Bring us back from legacy!!

Search This thread

Motolav7

Dec 26, 2011
Is there any use to geting a newer version because the version im running works like a charm its a stable release. When MIUI ICS gets updated i will use that unless its still bug filled then off back to Meanrom.

BTW What is so great about leedroid tweaks I hate it.

Sent from my 3VO using EL XDA

NineInchNails

R.I.P. - We'll see you around, bud...
Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
Infectedrom.com that's all ill say... Or can say.. I dunno but that's as far as ill tell ya.

Leedroid I have no idea as I've never been curious to try it. Doesn't sound all that great imo.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Ebaum1

Dec 10, 2011
Columbus, Oh
Gonna try to post mine at 1.6

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Attachments

• SC20120402-185219.jpg
    SC20120402-185219.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Reactions: NineInchNails

Ebaum1

Dec 10, 2011
Columbus, Oh
Htc evo 4g lte...

Anyone seen it on the sprint website? pre-sale 5/7...it is sprints version of the One x. Looks pretty spiffy except for the aluminum bezel and kickstand...

desertfox154

Mar 30, 2012
I've had my hero since March, 2010 and being completely frustrated and getting sick of my stock heroc was the best thing ever. I decided, "Screw it, I don't care if I brick the thing, but 2.1 is not staying on this phone", so I'm incredibly happy I found xda a couple of months ago, because I'm running 2.3.4 and it's brought new life to my phone. It's crazy how much more stable this release is than the official 2.1 that was released to Sprint users, and a complete disgrace to the people who's job it was to support this phone before they decided it wasn't worth it.

Keep up the great work everybody, and looking forward to maybe an ics with working camera/mms at some point? Because the ROMs I've played with are pretty nice so far.

M-man10

Jul 18, 2010
Cleveland
I'm not exactly a new member, but I never posted when I joined for some reason so I guess I'll post here. I agree, the Hero is not garbage just yet. I still use it and it's great. Sprint still sells pre-owned Heroes in the store. Continue developing! I can't wait to try out ICS roms.

deja_geek

Apr 6, 2012
Floored

So, I was venturing though the forums and came across this neck of the woods. Now, I don't own a Hero CDMA but my son uses an old one he got from his mom as gaming machine (toddler games). I have to say though, I am floored there is still active development going on for this phone. It truly amazes me what you guys can do with older hardware, I mean CM 7.1 is nothing to thumb your noes at! So I just wanted to say kudos, and any plans to bring cm7.2 to this little device?

norm12

Aug 17, 2010
I have my old heroc in a drawer. Anyone think there's still enough interest for me to list it for sale in the marketplace?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Hippie459MN

I still have my Hero and for now going to keep it. I have been using it for a GPS speedo, mp3 player, etc... for out in the boat. It hasnt been activated for about 9 months now but I am thinking of activating it for my primary (and only) phone for my side business. My Hero has been a great phone and I cant see myself getting rid of it just yet. I am also thinking of trying out a few different roms on it.

The Hero was my first android phone over 3 years ago and its been great and still is. I havent forgot about the Hero community what so ever. I still check in here all the time. :D

Reactions: NineInchNails

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm on a mission. We aren't dead or a legacy device just yet. I feel we've been put here too early to make room for other phones threads. We still have updates to our roms. That's not low activity. Sure we aren't high traffic here but there's still plenty of users.

Anything you wanna chat about? Questions? This is after all the general thread.

Sent from my HTX Zero Hero Sense 3.5
    Hey if I post enough times they will let me post in the development section. So I end up killing two birds with one stone.;)

Have to say I'm glad that there is a place like xda for people to share their ideas and work. Otherwise I would probably have upgraded my little hero by now. Still actually enjoy the little phone. When I get tired of it I switch roms and boom got a new phone.

Where I live all we have is 3g so don't really figure it pays to upgrade til sprint figures out what they are doing with their 4g.

Man I remember when this forum was hoppin. I knew nothing of android. Just lurking and reading whatever I could understand. Now.. I develop for it :D And all thanks to XDA. Almost everything I learned, I learned here. It takes a lot of time reading and searching and understanding.

New users. Feel free to post here if you can't post in the development threads. Just please refrain from "stupid" questions that can easily be answered with a search. Please read the forum rules. I beg of you. They are there for a good reason. Us senior members remember what it was like being new here but it gets old answering the same questions over and over. I will be glad to help or discuss anything here. And please use the Thanks button. I'm a complete whore over it. I'll admit it. But I do return a lot of them too.

Shameless plug time :)

Try out Team Hydra's Zero Hero Sense 3.5!! It's what Sprint should have left us with!!
    Hmmmmmmmmm

Do I see a new Rom posted by Team Hydra??? Why YES I DO!

Might not ever bring us back from Legacy but we aren't a low activity device
    I'M OUT FOR BLOOD NOW!!! Lol ;) damn how'd this even start Ebaum I blame you sir

I have been blamed for much worse, I will wear this on my sleeve like a badge of honor!
    I would try reflashing the .35 kernel. Maybe that could help. Never seen that issue before.