[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies / Releases [EOL]

Search This thread

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
Edit: I found a bug. reboot the phone while connected to PC. after it completely boots and settles down, disconnect it from the PC. the USB mass storage dialog doesn't automatically go away.

And LED is lit up? If so, it's the same bug that causes the LED to stay on. There's something wrong with the USB plugged/unplugged state not being reported properly to the OS.

gogsy1975

Aug 27, 2012
Croatia
Since you already tested copying files over, try to copy over /system/etc/audio_policy.conf and reboot. There's some BT audio device related differences there due my msm7x30 tests. I forgot to revert those together with msm7x30 audio_policy module. It could be as simple as fixing those device names.

Noup, doesn't work... i tryed copy these 2 files like paul said into hw folder and audio_policy.conf into etc folder. no sound on phone. then i tryed delete second file from paul post (the one that didn't been in hw folder) and again no sound on phone. Then i moved from etc. folder audio_policy.conf to hw folder and the same... of course after i did every step, i have reboot phone... ;)

P.S. now am working so i will try later again. Pure ROM's are in recovery and ready for testing... :D ;)

dreamland2000

Jun 5, 2011
I've done a quick search of the thread about Tethering and the last 'entry' is from 29th November. I'm wondering if anyone has any issues with the tethering/hotspot at the moment as last time I tried it turned on but wouldn't allow anything to connect through it?

Thanks

Z_0r10n1S

Nov 1, 2012
I've done a quick search of the thread about Tethering and the last 'entry' is from 29th November. I'm wondering if anyone has any issues with the tethering/hotspot at the moment as last time I tried it turned on but wouldn't allow anything to connect through it?

Thanks

Hotspot for me works very well (with wpa2 too) from the first nighlies, no issue at all from the beginning. Now i'm on 1222 and it's the same.

Reactions: dreamland2000

jonny-boy

Mar 6, 2013
Well, we have different kernel with different wifi driver. That may be the problem.
Could you turn WiFi on?
Could you see the wifi adhoc AP?
Wifi works normal like before, the wifi adhoc ap is still not visible. So for me nothing (visible) changed.
I flashed the zip via twrp recovery.

rjand

Oct 10, 2012
And LED is lit up? If so, it's the same bug that causes the LED to stay on. There's something wrong with the USB plugged/unplugged state not being reported properly to the OS.

If you plug the USB cable back in and then straight back out does the USB state correct itself? I know if the LED light stays on after charging this will turn it off.

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
Nope, the light goes off but the 'usb mass storage' dialog is still on.
Ok, then it might actually be something new. I may have a hunch about another possible cause but it's too early to say anything certain.

If you plug the USB cable back in and then straight back out does the USB state correct itself? I know if the LED light stays on after charging this will turn it off.

Well, it seems to do the trick based on LED behavior but I haven't really tested it much due its unreproducible nature. :(

rjand

Oct 10, 2012
Well, it seems to do the trick based on LED behavior but I haven't really tested it much due its unreproducible nature. :(

True, it's only happened to me twice.

I had previously clean installed the 1212

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Damn lag. I had previously clean installed the 1212 nightly and switched to ART before installing any apps, then dirty flashed the 1218 nightly and the phone's response was great.

When I went to install the 1221 nightly I noticed another user posted about problems with it and ART so I switched to dalvik before installing it and the phone worked great just a little slower. Another user then posted that they were having no problems with the 1221 nightly and ART so I decided to switch back to ART, big mistake, phone very laggy, if you are going to use ART, switch to it early before you install too many apps.

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
the latest PA-GAPPs doesn't work with the 20131223 nightly

I have been installing the Google Stock package GAPPs from here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942 and not had a problem so far, however with the latest nightly I am left with a blank screen where the launcher should be :confused: The status bar is there and I can get to settings etc but the home screen is just black.

If I just install the ROM and not the GAPPs package then the launcher works OK. Just did a full wipe, re-flashed the ROM, checked it boots OK. Rebooted to recovery and flashed the Full Modular Package and I get the same results?

Andy

Last edited:

gogsy1975

Aug 27, 2012
Croatia
@Mustaavalkosta - i tryed all combinations replacing files that u and paul mentioned and the same... no audio over headset in all combination... when i replace file in lib/hw, am loosing sound on the phone... ;)

if BT is important only 2 me, like i see nobody talking about BT problem on this thread, don't bother... last week i've buyed new mobile but i can't resist 2 flash my old dhd with your brilliant work... :D ;)

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
@Mustaavalkosta - i tryed all combinations replacing files that u and paul mentioned and the same... no audio over headset in all combination... when i replace file in lib/hw, am loosing sound on the phone... ;)

if BT is important only 2 me, like i see nobody talking about BT problem on this thread, don't bother... last week i've buyed new mobile but i can't resist 2 flash my old dhd with your brilliant work... :D ;)

BT Audio is hugely important to me and at the moment this is stopping making this my daily driver. I use the phone in the car for phone calls and music (and satnav) and if this isn't working then its a deal-breaker for me. I keep up to date with this thread and when it looks like BT Audio is working then I'll make this my daily driver; until then I'll just keep playing around with CM11 on my spare DHD (eBay...).

Andy

rjand

Oct 10, 2012
I would think there are a few people who still use their Desire HD's as their main phone and require / prefer to use Bluetooth so that they can drive safely, myself included.

I know that when Android 4.2 came out, getting Bluetooth to work was one of the last major hurdles.

If it's working on one of the Android 4.4 ROM's for our phone's, I'm sure it won't be long until it's working on them all.

Mustaavalkosta I know you are a perfectionist, I would expect you won't be happy until this ROM is working at least as well as your CM10.1 ROM.

gogsy1975

Aug 27, 2012
Croatia
BT Audio is hugely important to me and at the moment this is stopping making this my daily driver. I use the phone in the car for phone calls and music (and satnav) and if this isn't working then its a deal-breaker for me. I keep up to date with this thread and when it looks like BT Audio is working then I'll make this my daily driver; until then I'll just keep playing around with CM11 on my spare DHD (eBay...).

Andy

nice... glad 2 hear that... that i'm not the only one on this thread who's talking about this problem... hehe... ;)

pelopidass

Dec 21, 2012
Running on 23th nightly and everything are so smoothly. I am running on Davlik. Great job!

So the only things to make this rom ultra stable (without bugs) is the bluetooth? Has anyone log this bug??

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
No luck with camera. Rolled back the usual suspects but it made no difference. I did some audio changes for tomorrow though. Enabled some build flags that are enabled on official CM gingerbread repo. Seems to compile fine. No idea if it will fix anything. I'll be leaving tomorrow morning to the countryside with the laptop so merry christmas! :)

xdagee

Sep 4, 2012
Accra
xdagee.github.io
Google Pixel 7
No luck with camera. Rolled back the usual suspects but it made no difference. I did some audio changes for tomorrow though. Enabled some build flags that are enabled on official CM gingerbread repo. Seems to compile fine. No idea if it will fix anything. I'll be leaving tomorrow morning to the countryside with the laptop so merry christmas! :)

Merry Christmas ...

gEEk :-: softwares as it should be :-: gEEk

zla.mas

Jan 30, 2011
Sarajevo
Is there option for fliping phone to mute ringtone? I'm using JB+ camera, it's almost same so that is best alternative for me. GPS is great, i got 7/7 in foggy/cloudy day.

Here on Sarajevo, I can't see more that 5-10m at max, how it's foggy

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

DTR204

Jan 26, 2011
Wilmington
Is there option for fliping phone to mute ringtone? I'm using JB+ camera, it's almost same so that is best alternative for me. GPS is great, i got 7/7 in foggy/cloudy day.

Here on Sarajevo, I can't see more that 5-10m at max, how it's foggy

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

there's an option on the xblast module on the xposed framework for this

Sent from my Inspire 4g using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jamesppo

rjand

Oct 10, 2012
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mustaavalkosta, enjoy your break.

If it wasn't for your CM10.1 ROM I would probably have changed my phone about 6 months ago. Now with this CM11 ROM I don't expect to be changing next year either.

Thanks for all your hard work, it's greatly appreciated.

Z_0r10n1S

Nov 1, 2012
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mustaavalkosta, enjoy your break.

If it wasn't for your CM10.1 ROM I would probably have changed my phone about 6 months ago. Now with this CM11 ROM I don't expect to be changing next year either.

Thanks for all your hard work, it's greatly appreciated.

+1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

General:
    These are UNOFFICIAL CM11.0 Kitkat Nightlies / Releases brought to you by Open Desire Project and TeamCodefire as a continuum to CM10 and 10.1 nightlies. Builds are generated automatically on every first Saturday of the month. Process starts around 10:30 PDT. If it fails, then there will be no build until the reason for failure is taken care of which can take time. Last 7 nightlies will be kept on the server. If you want a longer history of them, you are free to archive them yourself.

Thanks and credits:
    • Andromadus
    • CodeAuroraForum
    • CyanogenMod
    • BananaGranola
    • Epic Beard Men
    • eXistZ
    • Flemmard
    • Flinny
    • goo.im
    • Juansheng
    • paulb_nl
    • randomblame
    • synergye
    • TeamCodefire (for build server and hosting, priceless)
    • All the rest that have helped to construct these builds and develop software for ace directly or indirectly in the past.

Githubs:

Changelogs:

Installation instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases
    2. Download gapps from here
    3. Put the files on SD card
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. Do factory reset (ie. format /system, /data, /cache, /sd-ext and /sdcard/.android_secure)
    6. Flash cm-11-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    7. Flash gapps zip
    8. Remember to flash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    9. Reboot and enjoy

Update instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases
    2. Put the file on SD card
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Flash cm-11-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    5. Remember to reflash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    6. No need to flash gapps as CM backuptool script should take care of them (results may vary depending on which gapps package you are using)
    7. Reboot and enjoy

InspireMod

Kernel
    • Source: github
    • Compiler: stock AOSP gcc-4.7
    • Branch: cm-11.0
    • Kernel Version: 3.0.101
    • defconfig: spade_defconfig

Donations:
    • For build server & hosting: codefi.re (use the donation button at the bottom of the page)
    • I don't really need your money right now but if you insist on donating to me I suggest you donate that money to EFF instead here: https://supporters.eff.org/donate

FAQ:
    Q: I tried to flash the ROM and got this:
    Code:
    Installing update...
    set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
    E:Error in /sdcard/..path od ROM.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.
    A: Update your recovery to one that is compatible with new recovery functions. See the list below.

Q: I've used HTC Dev unlock and flashed the rom but it won't boot. What should I do?
    A: You need to extract boot.img from the zip and flash it via fastboot. If you don't have fastboot executable anymore from flashing recovery, install Android SDK platform tools (Linux users should find it from distro's package management) and then reboot to bootloader, open command prompt and navigate to the location you extracted your boot.img and type:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

You need to repeat this everytime you flash new version of this rom to ensure everything will work fluently as long as you have just basic HTC Dev unlock.

Q: Where are my developer and performance options?
    A: http://goo.gl/jpS8r

Q: Feature X doesn't work, let's make 1000 posts about it to annoy everyone.
    A: Please, dont. Use search and then use search again and only then report your problem with necessary logs. [Logcat guide, thanks to MusikMonk for the link]

Q: I hate you for not fixing this issue X!!!
    A: I love you too.

Q: How I can build CM11.0 myself?
    A: Setup a basic Android build environment.
    Code:
    mkdir cm11
    cd cm11/
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-11.0
    mkdir -p .repo/local_manifests
    wget https://github.com/OpenDesireProject/android/raw/cm-11.0/local_manifest.xml -O .repo/local_manifests/cm_ace.xml
    repo sync
    cd vendor/cm/
    ./get-prebuilts
    cd ../../
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch cm_ace-userdebug
    mka bacon
    Once the build finishes you'll find your goods from out/target/product/ace/ directory.

Q: Something about something something something.
    A: Ask the guy/gal next to you.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies / Releases [EOL], ROM for the HTC Desire HD

Contributors
    Mustaavalkosta, paulb_nl
    Source Code: https://github.com/OpenDesireProject

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: M12
    Beta Release Date: 2014-11-15

Created 2014-04-11
    Last Updated 2018-10-05
    Broken:
    http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=3662#bugReporter

Download mirror content:
    • extras (various tools for specific situations)
      • dexopt-data-only-signed.zip (moves system app dalvik cache to data partition, #1)
      • format_devlog-signed.zip (formats /devlog partition, #1)
      • lowram-signed.zip (turns on low ram system property, #1)
      • QuickSearchBox-installer-signed.zip (installs AOSP search app, #1)
    • nightlies (a directory for nightly builds)
    • plus (a directory for plus builds, #1)
    • releases (a directory for release builds)
    Turns out camcorder is working now. I rebuilt qcom-media and video playing and recording works. I spent a lot of time trying to get it to work with ION and trying to add back other PMEM memory but finally I got the right one :p

https://github.com/paulb-nl/htc7x30-3.0/commits/cm-11.0-wip
    https://github.com/paulb-nl/android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy/commit/16ff8a6a2e3559bed6117239e645498a8d0d3692
    Now I'm off to bed. Workday tomorrow and damn it's 1:30 AM already. Please, don't cause thermonuclear wars while I sleep. kthxbye
    Proximity Recalibrator

So, I was hit by sudden inspiration to rework leppie's proximity recalibrator app to be a bit more up to the UI standards these days. While I was at it I refactored most of the code to be more readable, fixed some misc things etc. etc. and of course probably broke something so dead unicorns ahead once again. I will include this tool in the next nightly build as I see it as an extension to device settings so it's kind of natural part of the rom. If you want to hate me for adding 18kb of useless software you don't use, you are free to do so. I love you too.

I removed the old-looking zoom in/out widgets and just limited the seekbars between values 0 and 50. I haven't heard anyone going above 50 so max value 255 is a bit overkill. This way seekbar is actually usable.

Feedback is welcome as always.

Github: https://github.com/Mustaavalkosta/android_packages_apps_ProximityRecalibrator

Also pic because otherwise it didn't happen:
    gQ6y7ys.png