[Q] Unroot 4.3 after ota update sgh-i747

Search This thread

rileyfallan

Jan 27, 2014
I updated my sgh-i747 successfully while I was rooted and now idk how to get rid of supersu and clockwork recovery. I need to send it in for repair and I don't want my warranty voided

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
After running the OTA update, your phone was running a stock 4.3 ROM?

Boot into download mode to see if your warranty has been voided by rooting.

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
If the knox counter has been tripped, you could still send it in for repair. The service centre will either repair it, repair and charge, or just send it back unchanged.

rileyfallan

Jan 27, 2014
What did it say exactly?

It says "a custom os can cause critical problems in phone and installed applications. If you want to download a custom os, press the volume up key. Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel." Nothing about warranty or Knox or the 0x0, 0x1

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 73

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Odin mode
Product name: sgh-i747
Costum binary download: yes(1 counts)
Current binary: custom
System status: custom
Qualcom secureboot: enable
Warranty bit: 1
Bootloader ap SWAEV: 2

According to the screen, you have installed custom software and there is no warranty for your phone.

You can send it in for repair but, if the tech checks the bootloader screen, it may not be repaired for free under warranty.

Last edited:

rileyfallan

Jan 27, 2014
According to the screen, you have installed custom software and there is no warranty for your phone.

You can send it in for repair but, if the tech checks the bootloader screen, it may not be repaired for free under warranty.

Is there anyway I can work around my problem. Every time I turn off and on my phone the data sd my external ad card gets corrupted

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Are you referring to resetting the counter or the SD card corruption?

As far as I know, there is no way to reset the counter at the moment. There probably won't be a way to fix it since the counter is being tripped because an efuse is blown when non-official software is loaded.

For the sd card corruption, a custom may correct the problem.

rileyfallan

Jan 27, 2014
I sent it in.. They didn't do Anything and sent it back And so I did all the root stuff and put the. Custom on it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts