Search This thread

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
India
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

What is PAX?
Our release of Android 10, titled CR-8.0, is codenamed PAX after the latin word for peace and Pax, the roman godess for peace.
PAX provides you with the features you need while keeping the focus on delivering an elegant, smooth, and well polished experience. PAX delivers a set of unique features, like a systemwide font engine that also allows for applying fonts on user apps while supporting user fonts through custom APKs generated on fonts.carbonrom.org. We are confident you'll love it, and there's many more things to discover ;)

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! As always, make sure to do backups.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has addressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Download
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
Meet us on Telegram
Homepage
GitHub
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
[10] CarbonROM | cr-8.0 [MAKO], ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
nitin.chobhe
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM/

ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information

Created 2017-01-07
Last Updated 2020-11-26

Last edited:

avinashjirapure

Dec 19, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
@nitin.chobhe

Thanks for the brand NEW Carbon ROM..Working great [emoji106]

I can understand, this is very initial official build.. so you all carbon Developers are still adding features.
Hopefully battery percentage is added soon.. [emoji4]
Screenshot_20170108-114935.png

& once again many many congratulations for amazing work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

NMF26V

Hopefully battery percentage is added soon.. [emoji4]
& once again many many congratulations for amazing work.

... And that departments properly settings that are available.

n.e.
- Too short delay screenshot. The Screenshot.png contains a menu power.
- No custom work schedule Night Light (i.e. running but does not include the setting time)
- Name ROM is not recognized while taking backup in TWRP, TWRP so allocates only the current date.
- Carbon ROM without a black interface is not real carbon.

Very, very early version.

Let's wait with the assessment of ROM. After several subsequent editions see if the developers bring change and in what direction.

Moo!

Last edited:

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
India
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
... And that departments properly settings that are available.

n.e.
- Too short delay screenshot. The Screenshot.png contains a menu power.
- No custom work schedule Night Light (i.e. running but does not include the setting time)
- Name ROM is not recognized while taking backup in TWRP, TWRP so allocates only the current date.
- Carbon ROM without a black interface is not real carbon.

Very, very early version.

Let's wait with the assessment of ROM. After several subsequent editions see if the developers bring change and in what direction.

Moo!
Thanks for the inputs. Some information from my side

- didn't have problems when I took screenshots posted in post 2
- night light custom schedule works (using it since first build)

Nitin

Reactions: Has_anDroid
- didn't have problems when I took screenshots posted in post 2
- night light custom schedule works (using it since first build)

Is yellowish color of the night off at you outside the hours of the night?

My time is 18:00. After turning colors night color change to yellowish, but then the colors should change from 22:00.

My 1.3 MB video

-------------------

Screenshot does not work well through the power key.

My 1.2 MB video.

Last edited:

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
India
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Is yellowish color of the night off at you outside the hours of the night?

My time is 18:00. After turning colors night color change to yellowish, but then the colors should change from 22:00.

My 1.3 MB video.

-------------------

Screenshot does not work well through the power key.

My 1.2 MB video.

You didn't understand the feature of night light. When you select the custom schedule, then you should not enable it manually. Enabling it manually overrides the custom schedule. So set a custom schedule and then check if it works or not (and it works :silly:)

About screenshot, it works on my end. Are you using any custom kernel/ changing the CPU freqs?

Nitin

Reactions: agm2112 and ze7zez
You didn't understand the feature of night light. When you select the custom schedule, then you should not enable it manually. Enabling it manually overrides the custom schedule. So set a custom schedule and then check if it works or not (and it works :silly:)

About screenshot, it works on my end. Are you using any custom kernel/ changing the CPU freqs?

Nitin

Yes, now I understand how works this switch status Night Light on/off, on-screen Night Light. :silly:

I use ROM in its pure form after a clean install. Without adds.

The correct screenshot is performed only once after the first execution.
Next screenshot perform the imposed view of power menu.

After rebooting the system, I can again perform the correct screenshot, but also only once.
Next screenshot perform the imposed view of power menu.

It is not important function. Making a screenshot by tile would work reliably.
ROM works very well.

Last edited:
Reactions: nitin.chobhe

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
India
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

What is PAX?
    Our release of Android 10, titled CR-8.0, is codenamed PAX after the latin word for peace and Pax, the roman godess for peace.
    PAX provides you with the features you need while keeping the focus on delivering an elegant, smooth, and well polished experience. PAX delivers a set of unique features, like a systemwide font engine that also allows for applying fonts on user apps while supporting user fonts through custom APKs generated on fonts.carbonrom.org. We are confident you'll love it, and there's many more things to discover ;)

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! As always, make sure to do backups.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has addressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Download
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    Meet us on Telegram
    Homepage
    GitHub
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [10] CarbonROM | cr-8.0 [MAKO], ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
    nitin.chobhe
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM/

ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information

Created 2017-01-07
    Last Updated 2020-11-26
    Let's resurrect our mako... Here is the first Pie carbon build :)

Download link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397899907

I've tested all basic things and everything works. I've tested without gapps and root as this is my backup phone. I need you guys to test and find out what gapps/ root works.

Thanks to @voron00 and @Ziyan for their work on mako :good:

Nitin
    Flashing instructions
    IMPORTANT NOTE: Since Android 10, system partition size needs to be increased - use this or this thread to do that!

Steps:
    1. Reboot to recovery
    2. Flash ROM and gapps (preferably opengapps pico)
    3. Reboot to system
    4. Enjoy!

Nitin
    So finally, the official build is out....

Get it from here: https://get.carbonrom.org/device-mako.html

Changelog: https://carbonrom.org/carbonrom/changelog/

Note that the build size is 385 MBs and that is because of perf vendor and not using brotli compression. However I was able to install ROM and gapps in one go.

If you get error related to system partition size, then please increase the partition size (Refer XDA threads for how to do that)

Nitin
    Here is the new build: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397919845

This is "user" build as per Carbon ROM policy and should work normally.

Nitin