[Q] MOD Question? Will this work for our phone?

Search This thread

CondemnedSoul

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
It shouldn't hurt anything to try it. Just do a backup in recovery first then flash. If you have any problems you can easily go back that way. Only way to know for sure if it'll help with battery life is to try it. There should be no ill effects with doing so. Worst case scenario would be a bootloop in which case you have your backup. Next worse case... It does nothing for you.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium

Reactions: kubes069

kubes069

Sep 4, 2011
New Jersey
Ok Cool. I wasn't sure what negative things could happen if I flashed it. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm going to flash it tomorrow and see how it goes.

CondemnedSoul

Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Just fyi, I went a head and set it up on mine with no issues. Can't say anything for battery life yet, too early to tell.

Reactions: kubes069

kubes069

Sep 4, 2011
New Jersey
I just flashed it on MIUI no problems, but I don't think it is compatible with this rom.

I ran "grep busybox /init.rc" in terminal and it is giving me permission denied.

I am assuming MIUI is not support "init.d".

Do you know if your cm 7.2 is supported by this?

CondemnedSoul

Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I just flashed it on MIUI no problems, but I don't think it is compatible with this rom.

I ran "grep busybox /init.rc" in terminal and it is giving me permission denied.

I am assuming MIUI is not support "init.d".

Do you know if your cm 7.2 is supported by this?

Type su before the command. I believe miui has init.d support though. I've never run it myself though. But I think it does.

kubes069

Sep 4, 2011
New Jersey
Yes, I got the pop up and i granted it access. I was still getting permission denied in some lines when i typed in the codes in the terminal.

prototype7

Apr 16, 2012
New Hampshire
Yes, I got the pop up and i granted it access. I was still getting permission denied in some lines when i typed in the codes in the terminal.

Probably means your ROM doesn't support init.d, the OP in the thread you linked said to use dsixda's kitchen, try finding that with google.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It shouldn't hurt anything to try it. Just do a backup in recovery first then flash. If you have any problems you can easily go back that way. Only way to know for sure if it'll help with battery life is to try it. There should be no ill effects with doing so. Worst case scenario would be a bootloop in which case you have your backup. Next worse case... It does nothing for you.

Just fyi, I went a head and set it up on mine with no issues. Can't say anything for battery life yet, too early to tell.