[APP] OnLive Helper

Search This thread

hatcyl

Nov 30, 2008
OnLive is on the Android Market!
AND IT SUPPORTS XPERIA PLAY CONTROLS!

I WILL NO LONGER DEVELOP FOR THE APP
But it does not support Xperia Play game pad. So until support is added I've made an app...

OnLive Helper

LATEST
  • Added option to toggle between between an alternate profile.
  • Added option to donate and remove ads.
  • Added alternate key functionality.

Link:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.hatcyl.android.OnLiveHelper

Price:
Free with ads in the configuration menu.

Description:
This app will technically work with any phone! Visit the official thread to discuss!

This application will enable Xperia Play users to use the game pad to play games using the OnLive Service.

Currently only "LEGO Batman" and "Dirt 3" are included.

You can create your own custom profiles or use community created ones. Please visit the official thread on XDA for more information.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1382899

Usage:
1. No Root Is Required.
2. To enable this app, you must change the Input Method Service to "OnLive Helper"
3. You can have the input method screen automatically come up when you open or close your keyboard by checking "Auto Prompt" in the options.

Custom Mode
You can now create custom profiles.
All phones should be supported (not just Xperia Play)
You create them by using Android KeyCodes: http://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/KeyEvent.html
To create a custom profile:
1. Create a txt file, name it anything (it does NOT need the .txt extension).
2. In line 1 type the keycodes you want to press.
3. In line 2 type the keycodes you want it to do. If you map a key to -1 then it will go to the third line to translate key presses until you release it. If you map a key to -2 then it will go to the fourth line to translate until you push it again.
4. In line 3 type alternate key codes.
5. In line 4 type the key codes that the app will toggle to.
5. Save that file to /sdcard/Android/data/com.hatcyl.android.OnLiveHelper/files
6. That "profile" will now appear in the settings.

Notes:
I've attached a sample file (Lego Batman) and a "Template" file for the noobs.
If you create a profile, share it here!
Some buttons like ESCAPE, MOUSE BUTTONS, etc. are not supported. They were not added into Android until a later version. I will see if there is anything we can do (at least for root users) if anyone knows please share!

Coming Later Maybe, No Promises
  • Mouse Support + More Keys Support (Maybe just for ROOT users)
  • Maybe a way to emulate the OnLive Controller instead of keyboard.
  • Support for touch pads.
  • An option for multiple profiles in one (i.e. press a button to change button mapping quickly) - DONE
  • An option for an "Alt" key, so if you press two buttons at once it does something else. - DONE
  • Something about international keyboards, if I can figure out what ps3taker is talking about.
  • A way to create custom profiles from within the app.
  • Some kind of In App purchase for some reason. - DONE

Attachments

• TEMPLATE.txt
    187 bytes · Views: 235
Last edited:

bubblegumballoon

May 8, 2011
Swansea
Waw this looks promising, I will try this in a few minutes!

One suggestion I have is could you make a list of all the xperia plays buttons and let users assign any keyboard button to that xperia button.

For example on the list of keys would be the X button, I then click on the xbutton and get a whole list of keyboard keys to choose from which I can assign to the X button.

I know thats a bit of a confusing explanation but I think you know what I mean. :)

EDIT: Your app works great, I dont know why something like this hasn't been made before. an app like this could also be used to make the xperia play work with flash games too.

Last edited:

Selim873

Apr 8, 2011
Heck yes! This will do until it's official. :) Analog sticks would be amazing, but I noticed that your program syncs the buttons to keyboard strokes, like wsad on the dpad, nice idea! :)

hatcyl

Nov 30, 2008

One suggestion I have is could you make a list of all the xperia plays buttons and let users assign any keyboard button to that xperia button.

For example on the list of keys would be the X button, I then click on the xbutton and get a whole list of keyboard keys to choose from which I can assign to the X button.

I know thats a bit of a confusing explanation but I think you know what I mean. :)

EDIT: Your app works great, I dont know why something like this hasn't been made before. an app like this could also be used to make the xperia play work with flash games too.

Yeah, that's going to be custom mode.

should be easy enough...

Sent from my R800x using XDA App

bubblegumballoon

May 8, 2011
Swansea

should be easy enough...

Cool I really hope you can make it happen. :D

I think custom mode should be top priority because then users can play any games without having to wait for you to add profiles, Also another good idea could be for users to make thier own custom profiles, but this app is still in its early stages so maybe im thinking too far ahead haha.

Oh and I clicked on an ad to support you :)

Reactions: murat17

poo-tang

Nov 21, 2011
www.xperiagamer.com
You need to set onlive helper as your default android keyboard, enable it in the settings then go into the text app or something and change it to your default input method.

yeah cheers that worked the text message thing, hold down on the message and select input. But he needs to make another setting menu in with the onlive helper method tick box like the sixaxis app and wiimotes. and also let people know on the discription.

hatcyl

Nov 30, 2008
yeah cheers that worked the text message thing, hold down on the message and select input. But he needs to make another setting menu in with the onlive helper method tick box like the sixaxis app and wiimotes. and also let people know on the discription.

It's step two.
But I'm glad it worked.
There seems to be real interest in this app so I'll make sure to update it on the weekend...

Reactions: Erikwithafro

hatcyl

Nov 30, 2008

I think custom mode should be top priority because then users can play any games without having to wait for you to add profiles, Also another good idea could be for users to make thier own custom profiles, but this app is still in its early stages so maybe im thinking too far ahead haha.

Thanks, I really appreciate it ... I got 4 cents :)

And yes I really want custom profiles ... But I need to figure out if I can do something about the mouse.

hatcyl

Nov 30, 2008

poo-tang

Nov 21, 2011
www.xperiagamer.com

And yes I really want custom profiles ... But I need to figure out if I can do something about the mouse.

Don't know if will help but someone tried making an app that used the touch pads as trackball to control a mouse on internet browser its on a page in here somewhere. I also tried another game without touch pad support on onlive and the mouse was emulated on the touch screen. or paul that made mupen64 plus has touch pad control values and codes on his site and recons they can be added to most emus why not this, i understand they would only work as digital button presses as you are only mapping to the keyboard but would free up extra buttons for others. Hope this helps.

Sent from my R800TED bad boy using XDA App

Last edited:

bubblegumballoon

May 8, 2011
Swansea
I dont think you can use the touch pads with this method, maybe with some sort of complex root app you could but this is essentially a virtual keyboard so I think getting mouse support is not possible.

poo-tang

Nov 21, 2011
www.xperiagamer.com
I dont think you can use the touch pads with this method, maybe with some sort of complex root app you could but this is essentially a virtual keyboard so I think getting mouse support is not possible.

i know it would not be analogue but he could use the touch pads as the d pad just like the sixaxis app uses sticks and sonys ps ports app type 4 setting to map the d-pad on a keyboard, then the other buttons would be free for others. Also why would you need root apps like mupen64plus use the touchpads it is not a virtual keyboard he is mapping to its a hardware keyboard if you notice square and trangle are really say x and y on a qwerty keyboard hes just changing them to say a and b. so why could he not fool the touchpad into thinking it was a trackball or mouse. I maybe wrong but was an idea.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OnLive is on the Android Market!
    AND IT SUPPORTS XPERIA PLAY CONTROLS!

I WILL NO LONGER DEVELOP FOR THE APP
    But it does not support Xperia Play game pad. So until support is added I've made an app...

OnLive Helper

LATEST
    • Added option to toggle between between an alternate profile.
    • Added option to donate and remove ads.
    • Added alternate key functionality.

Link:
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.hatcyl.android.OnLiveHelper

Price:
    Free with ads in the configuration menu.

Description:
    This app will technically work with any phone! Visit the official thread to discuss!

This application will enable Xperia Play users to use the game pad to play games using the OnLive Service.

Currently only "LEGO Batman" and "Dirt 3" are included.

You can create your own custom profiles or use community created ones. Please visit the official thread on XDA for more information.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1382899

Usage:
    1. No Root Is Required.
    2. To enable this app, you must change the Input Method Service to "OnLive Helper"
    3. You can have the input method screen automatically come up when you open or close your keyboard by checking "Auto Prompt" in the options.

Custom Mode
    You can now create custom profiles.
    All phones should be supported (not just Xperia Play)
    You create them by using Android KeyCodes: http://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/KeyEvent.html
    To create a custom profile:
    1. Create a txt file, name it anything (it does NOT need the .txt extension).
    2. In line 1 type the keycodes you want to press.
    3. In line 2 type the keycodes you want it to do. If you map a key to -1 then it will go to the third line to translate key presses until you release it. If you map a key to -2 then it will go to the fourth line to translate until you push it again.
    4. In line 3 type alternate key codes.
    5. In line 4 type the key codes that the app will toggle to.
    5. Save that file to /sdcard/Android/data/com.hatcyl.android.OnLiveHelper/files
    6. That "profile" will now appear in the settings.

Notes:
    I've attached a sample file (Lego Batman) and a "Template" file for the noobs.
    If you create a profile, share it here!
    Some buttons like ESCAPE, MOUSE BUTTONS, etc. are not supported. They were not added into Android until a later version. I will see if there is anything we can do (at least for root users) if anyone knows please share!

Coming Later Maybe, No Promises
    • Mouse Support + More Keys Support (Maybe just for ROOT users)
    • Maybe a way to emulate the OnLive Controller instead of keyboard.
    • Support for touch pads.
    • An option for multiple profiles in one (i.e. press a button to change button mapping quickly) - DONE
    • An option for an "Alt" key, so if you press two buttons at once it does something else. - DONE
    • Something about international keyboards, if I can figure out what ps3taker is talking about.
    • A way to create custom profiles from within the app.
    • Some kind of In App purchase for some reason. - DONE

should be easy enough...

should be easy enough...

It's step two.
    But I'm glad it worked.
    There seems to be real interest in this app so I'll make sure to update it on the weekend...