Issues with receiving texts on at&t network using custom rom

Search This thread

nseriessaga

Dec 16, 2008
I have the AT&T version of the G2, its been rooted and I've tried both the Omni and Mahdi roms which i love, but im having major issues with not receiving incoming texts. Some come in, some dont, i have no idea why. When i text myself, they all come through. But i have had mamy people tell me that they texted me and i didnt respond. I did notice sometimes that when i restart my phone, i get a rush of text messages/emails once it powers back on. Also, i've tried both hangouts and regular aosp messaging apps and they are al lthe same. I following OP install directions for all roms and did a full wipe (as i always do anyways) when installing the roms.

Anyone else run into this issue or have any ideas?

DubSolo

Dec 4, 2013
Black Hole
I have the AT&T version of the G2, its been rooted and I've tried both the Omni and Mahdi roms which i love, but im having major issues with not receiving incoming texts. Some come in, some dont, i have no idea why. When i text myself, they all come through. But i have had mamy people tell me that they texted me and i didnt respond. I did notice sometimes that when i restart my phone, i get a rush of text messages/emails once it powers back on. Also, i've tried both hangouts and regular aosp messaging apps and they are al lthe same. I following OP install directions for all roms and did a full wipe (as i always do anyways) when installing the roms.

Anyone else run into this issue or have any ideas?

Check your APN, I had this issue once before and switched my APN from AT&T LTE to AT&T PHONE. I still get LTE coverage without the SMS issues.