Galaxy Gear: Higher Battery Capacity Replacement?

Search This thread

sandvich123127

Mar 1, 2014
Newington
Hi there, I was disassembling my watch to be curious. I found the battery area and I noticed online there are micro batteries around the web. Do you guys think there is a way to get one of those batteries and fit it into the watch and use the ribbons (the wires) that were on the old battery and make them work with the new battery? I'm still trying to look for a good battery only if it is confirmed that one can do this. Thanks if you can help me out!

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

h00rj

Aug 22, 2008
Daytona
Hi there, I was disassembling my watch to be curious. I found the battery area and I noticed online there are micro batteries around the web. Do you guys think there is a way to get one of those batteries and fit it into the watch and use the ribbons (the wires) that were on the old battery and make them work with the new battery? I'm still trying to look for a good battery only if it is confirmed that one can do this. Thanks if you can help me out!

I'm thinking you've gone deeper into your gear than a lot of us...

Find a battery that fits, has similar voltage output, and let us know how it goes! :fingers-crossed:

forshaw

Feb 4, 2012
for the size of 20mm x 30 mm you will be very lucky to find anything over 315mA
i had a quick search and i found 310mA etc

unless you can modify the case some how i dont think you will find anything

sandvich123127

Mar 1, 2014
Newington
for the size of 20mm x 30 mm you will be very lucky to find anything over 315mA
i had a quick search and i found 310mA etc

unless you can modify the case some how i dont think you will find anything

Found it, not that much higher, but I am still searching. I will post to see if I can find more batteries

sandvich123127

Mar 1, 2014
Newington
I finished it! All I did was that I got a 350 mAh battery with 3.7 volts. I stripped the wire a little and placed it in the original area where the ribbon used to go, if you want, I can show the battery if you want to switch

ruze

Mar 26, 2009
Yes, please post pics. That would be awesome. Thanks, man!

I finished it! All I did was that I got a 350 mAh battery with 3.7 volts. I stripped the wire a little and placed it in the original area where the ribbon used to go, if you want, I can show the battery if you want to switch

sandvich123127

Mar 1, 2014
Newington
This is an older photo, I used the regulator from the old battery on this one, but as you see, it isn't being used with it in this photo

Attachments

• 1399579952572.jpg
    1399579952572.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 5,131

lukasz

Nov 25, 2003
Krakow, POLAND
It would be really interesting to hear if this replacement gave You more life for the watch ? let us know after few days of use...

sandvich123127

Mar 1, 2014
Newington
The battery life isn't substantially higher, it lasts longer as I can see, but only by a few hours .

bschrib

Feb 18, 2009
Columbus
The thickness was a little bigger, but the dimensions are the same

You rock! Thanks for putting this together. Any chance you can link the battery you used just in case anyone (myself included) wants to order it and make the update themselves? Not much difference, but as this device gets older it might be worthwhile to swap batteries.

Thanks again for the nice mod!

forshaw

Feb 4, 2012

reggiexp

so its easy to replace battery? a original is 20/30euros.
im not decided yet galaxy gear or lg g watch..
for my oneplus one. but im not sure if galaxy gear is that usefull with oneplus one. but i like it for having full android a speaker and camera..
2nd hand a gear is 60-100euro. and lg g watch 2nd hand 100euro or new from 7-11 december 99€
im not decided... lg watch is cool but no speaker. no camera. and no full android.
but gear no full suport with other phones. but with some apps it works. perfectly. still dont know

sandvich123127

Mar 1, 2014
Newington
so its easy to replace battery? a original is 20/30euros.
im not decided yet galaxy gear or lg g watch..
for my oneplus one. but im not sure if galaxy gear is that usefull with oneplus one. but i like it for having full android a speaker and camera..
2nd hand a gear is 60-100euro. and lg g watch 2nd hand 100euro or new from 7-11 december 99€
im not decided... lg watch is cool but no speaker. no camera. and no full android.
but gear no full suport with other phones. but with some apps it works. perfectly. still dont know

I have successfully replaced the battery before, but be cautious if you do get a gear, only tested on original gear. You have to switch the capacitors, or the battery will just drain, and it needs the same voltage. The LG G Watch I heard was a great device, and with the oneplus, the G watch has full compatibility. I used the gear once with a Droid ultra, I had problems with a few things, and no galaxy store. Good thing I'm back to my Note 3 (for now ☺).

-seam-

Feb 23, 2017
when replacing the battery with the 350mah one, you have to switch a capacitor? you can just connect the two wires to the pads? and what is the battery regulator? I want to try this one

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Rechargeable-Lipo-battery-3-7V-350mah_961704580.html?s=p

are there bigger ones that fit?

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

I have successfully replaced the battery before, but be cautious if you do get a gear, only tested on original gear. You have to switch the capacitors, or the battery will just drain, and it needs the same voltage. The LG G Watch I heard was a great device, and with the oneplus, the G watch has full compatibility. I used the gear once with a Droid ultra, I had problems with a few things, and no galaxy store. Good thing I'm back to my Note 3 (for now ).

when replacing the battery with the 350mah one, you have to switch a capacitor? you can just connect the two wires to the pads? and what is the battery regulator? I want to try this one

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...04580.html?s=p

are there bigger ones that fit?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an older photo, I used the regulator from the old battery on this one, but as you see, it isn't being used with it in this photo