[Kernel]Golden Monkey 1.1 (31-July-2011)

Search This thread

netarchy

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, TX
github.com
Holy crap, netarchy is still alive!? Yes, yes I am.
Despite the many rumors of my untimely demise by the hands of hordes of lust-stricken women, I am yet still standing. ;D

Once upon a time there was this company that made phones called HTC.
Now HTC had this habit of making pretty neat phones and then being absolutely crap about releasing source code. Oh wait, I said "had" when I really meant BLOODY HAS.

So now that HTC has FINALLY released gingersense sources after much ado, I bring to you the initial release of a kernel that is named after the variety of tea I was drinking
at the time I decided it would be a good idea to come up with a name for this bloody thing: Golden Monkey (which is an awesome tea btw).

Current things of interest:
- Overclocking and static undervolting
- CIFS
- TUN
- TinyRCU

It's early yet, and there is a lot more stuff due to be added in the coming days, but as I just couldn't put this down until I at least put up *something* for you guys, I'm
giving you this early build to play with.

It turns out that while these builds are aimed at gingersense, they may also work on CM7 and other AOSP-based roms (your mileage may vary, I make no guarantees ;D)

Are there bugs? Yes probably ;D Consider this a preview for the moment.

Downloads:

These builds may not be compatible with all roms, as some rom developers are taking it upon themselves to do some heavy modification of basic system layouts. Your mileage may vary.

Current Version: 1.1

Golden Monkey 1.1 (Universal)

If you are using one of the Synergy rom nightlies (and ONLY the nightlies) you may need to use this version:

Golden Monkey 1.1 (Synergy Nightlies ONLY)

Last edited:

jessesse

Feb 12, 2010
KC
Nice buddy! :)
Thanks for everything!
camera on cm7 is white-screen
(Aosp) I figured it was worth a shot.
I will definitely use with sense!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

AbsolutZeroGI

Oct 28, 2010
C-Bus
In a matter of weeks I will be able to say goodbye to FroYo forever!!!

CFS-Havs-More-SBC please :)

I simply cannot wait, sir!

I POSTED TWEETS TO HTC FOR THIS!!!!

Reactions: djdisturbed

djdisturbed

May 31, 2010
Graham, NC
So now that HTC has FINALLY released gingersense sources after much ado, I bring to you the initial release of a kernel that is named after the variety of tea I was drinking
at the time I decided it would be a good idea to come up with a name for this bloody thing: Golden Monkey (which is an awesome tea btw).

Golden Monkey is also the name of a VERY good craft beer Brewed by Victory Brewing Company

That being said, Really looking forward to the SBC ver of this with the HAVS stuff done! also can't an't wait untill smartass and powersave are added for over/underclocking!

Great work Net, Thanks allot for this!

cmonsterf50

Jan 26, 2011
Oregon
I am sad ... kernel broke my WiFi on MikG 2.41. However I know this is early and changes will come ... so I wait ...

GeneralSky2004

Apr 19, 2011
Despite the many rumors of my untimely demise by the hands of hordes of lust-stricken women, I am yet still standing. ;D

Now HTC had this habit of making pretty neat phones and then being absolutely crap about releasing source code. Oh wait, I said "had" when I really meant BLOODY HAS.

- CIFS
- TUN

It's early yet, and there is a lot more stuff due to be added in the coming days, but as I just couldn't put this down until I at least put up *something* for you guys, I'm

It turns out that while these builds are aimed at gingersense, they may also work on CM7 and other AOSP-based roms (your mileage may vary, I make no guarantees ;D)

Downloads:

Current Version: 1.0

Golden Monkey 1.0 (Universal)

If you are using one of the Synergy rom nightlies (and ONLY the nightlies) you may need to use this version:

Golden Monkey 1.0 (Synergy Nightlies ONLY)
Lmao. So funny. Thanks for the kernel. You are awesome. :)

Edit- Flashed it and everything is fine, except my WiFi is gone. On Synergy RC2 W/ God Mode.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- CIFS
    - TUN
    - TinyRCU

Downloads:

These builds may not be compatible with all roms, as some rom developers are taking it upon themselves to do some heavy modification of basic system layouts. Your mileage may vary.

Current Version: 1.1

Golden Monkey 1.1 (Universal)

Golden Monkey 1.1 (Synergy Nightlies ONLY)
    Code:
    Changelog:
    Revision 1.1
    - Fix a scaling bug that would prevent some overclocking frequencies from showing up
    - Set Tiny RCU in config

Revision 1.0
    - Initial release
    - Enable overclocking
    - Add CIFS and TUN
    reserving this post as well
    ...and reserving this one
    Right. Initial build up, I'm going to bed now. ;D