[ROM] [5.1] ROM+KERNEL AOSP bionic/graphite - Liscio Fast Forward

Search This thread

GeyerA

Apr 6, 2009
Germany, Gerolzhofen
Hi, based on former experience I am happy to present 4.4.3 Liscio Fast Forward. Few modifications which were carefully chosen. Feel free to post your feature request here but be aware this will always stay as close as possible to stock.

Please flash this with Gapps of your choice. I used BaNkS (GApps.Core)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2012857

My Github to access the source:
https://github.com/GeyerA

Downloads and feature list in the second post; and for screenshots, have a look at the third post.

I can not take any responsibility damaging your device or alarm clock which will not come off. If you decide to flash my ROM, you are getting responsible yourself. Have a functioning Nandroid in case something goes wrong.

XDA:DevDB Information
Calos Lollipop, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
GeyerA
ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2014-01-14
Beta Release Date: 2014-01-11

Created 2014-01-11
Last Updated 2015-03-23

Last edited:

GeyerA

Apr 6, 2009
Germany, Gerolzhofen
Feature list and Credit

Kernel - STOCK AOSP

BitSkyo Google +
https://plus.google.com/communities/102261717366580091389

Chris Hale's Google + (Playstation softbuttons)
https://plus.google.com/+chrishale/posts/f51BfX8XnL1

Download 5.0.2_r1 Version LRX22G 2015-02-27

Launcher3
Embedded SU - works with Superuser
Apollo
CMFileManager
DSPManager
BusyBox, Zip and Unrar from CM
Own system tweak category
Status bar native battery percent
Kill app long press back
Volume key adjust sound
Navigation bar custom height
Clear all recents
Quick settings pulldown
Volume wake
LED setting
Battery light setting (also commit in kernel)
Status bar brightness control
Changed battery font (sans-serif)
Fix mobile location issue
Screenshot quick delete button
Status bar clock and date customisations
Second in clock
Network stat indicator
Weather in status bar; moved to left to make space for screen-off button
Browser fc fixed
Quick unlock and key pad shuffle
Embedded Android Kernel Tweaker
IME selector notification toggle
Ad blocker
QuickSettings: Add long click support & add Data Tile
Volume rocker music controls
Eleven music player (with android_visualiser)
Clear all recents mod (FAB fade in/out)
CM style customisation of qs toggles
Long click on tiles
Haptic feedback on tiles
Notification light when screen on
Advanced location quick setting
Configurable rotation (0, 90. 180, 270)
Bionic optimisation
Visualiser tile
Screen-off tile
Expanded desktop tile with options
DSP and Eleven
BitSkyo Layers support
Use O3 optimisations flag
Krait tuning option
Modular graphite option
Strict aliasing option
Remove dalvik
http://sourceforge.net/projects/makobuild/files/GeyerA_aosp_mako-ota-2015-02-27.zip/download

Download 5.1.1_r13 Version LVY48E 2015-08-16

Last edited:

GeyerA

Apr 6, 2009
Germany, Gerolzhofen
Reserved for screenshots; those are from my Hammer since I do not have the device

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-11-15-46-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-11-15-46-40.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 6,469
  • Screenshot_2015-01-14-09-51-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-14-09-51-09.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 6,285
  • Screenshot_2015-01-14-20-52-43.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-14-20-52-43.png
    210.8 KB · Views: 6,330
  • Screenshot_2015-01-11-15-07-39.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-11-15-07-39.png
    144.1 KB · Views: 6,147
  • Screenshot_2015-01-10-10-27-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-10-10-27-55.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 6,077
  • Screenshot_2014-12-15-22-44-02.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-15-22-44-02.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 6,051
  • Screenshot_2015-01-05-10-22-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-05-10-22-19.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 5,921
Last edited:

Flak

Feb 18, 2006
Root doesn't seem to be working, went in to superuser and tried flipping it disabled and then back to app and adb with no luck. Flashed the latest SuperSU in the meantime. Otherwise so far so good, and it is probably the fastest/most fluid rom I've tried ART on so far.

LOL, and it put me back to stock recovery... Ahh, not sure if you meant to leave it in there, but stock recovery is in the rom zip.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeyerA

GeyerA

Apr 6, 2009
Germany, Gerolzhofen
Root doesn't seem to be working, went in to superuser and tried flipping it disabled and then back to app and adb with no luck. Flashed the latest SuperSU in the meantime. Otherwise so far so good, and it is probably the fastest/most fluid rom I've tried ART on so far.

LOL, and it put me back to stock recovery... Ahh, not sure if you meant to leave it in there, but stock recovery is in the rom zip.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. Interesting about the root and stock recovery. Anybody else having these issues? I had a look and found the same source tree after compilation than in my Hammerhead folder....did you open a Terminal and executed $su to see if the superuser is working? I usually do and found no issues. I will check and see what other users say..

Last edited:

GeyerA

Apr 6, 2009
Germany, Gerolzhofen
Hi, updated one line in the Android.mk for the Superuser. New version is up and can be downloaded. Hope improves your issues on SU. I have none on my Hammer.....:(

UPDATE - SU is not working. Just compiling new version. Give me 30 minutes.

Last edited:

beskalL

Jan 2, 2014
How is the battery life on this? Are you using stock kernel?

CaN this be run on dalvik as I'm using xposed modules

Last edited:

Flak

Feb 18, 2006
Hi, new version is up. Many thanks to MotoFlasher to point out the SU issue precisely. One line in the vendor file was missing - SUPERUSER_EMBEDDED := true
Please feedback if ok now - Nice Sunday :)

Stock recovery is still in the zip file, unless I'm totally off base here... But it did put me back to stock recovery again.
And I still get a Sorry test failed, feature cannot run on your device when I try to activate Root access in things like ES File Explorer.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 517

GeyerA

Apr 6, 2009
Germany, Gerolzhofen
Stock recovery is still in the zip file, unless I'm totally off base here... But it did put me back to stock recovery again.
And I still get a Sorry test failed, feature cannot run on your device when I try to activate Root access in things like ES File Explorer.

Hi, nevermind on the recovery. You will stay on what you had before. For the root, did you download the latest version? I can compile from scratch in case the modification was not implemented. I am just puzzled since I had 0 problems on my Hammerhead build (and old Mako 4.2.2).

Flak

Feb 18, 2006
Hi, nevermind on the recovery. You will stay on what you had before. For the root, did you download the latest version? I can compile from scratch in case the modification was not implemented. I am just puzzled since I had 0 problems on my Hammerhead build (and old Mako 4.2.2).

No, in terms of recovery, when I flashed the rom it also flashed stock recovery. So, it got rid of CWM and put me on stock recovery. And yes, I downloaded the latest rom and still had root issues.

GeyerA

Apr 6, 2009
Germany, Gerolzhofen
No, in terms of recovery, when I flashed the rom it also flashed stock recovery. So, it got rid of CWM and put me on stock recovery. And yes, I downloaded the latest rom and still had root issues.

Hi, I do not know how to help as I never had recovery problems on my ROMs. I also re-compiled and flashed on my Hammerhead and recovery remained TWRP...hope other users can report something. I also pm'ed you to get more information. I recommend you flash Googles 4.4.2 factory image and then TWRP and my ROM (or any other ROM). Then the baseline should be ok. Head up, it can not be a big issue... :)

pcs333

Jul 20, 2005
Hi, I do not know how to help as I never had recovery problems on my ROMs. I also re-compiled and flashed on my Hammerhead and recovery remained TWRP...hope other users can report something. I also pm'ed you to get more information. I recommend you flash Googles 4.4.2 factory image and then TWRP and my ROM (or any other ROM). Then the baseline should be ok. Head up, it can not be a big issue... :)

I have had no issues with my recovery being wiped. I am using milti-rom though if that makes a difference.

Great rom by the way. I love the smoothness.
It just feels slightly smoother than other roms when scrolling in google+ and the xda app, and I havent switched to art yet. :)

nsdapm27

Feb 21, 2012
Hey sir I've been trying several Roms all of them fast but this one has a slight advantage, I am liking it very much, will you add any more features that won't sacrifice the speed, is cm theming possible on aosp?

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Oh I failed to mention there is one issue that I'm having, my GPS won't locate locations, so navigation is not working, but has always worked on other Roms, anyone else experiencing this? Is it possible to include LTE to permanently stay and is it possible to change the 4g icon to LTE

pcs333

Jul 20, 2005
Hey sir I've been trying several Roms all of them fast but this one has a slight advantage, I am liking it very much, will you add any more features that won't sacrifice the speed, is cm theming possible on aosp?

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Oh I failed to mention there is one issue that I'm having, my GPS won't locate locations, so navigation is not working, but has always worked on other Roms, anyone else experiencing this? Is it possible to include LTE to permanently stay and is it possible to change the 4g icon to LTE

Yeah weather location don't work either. I had to manually add location to the genie news and weather widget.

GeyerA

Apr 6, 2009
Germany, Gerolzhofen
Yeah weather location don't work either. I had to manually add location to the genie news and weather widget.

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. First of all, does the embedded superuser work?
I will look into the location problem......

Update: Checked location on my Hammerhead and works. Since we use the same source tree, I suppose should work on Mako too. If really not, I need to change the vendor files.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-13-06-38-53.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-13-06-38-53.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:

nsdapm27

Feb 21, 2012
I think it may not be working because I can't use root access on file manager, as far as GPS, it worked when I was outside so it may not be an issue but it normally works when I'm inside as well

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, based on former experience I am happy to present 4.4.3 Liscio Fast Forward. Few modifications which were carefully chosen. Feel free to post your feature request here but be aware this will always stay as close as possible to stock.

Please flash this with Gapps of your choice. I used BaNkS (GApps.Core)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2012857

My Github to access the source:
    https://github.com/GeyerA

Downloads and feature list in the second post; and for screenshots, have a look at the third post.

I can not take any responsibility damaging your device or alarm clock which will not come off. If you decide to flash my ROM, you are getting responsible yourself. Have a functioning Nandroid in case something goes wrong.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Calos Lollipop, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
    GeyerA
    ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2014-01-14
    Beta Release Date: 2014-01-11

Created 2014-01-11
    Last Updated 2015-03-23
    Feature list and Credit

Kernel - STOCK AOSP

BitSkyo Google +
    https://plus.google.com/communities/102261717366580091389

Chris Hale's Google + (Playstation softbuttons)
    https://plus.google.com/+chrishale/posts/f51BfX8XnL1

Download 5.0.2_r1 Version LRX22G 2015-02-27

Launcher3
    Embedded SU - works with Superuser
    Apollo
    CMFileManager
    DSPManager
    BusyBox, Zip and Unrar from CM
    Own system tweak category
    Status bar native battery percent
    Kill app long press back
    Volume key adjust sound
    Navigation bar custom height
    Clear all recents
    Quick settings pulldown
    Volume wake
    LED setting
    Battery light setting (also commit in kernel)
    Status bar brightness control
    Changed battery font (sans-serif)
    Fix mobile location issue
    Screenshot quick delete button
    Status bar clock and date customisations
    Second in clock
    Network stat indicator
    Weather in status bar; moved to left to make space for screen-off button
    Browser fc fixed
    Quick unlock and key pad shuffle
    Embedded Android Kernel Tweaker
    IME selector notification toggle
    Ad blocker
    QuickSettings: Add long click support & add Data Tile
    Volume rocker music controls
    Eleven music player (with android_visualiser)
    Clear all recents mod (FAB fade in/out)
    CM style customisation of qs toggles
    Long click on tiles
    Haptic feedback on tiles
    Notification light when screen on
    Advanced location quick setting
    Configurable rotation (0, 90. 180, 270)
    Bionic optimisation
    Visualiser tile
    Screen-off tile
    Expanded desktop tile with options
    DSP and Eleven
    BitSkyo Layers support
    Use O3 optimisations flag
    Krait tuning option
    Modular graphite option
    Strict aliasing option
    Remove dalvik
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/makobuild/files/GeyerA_aosp_mako-ota-2015-02-27.zip/download

Download 5.1.1_r13 Version LVY48E 2015-08-16
    Reserved for screenshots; those are from my Hammer since I do not have the device
    Hi guys, 4.4.4 version with floating window (next is Hover) is up. Second and third post are updated. You get to floating by long-click on the notification in the status bar; check the screenshots for one example in recents. Have fun :)

Hi, just wanted to upload the new version with PEEK, blacklist in preparation for Hover and found 58 downloads of the current version but not a single person hit "thanks" here........neither fed back the experience....:confused:
    Hi folks, new build is up. Added BitSkyos Layer support.
    If you have questions, head over to Lichtis thread (http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/development/rom-terminus-t2986564). He already made a lot on the Layers and can surely help you out.
    Also, go to BitSkyos Google + page - I placed a link in second post.

BTW, last build had 47 downloads in less than one week but not a single thanks button. I also got no complain here so assume we made a good job and all works fine. Thanks buttons are the sole tool for recognition so either get over you and use it or go and freeze in h....