[APP] z4root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RyanZA

Jan 21, 2006
JHB
Okay so I clearly can't get anybody with an Evo/Desire to test this. So I have uploaded it to the market anyway! V1.3.0 is now live on the market, and includes the temporary root option which will hopefully work on the Evo/Desire, and does work on the Moment/Intercept. *mutters something about firing his QA team* :D

mahalocat

Oct 2, 2010
Honolulu
Okay so I clearly can't get anybody with an Evo/Desire to test this. So I have uploaded it to the market anyway! V1.3.0 is now live on the market, and includes the temporary root option which will hopefully work on the Evo/Desire, and does work on the Moment/Intercept. *mutters something about firing his QA team* :D

NICE - Cna't Wait to Root My Wifes Intercept!

BIG MAHALO Ryan!!!!!!!!!

superdog404

Account currently disabled
Sep 2, 2010
Captivate

Hi RyanZA - I have a Samsung Captivate which is completely stock. I rebooted the phone then used your 1.30 and did a temp root. It did it very fast and works great. I did a Titanium backup etc. so I know it worked.
A question for you, I did a backup of everything. I am pretty sure that when I reboot that Titanium won't work and that the backups will remain intact. Is that true? Second if I freeze some apps while I am rooted and then unroot (reboot) what will happen to the frozen apps? I wouldn't want to put those apps into never never land. If we ever get 2.2 I'd like to do it from the stock phone.

Thank You for a great job RyanZA
superdog404

RaptorMD

May 2, 2010
I look forward to using z4root on my D2G, once I get the directions on how to manually unroot, so hopefully today or tomorrow.

zombrex

Oct 17, 2010
RyanZA
Thanks for this great app. Everything works smooth so far. No probs rooting and Lag fix smooth as butter.
today is an update for Z4 root. Can i update without problems? Or do i have to do something before like unroot ?

ghidda

Feb 1, 2009
this is the news screenshot v.1.3.0
in the case you want change old screenshot in the 1°page :D

z4rootv130.png

good work

brianleston

Nov 23, 2010
I waited patiently and now finally have the Z4root working for the Spica in Temporary root mode. It un roots and clears superuser and re roots all ok now.

If I Permanent root it, will problems crop up that I dont find now?

Now I have it rooted, what should I expect to do with the phone?

jehan1

Jul 16, 2010
Hi,

I've tried z4root and it runs great with titanium backup, however, I cannot seem to get su in adb shell.

pnsdhrn

Nov 19, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Dear RyanZA,
Sorry if I am troubling you.But I sincerely want your help. I have a Motorola Milestone 2.1 Update 1 of Italian make.1 want to upgrade to 2.2 Froyo.This I want to do without any cumbersome rooting process.I came to know your z4root can do this.I don't know what rooting is and what are its advantages.Will you enlighten me about it and give me step by step instructions to root and install Froyo 2.2 or Gingerbread?Also what other applications are to be installed along with Froyo for its efficient functioning?Please don't disappoint me or feel anything against for these bland questions as I am not a techy in these matters.Waiting for your help.......
with regards,
pnsdhrn@gmail.com

severoprisan

Sep 17, 2008
If it doesn't work, reboot

Downloaded from Market, enabled USB debugging, run z4root->Stays forever in Running exploit ....""

Reboot phone (hold power until reboots), run again-> Root in 20 seconds.

Samsung Galaxy S i9000, Froyo 2.2 JPA official Kies update.

DamianGto

Sep 17, 2010
Downloaded from Market, enabled USB debugging, run z4root->Stays forever in Running exploit ....""

Reboot phone (hold power until reboots), run again-> Root in 20 seconds.

Samsung Galaxy S i9000, Froyo 2.2 JPA official Kies update.

This seems to happen when there is other program running in the background.
I advising all to clean the memory before apply this.

Sent from GT-I9000 jpo. My own kernel for z4mod and with 342MB Ram

Ersill

Nov 3, 2006
Perfect on ZT-180

Did anyone succeed on ZT-180 tablet (android 2.1)?
I've tried with .20 and now I'll try again with the latest.:(

EDIT: It works wonderfully! :)

Last edited:

msucoleman

Mar 20, 2008
So if you use this, root your phone and 2.3 comes out, do you simply unroot first or do you just go ahead and take the OTA update?

xguntherc

Mar 25, 2010
Viva Las Vegas!
I just got the Archos 101. This will give me temp root right? So I can at least use Titanium to flash all my apps and save all my data from my phone and transfer it all over? Then reboot and be back to normal. Nothing happens or changes right? I just wont be rooted anymore after a reboot

Right?

junior19871

Nov 24, 2010
Los Angeles
nexus one ota update frg83d

i got the FRG83D OTA update yesterday for my nexus one, and now today i noticed i didn't have root anymore! so now its stuck on "all to external" mode for the "app2 sd" app... i tried to root again with z4 root and all it did was force close. So i tried to update it because there was an update for it today, and it wouldn't. I decided to uninstall and then try to reinstall z4 but now i cant install it at all! it wont allow me to install to the default location which is external or sd. i tried downloading z4 through the xda website on my phone but it told me phone does not support those files. I've downloaded .apk files before so I'm thinking its the update? So I went ahead an downloaded it on my pc and I thought id transfer it to my sd card and install it that way. It didn't allow me to do it, so now I'm stuck and cant install apps from the market or update them. What should i do?

I tried to explain as much as possible so if this is happening to someone else maybe we can all get helped at the same time. This is my first time rooting my phone also, Ive only had Z4 root for like a week. Any info would be nice... just plz let me know if my nexus will be ok! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Froyo is a bit of a pain to root! Well, this fixes that.

Credits

z4ziggy
    Sebastian Krahmer's rageagainstthecage

What this does

It is an app you install from the market or by side loading, that has a single button that will root your device.

How safe is this?

Should be 100% safe - nothing on disk is changed besides the root binaries, so if something goes wrong, simply rebooting the device should fix up any and all issues. Let me know if you find any bugs!

[size=+1]The new temporary root option works on 99% of available Android devices - no list yet of which specific devices are incompatible with the temporary root option - I am still trying to find out.[/size]

Here is the list so far of known compatible and incompatible devices for the permanent root option. I haven't actually tested these myself - I only have a Galaxy S device - but this list has been created by reports from users.

Compatible with [size=+2]PERMANENT[/size] root option

Samsung Galaxy S (All variants)
    Backflip
    Sony X10
    Xperia Mini
    Droid 2
    Galaxy Tab
    Galaxy I5700
    Galaxy 3 I5800
    Droid X
    Samsung Acclaim
    Cricket Huawei Ascend
    Motorola Cliq
    Huawei 8120
    Hero
    G1
    Optimus T
    Droid 1
    Garmin Asus A50
    Motorola Defy
    LG Ally
    Motorola Flipside
    Motorola Milestone 2
    Dell streak
    X10 Mini Pro
    Smartq v7 android 2.1

Incompatible with [size=+2]PERMANENT[/size] root option

Desire (requires nand unlock)
    Desire HD (requires nand unlock)
    Magic (unknown)
    Evo (requires nand unlock)
    G2 (requires nand unlock)
    Archos 70 (unknown)
    myTouch 3G (unknown)
    Wildfire
    Droid Incredible

z4rootscreenshot.png

Changelog

V1.0.0 : Initial Release
    V1.1.0 : Will now open the application settings page if USB debugging is not enabled.
    V1.2.0 : Unroot support, fix for devices with small max file size such as I5700, binaries in xbin rather than bin
    V1.2.1 : Back to /system/bin for support for some devices. Fix for QVGA devices.
    V1.2.2 : Adverts added (can be permanently disabled with menu option). Hopeful fix for devices such as Moment (Did not work).
    V1.3.0 : Force unroot option, temporary root option.

Market

This application is available directly from the market. Search for 'z4root'

Donations

If this app helps you out, you can donate here:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted
    if it works i expect it will be blocked with the next android update as usual
    will test on my girlfriends i5800 as soon as it´s back from service, its there for pin request issue...
    Thanks !!!
    This is great news !!!