[ROM] [7.1.x] Unofficial CyanogenMod 14.1 Nightly Builds (Z00A/Z008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.x (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 14.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
Unlock Bootloader!
Download the zip(s).
Install Appropriate FW base (STOCK MM 4.21.40.xx base is required) simple FW update package is available at my download link
Install a compatible Recovery
Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
Flash CyanogenMod.
Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. Open Gapps x86 7.1

Broken Features / Known Issues

• VIDEO ENCODER/DECODER ISSUES: This results in green lines on videos/pictures taken using the Intel HW encoder/decoder and other playback issues dependent on video formats. See the list below:
    1. Snapchat: thin greeen line tends to appear on recorded videos for snapchat
    2. Asus Pixelmaster Camera App: Super resolution mode does not work. Turning off "Optimizations" from settings clears up any green line issues.
    3. Some video formats do not play as expected
  • FM Radio is unsupported.
  • audio is a little weird in Real Racing 3.
  • sim 2 cannot be disabled (this is true for all CM builds on non qualcomm hardware)
  • Other than Fugu (Nexus Player TV box) there are no Vendor released M x86/x86_64 builds in existance. You may experience some issues with GAPPS and some known apps not loading or working correctly. Below is a list of KNOWN apps that do not currently run on CM13 based x86 Zenfone 2 builds :
    Polaris Office, Chase Mobile, Showbox...
  • DRM content is currently broken
  • Live Display (color calibration) not working yet
  • Screen recording not working
  • Chromecast screen mirroring not working, native casting works though.
  • factory reset from setting menu has been reported to cause recovery boot loops.
  • Battery life is horrible, numerous display wakelock issues

CM14 (not device specific issues)
No CMTE yet
Status bar icon changing broken
CM file manager has trouble accessing external sdcard
Battery profile is non functional/string errors

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking or ask the same question over and over again.
If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

As the Zenfone2 has multiple models from multiple countries please include the following information in your report:
model #
CPU Speed / RAM Size
device state when errors occur (BT/wifi/nfc on ? On a call ? sitting idle on shelf ? )
method to reproduce if you've found something consistent

Download Links

CyanogenMod for Z00A/ ze551ml: ROM

CyanogenMod for Z008/ ze550ml: ROM

Recovery Links

Z00A
MM BL compatible TWRP: TWRP

Z008

Google apps addon:
Recommend GAPPS for now as the updated x86 gapps.

Flashable Modem updates:

FOR INFO ON MM BOOTLOADER BASED BUILDS SEE THIS POST

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 14.1 Nightly Bulids (Z00A/Z008), ROM for the Asus ZenFone 2

Contributors
jrior001, crpalmer, say99
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_asus_moorefield

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: 4.21.40.xxx stock base

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2016-11-09

Created 2016-11-09
Last Updated 2016-11-22

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
Reserved

Official CM-13.0 -> CM14.1 Upgrade Guide

As seen with my previous unofficial CM-13.0 builds based on the MM Stock roms, An upgrade to the MM Firmware and bootloader is required going forward.
This guide is here to assist.

1) Download ROM and 7.1 GAPPS
2) Download my Firmware Update package for Z00A or Z008 . FASTBOOT AND ADB ARE REQUIRED!
3) Follow the included instructions to update Firmware and flash the new compatible TWRP. If for some reason the new TWRP is not flashed automatically flash it manually via fastboot. "fastboot flash recovery recoverimagename.img
4) Reboot to recovery and flash CM 14 and Gapps, reboot and enjoy. Data Wipe on upgrade is not required

CM 14.1 from Stock MM

1) Unlock Bootloader
2) Flash compatible TWRP
3) Perform desired backups
4) From recovery, factory reset & install ROM & 7.1 GAPPS
5) Enjoy!

CM 14.1 from CM13 Mm based beta builds

1) Reboot to TWRP( should already have good version)
2) Flash CM14.1 and 7.1 GAPPS
3) Reboot and enjoy!!

Last edited:

leoarten

Jul 14, 2010
London
just a question. Do i need to be on MM Bloobs or can I upgrade straight from LP bloobs? Also has the Brazilian sensors bug been fixed on CM14.1?

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
just a question. Do i need to be on MM Bloobs or can I upgrade straight from LP bloobs? Also has the Brazilian sensors bug been fixed on CM14.1?

Has this been resolved in stock? I've heard mixed reports. I've included the updated sensor firmware from the .144 stock update so if it's in there we got it.

See post 2 as I update it, gonna try trying o cover all possible situations in guide there.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using Tapatalk

leoarten

Jul 14, 2010
London
Thanks.. but just to clarify.. I need to update bootloader to MM Blobbs before I install CM14 right? or just flash new TWRP and flash rom as per usual (from LP Bloobs)? Im a bit confused.. Yes I saw theres a MM Bloobs session.. but couldnt find the answer to this.

Awesome work btw

Has this been resolved in stock? I've heard mixed reports. I've included the updated sensor firmware from the .144 stock update so if it's in there we got it.

See post 2 as I update it, gonna try trying o cover all possible situations in guide there.

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
Thanks.. but just to clarify.. I need to update bootloader to MM Blobbs before I install CM14 right? or just flash new TWRP and flash rom as per usual (from LP Bloobs)? Im a bit confused.. Yes I saw theres a MM Bloobs session.. but couldnt find the answer to this.

Awesome work btw
Direct from post #2:

As seen with my previous unofficial CM-13.0 builds based on the MM Stock roms, An upgrade to the MM Firmware and bootloader is required going forward.

2) Download my Firmware Update package for Z00A or Z008 . FASTBOOT AND ADB ARE REQUIRED!
3) Follow the included instructions to update Firmware and flash the new compatible TWRP. If for some reason the new TWRP is not flashed automatically flash it manually via fastboot. "fastboot flash recovery recoverimagename.img
4) Reboot to recovery and flash CM 14 and Gapps, reboot and enjoy. Data Wipe on upgrade is not required

leoarten

Jul 14, 2010
London
Thank you very much.. :)

Direct from post #2:

leoarten

Jul 14, 2010
London
I'm sorry to be a pain in the ars*. But you've mentioned you're basing on .144 stock update right? Having said that the link you posted with the zip to update bootloader Ive found files mentioning 4_21_40_134.bin (.134) wouldnt this be the reason sensors arent still working for brazilians devices? I had a look at Asus website and this is fix has been implemented on .144 update. So is this update on script and files updating bootloader or are they on the ROM itself..

Now I know the rules on XDA and I wouldnt dare to ask for ETA, however if this is the case, I would ask very politely if you could update the scripts files to .144 whenever's convenient for you and whenever you have time. That would be much appreciate. I will be coming back to this post and will be waiting anxiously for this.. Take you time and Thank you again.

Reactions: Technical

fish_pudding

May 8, 2016
Bukit Mertajam
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.x (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 14.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
Unlock Bootloader!
Download the zip(s).
Install Appropriate FW base (STOCK MM 4.21.40.xx base is required) simple FW update package is available at my download link
Flash CyanogenMod.

VIDEO ENCODER/DECODER ISSUES: This results in green lines on videos/pictures taken using the Intel HW encoder/decoder and other playback issues dependent on video formats. See the list below:
Snapchat: thin greeen line tends to appear on recorded videos for snapchat
Asus Pixelmaster Camera App: Super resolution mode does not work. Turning off "Optimizations" from settings clears up any green line issues.
Some video formats do not play as expected

FM Radio is unsupported.
audio is a little weird in Real Racing 3.
sim 2 cannot be disabled (this is true for all CM builds on non qualcomm hardware)
Other than Fugu (Nexus Player TV box) there are no Vendor released M x86/x86_64 builds in existance. You may experience some issues with GAPPS and some known apps not loading or working correctly. Below is a list of KNOWN apps that do not currently run on CM13 based x86 Zenfone 2 builds :
Ingress, Polaris Office, Chase Mobile, Showbox...
DRM content is currently broken

Other Issues?

You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking or ask the same question over and over again.
If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.

As the Zenfone2 has multiple models from multiple countries please include the following information in your report:
model #
CPU Speed / RAM Size
device state when errors occur (BT/wifi/nfc on ? On a call ? sitting idle on shelf ? )

Download Links

CyanogenMod for Z00A/ ze551ml:ROM

CyanogenMod for Z008/ ze550ml:ROM

Recovery Links

Z00A

Z008

Google apps addon:

Flashable Modem updates:

Contributors
Source Code:https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_asus_moorefield

Version Information

Created 2016-11-09
Last Updated 2016-11-09
haha thx so much bt wechat isnt working too haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Instructions

Unlock Bootloader!
    Download the zip(s).
    Flash CyanogenMod.

• VIDEO ENCODER/DECODER ISSUES: This results in green lines on videos/pictures taken using the Intel HW encoder/decoder and other playback issues dependent on video formats. See the list below:
      1. Snapchat: thin greeen line tends to appear on recorded videos for snapchat
      2. Asus Pixelmaster Camera App: Super resolution mode does not work. Turning off "Optimizations" from settings clears up any green line issues.
      3. Some video formats do not play as expected
    • FM Radio is unsupported.
    • audio is a little weird in Real Racing 3.
    • sim 2 cannot be disabled (this is true for all CM builds on non qualcomm hardware)
    • Other than Fugu (Nexus Player TV box) there are no Vendor released M x86/x86_64 builds in existance. You may experience some issues with GAPPS and some known apps not loading or working correctly. Below is a list of KNOWN apps that do not currently run on CM13 based x86 Zenfone 2 builds :
      Polaris Office, Chase Mobile, Showbox...
    • DRM content is currently broken
    • Live Display (color calibration) not working yet
    • Screen recording not working
    • Chromecast screen mirroring not working, native casting works though.
    • factory reset from setting menu has been reported to cause recovery boot loops.
    • Battery life is horrible, numerous display wakelock issues

CM14 (not device specific issues)
    No CMTE yet
    Status bar icon changing broken
    CM file manager has trouble accessing external sdcard
    Battery profile is non functional/string errors

Other Issues?

model #
    CPU Speed / RAM Size

Download Links

CyanogenMod for Z00A/ ze551ml: ROM

CyanogenMod for Z008/ ze550ml: ROM

Recovery Links

Z00A

Z008

Google apps addon:

Flashable Modem updates:

Contributors
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_asus_moorefield

Version Information

Created 2016-11-09
    Last Updated 2016-11-22
    Been a while. As you've all seen CM is effectively dead, and LineageOS is the future. I have a zf2 back in hand now and am tweaking things while Lineage team gets all the backend things in order. When the "rebranding" is complete I'll get builds out.

Sent from my N5206 using Tapatalk
    Reserved

CM 14.1 from Stock MM

1) Unlock Bootloader
    2) Flash compatible TWRP
    3) Perform desired backups
    4) From recovery, factory reset & install ROM & 7.1 GAPPS
    5) Enjoy!

CM 14.1 from CM13 Mm based beta builds

1) Reboot to TWRP( should already have good version)
    2) Flash CM14.1 and 7.1 GAPPS
    3) Reboot and enjoy!!
    I uploaded an Initial LineageOS build this morning, nothign exciting except a few weeks worth of bug fixes (most notably our live display feature seems to be workign again). The "Rebrand" is incomplete still so theres nothing exciting to see here.

I will create a new thread when the full rebranding is complete.
    Brief development update.

I can confirm the Bluetooth/speakerphone issue with audio during screen off. Seems to only be an issue if there is a BT device connected.

I have the .184 Z00A update incorporated locally and will be testing that build today.

I have also found a kernel wake lock issue that is causing some less then ideal battery life. I haven't been able to track that down yet.

Also I want to thank the few folks here that have been coaching along the users struggling through the update process. I definitely don't have the time & patience to help everyone.