[Q] HELP: Xperia M dual - "Type password to decrypt storage"

Search This thread

Bonoboo

Dec 30, 2012
Ukraine
Redmi Note 10 Pro
@catch148
Seems you have broken NAND-memory (4GB chip) which contains all system, data, etc.

Now 8 (!) people on forum experiencing this: you and this seven: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Info about Encryption unsuccessful
Phone tries read partitions and due some reason data there messed up.
It's looks like encrypted data for phone and he trying deal with it.
Googling says that this is consequence of broken NAND-memory.

Last edited:

Dark_Sleipnir

Jun 26, 2013
Minsk
@catch148
Seems you have broken NAND-memory (4GB chip) which contains all system, data, etc.

Now 8 (!) people on forum experiencing this: you and this 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Info about Encryption unsuccessful
Phone tries read partitions and due some reason data there messed up.
It's looks like encrypted data for phone and he trying deal with it.
Googling says that this is consequence of broken NAND-memory.

So if it problen with memory chip is it be warranty case?

Отправлено с моего GT-N7100 через Tapatalk

Bonoboo

Dec 30, 2012
Ukraine
Redmi Note 10 Pro
what is the rough cost of replacement of NAND memory?
I guess repair center suggest you to replace whole system board.
Because it's difficult to them replace chip and then write on it clean full-flash.

Also chip contain unique information related to your unit (TA-partition).
Not sure they will replicate it on new. It's easier replace all board and place new label with new IMEI.

aamitkd

Dec 1, 2014
type password to decrypt storage in xperia m

there is only solution..go to authorised service centre and they will replace the motherboard (PCB) and update your phone. i have also the same problem with my xperia m dual

Reactions: Bonoboo

echo juned

Nov 4, 2012
Surabaya
it just big problem in internal memory like a NANDROID Partition is damage...
there is no way to fix this...
only one chance to replace hardware system bro...

Reactions: Bonoboo

theperson333

Nov 25, 2012
it just big problem in internal memory like a NANDROID Partition is damage...
there is no way to fix this...
only one chance to replace hardware system bro...

I know, but wondering if Sony service can tell your warranty meant to be voided.

Sent from an ARM powered device, running software that isn't oversimplified and actually "just works"

shbhuk

May 21, 2015
Same problem - Encryption

That's nonsense! They're just basically going after the money. You don't have to replace the motherboard, that's rubbish. All you have to do is to download Flashtool by Androxyde, make sure that you have installed the proper drivers, download any FTF from the Android Development section that suits you, then flash it. If you need a more detailed explanation, then just reply...

I am having the same issue, and got the same reply about the motherboard from the Sony centre.
Could you kindly guide me on how to go about this?

I am a novice at this and have never flashed my phone before. Kindly advise how to.

chikashacy

May 23, 2015
I am having the same issue, and got the same reply about the motherboard from the Sony centre.
Could you kindly guide me on how to go about this?

I am a novice at this and have never flashed my phone before. Kindly advise how to.

hi, i have same problem like you. btw can you explain how to fix the decrypt storage? thanks

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

That's nonsense! They're just basically going after the money. You don't have to replace the motherboard, that's rubbish. All you have to do is to download Flashtool by Androxyde, make sure that you have installed the proper drivers, download any FTF from the Android Development section that suits you, then flash it. If you need a more detailed explanation, then just reply...

hi, i have same problem like you. btw can you explain how to fix the decrypt storage? thanks

vai8080

Nov 18, 2014
Guyzz , I have downloaded many ftf files and had flashed many of it but none of them were successfully flashed , I always get the same errors while flashing through flashtool , please help me guyzz .I'm posting my log pics along with this
Thanks

Attachments

• 1444990226152.jpg
    1444990226152.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 856

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Only Solution till now is to just replace the motherboard as the NAND chip of Xperia M is really weak and since it is mounted on mobo so just the nand chip cannot be replaced :crying:
    My C1904 is now trashed in my drawer for about 3-4 months ago...
    No FTF works,I can boot to TWRP 3 and Cyanogen recovery, still there nothing mounts or wipes...
    Fastboot format and fastboot erase commands does not work ...always fails...

Sir, i have tried this method, but it gives an error ....i will post the exact error as soon as possible.
    type password to decrypt storage in xperia m

there is only solution..go to authorised service centre and they will replace the motherboard (PCB) and update your phone. i have also the same problem with my xperia m dual
    how much would replacing mother board cost???
    I don't know, ask in your local repair services.
    Maybe will be cheaper to buy used phone e.g. with broken screen and took board from there.