Search This thread

Abandoned-Trolley

Nov 10, 2008
Essex
Reactions: awf

Sikiduck

Aug 27, 2010
twitter.com
I don't think pouches, or soft pouches are a good idea for this phone.

I had one that I used for X10, but on XS, the sides were worn down, or they lost the matt color. This may be because the seams was went inwards, but I'm not sure.

But I loved using this soft pouch, so is there any soft pouches for XS with seams not facing inwards?

nvidia17

Mar 3, 2012
Got the Nilkin (the matte one, not the glossy one), the Rock Quicksand and that official Sony hardcase (http://www.gearzap.com/official-sony-xperia-s-hard-shell-case-black.html)

I'm very disappointed with the original one. It's almost impossible to take it off within 10 minutes without breaking it. Needless to say, I broke mine. Very fragile case while the Nilkin and Rock case offer about the same protection in a way easier and compact case.

I didn't like the material used in the official case either, it just doesn't have a nice feel to it. If I had to pick the odd one out and got hinted that the odd one out is a dealextreme case I'd pick the official hard case as it feels the cheapest overal.

I prefer the rock quicksand case simply because of it's texture, VERY prone to fingerprints and it just looks sexy and feels AMAZING in the hand. The Nilkin one isn't bad either, if I were to ever drop my S I'd hope i'll be using the Nilkin case when doing so. I swap between the 2 from time to time, I love change.

I would recommend the Rock and the Nilkin from ebay. I paid 18 euros for the official one, 10 for the rock and 10 for the nilkin. So I would not recommend the priciest one as it feels the cheapest in my opinion

technaudio

Jul 9, 2010
Got my 'official' roxfit case from clove yesterday... And it was already broken in the box!

It's a nice enough case, and is a pretty good fit, but the thin parts around the hdmi / volume rocker and power button (where it was broken) do feel rather flimsy and I personally don't think it'd hold out to well if dropped!

Curiously, this thin bit isn't there on the USB port side...

Sent from my LT26i using XDA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334499718376.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334499718376.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 276
Reactions: Nimche

technaudio

Jul 9, 2010
Broken bit :-S

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334500026564.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334500026564.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 256

Scratchling

Feb 10, 2012
Dublin
Still waiting on delivery of my nilkin. Paranoid about it falling on something hard(its already come down on grass). Need it now. Fecking HK taking Easter off :mad:

skifyr123

Mar 24, 2011
Republic City
Clove just uploaded some reviews of different cases, thought I should share the links here :)

Sony Xperia S Case-Mate Barely There Case Black - Official

Sony Xperia S Leather Flip Case - Official

Sony Xperia S Protective Shell Blue - Official

Sony Xperia S Case-Mate Barely There Case Pink

Sony Xperia S Case-Mate Barely There Case White

Sony Xperia S Case-Mate Barely There Case Black Smooth case (mix with silicone and hard shell case)

I would go for the "Smooth case" as it looks like it offers the most protection and looks better to hold.

Last edited:
Reactions: alsaqr and RiotRick

bustervic

Jan 26, 2010
Victoria
i just ordered the nilkin jelly silicon, looks even better tha nteh standard case: looks very futuristic and complements the xxperai s body, have a look, slightly more expensive though!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silicone-..._MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item231c49fa13

I got one and sending it back. Didn't like the fit, although the box was also deformed when it showed up so that might have contributed.

Also makes me hesitant to order the casemate smooth case as it may not fit as nicely either.

magikmichael

Jan 15, 2009
Arnhem
How can it not fit ? It's a TPU case.

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

Yeah maybe it needs some time to fit. I had an ultracheap tpu case from eBay for 2 dollars. At first it was a bit loose on the edges but after a day it fitted perfectly around the phone. I even had some trouble removing the case when my nillkin hardcase arrived.

Top Liked Posts