HTC EVO 4G System files

Search This thread

romedundun

Sep 14, 2007
San Jose, CA
here you guys go..

i can upload to another provider, if needed..

hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/389762848/system.rar

sorry i can't link directly.. the board isn't allowing me to for some reason..

Devils1stBorn

Mar 29, 2010
Silmilar question, can someone explain what can we (or anyone) do with the Evo system files?

This is a great site, but us noobs are treated like...you know, noobs. lol

Noobs must be patient and see how it unfolds. Stay active reading the forums and keep noob questions to a minimum. Good thing is these guys have a sense of humor so my current approach won't offend anyone, at least my experience. I support these guys. Unfortunately, they have to deal with noobs every now and then. I've been interested in learning more about code simply because of the Android movement, time and life has made it a slow process.

I can't wait till these guys get Android over to TMOUS. I believe these system files may be the first step.

HEY DEVS! Entertain a noob question for a moment.

Some times you gotta yell ;)

snuphy

May 15, 2010
Syracuse
milspecanchors.com
Devs gotta eat too

Yes, I'm the noob. Is this the first step towards getting Android on HD2 TMOUS?

The first step is getting linux installed and working with all the drivers for the device (radio/video etc..) once that's working properly devs can start the android tackle. These drivers don't exist for this hardware so it's a rather long process of developing customer drivers for linux.

From what I've been reading there's some decent progress in this but there's no step by step process to making this happen. The best thing you can do is wait and donate to the devs working on this project. They gotta eat too :p

beachbum40

Dec 9, 2011
cincinnati
root and recovery im looking safe way to do so

can anyone link me to a place where i can get a safe root and recovery, I have bricked three htc evo v 4g in just two weeks. IM used to samsung and there much easer to root and put recovery on htc is very different to say the least but love the phone

lreyes

Jun 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Samsung Galaxy S22
can anyone link me to a place where i can get a safe root and recovery, I have bricked three htc evo v 4g in just two weeks. IM used to samsung and there much easer to root and put recovery on htc is very different to say the least but love the phone

Are you really bumping a really old thread for another Phone!? :confused:

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Reactions: VictoriousShooter

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Are you really bumping a really old thread for another Phone!? :confused:

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
    Do you know what folder the smelkus recovery is stored in? I"m going to delete it so I can flash a sprint update.

Recovery is not stored in a folder, it's a separate partition like /system and /data are. You have to have a stock recovery image to flash in order to revert which you should be able to do using fastboot. I don't have the OG anymore so I'm not sure what's available, but you might be best off running a RUU to get back to completely stock (it will also install the stock recovery).

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2