[ROM][22/07]- Wild Ginger – Gingerbread 2.3.4 AOSP – [DISCONTINUED]

Search This thread

h4oxer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2010
h4oxer.wordpress.com
This ROM is DISCONTINUED

I am sorry to say I don't find the time to further develop this ROM, if anyone wants to continue this ROM please do so. Just pm me and it's fine. Thanks for using this ROM and for your feedback. Maybe in the future I will begin a new ROM project. For now I am only developping a ROM Download Manager for the desktop, keep an eye on the portal ;).

Go check it out for screenshots and download :

http://h4oxer.wordpress.com/category/wild-ginger/

Last edited:
I have been using this ROM for the last hour or so. I did a backup, clean wipe and fresh flash. I have let the new ROM settle and have done a manual reeboot also.

I am a humble end-user and not a dev but thought that I would give a breakdown of some of my first impressions and observations.

I like the boot annimation alot, I also like the lock screen. Both look clean.

I like the orange font used in the status bar and the pull down menu although the "Wild Ginger" wording in the drop down menu is very blury and looks ugly.

The window transistions are smooth as you like but don't feel snappy quick.

I think the new honeycomb launcher is a nice touch but doesn't seem as intuative as the regular launchers such as ADW; maybe it's because I'm not used to honeycomb yet.

My main gripe about the Honeycomb launcher is that it force closes ALL the time. I have been trying to remove the Google search bar widget that is pre-loaded on screen after first boot and it is impossible (and the widgets aren't even locked to desktop). Also I can't ADD any additional widgets - you can select a widget to add but nothing happens!

From the main screen, waiting for the menu to appear takes about 5seconds which is an age. The "Personalise Honeycomb" menu doesn't fit the whole screen and you can see thick band of the desktop down the right of the screen which is ugly.Once in the preferences menu it isn't at all clear what you are meant to do... You can see the "Apply Settings" button but it took me tapping about the rest of the screen to finally make the actual preferance choices appear.

I have tested inbound and outbound calls and wifi both work as standard. The music player has nice interface, camera works and stock browser is fine. I don't like the dark blue highlight that appears when you press on an app icon it looks clumsy.

The numbers 1,2 and 3 are almost cut in half in the dialer and the green phone "call" icon doesn't seem to fit in it's area neatly.

I like H4oxer's work on this ROM and I hope it continues to get better but with these quite apparent bugs I will respectfully wait for an update before I continue to use this ROM.

Good Work tho!

Last edited:

h4oxer

Oct 25, 2010
h4oxer.wordpress.com
No it doesn't work..still looking into that...has something to do with gpu that we don't have!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App Premium

luxandroid

Feb 5, 2011
Osijek
OnePlus 8
why I cant see any progres in progres bar in recovery,says instaling update ...
(now no progres of writing files) and afther just 10-15 sec instal complete,is this normal? usualy can see progres and takes a bit longer

h4oxer

Oct 25, 2010
h4oxer.wordpress.com
Yes it's normal, I didn't payed attention at the progressbar while writing the updater file :p , but it works don't worry. It installs fast because it had not much apps on board. Just the essential.

rikee

Nov 11, 2007
Subotica
OK....first impressions are good. Startup in less than 4 minutes. Looking good. Everything is working out of the box, no force closing or similar problems. Nice themes, Market app is interesting
LCD density set to 115 and dialpad and everything else looks good

need to be done :)
- icons in status bar - phone signal at least
- trackpad wakeup
- sound on lock/unlock
- 6x5 icons is too much... 4x5 would be better in my opinion
- Home screen - same as above
- when LCD density changed no way to add widgets or apps to home screen

all in all very good rom, but need a little bit of fixing
cheeers

thuanngotau

Feb 10, 2009
Hải Phòng
OK....first impressions are good. Startup in less than 4 minutes. Looking good. Everything is working out of the box, no force closing or similar problems. Nice themes, Market app is interesting

- trackpad wakeup
- sound on lock/unlock

cheeers

Totally agree with u.
I hope that in next version it will have trackpad & volumes wakeup to ... protect our Wildfires' poor Power Buttons :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is DISCONTINUED

I am sorry to say I don't find the time to further develop this ROM, if anyone wants to continue this ROM please do so. Just pm me and it's fine. Thanks for using this ROM and for your feedback. Maybe in the future I will begin a new ROM project. For now I am only developping a ROM Download Manager for the desktop, keep an eye on the portal ;).

Go check it out for screenshots and download :

http://h4oxer.wordpress.com/category/wild-ginger/
    I have been using this ROM for the last hour or so. I did a backup, clean wipe and fresh flash. I have let the new ROM settle and have done a manual reeboot also.

I am a humble end-user and not a dev but thought that I would give a breakdown of some of my first impressions and observations.

I like the boot annimation alot, I also like the lock screen. Both look clean.

I like the orange font used in the status bar and the pull down menu although the "Wild Ginger" wording in the drop down menu is very blury and looks ugly.

The window transistions are smooth as you like but don't feel snappy quick.

I think the new honeycomb launcher is a nice touch but doesn't seem as intuative as the regular launchers such as ADW; maybe it's because I'm not used to honeycomb yet.

My main gripe about the Honeycomb launcher is that it force closes ALL the time. I have been trying to remove the Google search bar widget that is pre-loaded on screen after first boot and it is impossible (and the widgets aren't even locked to desktop). Also I can't ADD any additional widgets - you can select a widget to add but nothing happens!

From the main screen, waiting for the menu to appear takes about 5seconds which is an age. The "Personalise Honeycomb" menu doesn't fit the whole screen and you can see thick band of the desktop down the right of the screen which is ugly.Once in the preferences menu it isn't at all clear what you are meant to do... You can see the "Apply Settings" button but it took me tapping about the rest of the screen to finally make the actual preferance choices appear.

I have tested inbound and outbound calls and wifi both work as standard. The music player has nice interface, camera works and stock browser is fine. I don't like the dark blue highlight that appears when you press on an app icon it looks clumsy.

The numbers 1,2 and 3 are almost cut in half in the dialer and the green phone "call" icon doesn't seem to fit in it's area neatly.

I like H4oxer's work on this ROM and I hope it continues to get better but with these quite apparent bugs I will respectfully wait for an update before I continue to use this ROM.

Good Work tho!

- trackpad wakeup
    - sound on lock/unlock

cheeers
    Okay I am not able to release it today due to testing issues and still some dev problems , so far I changed : kernel, I edited the phone.apk so the buttons come out as they should, replaced the launcher (it's a surprise), and I am working on the trackball wake-up, it's giving me a hard time so patience is the message ! Probably this weekend I will roll out the ROM
    You'll have to wait 5-10 minutes... leave it for 10 minutes on first boot..