[updated] THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO FLASH GPE LOLLIPOP 5.1 on XT1032/33/34 WITH ROOT

Do you want a batch file for all the commands?

• Yes

Votes: 85 80.2%
  • No

Votes: 21 19.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

pfufle

Aug 22, 2013
Okay, so there has been a lot of confusion an ambiguity on how to successfully install the GPE lollipop update on the Moto G. The reason I am starting this guide is because I faced a lot of trouble myself trying to get this update and get stuff working.

DIFFICULTY LEVEL: EASY (NOOB FREINDLY ;) )

WARNING:
I HAVE TESTED THIS FULL PROCEDURE MYSELF. BUT I SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS THAT MIGHT OCCUR BY USING THIS PROCEDURE, THOUGH I SHALL TRY MY BEST TO SOLVE THEM IF YOU FACE ANY. DUAL SIM USERS, ONLY SINGLE SIM WORKS BECAUSE IT IS A GPE FIRMWARE AND THERE IS NO WORKAROUND FOR IT. THIS PROCEDURE DOES NOT WORK WITH XT1031 (confirmed by @goldeneagle1972 )

THIS PROCEDURE WILL WIPE ALL YOUR DATA ON THE PHONE. SO TAKE A BACKUP.

EXISTING GPE 5.0.1/2 USERS, FLASH THE ORIGINAL GPE MODEMS FIRST AND MAKE SURE YOUR SYSTEM ISN'T MODIFIED. (eg: rooted ). THEN DIRECTLY GO TO STEP 5.

THE REST OF YOU, FLASH THE 5.1 GPE FIRMWARE [HERE] FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS IN STEP 2.2 AND THEN GO DIRECTLY TO STEP 6

PREREQUISITES:
You will need an unlocked boot loader. If you have not already unlocked it, refer to [this]

STEP 1:
Download the 4.4.4 GPE XT1032 FIRMWARE from [here] [mirror]

Download mfastbootv2 from [here]
Download the minimal sdk from [here]
Download and install adb drivers from [here]

Download the batch files for all the commands from [here]. (OBSOLETE)

Download the batch files for flashing 5.1 firmware and fixing network from [here]
Download Motorola drivers from [here]
Reboot system after installing drivers.
Download THE 5.1 GPE FIRMWARE [HERE] FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS IN STEP 2.2 AND THEN GO DIRECTLY TO STEP 6
Extract the GPE firmware archive, batchfiles archive and mFastbootv2 archive to the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder (or your folder containing the platform-tools)

Download OTA update from [here]. Rename it to "ota".

Copy this archive to the same folder mention above (do not extract this archive).

STEP 2:
Boot into fastboot (POWER+VOLUME DOWN) and connect phone to PC

If you are starting from scratch, skip 2.1 ) and go to 2.2 )

2.1 ) If you have already made a failed attempt to OTA, or have previously flashed the Brazilian OTA, then flash the GPE 4.4.4 firmware follow this step. SHIFT + RIGHT click in the folder where you have extracted everything and choose open command window here. Then double-click on "Step 2_1.bat" or type the following commands one by one.
Code:
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot erase userdata
mfastboot reboot

You will not get network now but do not flash the modems of the firmware you use now because you will get a status 7 error when flashing the OTA. You will now be dumped at the welcome screen. Do not enter any details, just power off and boot into recovery via fastboot. Skip step 2.2)

YOU WILL GET SOME ERRORS LIKE HAB CHECK FAILED. JUST IGNORE AND PROCEED.

2.2 ) For those who haven't attempted the OTA or are not on the Brazilian Firmware, use the following method to flash the 4.4.4 GPE firmware. SHIFT + RIGHT click in the folder where you have extracted everything and choose open command window here. Then double-click on "Step 2_2.bat" or type the following commands one by one. (Thank you @jmonster141 for pointing out my silly error).
Code:
mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
mfastboot erase modemst1 
mfastboot erase modemst2 
mfastboot erase cache 
mfastboot erase userdata 
mfastboot reboot

You will not get network now but do not flash the modems of the firmware you use now because you will get a status 7 error when flashing the OTA. You will now be dumped at the welcome screen. Do not enter any details, just power off and boot into recovery via fastboot.

IT SEEMS THAT SOME 4.4.4 FIRMWARE HAVE NEWER PARTITION TABLES THAN GPE 4.4.4, SO THE GPT.BIN WILL FAIL TO FLASH. JUST SKIP IT AND YOU'L BE FINE (confirmed by @SickBeast ) or TAKE A LOOK AT [THIS] (thank you @t4n017 ).

AFTER ERASING USERDATA AND REBOOTING, YOUR PHONE MIGHT BOOT DIRECTLY INTO FASTBOOT AND IT WILL SAY "UTAG FLASHFAIL CONFIGURED AS FASTBOOT. JUST REFLASH THE BOOTLOADER TO FIX
Code:
(thank you @t4n017 again ;) )

STEP 3:
Now we shall flash the OTA. Boot into recovery. You shall see a weird android logo with an exclamation mark. AFTER THAT HOLD VOL+ FOR 15 SECONDS, THEN TAP POWER BUTTON (KEEP HOLDING THE VOL+ BUTTON) (thank you @thestory101) and choose apply update from adb in the recovery. Then double-click on "Step 3.bat" or type the following command:
Code:
adb sideload ota.zip

OR just OTA from Settings>About phone>System updates (confirmed by @t4n017) though i would yet recommend using the former procedure.

STEP 4:
Once it has finished, select reboot system now from the recovery. DO NOT WIPE YOUR CACHE. YOU WILL BE STUCK AT THE GOOGLE BOOT LOGO SCREEN FOR AROUND 10-20 SECONDS. JUST BE PATIENT. If you are stuck for more than 20 seconds, just flash [this].

STEP 5:
Now check your phone for and update and you shall get an update notification for 5.1 lollipop. Follow onscreen procedures and complete the update.

STEP 6:
SKIP THIS if you have EUROPEAN XT1032.
Download XT1033 modems [here] if you have the Asian Moto G. THESE MODEMS APPARENTLY DON'T WORK. LOOK AT POST NO. 593 FOR FIX.
Download XT1034 modems [here] if you have the Canadian Moto G
Download XT1032 US GSM modems [here] if you have the us version (thank you @jmonster141)

I HAVE GIVEN LINKS TO ALL THE MODEMS OF THE COMMON VARIANTS OF THE MOTO G. IF YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT VARIANT, DOWNLOAD YOUR RESPECTIVE FIRMWARE, COPY THE "NON-HLOS.bin" and "fsg.bin" FROM YOUR ORIGINAL FIRMWARE TO THE FOLDER WHERE YOU HAVE THE SDK, mFastboot, GPE FIRMWARE AND OTA AFTER STEP 3 AND FOLLOW STEP 5 TO GET NETWORK. IT IS EXTREMELY TIME CONSUMING FOR ME TO HUNT DOWN MODEMS FOR ALL THE NUMEROUS VARIANTS AND LINK THEM IN THE OP (IM KINDA BUSY WITH MY STUDIES RIGHT NOW) SO PLEASE TAKE THE PAIN TO DO SO YOURSELF. ALSO, LINK THE MODEMS YOU USED,TO GET NETWORK, IN THE THREAD SO I CAN ADD IT TO THE OP AND HELP THE REST. (That's how the amazing XDA community works right ?! )

Link for Stock Roms to extract modem files:
[here]
(All Moto G Variants)

I'll just drop this here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2649763
All variants/regions kernel/recovery/radio files...

We shall now flash the modems. You will be put at the welcome screen after a few minutes. Power off, boot into fastboot. Then double-click on "Step 5.bat" or type the following command:
Code:
mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot reboot

You shall now be running 5.1 GPE !

For anyone having difficulties with their network on an XT1033 , try using network fix.bat from here :

http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/general/guide-convert-brazilian-firmware-gpe-5-t2969472

ROOT: (OPTIONAL)
Download the latest superSU flashable zip from [here] and copy-paste it into to your phone.

Download the latest TWRP recovery image from [here]. Copy the image to the folder where you have adb and fastboot. Rename the image to "recovery". Open a command prompt in the folder containing this recovery (press shift + right-click, choose open command window here). Boot your phone into fastboot mode and execute the following code:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Ignore the partition mismatch error.

Use your volume rockers to boot into the recovery. Go to install zip, and choose the SuperSU zip and flash it.

Reboot into rooted 5.1 GPE.

TO FIX THE LAGGY ANIMATIONS IN GOOGLE NOW LAUNCHER, SEE [THIS] POST.

- MOST IMPORTANT: please read and follow the steps as if your life depends on it. If you have any doubts, read the whole thread. I confirmed the steps with some other google searches wherever I thought I am confused. Luckily for me, if worked like a breeze for me the first time. Read all the messages on the command prompt / terminal on your computer and the information displayed on your phone while you are flashing all sorts of stuff. There are certain important information that you will on this displays. BE PATIENT

CREDITS TO ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THE AMAZING MOTO G XDA COMMUNITY.

Last edited:

deej_roamer

Mar 19, 2014
Okay, so there has been a lot of confusion an ambiguity on how to successfully install the GPE lollipop update on the XT1033. The reason i am starting this guide is because I faced a lot of trouble myself trying to get this update and had to scavenge through multiple threads to get stuff working. I had flashed the update on my Moto G XT1033 converted to GPE using the mixed firmware by @deej_roamer [using this tutorial], OTAed to 4.4.4 and flashed the OTA manually using ADB. I was stuck at the bootlogo following this. This was because of the firmware being modified this interfering with the OTA. Since i was now stuck with the new 41.18 bootloader and the partition table (gpt.bin) of the OTA, i could not flash the XT1033 firmware. So this is what I did:
That's a nice way to convert I didn't think it could be done this way.... Cool bro

Last edited:

abendroidx

Jan 11, 2011
Makati/Doha
dual sim will work with this method right?

can you give feedback, is it stable enough to be used daily? have you encountered any bugs or features that doest work? force close?

im thinking jumping to 5.01 but need some idea of how stable it is as i dont have a spare phone at the moment if it fail or got bricked

Last edited:
Reactions: iDynamics

voilamos

May 3, 2012
No Network

Hey

I still don't see any network on my phone.

This is after I flashed the modem files

Any fix ? Thanks

k-kuchen

Oct 17, 2013
For me GPE 4.4.4 doesn't boot anymore, because of the new bootloader I assume. GPE 5.0.1 also didn't boot. Only Motorola Firmware booted successfully. Do you know what I can do about that?

pfufle

Aug 22, 2013

can you give feedback, is it stable enough to be used daily? have you encountered any bugs or features that doest work? force close?

im thinking jumping to 5.01 but need some idea of how stable it is as i dont have a spare phone at the moment if it fail or got bricked

The build is epic! Flash it right away if you dont need dual sim.

Hey

Any fix ? Thanks

I am really sorry but i missed an important step in the OP (i realised it right away but my mom wouldnt allow me to touch my PC before i finished my homework :| )

Once you flash GPE 4.4.4 with the original modems, flash the OTA and after that reboot to bootloader and AFTER that flash the modems of the phone model you have. When you boot into lollipop it will say that it will take around 5 minutes to find network and wait patiently until it is done.

For me GPE 4.4.4 doesn't boot anymore, because of the new bootloader I assume. GPE 5.0.1 also didn't boot. Only Motorola Firmware booted successfully. Do you know what I can do about that?

Make sure you follow step 2.1. And make sure you used thw links i provided in the OP. GPE 4.4.4 boots just fine for the rest of us. (Sans the screen flickering which is fixed after a screen unlock)

Metalingus903

May 30, 2012
Hi,

I'm stuck on step 3 (can't adb sideload the ota). I can't boot to recovery - just a picture of android with the ! (red) sign.

GPE 4.4.4 is working just fine (with network too).

Thank you!

pfufle

Aug 22, 2013
Hi,

I'm stuck on step 3 (can't adb sideload the ota). I can't boot to recovery - just a picture of android with the ! (red) sign.

GPE 4.4.4 is working just fine (with network too).

Thank you!

I for got to mention in the OP, you are supposed to press volume up and power button simultaneously when that logo comes for 7 seconds and then release it.

Metalingus903

May 30, 2012
It just reboots the system when I press volume up and power button when that logo shows up.

Thanks

EDIT: Got it to work! Just have to precise! :)

Last edited:

k-kuchen

Oct 17, 2013
Make sure you follow step 2.1. And make sure you used thw links i provided in the OP. GPE 4.4.4 boots just fine for the rest of us. (Sans the screen flickering which is fixed after a screen unlock)

Thanks.
As far as I can tell the difference is leaving bootloader (which fails to flash anyway) and GPT from the retail Firmware. I flashed the whole GPE before which resulted in being stuck at bootlogo

pfufle

Aug 22, 2013
Thanks.
As far as I can tell the difference is leaving bootloader (which fails to flash anyway) and GPT from the retail Firmware. I flashed the whole GPE before which resulted in being stuck at bootlogo

Yep. The old partirion tables are incompatible with the new bootloader apparantly.

Reactions: k-kuchen

acid032

Mar 16, 2013
Well it Works but i dont have any network :( I flashed my modems from the original firmware of the xt1034.

Any Help ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, so there has been a lot of confusion an ambiguity on how to successfully install the GPE lollipop update on the Moto G. The reason I am starting this guide is because I faced a lot of trouble myself trying to get this update and get stuff working.

DIFFICULTY LEVEL: EASY (NOOB FREINDLY ;) )

WARNING:
    I HAVE TESTED THIS FULL PROCEDURE MYSELF. BUT I SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS THAT MIGHT OCCUR BY USING THIS PROCEDURE, THOUGH I SHALL TRY MY BEST TO SOLVE THEM IF YOU FACE ANY. DUAL SIM USERS, ONLY SINGLE SIM WORKS BECAUSE IT IS A GPE FIRMWARE AND THERE IS NO WORKAROUND FOR IT. THIS PROCEDURE DOES NOT WORK WITH XT1031 (confirmed by @goldeneagle1972 )

THIS PROCEDURE WILL WIPE ALL YOUR DATA ON THE PHONE. SO TAKE A BACKUP.

EXISTING GPE 5.0.1/2 USERS, FLASH THE ORIGINAL GPE MODEMS FIRST AND MAKE SURE YOUR SYSTEM ISN'T MODIFIED. (eg: rooted ). THEN DIRECTLY GO TO STEP 5.

THE REST OF YOU, FLASH THE 5.1 GPE FIRMWARE [HERE] FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS IN STEP 2.2 AND THEN GO DIRECTLY TO STEP 6

PREREQUISITES:
    You will need an unlocked boot loader. If you have not already unlocked it, refer to [this]

STEP 1:
    Download the 4.4.4 GPE XT1032 FIRMWARE from [here] [mirror]

Download mfastbootv2 from [here]
    Download the minimal sdk from [here]
    Download and install adb drivers from [here]

Download the batch files for all the commands from [here]. (OBSOLETE)

Download the batch files for flashing 5.1 firmware and fixing network from [here]
    Download Motorola drivers from [here]
    Reboot system after installing drivers.
    Download THE 5.1 GPE FIRMWARE [HERE] FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS IN STEP 2.2 AND THEN GO DIRECTLY TO STEP 6
    Extract the GPE firmware archive, batchfiles archive and mFastbootv2 archive to the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder (or your folder containing the platform-tools)

Download OTA update from [here]. Rename it to "ota".

Copy this archive to the same folder mention above (do not extract this archive).

STEP 2:
    Boot into fastboot (POWER+VOLUME DOWN) and connect phone to PC

If you are starting from scratch, skip 2.1 ) and go to 2.2 )

2.1 ) If you have already made a failed attempt to OTA, or have previously flashed the Brazilian OTA, then flash the GPE 4.4.4 firmware follow this step. SHIFT + RIGHT click in the folder where you have extracted everything and choose open command window here. Then double-click on "Step 2_1.bat" or type the following commands one by one.
    Code:
    mfastboot erase modemst1
    mfastboot erase modemst2
    mfastboot erase cache
    mfastboot erase userdata
    mfastboot reboot

You will not get network now but do not flash the modems of the firmware you use now because you will get a status 7 error when flashing the OTA. You will now be dumped at the welcome screen. Do not enter any details, just power off and boot into recovery via fastboot. Skip step 2.2)

2.2 ) For those who haven't attempted the OTA or are not on the Brazilian Firmware, use the following method to flash the 4.4.4 GPE firmware. SHIFT + RIGHT click in the folder where you have extracted everything and choose open command window here. Then double-click on "Step 2_2.bat" or type the following commands one by one. (Thank you @jmonster141 for pointing out my silly error).
    Code:
    mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
    mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
    mfastboot erase modemst1 
    mfastboot erase modemst2 
    mfastboot erase cache 
    mfastboot erase userdata 
    mfastboot reboot

You will not get network now but do not flash the modems of the firmware you use now because you will get a status 7 error when flashing the OTA. You will now be dumped at the welcome screen. Do not enter any details, just power off and boot into recovery via fastboot.

IT SEEMS THAT SOME 4.4.4 FIRMWARE HAVE NEWER PARTITION TABLES THAN GPE 4.4.4, SO THE GPT.BIN WILL FAIL TO FLASH. JUST SKIP IT AND YOU'L BE FINE (confirmed by @SickBeast ) or TAKE A LOOK AT [THIS] (thank you @t4n017 ).

AFTER ERASING USERDATA AND REBOOTING, YOUR PHONE MIGHT BOOT DIRECTLY INTO FASTBOOT AND IT WILL SAY "UTAG FLASHFAIL CONFIGURED AS FASTBOOT. JUST REFLASH THE BOOTLOADER TO FIX
    Code:
    (thank you @t4n017 again ;) )

STEP 3:
    Now we shall flash the OTA. Boot into recovery. You shall see a weird android logo with an exclamation mark. AFTER THAT HOLD VOL+ FOR 15 SECONDS, THEN TAP POWER BUTTON (KEEP HOLDING THE VOL+ BUTTON) (thank you @thestory101) and choose apply update from adb in the recovery. Then double-click on "Step 3.bat" or type the following command:
    Code:
    adb sideload ota.zip

OR just OTA from Settings>About phone>System updates (confirmed by @t4n017) though i would yet recommend using the former procedure.

STEP 4:
    Once it has finished, select reboot system now from the recovery. DO NOT WIPE YOUR CACHE. YOU WILL BE STUCK AT THE GOOGLE BOOT LOGO SCREEN FOR AROUND 10-20 SECONDS. JUST BE PATIENT. If you are stuck for more than 20 seconds, just flash [this].

STEP 5:
    Now check your phone for and update and you shall get an update notification for 5.1 lollipop. Follow onscreen procedures and complete the update.

STEP 6:
    SKIP THIS if you have EUROPEAN XT1032.
    Download XT1033 modems [here] if you have the Asian Moto G. THESE MODEMS APPARENTLY DON'T WORK. LOOK AT POST NO. 593 FOR FIX.
    Download XT1034 modems [here] if you have the Canadian Moto G
    Download XT1032 US GSM modems [here] if you have the us version (thank you @jmonster141)

I HAVE GIVEN LINKS TO ALL THE MODEMS OF THE COMMON VARIANTS OF THE MOTO G. IF YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT VARIANT, DOWNLOAD YOUR RESPECTIVE FIRMWARE, COPY THE "NON-HLOS.bin" and "fsg.bin" FROM YOUR ORIGINAL FIRMWARE TO THE FOLDER WHERE YOU HAVE THE SDK, mFastboot, GPE FIRMWARE AND OTA AFTER STEP 3 AND FOLLOW STEP 5 TO GET NETWORK. IT IS EXTREMELY TIME CONSUMING FOR ME TO HUNT DOWN MODEMS FOR ALL THE NUMEROUS VARIANTS AND LINK THEM IN THE OP (IM KINDA BUSY WITH MY STUDIES RIGHT NOW) SO PLEASE TAKE THE PAIN TO DO SO YOURSELF. ALSO, LINK THE MODEMS YOU USED,TO GET NETWORK, IN THE THREAD SO I CAN ADD IT TO THE OP AND HELP THE REST. (That's how the amazing XDA community works right ?! )

Link for Stock Roms to extract modem files:
    [here]
    (All Moto G Variants)

I'll just drop this here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2649763
    All variants/regions kernel/recovery/radio files...

We shall now flash the modems. You will be put at the welcome screen after a few minutes. Power off, boot into fastboot. Then double-click on "Step 5.bat" or type the following command:
    Code:
    mfastboot erase modemst1
    mfastboot erase modemst2
    mfastboot reboot

You shall now be running 5.1 GPE !

For anyone having difficulties with their network on an XT1033 , try using network fix.bat from here :

http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/general/guide-convert-brazilian-firmware-gpe-5-t2969472

ROOT: (OPTIONAL)
    Download the latest superSU flashable zip from [here] and copy-paste it into to your phone.

Download the latest TWRP recovery image from [here]. Copy the image to the folder where you have adb and fastboot. Rename the image to "recovery". Open a command prompt in the folder containing this recovery (press shift + right-click, choose open command window here). Boot your phone into fastboot mode and execute the following code:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Ignore the partition mismatch error.

Use your volume rockers to boot into the recovery. Go to install zip, and choose the SuperSU zip and flash it.

Reboot into rooted 5.1 GPE.

TO FIX THE LAGGY ANIMATIONS IN GOOGLE NOW LAUNCHER, SEE [THIS] POST.

- MOST IMPORTANT: please read and follow the steps as if your life depends on it. If you have any doubts, read the whole thread. I confirmed the steps with some other google searches wherever I thought I am confused. Luckily for me, if worked like a breeze for me the first time. Read all the messages on the command prompt / terminal on your computer and the information displayed on your phone while you are flashing all sorts of stuff. There are certain important information that you will on this displays. BE PATIENT

CREDITS TO ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THE AMAZING MOTO G XDA COMMUNITY.
    I tried flashing lollipop, but when I flash GPE 4.4.4, the phone gets stuck at the boot animation, the Google logo and the lock below it.
    Any work around for this issue?

If you had tried flashing lollipop before stumbling upon this guide, use step 2.1 else use step 2.2. Step 2.1 is the workaround.

Is there any way to gain root access on Lollipop for our device? Any patched boot.img or something like so?

Download zip, Extract it. Turn on fastboot mode and execute root-windows.bat
    Download: http://download.chainfire.eu/597/CF-...teu-xt1032.zip

This is so pointless.
    Mangling with your phone to install update, that done the wrong way, or make a mistake during the process, can bring you more harm and problems which lends to the Q.Q softbrick etc. pledges to help undo this because of fixing something that didn't need fixing.
    Patience is rewarded and I'd rather receive the anyway promised 5.0 L update instead of possibly damaging my phone software. I like the vanilla feel of originality.
    Plus why would I want to install software update that's not even for my region?
    This is laughable and pointless. Let beta testers be beta testers, they've earned the right to get this and see what's what. The rest of us, I think should just sit still and eventually get what we are promised: clean and official.

This is pretty much clean and official. You just said that you liked the clean vanilla feel and originality. That is exactly why we care about the GPE update so much. It is directly by Google without any of the bloatware regional updates come with. This version is global, so it can be used by any region (region being the subset of global). I am a school going student. In my country, my academic performance in these two years apparently decides my future. The reason we take so much time out, in spite of our busy schedule, to test such stuff at the risk of bricking our own phones(well, we do know the workarounds in case we DO damage it) and write these tutorials is so that normal users don't damage their phone software and can yet experience the openness and freedom android and Linux offers. Yes, patience is great and you can wait for the update if you would like to. But please don't laugh at what we do if you don't like it, ignore it. And we are not "BETA testers". We are just enthusiasts who like to contribute to the android community in any small way we can.

Cheers.
    Okay, so there has been a lot of confusion an ambiguity on how to successfully install the GPE lollipop update on the XT1033. The reason i am starting this guide is because I faced a lot of trouble myself trying to get this update and had to scavenge through multiple threads to get stuff working. I had flashed the update on my Moto G XT1033 converted to GPE using the mixed firmware by @deej_roamer [using this tutorial], OTAed to 4.4.4 and flashed the OTA manually using ADB. I was stuck at the bootlogo following this. This was because of the firmware being modified this interfering with the OTA. Since i was now stuck with the new 41.18 bootloader and the partition table (gpt.bin) of the OTA, i could not flash the XT1033 firmware. So this is what I did:
    That's a nice way to convert I didn't think it could be done this way.... Cool bro
    This is so pointless.
    Mangling with your phone to install update, that done the wrong way, or make a mistake during the process, can bring you more harm and problems which lends to the Q.Q softbrick etc. pledges to help undo this because of fixing something that didn't need fixing.
    Patience is rewarded and I'd rather receive the anyway promised 5.0 L update instead of possibly damaging my phone software. I like the vanilla feel of originality.
    Plus why would I want to install software update that's not even from my region?
    This is laughable and pointless. Let beta testers be beta testers, they've earned the right to get this and see what's what. The rest of us, I think should just sit still and eventually get what we are promised: clean and official.

I am now asking myself why you did come here. If you want to test it, accept the risk and test it. Otherwise, you do not need to come here commenting with such a banal and, in my opinion, stupid more than useless post.
    People can read nowadays, and the original post has a "warning" section, so if someone wants to test it, it's supposed to know what the risks are and, if someone wants to test it, it is probably not a tester, that came here on this thread with the pretty clear idea to update its Moto G manually with the GPE version.

The build is epic! Flash it right away if you dont need dual sim.

Hey

Any fix ? Thanks

I am really sorry but i missed an important step in the OP (i realised it right away but my mom wouldnt allow me to touch my PC before i finished my homework :| )

Once you flash GPE 4.4.4 with the original modems, flash the OTA and after that reboot to bootloader and AFTER that flash the modems of the phone model you have. When you boot into lollipop it will say that it will take around 5 minutes to find network and wait patiently until it is done.