ROM Manager

Search This thread

KEB64

Jan 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
ROM Manager has an option to "Backup Current ROM" and "Manage and Restore Backups". Can all that be used on stock (odexed), rooted ROM?

The End.

kindacrazyazn

Oct 18, 2010
Bay Area, CA
I noticed this feature as well. I personally never tried but i am not sure how it would work. It might create a file in the the clockwork mod folder. But i doubt it works. You could always try it out. the worst it could do it bootloop your phone and you can just fxz? haha.

KEB64

Jan 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I don't have a method yet for flashing a fxz file. I'm on linux. Ive never been forced to learn how to do it. You try. ;-)

The End.

kindacrazyazn

Oct 18, 2010
Bay Area, CA
Haha. That is a great challenge. My phone is charging right now. We need to find another "victim" to do it. I don't think ROM toolbox is very reliable though. Or at least not as reliable as CWM

kojitabe

Feb 15, 2011
I use this app to backup and restore apps.
Don't know for sure to backup and restore rom.
Need someone who has warranty to try this though LOL :D

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

41rw4lk

As far as backing up and restoring a stock rom, I fairly certain that it will. However, it depends on a CWM mod recovery and at the moment all we have is a frankinmod recovery and Rom Manager doesn't even acknowledge it.
So, if we had CWM in better shape, or a way for Rom Manager to see it, then everything else would fall into place.

On a random note, Rom Manager will boot into recovery with our frankinmod, but that's about it.

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
ROM Manager makes things a whole lot easier for flashing ROMs and backing up/restoring. It's developed by koushikdutta, the same person that develops CWM, so everything should be seamlessly integrated. But as 41rw4lk stated, ROM Manager only partially detects our modified, bootstrapped recovery (it can boot into it but no automation). However, you can get it to work on the A2 :). Apply the A2 bootstrap, then flash the Bionic recovery from ROM Manager, then re-apply the A2 bootstrap.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

I was referring to ROM Toolbox but i personally never trusted ROM Toolbox or ROM manager. But that is just me personally.

Using ROM Toolbox for flashing/restoring/backing up/etc only works if you have the premium ROM Manager. It uses methods from the premium ROM Manager to do just what ROM Manager does. So ROM Toolbox works although there isn't really a reason to use it.

rob219

Jul 11, 2010
here and there
Google Pixel 7a
I did away with the bootstrapper and use the cwm on every boot method, which is built into the Sonya rom now I believe. Can I flash the Bionic recovery still without messing everything up?

yes it will work finr as i have done so. Also, the options in rom manager that alow you to backup or restore a rom do work as i have used both mutiple times with out a problem. I just flashed the new lithium rom today right after i backed up my atrix sonya rom using the backup option.

Reactions: 41rw4lk

KEB64

Jan 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
@cogeary
Is there a method to remove the Bionic Recovery? When the Atrix 2 Recovery becomes available would we install that over the Bionic?

The End.

41rw4lk

yes it will work finr as i have done so. Also, the options in rom manager that alow you to backup or restore a rom do work as i have used both mutiple times with out a problem. I just flashed the new lithium rom today right after i backed up my atrix sonya rom using the backup option.

I just flashed the Bionic recovery and it works perfectly with Rom Manager. One click backup. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: rob219

rob219

Jul 11, 2010
here and there
Google Pixel 7a
@cogeary
Is there a method to remove the Bionic Recovery? When the Atrix 2 Recovery becomes available would we install that over the Bionic?

The End.

im not sure about removing it from out phone, but i do know if we ever get an officail or unofficial recovery made just for the atrix 2 you would just either flash it using rom manager (if its in the list of devices) or flash the zip in recovery and reboot into your rom or reboot recovery to check it out.

41rw4lk

Technically, the recoveries we're flashing now aren't replacing the system recovery, they're just put in the system and loaded like any other script. If you try to get to recovery manually with buttons, you hit the default system recovery. If we ever get an unlocked bootloader and an official CWM then we're golden and can overwrite the system recovery. So uninstalling everything else should be a matter of deleting scripts, or just not build them into roms anymore since we won't need to.

It's late, so if I'm talking out my ass I apologize. :D I will say, I appreciate all the work and help from everyone here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did away with the bootstrapper and use the cwm on every boot method, which is built into the Sonya rom now I believe. Can I flash the Bionic recovery still without messing everything up?

I just flashed the Bionic recovery and it works perfectly with Rom Manager. One click backup. Thanks for the tip.