[ROM GUIDE] How to install Android on the HP TouchPad "The Easy Way"

Search This thread

RolandDeschain79

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
www.youtube.com
HP TouchPad CM10

Hi guys, I try to custom Dim Screen levels but it seems to stay everytime à 25.
Does anyone have the same issue ? Is there a way to fix it ?

Regards

Try using a free app called Root Dim. It will allow you to set custom brightness levels lower than Android normally allows for.

Watch the video about it Here:

Play Store Link:

Hi Roland!

I saw a link to your YouTubeChannel in first post so I would like to say first of all a big THX for all your clear and easy videos you have uploaded for our TouchPadCommunity. With your videos including all the descriptions and the downloadlinks it is much more comfortable for a foreigner to find the way into this helpful forum. :good:

In the video for installing Flash Player you gave an advice in the comments:

Maybe this would be the right time because adobe released Flash Player 11.1. for android 4.0 in version: 11.1.115.48 and for android 2 / 3 in v11.1.111.44. ;)

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I'm am very happy to hear my videos are helpful and easy to understand:good:

Thanks for the heads up on the Flash Players I have updated my download links. I will update the video sometime soon.

Flash for Android video:

I am not using a WiFi toggle, but do shut WiFi off when not using it... but don't get down that low. The lowest I get is about 19 mA, so no idea what the problem is.

I don't have anything installed out of the norm... other than Facebook and Amazon App Store. They seem to be the only 2 that run from time to time. Have the bare minimum syncing... just Google Contacts and Chrome.

I did the "dumpsys power" in Android Terminal and have 0 listed for the last two lines, which I understand as indicating if I have wakelocks.

What about location services? Do I uncheck the GPS and WiFi options in location?

There is much discussion on this topic now. Jcsullins says that the A6 firmware might be to blame here, its rather flaky.

Checkout this thread about fixing this issue here:

Jcsullins quote and info here:

Reactions: kiranpatel05

Nomad1600

Jul 18, 2012
Re: [ROM] [03/04] How to install jcsullins CM10 Unofficial Preview Builds Edited 3/1

Hi guys, I try to custom Dim Screen levels but it seems to stay everytime à 25.
Does anyone have the same issue ? Is there a way to fix it ?

Regards

Are you using the free app called RootDim?

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda app-developers app

Jaw3000

Oct 29, 2006
Ever since updating to the latest build, I've been having calendar problems. I had no problems prior to the update. Upon startup, Calendar crashes ("Unfortunately, calendar has stopped"). No Google calendars show as available in the app under my Google Account. Google Sync also says it's having problems, and Calendar is no longer an option for syncing. I've tried clearing Calendar data, reinstalling GApps, removing and re-adding my Google account, wiping caches, and fixing permissions, but none of it helps. Any idea how to fix this short of wiping and reinstalling? Thanks for any assistance!

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
Ever since updating to the latest build, I've been having calendar problems. I had no problems prior to the update. Upon startup, Calendar crashes ("Unfortunately, calendar has stopped"). No Google calendars show as available in the app under my Google Account. Google Sync also says it's having problems, and Calendar is no longer an option for syncing. I've tried clearing Calendar data, reinstalling GApps, removing and re-adding my Google account, wiping caches, and fixing permissions, but none of it helps. Any idea how to fix this short of wiping and reinstalling? Thanks for any assistance!

Try Settings->Manage Apps. Find calendar storage and clear data. This works sometimes, but I don't know if it's permanent, although others have said it is.

Jaw3000

Oct 29, 2006
Try Settings->Manage Apps. Find calendar storage and clear data. This works sometimes, but I don't know if it's permanent, although others have said it is.

Thanks for the response! There isn't a calendar storage entry to erase. I see contacts storage, settings storage, etc, but no calendar storage. Any other ideas?

mpgrimm2

Nov 5, 2011
Greenville, SC
Re: [ROM] [03/04] How to install jcsullins CM10 Unofficial Preview Builds Edited 3/1

Thanks for the response! There isn't a calendar storage entry to erase. I see contacts storage, settings storage, etc, but no calendar storage. Any other ideas?
Assuming u installed previously with. AcmeInstaller3 (to get 400mb system partition size)...This will wipe all your setup (clean install).
Reformat /system, /data & /cache with jc's Cwm6 then reflash Cm10 & correct Gapps. Reboot. Re-setup your accounts & apps. check it again.

Sent from my "Up all night, Sleep all day" EVO3D!

Reactions: RolandDeschain79

deathsycthehe11

Jun 20, 2011
note: your link with all the 4 files in one zip does not contain the current build. The left side links to the older build while the rightside links to the newer build. I got bad luck and clicked the right side.

I flashed it without looking. Guess I have to update it now.

Last edited:

mpgrimm2

Nov 5, 2011
Greenville, SC

note: your link with all the 4 files in one zip does not contain the current build. The left side links to the older build while the rightside links to the newer build. I got bad luck and clicked the right side.

Took me a few minutes to figure out what he was talking about, but he's right RolandDeschain.
The left side of the ( ) in the Cm10 link is for the 12/16/12 version and the right side is for the 03/04/13 version. I will delete the 'l' from url so its more apparent
Code:
[b]A][ur ="http://d-h.st/er3"]CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean (CM10-[/ur ][/b][ur ="http://d-h.st/6n5"][b]20130403[/b][b])cminstall package Download:[/b][/ur ]

Sent from my "Up all night, sleep all day" HP CM9 Touchpad

Last edited:
Reactions: RolandDeschain79

RolandDeschain79

Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Oops, Thanks

Took me a few minutes to figure out what he was talking about, but he's right RolandDeschain.
The left side of the ( ) in the Cm10 link is for the 12/16/12 version and the right side is for the 03/04/13 version. I will delete the 'l' from url so its more apparent
Code:
[b]A][ur ="http://d-h.st/er3"]CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean (CM10-[/ur ][/b][ur ="http://d-h.st/6n5"][b]20130403[/b][b])cminstall package Download:[/b][/ur ]

Sent from my "Up all night, sleep all day" HP CM9 Touchpad

Oops.. sorry about that, how embarrassing:silly: I will fix the link up right away.

That was a tricky one..took me a minute to spot too, thank you for pointing it out guys:)

Last edited:
Reactions: mpgrimm2

RolandDeschain79

Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
www.youtube.com
CM10.1 on the HP TouchPad

Hello HP TouchPad users, Great News! SGA has recently posted a build of CM 10.1 for the HP TouchPad with working sound and SDcard. Its almost fully functional minus the Bluetooth. This build lacks some H/W video acceleration but XDA member webdroidmt reports that the latest Adreno drivers fix this problem and it will likely be included into the next build. I am also seeing reasonable battery drain during sleep, as low as -5ma but with the usual spiking. This is a testing build so lets get testing! Please thank and leave SGA some feedback in his thread below.

Big thanks to SGA, jcsullins and drmarble, who all contributed to making this build. Its officially, unofficial, CM10.1 is working on the HP TouchPad!

CM10.1 Video:

[ROM][04/02] CM10.1 Test Builds with Sound on the HP TouchPad, Android 4.2.2 Thread:

XDA Source Thread:

CM10.1 Rom Download:

Gapps:

Step by step guide for enabling the HD Video decoding:
Android 4.2 for the HP TouchPad (with HD video decoding) Liliputing Article By Brad Linder

Last edited:

nickster1

Dec 8, 2011
Minneapolis
Google Pixel 7

This is also important to hear: This just happened to webdroidmikemt earlier today.

@SGA,

Sorry to report that I am now going back to my CM10 nandroid. Actually, I'm happy that I can still do that. The test build was working great, I was able to get everything working well even with a dirty flash over my current CM10.

Everything I reported earlier was working properly, albeit a bit laggy at times, I suspect because with my dirty flash I had the full complement of apps. In addition to what I posted working in my earlier post, HBO GO also was working and I was able to get the mic working in Google Now without disabling Hotword Detection.

Anyway...the joy ended about an hour ago. I let it sit for a while and when I went to turn it on, I was greeted with the big battery icon/outlet plug. I couldn't get it to turn on with all the various button combos, so I let it sit on the AC charger for a while but it still didn't come back. Btw, when I put it down the battery was at 97%. I have since recovered from this, thanks to my Samsung Galaxy Player AC charger coming to the rescue.

Just wanted to make you aware that this is a possibility, so I would guess caution is advised. But then again, isn't it always with test roms?. 

Thanks again,
Mike T

S

-SGA-

Yes, there is a warning that the build I posted earlier mostly sleeps very nicely @ -4mA and sometimes forgets what it is doing and doesn't sleep at all @ -600mA. Which is why it is testing build for the curious at the moment :D

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium

RolandDeschain79

Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
www.youtube.com
CM10.1 on the HP TouchPad is Great!

Yes, there is a warning that the build I posted earlier mostly sleeps very nicely @ -4mA and sometimes forgets what it is doing and doesn't sleep at all @ -600mA. Which is why it is testing build for the curious at the moment :D

I've been curiously poking and prodding this fine Rom with all manner of test. So far I find its working well:fingers-crossed:

I'm aware of the risk and have taken note of webdroidmts feedback but I am happy to cautiously test out this great CM10.1 Rom.

Thanks so much for working on this Rom, i'm thrilled to see so much development happening on our HP Touchpads. :good:

I've started a thread to compile information about the CM10.1 Rom. Information gets lost very quickly in the threads and I give people a stern warning. I've found battery drain during sleep to be pretty good so far. I have attached a screenshot of the last few hours sleep history.

CM10.1 Test Rom for the HP TouchPad, Android 4.2.2

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-05-01-48-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-05-01-48-10.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:
S

-SGA-

Thanks to the work of dorregaray there is now working cam. Anyone want an update?

Last edited:

RolandDeschain79

Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
www.youtube.com
CM10.1 with Sound and working Camera on the HP TouchPad WOW

Thanks to the work of dorregaray there is now working cam. Anyone want an update?

Please!

Still working on setting up a build environment.. ubuntu is not playing nice with my RAID1 setup. learning though.

YES:D Do I ever want to test that new Build, Yes Sir, Please Sir, Thank you kind Sir:good:

I just finished making a video about the last one too but I can't wait to do it again!

Thank you guys so much for your hard work, Dorregaray is like a wizard with that camera. I sort of predicted it in my video too:laugh:

Video:
http://youtu.be/kKmmsoL38Y0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello and welcome to the full "Easy Way" guide for installing Android on the HP TouchPad. Rootzwiki Version of this thread here (Noobs can post here):

Additional resources:
    [ROM GUIDE] How to Install Android 8.1.x/7.1.2 builds on the HP TouchPad
    [ROM GUIDE]How to install Android 5.x.x/4.4.x with Jcsullins TPtoolbox Super Easy Way
    [ROM GUIDE]How to install Android 4.4.2 Data Media builds on the HP TouchPad (Non-TPtoolbox method works for 4G HP TP builds)
    [ROM GUIDE]How to Update/Install Android 5.x.x/4.4.x Builds on the HP TouchPad(How to update your Roms)

General Unofficial Release Notes:
    Working:
    -Sound and Mic
    -Camera
    -H/W Video
    -WiFi and Bluetooth
    -Most builds have a Low to medium battery drain during sleep -4mA to -10mA or -4mA to -30mA(See below)

Known Issues:
    -Flashing CM9/CM10 Over CM10.1/Android4.2/4.3 through CWM or TWRP, can cause a boot loop.(use a Backup)
    If your HP TouchPad is stuck in a boot loop or not responding Don't Panic! Try the following:
    -Hold down the Power and Home buttons together for 30sec to force the TouchPad to Reboot.
    -Hold down the Power button and click the Home key 14 times.
    -Doing an install with ACMEInstaller can sometimes result in a boot loop.
    -To fix the boot loop, Use a backup or flash the Rom and Gapps package through CWM or TWRP.

The usual HP TouchPad battery drain issues:
    -If your battery is heavily drained, then you may need to leave it charging for a full day.
    -When the battery is fully drained it can take the TP a longtime to reach even the lowest battery level.
    -The USB cable that comes with the HP TP is often defective and breaks easily. Try using another USB cable if possible.
    -The USB cable does not transfer enough power to effectively charge the tablet. You must use the wall plug when charging the HP TouchPad.
    -To be safe don't let your TouchPad run out of Batteries ever!!
    -You can add an automatic shutdown Rule
    -AutomateIt, Play Store Link- What to do: New Rule/Trigger Battery level(Below 20%)/Action/Shutdown//save. Or
    -Llama, Play Store Link- Location Profiles:Event tab choose + (at the bottom of the screen) Addcondition (battery Level Below 20%) Actions (turn off phone)
    -Flashing the A6 Firmware could drastically improve your battery life, Click here to watch the How to Video

How to install Android The Easy Way Guide Video

How to Uninstall Android The Easy Way Guide Video
    Note(Important)This will completely remove all Android Partitions and Recoveries and get your TP back to default with WebOS.

How to make a Nandroid backup video:
    Note(Important) I highly recommend you make a Nandroid backup after installing and setting up Android on your HP TouchPad.
    This perfectly preserves your current configuration and can easily be restored through CWM or TWRP Recovery.

How to install Android on the HP Touchpad "The Easy Way"

Hello and welcome to the full "Easy Way" guide for installing Android on the HP TouchPad.

1) Start by downloading and Installing both Java and the Novacom Software onto your PC or Mac Computer. These files are required before doing the next step.

Note(Important) If you have previously installed an older version of Android its recommended to do a full Uninstall before Reinstalling with the instructions here. If you wish to upgrade your version of Android please read this thread here:

Note(Important)You may need to disable your Antivirus/Firewall software before installing Java and the Novacom software. If you unable to install Android from the dos prompt in step 4, then you will need to redo this step.

a]Download Java

Download and run the Universal Novacom Installer 1.4.1 here:
    Note: You will need to have Java installed to run the Universal installer, click here:
    Note: You may need to reboot after installing this software.

Or

Download, extract and install the appropriate version of Novacom for your OS here:
    Note: Under Linux the Novacom driver is installed at /opt/Palm run it from this location.

2)The Novacom software you installed will create a new folder called Palm, Inc. You will need to place the ACMEInstaller5/5E/5M and ACMEUninstaller2 files into this Palm, Inc folder. By default this folder will be located on your PC @ C:/Program Files/ Palm, Inc. Mac OS X users will find this folder @ /opt/nova/bin. Download the files and copy and paste them right into either of these directories.

a] ACMEInstaller5 (Install CM7, CM9, CM10, or Flash .zips located in the cminstall folder)

b] ACMEInstaller5E (Install Evervolv AOSP Android, or Flash .zips located in the cminstall folder)

c] ACMEInstaller5M (Install CM10.1,CM10.2, or Flash .zips located in the cminstall folder)

d] ACMEUninstaller2 (uninstalls Android and removes recovery, All versions)

Click the picture to see the default location:

View attachment 2492218

3) Choose One of the following versions of Android. Download your chosen package and extract it to your PC. The extracted cminstall folder will contain 4.zipped files. Next attach your HP TouchPad to your PC with the USB cable and place it into USB Drive Mode(WebOS) or MTP mode(Android). Open the extracted folder and transfer the cminstall folder(Contains 4 .zips) into the Internal Storage of your HP TouchPad; the location the opens when the USB is attached to the PC/Mac. Make sure that the folder is named "cminstall" and contains 4.zip files. Once complete disconnect your TouchPad from the USB cable.

Android Installation Package Downloads:

a]Evervolv AOSP Android 4.3.1 JB (20140129) cminstall package Download:
    Notes: Low battery drain(-4mA to -10mA) h/w video, Audio & Mic, Camera, Automated Updater, Bluetooth
    Note: Windows users may need to do the following in order to attach the Touchpad with the USB cable.

1. Go into the Device manager. You will see "MTP USB Device" under portable devices.

2. Right Click it and select update driver software

3. Select Browse my computer for driver software.

4. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

5. Select USB Mass Storage Device then click next.
    And/Or
    6.Turn on USB mass Storage from the USB connection notification on the Android device

b]CM10.2 Android 4.3.1 JB (20131209)cminstall package Download:
    Notes:Low battery drain(-4mA to -10mA) h/w video, Audio & Mic, Camera, No Bluetooth.

c]CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 JB (20131210)cminstall package Download: (Roland Recommended)
    Notes:Low battery drain(-4mA to -10mA) h/w video, Audio & Mic, Camera, Bluetooth.

d]CM10 Android 4.1.2 10 JB (20131019)cminstall package Download:
    Notes:Low battery drain(-4mA to -10mA) h/w video, Audio & Mic, Camera, Bluetooth.

e]CM9 Android 4.0.2 ICS (20130929)cminstall package Download:
    Notes:Low battery drain(-4mA to -10mA) h/w video, Audio & Mic, Best Flash Support, Camera, Bluetooth, Last Official CM9 release(Netflix works).

f]CM7 Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread (CM7Alpha3.5)cminstall package Download:
    Notes:Medium battery drain(-30mA to -60mA) h/w video, Audio & Mic, Flash Support, Camera, Bluetooth, Original CM7 Alpha Release.

Note: Each package contains all 4.zips files needed to install Android!
    (Thanks to Mpgrimm2 for Dev hosting the files)

How to Install Android

4)Installation:
    -Once the cminstall files are on The HP TouchPad, it’s time to reboot into WebOS Recovery mode.
    -If you are currently running WebOS you must disconnect the USB cable from the PC.
    -On your PC look for the USB icon in the bottom right corner, click it and eject the HP TouchPad.

-In WebOS Reboot the device by going into Settings/Device Info/ and select “Reset options” choose restart.
    or
    -In Android Reboot the device by holding down the power button and select Reboot/OK.

-As soon as the screen goes dark hold down the volume up button until you enter WebOS Recovery mode. Note* the large USB symbol that should be on the screen.
    If you miss it just reboot again and hold down Volume up button right away. Now connect your USB cable to the PC.

Open a Command Prompt or Terminal

On your PC
    Open a command prompt by going to the start button and typing CMD into the search window (enter)
    Or
    -Open a command prompt by Opening the Palm, Inc folder, Hold [Shift] & [Right Click] then select open Command window here
    View attachment 2492218

On your Mac:
    Mac OS X users will need to start a Terminal window. This can be found in the /Applications/Utilities folder.

Using the Command Prompt or Terminal
    -Next either type or copy and paste the following into the command prompt (without the part in brackets). You can either enter the individual commands or just copy and paste the full (Typed all at once) line into the command prompt.
    Note(Optional): You can run batch files to automatically input the following commands for you easily everytime download here:

On Your PC
    cd\ (enter)

cd program files (enter)

cd palm, inc (enter)

or (Typed all at once)

cd c:\Program Files\Palm, Inc (enter)

On your Mac
    cd / (enter)

cd opt (enter)

cd nova (enter)

cd bin (enter)

or (Typed all at once)

cd /opt/nova/bin (enter)

(Only type One of the Following lines below.)

On your PC
    novacom.exe boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller5 (Install CM7, CM9, CM10, or Flash .zips located in the cminstall folder)

novacom.exe boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller5M (Install CM10.1, CM10.2, or Flash .zips located in the cminstall folder)

novacom.exe boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller5E (Install Evervolv Android, or Flash .zips located in the cminstall folder)

novacom.exe boot mem:// < ACMEUninstaller2 (uninstalls Android and removes recovery, All versions)

On your Mac
    ./novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller5 (Install CM7, CM9 or CM10, or Flash .zips located in the cminstall folder)

./novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller5M (Install CM10.1, CM10.2, or Flash .zips located in the cminstall folder)

./novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller5E (Install Evervolv Android, or Flash .zips located in the cminstall folder)

./novacom boot mem:// < ACMEUninstaller2 (uninstalls Android and removes recovery, All versions)

Note: Mac OS X users will enter the commands without the ".exe" extension.

-You will see the lines of text scrolling on the HP TouchPad while CyanogenMod is installing. Now disconnect the USB cable from the HP TouchPad.
    Once this is complete you will be greeted with the Moboot menu and CyanogenMod will boot for the first time. You will be taken through a series of menus to setup the device.
    Congratulations you have now installed Android onto your HP TouchPad, Have Fun.

Note(Important) If you're unable to install Android and get a message like "failed to connect to server" you may have encountered a problem when installing either Java or Novacom. Try to uninstall and reinstall both of those programs. You may need to disable your Antivirus or firewall software, this could be blocking the connection to your PC. If its still not working try another computer or laptop, this fixes the problem 99% of the time.

CyanogenMod package contents explained:
    -You will need 4 files to install CyanogenMod. The first two files can vary depending on the version you choose to install. CyanogenMod 9 is used here for Example:

1)update-cm-9-20130929-NIGHTLY-tenderloin.zip (Installs your Android Operating System)
    2)update-gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip (Installs your Gapps Package, Play Store & Applications)
    3)moboot_038-tenderloin.zip(Installs your Boot Menu options)
    4)update-CWM6_tenderloin-20121215.zip (Installs ClockWorkMod6 recovery)

Notes, Fixes and Tweaks:
    Note:The following are Solutions for the most Frequently asked questions and problems.

1)If the WiFi turns off in Sleep/suspend mode then uncheck wifi optimization.
    Note:Turning off "WiFi optimization" might help to improve WiFi functionality.
    -Settings/WiFi/3 Dots/Advanced/WiFi optimization (uncheck)
    -In Shumash's Schizoid build you can find it @ RomControl/General

2)If the HP TouchPad isn't charging do the following. If MTP is already checked,then uncheck and recheck the option.
    -To Enable MTP mode, Go to settings/storage, look for the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the screen, tap computer connection, make sure there is a check next to MTP.
    -This will enable the TouchPad to transfer files and charge using the USB cable.

3)If your Touchpad skips moboot and boots right into Android, then do the following:
    -Hold the home key while booting to force moboot to display the Menu.
    -To fix this problem use a Rooted File explorer, like X-plore, to delete the moboot.next file located @ Root/Boot/
    -This problem is often caused by using the CyBoot app in WebOS.

4)Turning off "network location services" might help to improve overall battery drain and longevity.
    -Settings/location access/ access to my location set to off
    -You may wish to monitor your battery drain history during sleep.
    -Install the the free app Battery Monitor Widget:
    -To setup the Battery Calibration correctly for the HP TouchPad,
    -go to BMW settings/calibration/Battery capacity/ and set it to either 6300 (F29C) or 5800 (S29C) and tap OK
    -Note* See the Battery p/n # on the original packaging.
    Or
    You can also use Cool-Tools to monitor your battery drain in real time.
    -Watch the instructional video Here.

5)You can enable additional reboot options like recovery by enabling Developer options.
    -Go to Settings/About Tablet/ Tap on "Build number" 7 times.
    -A new menu will appear in the Settings/About Tablet/Developer options/ tab on the left.
    -Check "Advanced reboot" to get the Recovery/Boot loader options.

6) When installing Roms and .zips with the ACMEInstaller3, you may need to add "update-" to the beginning of the file names or they won't flash correctly. Like so "update-cm-10.1-20130808-EXPERIMENTAL-tenderloin-BLUETOOTH_TEST.zip"

7)If Moboot is displaying multiple Rom or recovery names that you are not currently using, then do the following.
    -With a rooted File explorer go to root/boot/ and delete the unwanted uImage.( X) file to remove the entry from Moboot.
    -Here you can also change the default boot option by editing the moboot.default as text.
    -Also you can change the default recovery option by editing android.default.recovery

8)If you are unable to find the Play Store after you install Android, then you will need to reflash your gapps package. Click Here for the how to video!

9)If you are unable to find the camera app install this Nexus 7 Camera Launcher:
    -This will also make the camera preview full screen.

10)Use this free app "4.2 Multiple User Enabler Root" to enable multi-user functionality.
    -You can also use the terminal emulator to enable it too, see VFF instructions here.

Optional Patches, Tweaks, and Customization's (Not included):

(Optional)Add flash Support for Android:
    [Video]How to Install the Adobe Flash Player on Any Android Device 2.3-4.4
    Note: Official flash support for Android was removed after CM9(Android 4.0.2).
    You can add support back by installing the Flash apk file and using a supported Web Browser.
    To use Nexfix properly it's recommend to use CM9.

(Optional) Updated CWM(6.0.2.8) and TWRP(2.6.3.0) Recovery flashable .zips:
    iMarck90 has packaged the latest CWM6 and TWRP recoverys into flashable zips. Download the latest version of CWM and TWRP then flash it through your current recovery to install them:

Recovery Download:
    TWRP 2.6.3.0
    ClockworkMOD 6.0.2.8

(Optional) Additional ACMEInstaller versions by iMarck90:
    iMarck90 has modified the ACMEInstaller to work with TWRP and Milaqs CM builds. Checkout his thread below for full details and instructions.
    Note: Milaqs CM10.2 builds requires additional partition changes and the installation of the Data media CWM. Full install information is covered in my How to update/upgrade Android thread here:

ACMEInstaller4 [Testing] and other things..

(Optional) Roland's Custom HP TouchPad Boot Animations:
    [Boot Animation] Roland's HP TouchPad Custom Boot Videos (XDA Thread)
    A variety of fun Boot Animations to enhance your TouchPad experience here:

(Optional) HP TouchPad CM9/CM10 WebOS-like Card Switcher Mod Watch theVideo Here!youtu.be/06jdESXEzYs

[MOD] WebCM10 - WebOS-like app switcher [3/10/13] [PA/CM10/CM9/AOKP]

Download: WebCM9 WebCM10 and flash it through CWM6 or TWRP recovery.

(Optional)[Video]How to Customize your Android Device. Launchers, Themes, Widgets & Live Wallpapers. Have fun

(Optional)Camera Launcher for Nexus 7(makes the Camera preview full screen):

(Optional)[Video]How to install flash on Android: Note* Use the Dolphin, Firefox or the Puffin Browsers [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

(Optional) Automated Installers/Uninstallers/Toolkits [Threads]:
    -There are now three great threads about automated installers that can make your Android experience almost effortless.
    Touchpad Toolkit - Android automated installer
    [Easy Installer] [v 1.0.3] [Lazy/Noob Android Installer]
    All the TouchPad PC files in a few simple clicks!

Gapps Downloads & Extras:

Main Gapps page @ Goo.im

Extras:
    Mpgrimm2 Dev-Host backup files
    Mpgrimm2 Dev-Host backup files*mirror
    Flashable.zip file to change the partition size to 512MB
    CWM6 tenderloin-20121215:
    Nexus 7 Camera Launcher:
    moboot_038-tenderloin.zip
    WebOS Doctor 3.0.5
    tpdebrick-v004.zip
    moboot_0.3.5.zip
    ACMEInstaller3

News and Updates

[ROM GUIDE]How to install Android 4.4.2 Data Media builds on the HP TouchPad

[ROM GUIDE]How to install Android 4.4.2 Data Media builds on the HP TouchPad

Jcsullins CM10.1 Kernel 3.0 Bluetooth Test build

Notes: Low battery drain (-5mA to -10mA), h/w video, Audio, Bluetooth, No Camera.

Download cm-10.1-20140125-EXPERIMENTAL-3KERN_TEST-tenderloin.zip

iMarck90's Post about the new Build:

Android 4.2 Gapps:
    Android 4.2 20130812 CM10.1 Gapps:

Android 4.2 20130812 CM10.1 Lite Gapps

[ROM] [CM10/CM10.1] [Experimental Preview by Jcsullins] [01/05/14]
    -Read the discussion about this great new rom here.

10/19/2013 Builds based on Jcsullins CM10 that include the Master key exploit fixes: By iMark90

The Problem: A Master key security exploit issue was discovered in CM9/CM10 that was later fixed in all Android 4.2+ builds. However this still effects many HP TouchPad CM10 builds. You can test for these exploits by installing and running the Bluebox security test App here.

The solution: RootzWiki member iMarck90 has included the Master key fixes into two new builds of Jcsullins CM10. These builds by iMarck90 are entirely based on the fantastic work of Jcsullins, Dorregaray, and Dr Marbel, et al. Install these new CM10 builds by dirty flashing them over your current build of CM9/CM10.

Note:In addition to these fixes iMarck90 has included all the current upstream changes like, Jcsullins newer WiFi drivers V4.5 and Bluetooth fixes.

1)CM10 Rom Download:
    cm-10-20131019-UNOFFICIAL-tenderloin
    Note: This is the latest CM10 build includes the Gyroscope patch.

2)Gaps Download:
    CM10 Gapps 20121011

3)(Optional)HP TouchPad CM10 WebOS-like Card Switcher Mod, Watch theVideo here.

WebCM10 for CM10
    reserved

Troubleshooting:

Notes, Fixes and Tweaks:
    Note:The following are Solutions for the most Frequently asked questions and problems.

1)If the WiFi turns off in Sleep/suspend mode then uncheck wifi optimization.
    Note:Turning off "WiFi optimization" might help to improve WiFi functionality.
    -Settings/WiFi/3 Dots/Advanced/WiFi optimization (uncheck)
    -In Shumash's Schizoid build you can find it @ RomControl/General

2)If the HP TouchPad isn't charging do the following. If MTP is already checked,then uncheck and recheck the option.
    -To Enable MTP mode, Go to settings/storage, look for the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the screen, tap computer connection, make sure there is a check next to MTP.
    -This will enable the TouchPad to transfer files and charge using the USB cable.

3)If your Touchpad skips moboot and boots right into Android, then do the following:
    -Hold the home key while booting to force moboot to display the Menu.
    -To fix this problem use a Rooted File explorer, like X-plore, to delete the moboot.next file located @ Root/Boot/
    -This problem is often caused by using the CyBoot app in WebOS.

4)Turning off "network location services" might help to improve overall battery drain and longevity.
    -Settings/location access/ access to my location set to off
    -You may wish to monitor your battery drain history during sleep.
    -Install the the free app Battery Monitor Widget:
    -go to BMW settings/calibration/Battery capacity/ and set it to either 6300 (F29C) or 5800 (S29C) and tap OK
    Or

5)You can enable additional reboot options like recovery by enabling Developer options.
    -Go to Settings/About Tablet/ Tap on "Build number" 7 times.
    -A new menu will appear in the Settings/About Tablet/Developer options/ tab on the left.
    -Check "Advanced reboot" to get the Recovery/Boot loader options.

6) When installing Roms and .zips with the ACMEInstaller3, you may need to add "update-" to the beginning of the file names or they won't flash correctly. Like so "update-cm-10.1-20130808-EXPERIMENTAL-tenderloin-BLUETOOTH_TEST.zip"

7)If Moboot is displaying multiple Rom or recovery names that you are not currently using, then do the following.
    -With a rooted File explorer go to root/boot/ and delete the unwanted uImage.( X) file to remove the entry from Moboot.
    -Here you can also change the default boot option by editing the moboot.default as text.
    -Also you can change the default recovery option by editing android.default.recovery

8)If you are unable to find the Play Store after you install Android, then you will need to reflash your gapps package. Click Here for the how to video!

9)If you are unable to find the camera app install this Nexus 7 Camera Launcher:
    -This will also make the camera preview full screen.

10)Use this free app "4.2 Multiple User Enabler Root" to enable multi-user functionality.
    -You can also use the terminal emulator to enable it too, see VFF instructions here.

Bricking, Boot Loops, Help & Fixes(Important):

If your HP TouchPad is stuck in a boot loop or not responding Don't Panic! Try the following:
    -Hold down the Power and Home buttons together for 30sec to force the TouchPad to Reboot.
    -Hold down the Power button and click the Home key 14 times.
    -If you're stuck in a boot loop restore a back or do a fresh install, Click here for a how to Video:
    -Dirty flashing older builds (CM9/CM10) over newer builds (CM10.1/CM10.2) will result in Boot loops.
    -If this happens use your backup or do a fresh install, Click here for a how to Video:
    -Doing an install with ACMEInstaller can sometimes result in a boot loop. Use a backup or flash the Rom and Gapps package through CWM or TWRP.

If your TouchPad seems bricked and won't turn on:
    -If your battery has been fully drained, then you may need to leave it charging for a full day.
    -When the battery is fully drained it can take the TouchPad a longtime to reach even the lowest battery level.
    -The USB cable does not transfer enough power to effectively charge the tablet. You must use the wall plug when charging the HP TouchPad.
    -After charging the HP TouchPad for a full day try holding down, home + power + volume down for 30+ seconds.
    -If the tablet does not turn on after the previous steps it may be bricked and you will need to run the TPDebrick procedure found in the thread below:
    Developer Jcsullins has posted a thread "TPDebrick v0.4" dedicated to helping people with bricked HP TouchPads(Important):
    Note* All debricking questions should be posted here!

If you ran the WebOS doctor but it got stuck at 8-12% follow the instructions in the threads below:
    The Official Fix your TouchPad ( 8-12% stopped, No SD, Opps reformat, $&^#!@&# crap) thread.

Touchpad Backup with QPST -- need this for unbricking:

-Warning: Certain TouchPads can become "Bricked" if you let the battery drain to zero.
    -Installing one of these free apps could solve the problem and save you time.
    -AutomateIt, Play Store Link- What to do: New Rule/Trigger Battery level(Below 20%)/Action/Shutdown//save.
    Or
    -Llama, PLay Store Link- Location Profiles:Event tab choose + (at the bottom of the screen) Add condition (battery Level Below 20%) Actions (turn off phone)

Fixes for SDCARD issues for all versions of CyanogenMod
    -Download a flashable.zip to increase the size of your internal storage.

How to Change the DPI settings for CM10:
    -If your home screen looks a little off then you may wish to change the DPI/LCD density.

Note: Setting the DPI to something other than 160 or 120 can cause compatibility issues with the Google Play Store. If you are unable to download and install apps then change the DPI to 160 or 120.
    You can change the DPI settings either by using a free LCD app or by editing the build prop. The two apps below will do the job.

Resolution change / Density, DPI Play Store Link:
    or
    Try editing the build prop with an easy to use free app.
    Build.prop Editor, Play Store Link:

How and when to Use the WebOS Doctor(Important):

Q: What’s the WebOS Doctor and when should I use it?

The WebOS Doctor is a program that has two main functions for HP TouchPad users. It can either update your version of WebOS or fix problems with a damaged WebOS by completely reinstalling it. If WebOS no longer boots or apps and preware have stopped working correctly, then you will need to resinstall WebOS with the Doctor. A failed or interrupted attempt at changing the partition sizes with WebOS preware app Tailor may cause these problems. To check what version of WebOS is currently installed go to Launcher(Up Arrow)/Settings/Device Info/ Version

Note(Important): You MUST uninstall Android before running the WebOS doctor. Failing to remove Android before running the Doctor can result in the process becoming stuck at 8-12% and potentially bricking the device. If you are currently stuck visit the thread below for information about fixing the problem. If you’re unable to use the tablet at all follow the instructions in Jcsullins TPDebrick thread.
    The Official Fix your TouchPad ( 8-12% stopped, No SD, Opps reformat, $&^#!@&# crap....) thread.(Rootzwiki)
    The Official Fix your TouchPad ( 8-12% stopped, No SD, Opps reformat, $&^#!@&# crap....) thread.(CM)
    TPDebrick v004 - Jcsullins dedicated thread for fixing Bricked TouchPads:

Note(Important): Running the Doctor will completely wipe all personal information, applications and preware from the TouchPad. Media like music and movies will not be affected. However I would recommend backing your important files to PC, before running the Doctor.

Note(Important): In order to install apps from the WebOS store you will need to get the Root Certificate fix for WebOS cloud services.
    [Video+Guide] HP TouchPad Root Certificate fix for WebOS cloud services

How to run the WebOS Doctor:

1) Install Java
    -Java must be installed in order for the TouchPad to communicate with your PC.

2) You MUST completely uninstall Android from the HP TouchPad before running the WebOS doctor. Remove Android by running the ACMEUinstaller2. Watch the following video for full uninstall instructions.
    How to Uninstall Android or CyanogenMod on the HP TouchPad (All versions)

3) Download the latest 3.0.5 WebOS doctor application to your PC. If upgrading you can check your current version from WebOS by going to Launcher(Up Arrow)/Settings/Device Info/ Version.
    WebOS Doctor 3.0.0 to 3.0.5 Official Links

4) Put the tablet into WebOS recovery mode by doing the following:
    -In WebOS Reboot the device by going to Launcher(Up Arrow)/Settings/Device Info/ select “Reset options” choose restart.
    -As soon as the screen goes dark hold down the volume up button until you enter WebOS Recovery mode. Note the large USB symbol that should be on the screen. If you miss it just reboot again and hold down the Volume up button right away. Once in WebOS recovery mode connect your USB cable to the PC.

5) Now you’re ready to run the WebOS Doctor app by clicking on the .jar file you downloaded in the previous step. Be sure that your tablet is fully charged and connected with the USB cable before starting this process. Running out of power or interrupting this process in anyway could brick your HP TouchPad. Please be careful and fully read the instructions before beginning.
    -Double click the webosdoctor.jar file to launch the app
    -Select your language then click next
    -Accept the licence agreement, read the warning message then select next to begin the install.
    -Be patient the process can take anywhere from 15min to 1hour to complete.

HP TouchPad Battery Drain issues during sleep (Important):

[Video]How to Reflash the A6 Firmware Method 1:

[Video]How to Reflash the A6 Firmware Method 2:

Full step by step A6 Firmware Flashing instructions and Info here!

The Problem:
    Developer James Sullins, Aka Jcsullins, has informed HP TouchPads users that there is a problem with our tablets A6 Firmware. This issue can cause an usually high battery drain during sleep. This problem occurs overtime while running both CyanogeMod and WebOS, on the HP TouchPad. As a results the Touchpads battery drains more quickly with daily use and the overall life span is reduced.

The Solution:
    Reflashing the A6 Firmware effectively fixes the problem but may need to be repeated as a part of regular HP TouchPad maintenance. Watch this video and follow the step by step instructions to reflash your own Touchpads A6 Firmware.

How to test:
    How to monitor your battery
    To monitor your battery drain history during sleep install the free app Battery Monitor Widget:
    -Once installed open the app and go to history to see a log of your devices sleep history.
    -go to BMW settings/calibration/Battery capacity/ and set it to 6300 (*f29c), 6000 (*i29c) or 5800 (*s29c) and tap OK
    -Note* after setting the calibration, users will have to allow several hours to pass before the history can be accumulated.
    Or

A6 Firmware Threads & Info:

[Fix Guide] How to Reflash the A6 Firmware XDA

How to Reflash the A6 Firmware Method 2:
    [Video] How to fix the A6 firmware Battery Drain Problem on the HP TouchPad Method 2

1) Boot to WebOs and in the "Just Type" box enter the following: webos20090606 or upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
    -Tap the developer mode icon and slide the toggle to on, then press submit.
    -Plug the USB cable into the HP TouchPad and your PC.

2)On your PC Install Java and the WebOSQuickInstall-4.5.0 software*
    - Note* If you have already previously installed Android with Java, then skip it.

a]Download Java:

b]Download Novacom Universal Installer:

c]Download WebOSQuickInstall-4.5.0:

3)Run the WebOSQuickInstall-4.5.0 software, note your TouchPad must be connected with the USB cable.
    -Click on the Small globe icon located under the plus minus buttons.
    -This will take us to a new menu where we will search “preware”
    -Click the install button and the Preware app will be installed.
    -You may now unplug the USB cable.

4)On the tablet while booted into WebOS navigate to downloads and select Preware.
    -scroll down until you see a button appear to continue
    -Search for “wterm” and install the app.
    -Run wterm, and set a password to give the app Root permissions.
    - You can set or change the password by looking for the wterm menu in the upper left corner and select setup.
    -Click on New password and enter a simple password like ”0000”
    -Confirm the password and press “Set Password” button, now hit done and exit.
    -Note you can increase the font size by going to wterm preference settings.

5) Now in wterm enter the following command
    PmA6Updater -f -d 0 /lib/firmware/a6_firmware.txt.00
    PmA6Updater –a (Note this shorter command flashes two firmwares)
    -It should take about 20-30 seconds to complete and will inform you upon completion.
    -Congratulations you have now reflashed the A6 Firmware and can safely close the terminal and reboot your HP TouchPad.
    Note: If you input the command and get a message saying it said can't open the A6 device, then try toggling developer mode off and on.​

How to Reflash the A6 Firmware Method 1:
    [video]How to Reflash the A6 Firmware Method 1:

1) Boot to WebOs and in the "Just Type" box enter the following: webos20090606
    WARNING: Do not enter a password. Just tap submit.

2)Install Java and the Novacom software*
    - Note* If you have already previously installed Android with, Java and Novacom drivers, then proceed to step 3.

a]Download Java:

b]Download Novacom Universal Installer:

3)Open windows explorer and go to C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\Terminal
    -Now run the Terminal.bat*
    -Note* if you are using a 64 bit OS and get the Error "Windows cannot find Javaw..." you will need to copy the Javaw.eve from C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and paste it into C:\Windows\System32.

4)In the open Novaterm window, select file\connect\Ok
    -Now copy and paste the following line into Novaterm and press enter*
    PmA6Updater –a (Note this shorter command flashes two firmwares)
    -Note* Do Not! disconnect the TouchPad After starting this procedure.
    -Novaterm will tell you "firmware update complete"
    - In the open Novaterm window, select file\disconnect\Ok
    -Congratulations you have now reflashed the A6 Firmware and can safely disconnect your HP TouchPad from the USB cable.
    [/spoiler]

Rom Flashing issues with CWM5 (Important):
    The Problem:
    -Developer Green has advised that using CWM5 to install(flash) a nightly or format the /data and /system partitions, may introduce corruption into the file system.
    -It is advised to avoid updating though CWM5 for this reason.
    -By installing Jcsullins new CWM6 you can avoid future corruption.(Included)
    -CWM6 Download:
    -Updating your Rom with CWM5 can cause the inode errors seen in double penguin mode while installing with the ACEMEInstaller3.
    -Due to corruption introduced from flashing/Updating Roms though CWM5, your system partition may have errors.

The Solution: (Also a safe way to upgrade from CM9-CM10)
    -Uninstalling CyanogenMod with the ACMEUninstaller and freshly installing with the ACMEInstaller 3 will resolve any possible issues.
    -To avoid problems when updating from CM9-CM10 you should first make a full Nandroid backup, then uninstall CM9.
    -Next Fully install CM9 using the ACMEInstaller3.
    -Once Complete restore your CM9 Nandroid backup,
    -Now you can safely update from CM9- CM10 with the ACMEInstaller3 or
    -You can also safely flash the CM10 Rom and gapps package with CWM6.
    -It’s fine to flash regular.zip files through CWM5; such as gapps files, fixes/patches and CWM6.zip These will not cause corruption and are safe for daily flashing.
    -Use CWM6 from now on Download:
    -Note* CWM6 has already been included for everyone using this guide to install CyanogenMod for the first time.
    -[RECOVERY] JCSullins' Touchpad CWM6 v6.0.1.9 [2012-12-15] Full Thread Here!
    -For more information Please watch the CWM6 Video Here:
    Rom Flashing issues with CWM5 (Important):

The Problem:
    -Developer Green has advised that using CWM5 to install(flash) a nightly or format the /data and /system partitions, may introduce corruption into the file system.
    -It is advised to avoid updating though CWM5 for this reason.
    -By installing Jcsullins new CWM6 you can avoid future corruption.(Included)
    -CWM6 Download:
    -Updating your Rom with CWM5 can cause the inode errors seen in double penguin mode while installing with the ACEMEInstaller3.
    -Due to corruption introduced from flashing/Updating Roms though CWM5, your system partition may have errors.

The Solution: (Also a safe way to upgrade from CM9-CM10)
    -Uninstalling CyanogenMod with the ACMEUninstaller and freshly installing with the ACMEInstaller 3 will resolve any possible issues.
    -To avoid problems when updating from CM9-CM10 you should first make a full Nandroid backup, then uninstall CM9.
    -Next Fully install CM9 using the ACMEInstaller3.
    -Once Complete restore your CM9 Nandroid backup,
    -Now you can safely update from CM9- CM10 with the ACMEInstaller3 or
    -You can also safely flash the CM10 Rom and gapps package with CWM6.
    -It’s fine to flash regular.zip files through CWM5; such as gapps files, fixes/patches and CWM6.zip These will not cause corruption and are safe for daily flashing.
    -Use CWM6 from now on Download:
    -Note* CWM6 has already been included for everyone using this guide to install CyanogenMod for the first time.
    -[RECOVERY] JCSullins' Touchpad CWM6 v6.0.1.9 [2012-12-15] Full Thread Here!
    -For more information Please watch the CWM6 Video Here:

Partition Size Problems and ACMEInstaller3(Important):

The Problem:
    -CM10 requires a larger partition size than CM9.
    -The ACMEInstaller 3 is meant to increase the partition size from 300MB to 400MB.
    -CM9 only needed 300MB but Jelly Bean is a larger Rom and requires more space(350MB).
    -In some cases users have reported 0.0/400MB of space left after installing CM10.
    -Although everything may still run fine it is recommend to leave at least a little space free. The consequences of running it without free space are not known.

How to monitor free System Storage space with CM10(Optional):
    -You can use a free app,Quick System Info PRO, to check the size of your partitions and remaining free space, it should be = 387MB or 402MB. Either of these is acceptable and indicates that the ACMEInstaller3 worked correctly.
    -Having a system size of 387Mib = 400MB and is perfectly normal after using ACME3
    -Users report having a size of 394 after flashing to a new Rom. This is also acceptable.
    -If your partition is an odd size or you get random reboots,then you may have encountered problems due to flashing you Rom.

Quick System Info PRO Video Link:
    Quick System Info PRO Play Store Link:

-If you use the ACMEInstaller3 and then later restore your Nandroid backup of CM9, you will still retain the larger partition size.
    -You can then use CWM or TWRP to safely flash from CM9-CM10 but flashing from CM10-CM9 can cause a boot loop.

How to free up System Storage space with CM10(Optional):
    I believe I have located about 15.89MB of data we can safely delete. Android in space videos and Phone Ring tones are located @
    root/system/media/videos & root/system/media/audio/ring tones.

X-plore File Manager, use this app to delete the files:

Note* X-plore needs to be given Root Permissions by clicking the 3 dots in the corner and choosing configuration. Here check your Root Access settings. SuperUser + Mount Writable, this is what it should say. Next you may need to reboot before it takes effect.

How to guide for changing your system, data, and cache partition sizes(Optional): (Gradular)

Related Links:

Extra Downloads:
    Mpgrimm2 Dev-Host backup files
    Mpgrimm2 Dev-Host backup files*mirror
    Flashable.zip file to change the partition size to 512MB
    CWM6 tenderloin-20121215:
    Nexus 7 Camera Launcher:
    moboot_038-tenderloin.zip
    tpdebrick-v004.zip
    moboot_0.3.5.zip
    ACMEInstaller3

Donate to the Developers:
    Donate to show your appreciation to our hard working developers:

Donate to Jcsullins:

Donate to Dorregaray:

Donate to Evervolv Team (Flintman):

Donate to Milaq

Donate to Invisiblek:
    New A6 Firmware Video

Troubleshooting:

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]HP TouchPad Battery Drain issues during sleep [/font](Important):

[Video] How to fix the A6 firmware Battery Drain Problem on the HP TouchPad

The Problem:
    Developer James Sullins, Aka Jcsullins, has informed HP TouchPads users that there is a problem with Touchpads A6 Firmware. This issue can cause an usually high battery drain during sleep. This problem occurs overtime while running both CyanogeMod and WebOS, on the HP TouchPad. As a results the Touchpads battery drains more quickly with daily use and the overall life span is reduced.

The Solution:
    Reflashing the A6 Firmware effectively fixes the problem but may need to be repeated as a part of regular HP TouchPad maintenance. Watch this video and follow the step by step instructions to reflash your own Touchpads A6 Firmware.

How to Reflash the A6 Firmware

1) Boot to WebOs and in the "Just Type" box enter the following: webos20090606
    WARNING: Do not enter a password. Just tap submit.

2)Install Java and the Novacom software*
    - Note* If you have already previously installed Android with, Java and Novacom drivers, then proceed to step 3.

a)Download Java:
    http://java.com/en/download/

b)Download Novacom Universal Installer:
    https://code.google.com/p/universal-novacom-installer/downloads/list

3)Open windows explorer and go to C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\Terminal
    -Now run the Terminal.bat*
    -Note* if you are using a 64 bit OS and get the Error "Windows cannot find Javaw..." you will need to copy the Javaw.eve from C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and paste it into C:\Windows\System32.

4)In the open Novaterm window, select file\connect\Ok
    -Now copy and paste the following line into Novaterm and press enter*
    -Note* Do Not! disconnect the TouchPad After starting this procedure.
    -Novaterm will tell you "firmware update complete"
    - In the open Novaterm window, select file\disconnect\Ok
    -Congratulations you have now relfashed the A6 Firmware and can safely disconnect your HP TouchPad from the USB cable.

A6 Firmware Threads & Info:
    Battery Drain issues on HP TouchPad

How to test:
    How to monitor your battery
    To monitor your battery drain history during sleep install the free app Battery Monitor Widget:
    -Once installed open the app and go to history to see a log of your devices sleep history.
    -go to BMW settings/calibration/Battery capacity/ and set it to 6300 (*f29c), 6000 (*i29c) or 5800 (*s29c) and tap OK
    Or
    updated Wifi drivers to test

I'm back with some NEW WIFI DRIVERS TO TEST:

The version I uploaded last week had the following issues that I hope are now fixed:

- A deadlock bug with caused SODs (sleeps of death).

- Setting "Keep Wif on during sleep" to "always" would not keep the wifi connected during sleep.

I've also enabled "firmware crash recovery" which might help those very rare people seeing wifi firmware crashes.

Install with recovery: http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouchpad/testing/update-cmtp-ath6kl-v20130721-test.zip

Note that the above should only be installed on my latest CM10 or latest CM9. For others (i.e. CM10.1), the following
    source is available for building a compatible set of modules: https://github.com/jcsullins/backports-3.10-2
    CM10.1 on the HP TouchPad

Hello HP TouchPad users, Great News! SGA has recently posted a build of CM 10.1 for the HP TouchPad with working sound and SDcard. Its almost fully functional minus the Bluetooth. This build lacks some H/W video acceleration but XDA member webdroidmt reports that the latest Adreno drivers fix this problem and it will likely be included into the next build. I am also seeing reasonable battery drain during sleep, as low as -5ma but with the usual spiking. This is a testing build so lets get testing! Please thank and leave SGA some feedback in his thread below.

Big thanks to SGA, jcsullins and drmarble, who all contributed to making this build. Its officially, unofficial, CM10.1 is working on the HP TouchPad!

CM10.1 Video:

[ROM][04/02] CM10.1 Test Builds with Sound on the HP TouchPad, Android 4.2.2 Thread:

XDA Source Thread:

CM10.1 Rom Download:

Gapps:

Step by step guide for enabling the HD Video decoding:
    Android 4.2 for the HP TouchPad (with HD video decoding) Liliputing Article By Brad Linder