Help in upgrading XDA IIi

Search This thread

BryantI

Oct 1, 2005
Slough
Hi, I am have trouble with the phone locking all the time I have been told that I need to update the ROM as mine is:

ROM version 1.10.00 WWE
ROM date 12/24/04
Raidio version 1.00.00
Protocol version 1337.39
ExtROM version 1.10.124

I laso have a 1G SD card inn the slot. I run TomTom 3 but it will lock and I am unable to run the points of intrest as this lock its dead. I hear that there is a ROM and Raidio update which fixes alot of the problems can someone tell me how to do this and were to down load from.

Thanks.

Danny-B-

May 6, 2005
Scotland
you run it from your PC when the XDA is in the cradle , it WILL remove all settings and programs you currently have on the device so make sure you backup what you want to keep.

It hard resets your phone, and upgrades to the newest version ROM.

it might error the first time ... simply run the program again and it will work.

Danny-B-

May 6, 2005
Scotland
It is packed in an rar archive.
You need a program called Winrar to open the archive, which you can download free here http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm <--- download the top one "WinRAR 3.50"

Once downloaded install it. Once installed right click the ROM archive you downloaded here and select "Extract to Modified_XDA_IIi_Upgrade_v1.11.162_Radio_1.3"

then you should see a new folder appear with the upgrade program and files inside.

BryantI

Oct 1, 2005
Slough
I have now used the phone complete with TomTom 3 all working and no crashs in 4 days it makes the XDAIIi a real usable tool for me. Thanks to you all and keep up the great work. O2 should have contacted there customers to upgrade for them. I now have 2 more to do for my guys at work as they are very unhappy with me for getting them the units hence the reasion I had to fix the issues.

homermike

Mar 14, 2008
Im new here, pls help me, my XDA IIi wont work anymore, someone suggested that ROM upgrade would help... the prob is my XDAIIi is always restarting.. maybe software is bad.. and since the link u given in the past POST wont function anymore, can someone help me get the ROM file so that i can update my XDAIIi? pls...pls..pls.. thank u more power..my email is.. homermike@yahoo.com