint and ask if they're in the process of upgrading towers in your area. Who knows, they might even give you some sort of "we're sorry for the inconvenience" credit

Sent from my PG06100

XxsydenxX

Apr 4, 2010
Baltimore

Second, it usually takes about 2-3 weeks for maintenance to complete on a tower. If you're really concerned, call Sprint and ask if they're in the process of upgrading towers in your area. Who knows, they might even give you some sort of "we're sorry for the inconvenience" credit

Sent from my PG06100

Im eyeballing this thread like a hawk for opinions and posts like this. Thanks for your input.

When I first used 4G It was actually by accident on the CM10.1 Nightly. I pressed the Mobile data toggle square in the settings and i saw 4g, I was thrilled that it was in my area. Switched back to stable CM10 and checked if it was up and running. and much to my surprise it wasnt some weird graphical error just showing the 4g icon. It was legit working.

Still isnt working on any rom ive flashed here. Now though since the issue began.

What are the chances in the short time ive used it, that i could have possibly damaged my phones abaility to connect to 4G? Sorry if that question is dumb.

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Very little. I doubt that its a hardware issue, because if it were, you would see other things like core apps FCing, the other radios taking longer to connect, maybe even hot reboots when trying to turn on 4G

Like I said, when you have time call Sprint. Most likely the towers are being worked on and they turned it off meanwhile
You might wanna also wanna get Sensorly (from the Play Store) just to doublecheck for LTE in your area

Sent from my PG06100

Reactions: XxsydenxX

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
When 4G lte came on in my area it was on for a couple of weeks then they shut it down for 4 or 5 days then it came on and it's been on for almost 3 months. Just fyi this might be what's going on.

Transmitted with a portable device using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: XxsydenxX

XxsydenxX

Apr 4, 2010
Baltimore
Wow thanks guys, you have put my mind at ease about all this. I was just so paranoid that I had specifically done something to the radio. So ill make a call to sprint to see whats up.

Thanks given to all !

Reactions: CNexus

IcerJo

May 24, 2010
Houston
I'm experiencing the similar issues, though I flashed over a ASOP Rom that has parts from cm10.1 though the Rom was ported from Verizon, but 4g worked perfectly fine, then when I flashed back to cm10 it stopped working. I'm debating on flashing back to that rom and see if it also does not have access to 4g at this time.

Edit/Update: I flashed back to my stock rom with root then flashed an updated MA6 Rom, updated the PRL, Profile and such, still no 4G. Decided that I'd mess with a few 4g settings, still problems. Then I flashed back to CM10 and my 4G works again.

Last edited:

XxsydenxX

Apr 4, 2010
Baltimore
I'm experiencing the similar issues, though I flashed over a ASOP Rom that has parts from cm10.1 though the Rom was ported from Verizon, but 4g worked perfectly fine, then when I flashed back to cm10 it stopped working. I'm debating on flashing back to that rom and see if it also does not have access to 4g at this time.

Do that and post the results here, i will do the same. Sprint was less then helpful with this situation not giving me heads or tails over the phone.

IcerJo

May 24, 2010
Houston
Do that and post the results here, i will do the same. Sprint was less then helpful with this situation not giving me heads or tails over the phone.
Right before you posted your reply I had updated my post.

Update: I flashed back to my stock rom with root then flashed an updated MA6 Rom, updated the PRL, Profile and such, still no 4G. Decided that I'd mess with a few 4g settings, still problems. Then I flashed back to CM10 and my 4G works again.

I used http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1910947
odex MA6, MA6 firmware and Stock MA6 kernel
and I accessed the LTE Mode Menu from the following
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1815580
I don't think the LTE Mode menu needs to be utlized but I did see some interesting settings in there.

Reactions: p-niiice

XxsydenxX

Apr 4, 2010
Baltimore

Update: I flashed back to my stock rom with root then flashed an updated MA6 Rom, updated the PRL, Profile and such, still no 4G. Decided that I'd mess with a few 4g settings, still problems. Then I flashed back to CM10 and my 4G works again.

I don't think the LTE Mode menu needs to be utlized but I did see some interesting settings in there.

Thats a bit of work, so this could possibly be some janky setting on my phone still huh?

EDIT: I dont have my stock rom backed up. Dont know what happened to it. Could you explain what exactly I need to do to achieve the results you have posted man?

Last edited:

IcerJo

May 24, 2010
Houston
Sorry for the late reply. It could possibly be a setting on your phone. I say make a backup of your rom, flash a stock based rom, kernel & firmware, if it's not ma6 find an update or one based on it. Update the prl and profile. See if you can get 4g working on tw, if not then either restore back to cm10 or try messing with the lte settings, their are some that allow you to enable or disable and such. I also do recall a setting for ehpd 4g or lte 4G. After messing with them try restoring back to cm10. If you take a picture of the lte menu I can look and tell you what settings I clicked.

Edit: Just looked at the link try the lte force cause I know I pushed that button as well as a few others.

Sent from my SPH-L710

Last edited:

XxsydenxX

Apr 4, 2010
Baltimore
Sorry for the late reply. It could possibly be a setting on your phone. I say make a backup of your rom, flash a stock based rom, kernel & firmware, if it's not ma6 find an update or one based on it. Update the prl and profile. See if you can get 4g working on tw, if not then either restore back to cm10 or try messing with the lte settings, their are some that allow you to enable or disable and such. I also do recall a setting for ehpd 4g or lte 4G. After messing with them try restoring back to cm10. If you take a picture of the lte menu I can look and tell you what settings I clicked.

Edit: Just looked at the link try the lte force cause I know I pushed that button as well as a few others.

Sent from my SPH-L710

Could you suggest a good stock based rom perhaps, sorry for the inconvenience. Because like as soon as i got my S3 i rooted and installed cm10. I didnt have stock for more then 5 minutes.

IcerJo

May 24, 2010
Houston
Could you suggest a good stock based rom perhaps, sorry for the inconvenience. Because like as soon as i got my S3 i rooted and installed cm10. I didnt have stock for more then 5 minutes.

I'm looking through the forums and so far the only stock with root only is what I linked above but those are mianly updates. One Possibility if its not a problem I'd sugged Unrooting with odin and flashing a stock rom, reroot then flash the update linked above, then just make a Backup Called Stock with root MA6 or something. I'll keep looking though.

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
Try The Peoples Rom it is stock based TW rom. It is fantastic and everything works.

XxsydenxX

Apr 4, 2010
Baltimore
I'm looking through the forums and so far the only stock with root only is what I linked above but those are mianly updates. One Possibility if its not a problem I'd sugged Unrooting with odin and flashing a stock rom, reroot then flash the update linked above, then just make a Backup Called Stock with root MA6 or something. I'll keep looking though.

Unrooted, stocked it up. 4g didnt work. Re rooted..installed cm10 stable 4g worked. Seems like a consistent fix for this bug. Solved.

p-niiice

Sep 9, 2010
Atlanta

I just had this issue after flashing that Rootbox ROM which was ported from Verizon. I performed the above steps and everything's working fine.

THANKS!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my PG06100
    Very little. I doubt that its a hardware issue, because if it were, you would see other things like core apps FCing, the other radios taking longer to connect, maybe even hot reboots when trying to turn on 4G

Like I said, when you have time call Sprint. Most likely the towers are being worked on and they turned it off meanwhile
    You might wanna also wanna get Sensorly (from the Play Store) just to doublecheck for LTE in your area

Sent from my PG06100
    When 4G lte came on in my area it was on for a couple of weeks then they shut it down for 4 or 5 days then it came on and it's been on for almost 3 months. Just fyi this might be what's going on.

Wow thanks guys, you have put my mind at ease about all this. I was just so paranoid that I had specifically done something to the radio. So ill make a call to sprint to see whats up.

Thanks given to all !