5th wifi on UK firmware?

Search This thread

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
So I got my new note 12.2 on Friday (finally traded in my 2014 for it) and rooted it on Saturday. After a misshap with a file mod for external sd permissions I got a lot of failures and had to flash with Odin back to stock. I am US but downloaded the UK firmware from Sammobile since I didn't see the US firmware. After rerooting and doing the sdcard write permission change correctly this time I have notice that the tablet will not see my 5ghz wifi band. Only the 2ghz band is visible. Can anyone with a UK tablet or firmware confirm if this is something specific to the firmware or has anyone who has done the platform.xml mod confirm if they also lost 5ghz bands over wifi? Hopefully I can troubleshoot this without flashing random firmwares to find a fix. As always thanks for any help.

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium HD app

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
Have you tried using a different 5GHz channel on your router? My Nexus 10 always had issues with some of the channels the router's Auto setting was choosing.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Android.Ninja

Jan 3, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
So I got my new note 12.2 on Friday (finally traded in my 2014 for it) and rooted it on Saturday. After a misshap with a file mod for external sd permissions I got a lot of failures and had to flash with Odin back to stock. I am US but downloaded the UK firmware from Sammobile since I didn't see the US firmware. After rerooting and doing the sdcard write permission change correctly this time I have notice that the tablet will not see my 5ghz wifi band. Only the 2ghz band is visible. Can anyone with a UK tablet or firmware confirm if this is something specific to the firmware or has anyone who has done the platform.xml mod confirm if they also lost 5ghz bands over wifi? Hopefully I can troubleshoot this without flashing random firmwares to find a fix. As always thanks for any help.

Solved flashed a Thailand firmware

Glad to hear you got it fixed. The UK version of the software you downloaded does not include the 5 GHz wifi. For some reason they do not support it in the UK at this time. Anyways glad to hear you got it fixed already.

Developers don't need no stinkin' signature!
If I've been able to help you, please hit the "Thanks" button. ;)

Reactions: rxnplc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Solved flashed a Thailand firmware

Glad to hear you got it fixed. The UK version of the software you downloaded does not include the 5 GHz wifi. For some reason they do not support it in the UK at this time. Anyways glad to hear you got it fixed already.

Developers don't need no stinkin' signature!
    If I've been able to help you, please hit the "Thanks" button. ;)