[2007-10-25] FTouchFlo v.1.4.1 HOTFIX

Search This thread

efrost

Mar 31, 2007
Prague
[2008-02-03] FTouchSL released. New thread here.

[2007-10-25]
FTouchFlo ver. 1.4.1 HOTFIX

Sorry, forgot to exclude debug feature from "Excluded programs". Now it should work. :)

Thank you!

[2007-10-25]
FTouchFlo ver. 1.4 HOTFIX

First of all, many thanks to all donators!

Unfortunately I don't have much time, so new feature introduced not so fast...

Changes in 1.4:
1. Fixed a few bugs causing not stable behavior (freezing, white-screen or so.).
2. Fixed LeftRightAppCmdLine parameter parsing.
3. Fixed "Excluded programs" list.
4. Display orientation now checked for each point. Hope issues with "incorrect calibration" in landscape mode on some devices will be solved.
5. Whole application optimization.
6. Added scrolling in "Agenda One" windows. Changed scrollable window searching algorithm.
7. Added possibility to turn off scrolling function. New parameter "DisableScroll" with possible values: 0 - scrolling enabled and 1 - scrolling disabled. For example, to disable scrolling in all windows put DisableScroll:1 to the configuration file.

Thank you!

[2007-10-22]
FTouchFlo ver. 1.3 HOTFIX

No new features or so. Just stability. A few more checks added, suspicious parts of code rewrited and so on.

[2007-10-21]
FTouchFlo ver. 1.2 HOTFIX

Fixed:
1. Fixed bug with memory allocation which for 99.99999% was a reason for devices freezing. To avoid possible huge problems (even hardreset might be required sometimes!) with your devices I would recommend uninstall FTouchFlo 1.0 and 1.1 if you have them installed.
2. To avoid changing '/' to '\' in gestures parameters you have to put parameter value in brackets:
[will be changed]: UpDownAppCmdLine:/Program files/123.exe
[will not be changed]:UpDownAppCmdLine:"/cmd_line_parameter"

Thank you!

[2007-10-20]
FTouchFlo ver. 1.1 HOTFIX

Fixed:
1. Devices freezing (I really hope!)
2. Slash - Backslash problem in configuration file. You can put there anything you want and FTouchFlo will change all / to \.
3. Excluded programs: sometimes currently active application wasn't recognized and excluded.
4. User activity notification added. Before that when you're just scrolling, windows didn't know about your activities.

[2007-10-19]
FTouchFlo ver. 1.0

Overview
FTouchFlo is the program which gives you possibility to control with your Windows Mobile PDA without using stylus but with your finger!
It allows scrolling contents of windows in most of applications (Outlook, File explorer, MS Word, Notes, Contacts etc.) where vertical or horizontal scroll bars are! Along with scrolling feature FTouchFlo provides launching functionality. You will be able to start up to 4 your favorite applications just sliding your finger on the touch screen in one of four directions.

Instructions:
1. Scrolling and standard windows behavior: To scroll contents of a window with vertical or horizontal scroll bar you have to touch your screen and immediately start scrolling by moving your finger. You have just a few milliseconds (Delay) between the moment you’ve touched the screen and started scrolling. If you’ll not start scrolling immediately, your PDA will be working as usual (standard windows behavior function): you’ll be able to select text or use tap-n-hold function to invoke context menu.

2. Zones: There are 2 zones of touch screen controlled by FTouchFlo:
attachment.php

Zone “1” is always used for scrolling or “standard windows behavior” functions. Zone 2 might be also used for launching up to 4 your favorite applications.
Note: Scrolling and “Standard windows behavior” functions are also available in the Zone 2.

3. Launching: To launch one of four predefined applications you can use four different gestures: Down->Up, Up->Down, Left->Right, Right->Left.
Note: You should always start gestures for launching applications from the Zone 2!
Note: You should start moving your finger almost immediately (GestureWaitingDelay) after you’ve touched the screen!
• Down-Up gesture should be started from the bottom of the screen and you should move your finger to the 1/3 of screen in the direction to the top of screen:
attachment.php

• Up->Down gesture should be started from the top of screen and you should move your finger to the 1/3 of screen in the direction to the bottom of screen;
• Left->Right gesture should be started from the left of screen and you should move your finger to the 1/3 of screen in the direction to the right of screen;
• Right->Left gesture should be started from the right of screen and you should move your finger to the 1/3 of screen in the direction to the left of screen.
4. Excluded applications. This feature allows you to restrict FTouchFlo control gestures when some application is running. It is useful in case if the application natively supports scrolling with finger function or gestures.
5. Disabled when SIP is active. FTouchFlo will be automatically disabled when you have SIP (Software Input Panel) active, so you can use Block Recognizer, Letter Recognizer and other SIPs without taking into account that FTouchFlo is running.

Limitations
1. Transcriber is not supported.
2. Scrolling doesn’t works in MSExcel, Resco Photo Viewer and some other applications with unusual approach how to use scrollbars. 
3. Windows internal calibration application will not be working while FTouchFlo is running.

Licensing, using, copyrights etc.
1. You can use FTouchFlo for non-commercial purposes free of charge.
2. You can include FTouchFlo in your ROMs with notice about FTouchFLo copyright.
3. You can distribute FTouchFlo together with your application with notice about FTouchFlo copyright.
4. All rights to FTouchFlo belong to FTouchFlo developers.
5. You can use FTouchFlo on your own risk.
6. FTouchFlo developers are not responsible for any problems caused by using FTouchFlo.

Troubleshooting
If the touch screen is not responding, it might be caused by FTouchFlo. Just softreset the device.

Special thanks
Special thanks to all donators, administration and members of www.xda-developers.com!

Conclusion
We hope you’ll be happy with FTouchFlo and if so, please, donate, so developers will be able to continue working and introduce new cool features!

Feel free to contact FTouchFlo developers by e-mail: ftouchflodev(@)seznam.cz or post at http://xdaforums.com – the greatest xDA owners forum!

For complete description see Readme.txt or FTouchFlo.docx files from the package!

Sincerely yours.

Attachments

• FTouchFlo_1.0.zip
    269 KB · Views: 11,610
  • FTouchFlo_Screen_small.jpg
    FTouchFlo_Screen_small.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 98,971
  • FTouchFlo_Screen_DownUp_small.jpg
    FTouchFlo_Screen_DownUp_small.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 94,758
  • FTouchFlo_1.1.zip
    271.2 KB · Views: 4,759
  • FTouchFlo_1.2.zip
    270.1 KB · Views: 4,214
  • FTouchFlo_v1.3.CAB
    73.6 KB · Views: 6,485
  • FTouchFlo_1.4.zip
    265.1 KB · Views: 26,739
  • FTouchFlo_v1.4.1.CAB
    58.7 KB · Views: 103,712
Last edited:

MTM

Oct 18, 2007
Copenhagen
Looks really good!

So now you can decide whether the whole screen should be used for scrolling or part 1 for scrolling and part 2 for launching programs?

A good idea to get rid of the shifting between modes :)

A couple of suggestions (to do after bugs have been sorted):

1) Maybe it could be possible to decide which areas of part 2 (the launch part of the screen) you would like to use? For instance, if you only want up->down to close programs and down->up to launch a program cube, you could decide not to use the left and right part of part 2 of the screen, which perhaps would make it easier to scroll sideways?

This could perhaps be done in an easy way: If no program is linked to right->left or left->right, it will just scroll instead of trying to launch a program? (Maybe it is already done this way?)

2) Make different approaches if you are on the home screen or somewhere else. Right now I really can't see the point for me personally, but maybe someone else could? :D

3) Kinetic scrolling and easy slow scrolling of course :)

I think that's all I can think of right now. Keep up the great work efrost!

Edit: Just got one more idea :p

4) Maybe if the borders of the part of the screen could be set manually (like the GestureWaitingDelay). In this way people with flush screens (like HTC Touch) could set it to a smaller amount, since it's easier to swipe from the border of the screen on such devices. Just an idea :)

Last edited:

efrost

Mar 31, 2007
Prague
So now you can decide whether the whole screen should be used for scrolling or part 1 for scrolling and part 2 for launching programs?

No. There are always 2 zones but both can be used for scrolling and just Zone2 for launching.

Maybe it could be possible to decide which areas of part 2 (the launch part of the screen) you would like to use? For instance, if you only want up->down to close programs and down->up to launch a program cube, you could decide not to use the left and right part of part 2 of the screen, which perhaps would make it easier to scroll sideways?

This could perhaps be done in an easy way: If no program is linked to right->left or left->right, it will just scroll instead of trying to launch a program? (Maybe it is already done this way?)

It is done exactly this way + if you'll not be in time with gesture or gesture won't be recognized, scrolling function will be executed.

Thank you!

MTM

Oct 18, 2007
Copenhagen
It is done exactly this way + if you'll not be in time with gesture or gesture won't be recognized, scrolling function will be executed.
Okay, very nice :)

Then there's really just the kinetic and slow scrolling part left. And maybe the possibility of manually adjusting the borders?

That would really be the icing on the cake :D

maxlawbr

May 10, 2006
When I made the down up movement in zone 2, a flash lite message appears.

Unable to open URL: /Program Files/SCLPF/Cube Launcher 0-09.swf.

Does anybody knows how to solve it?

Thanks,

Max

efrost

Mar 31, 2007
Prague
When I made the down up movement in zone 2, a flash lite message appears.

Unable to open URL: /Program Files/SCLPF/Cube Launcher 0-09.swf.

Does anybody knows how to solve it?

Thanks,

Max

Hi! You should have this file or you can configure different application to be started with Down->Up gesture. Check "Configuration" section in the first post.

Thank you!

ArrO

Jan 18, 2007
Hi thank a lot for this amazing app today i installed Ftouchflo 04 b and loved that already just now i installed v1 and i am totally amazed
only one thing i cannot invoke the normal cube , if it is also possible with your app please tell me what to do.
maybe it is something to do with the (normal touchflo) what was embedded in my rom?
how can i get rid of that?

leszcz2

Jul 21, 2007
Why there is a differens with slash / in the line :UpDownApp:\ and line: DownUpApp:/

; FTouchFlo configuration file
Delay:100
GestureWaitingDelay:500

UpDownApp:\Windows\MobileCalculator.exe
UpDownAppCmdLine:

DownUpApp:/Windows/saplaywm.exe
DownUpAppCmdLine:/Program Files/SCLPF/Cube Launcher 0-09.swf

LeftRightApp:/Windows/tmail.exe
LeftRightAppCmdLine:

RightLeftApp:/Storage Card/Program files/Total Commander/cecmd.exe
RightLeftAppCmdLine:

efrost

Mar 31, 2007
Prague
Hi thank a lot for this amazing app today i installed Ftouchflo 04 b and loved that already just now i installed v1 and i am totally amazed
only one thing i cannot invoke the normal cube , if it is also possible with your app please tell me what to do.
maybe it is something to do with the (normal touchflo) what was embedded in my rom?
how can i get rid of that?

Hmm.. Good question. Do you know some exe or lnk file which starts "normal" cube? If yes, you should assign it to one of gestures. If you don't know, I hope somebody will help with it. :) I didn't have in my hands a PDA with real TouchFlo and I don't have any idea how to launch cube. :)

Thank you!

efrost

Mar 31, 2007
Prague
Why there is a differens with slash / in the line :UpDownApp:\ and line: DownUpApp:/

; FTouchFlo configuration file
Delay:100
GestureWaitingDelay:500

UpDownApp:\Windows\MobileCalculator.exe
UpDownAppCmdLine:

DownUpApp:/Windows/saplaywm.exe
DownUpAppCmdLine:/Program Files/SCLPF/Cube Launcher 0-09.swf

LeftRightApp:/Windows/tmail.exe
LeftRightAppCmdLine:

RightLeftApp:/Storage Card/Program files/Total Commander/cecmd.exe
RightLeftAppCmdLine:

It's just doesn't matter. Windows accepts both slashes. Don't worry!

observer365

Apr 10, 2007
I have installed v1.0 into the device itself and when I run the FTouch, my device froze...I have to do soft reset after that. And then i uninstalled and reinstalled the problem remains...please any idea ?

efrost

Mar 31, 2007
Prague
I have installed v1.0 into the device itself and when I run the FTouch, my device froze...I have to do soft reset after that. And then i uninstalled and reinstalled the problem remains...please any idea ?

Hi! Have you tried one of FTouchFlo Alphas? Are they work on your device?
BTW, which device you have?

Thank you!

elgreek84

Jul 6, 2007
Oh my! Two 1.0 versions in 1 day, this must be x-mas! Installed it and worked without a hitch, I love the 2 zone implementation, I tried it with Slither's new cube and it's almost TOO good. I just don't know what to say. Thank you, amazing. truly.