[ICS][AOKP/Gummy/CNA/CM9 Kang] Discussion Thread

Search This thread

endomatic

Feb 23, 2012
Anyone else notice that on Build 30.1 this compass sensors were spot on and on Build 31 they are way off (even after clean Odin install). I'm back on 30.1, waiting to see if it is just my phone or if the compass sensors got borked on 31.

I will also add that I'm due for an upgrade and it ain't gonna happen. This ROM is incredible!

Cheers to all involved

Stephen.k.spear

Jul 12, 2011
West Palm Beach
Anyone else notice that on Build 30.1 this compass sensors were spot on and on Build 31 they are way off (even after clean Odin install). I'm back on 30.1, waiting to see if it is just my phone or if the compass sensors got borked on 31.

I will also add that I'm due for an upgrade and it ain't gonna happen. This ROM is incredible!

Cheers to all involved

You need to use the glitched up builds. Download the most recent. The AOKP builds don't have the sensor fixes.

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.

endomatic

Feb 23, 2012
You need to use the glitched up builds. Download the most recent. The AOKP builds don't have the sensor fixes.

Stephen,
I am using your glitched up build (with the sweet bootani).
On build 31, my compass (multiple apps) won't orient correctly. The compass is moving but is not correct (even after multiple calibration attempts.
On 30.1(Glitched) all I have to do is calibrate once after flashing and it is rock solid from there on out. I thought it could be a dirty flash at first but I Odined back and did a clean install and get the same thing.
I'm not complaining because 30.1 is awesome so I'm content to sit and see if anyone else has the same issue.
Thanks for all of your hard work. I'm about ready to by you another six pack here shortly.

Cheers

Reactions: ssewk2x

ssewk2x

Oct 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Stephen,
I am using your glitched up build (with the sweet bootani).
On build 31, my compass (multiple apps) won't orient correctly. The compass is moving but is not correct (even after multiple calibration attempts.
On 30.1(Glitched) all I have to do is calibrate once after flashing and it is rock solid from there on out. I thought it could be a dirty flash at first but I Odined back and did a clean install and get the same thing.
I'm not complaining because 30.1 is awesome so I'm content to sit and see if anyone else has the same issue.
Thanks for all of your hard work. I'm about ready to by you another six pack here shortly.

Cheers

That's pretty odd. My compass wigged out on 30.1 and 31 also, but I was able to get it back with a single calibration.

I just did a data wipe and had a little difficulty getting my gps to work, but after poking at it a bit, I am now back to insta-lock indoors amongst craptons of interference.

fulaman

Jan 2, 2011
I get a low storage notification and I don't get it, I even tried this: http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s-i9000-remove-low-storage-notification-74467/

It was supposed to work on all Galaxy S variants, it sort of worked on mine, however now the Launcher and other apps/widgets no longer work (it's ok I will reflash the ROM). My main concern is that when I re-flash the ROM, the low storage notification will come back up once again. Any issues to correct the problem?

xain713

Jan 9, 2011
Try this one it worked for me
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1541942

------------------

So far b 31 is running great and food battery life for me as well xD i may need to replace my screen though ... dropped it again... I never fixed the first crack lol ...my phone has some battle scars poor thing :(
But amazingly it still works without a hitch :)
Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

fulaman

Jan 2, 2011
Try this one it worked for me
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1541942

------------------

So far b 31 is running great and food battery life for me as well xD i may need to replace my screen though ... dropped it again... I never fixed the first crack lol ...my phone has some battle scars poor thing :(
But amazingly it still works without a hitch :)

That's the exact same one I used but now Launcher isn't working and other Android Services aren't working as well.

xain713

Jan 9, 2011
Hmm that is odd I would start from a fresh Odin and follow the installation guide

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
Just wondered how folks battery life has been on the latest builds? Mine seems fair...I keep my brightness turned up past 50% most of the day, netting around 3-4hrs of screen on time. Oc @ 1200mhz with stock uv, but keep in mind Im using a epic 4g 1800mah battery... so subtract 6-8 hrs.

Glitched AOKP 31

neh4pres

Nov 22, 2010
Just wondered how folks battery life has been on the latest builds? Mine seems fair...I keep my brightness turned up past 50% most of the day, netting around 3-4hrs of screen on time. Oc @ 1200mhz with stock uv, but keep in mind Im using a epic 4g 1800mah battery... so subtract 6-8 hrs.

[IMG]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd289/kinglt1/Screenshot_2012-04-16-11-29-48.png[/IMG]

Glitched AOKP 31

I have never gotten that kind of life, sense dj05 anyway.. i just got that same battery.

endomatic

Feb 23, 2012
My battery life with the same battery is close but not quite that awesome. Running B32. Steve seems to have this thing dialed. I had compass problems with 31 but not now!

AuroEdge

Dec 17, 2010
Is the fast charge toggle affected by Rom Control > Performance > Fast Charge?

Edit: it is

Last edited:

XxStechxX

May 1, 2011
ND
Hey thanks totally didn't realize I could do that *228,,,,,1 thing!

Glitchy AOKP SCH-I500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

bwt_3

Dec 4, 2010
AOKP Questions

I just installed AOKP b32 after having been on CM7 for a while. It's great, though there are a couple of odd issues that have come up that I can't find solutions for:

1) Is there any way to disable haptic feedback for the app drawer shortcut in the launcher?

2) Since installing AOKP my device is no longer recognized by adb. I can't guarantee they're related but it does seem like quite a coincidence. I've already tried uninstalling the SDK and replacing it with the most recent version, and doing the same with the Samsung drivers, to no avail. I have checked that fast charging is turned off.

3) The 3/17 Gapps file doesn't seem to do anything even though CWM claims it's installed; I've had to download Maps, etc. from the market individually. Which is fine, but I've tried to install the Car Dock app from an older Gapps manually but without any success. I've tried installing the .apk from the file manager, and copied it into data/app/ through the terminal emulator. Is there any other way to install this manually and have it work?

Jay Evans

May 17, 2011
York, PA
3) The 3/17 Gapps file doesn't seem to do anything even though CWM claims it's installed; I've had to download Maps, etc. from the market individually. Which is fine, but I've tried to install the Car Dock app from an older Gapps manually but without any success. I've tried installing the .apk from the file manager, and copied it into data/app/ through the terminal emulator. Is there any other way to install this manually and have it work?

Maps is not in the 3/17 Gapps zip

There is no Google Car Dock for ICS AFAIK. Google has not updated the GB version to work with ICS as of yet.

Paxdad

Sep 5, 2011
Denver
On build 32 on my Fascinate I noticed I was unable to download a mms picture while on wifi. I had to switch over 3g to download. Anyone else seeing this? Any tweaking I can do to fix?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Paxdad

Sep 5, 2011
Denver
Here is my average battery life.
43a61693-3a77-55ee.jpg

43a61693-3a8a-567f.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334786546440.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334786546440.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 110
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334786573500.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334786573500.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 111

mezster

Mar 31, 2011
Iowa

I use the Google car home app in aokp and it works just fine. Found a flashable a zip somewhere a while back. When installing manually there are 2 apps - carhomegoogle.apk and carhomelauncher.apk. need both for it to work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    its built in glitch kernel...use terminal to access it. For the bazillionth time :p............type this below and make sure to hit enter after each entry:

"su"
    "callboost enable"

enter these numbers

This will give you a good starting point...

Thanks for giving a good starting point.. This is OP material

You know, if enough people have great success with those numbers, i might consider building them in as the kernel defaults...what do you all think?
    I must say that steve and team glitch are really doing amazing things on this device!!! The latest bigmem test.zip is freaking amazing to say the least..what little lag I was experiencing is now a thing of the past with 200+mb of ram free. I dont remember this much ram being available since powerwash froyo days. GOOD JOB FELLAS!!!!
    Long live the fascinate!
    Long live Team Glitch!

As a work-around for the Torch issue, download an app called Tiny Flashlight + LED from the market. Here's a link that I think will work: https://market.android.com/details?...1bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5kZXZ1bmkuZmxhc2hsaWdodCJd

It's top-notch. The strobe functionality and morse code stuff even works, which is a first on my Fascinate at least. I'll probably stick with this over the in-ROM torch app unless the latter starts working and knocks my socks off.
    thanks for the info
    yeah its a TW based rom and I have no idea what i'm getting into... how would i go about flashing? is there voodoo (or that doesnt work for these roms?)

No..there isn't a voodoo lag-fix...not needed....as these roms use ext4 as thier default filesystem, not the rfs that Samsung uses in touchwiz..there is voodoo sound support in the kernel...

Coming from touchwiz..it is a bit tricky....This rom must be flashed from the correct Recovery...meaning, u will need to ODIN the proper recvery, then flash the THS Buid 2, then this rom(and the glitch kernel and g-apps, if u want).

i recall some instructions being posted somewhere...but I need to do some digging around...unless some one else wants to post some...

EDIT:

Install:
    Use CMW fixed for CM7 ODIN.TAR or CMW.ZIP
    Flash the above mentioned recovery...
    Boot into recovery
    wipe Data
    Flash THS Build 2
    reboot recovery
    wipe data in CWM
    install AOKP rom
    install gapps
    instal glitch kernel(optional)
    reboot

Download THS build 2 and the AOKP rom and the CWM zip..put on sd card...you should be fine flashing the recovery zip in your current recovery...then selecting the option to reboot to recovery..u should then be in the new recovery u just flashed...then continue with the steps..

I believe this will work fine....be warned...I flashed ICS form CM7...so have a full ODIN file available in-case something messes up and u need to revert to stock or what ever and start again...FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    AOKP Milestone 4 Download

I am not sure why the official mirrors are down....hoping the rom wasn't pulled or something and it's just a server failure....so I am posting a link to download the rom from my dropbox..(hope that is ok)..don't want to get myself in-trouble....I will remove it if Stephen.k.spear (the OP of the rom) tells me too.

AOKP M4 Fascinate: GET IT HERE