[ROM] Rage 2.0 | AROMA | TouchWiz 4.3 Jelly Bean | T-Mo Stock Look | Custom Install | UVUEMJC

Search This thread

Talon25

Oct 5, 2010
[ROM] Rage 2.0 | AROMA | TouchWiz 4.3 Jelly Bean | T-Mo Stock Look | Custom Install | UVUEMJC

9tLZKKR.jpg

Welcome to RAGE Version 2.0

What is it? For all those wanting a stripped down stock T-Mobile ROM with Android 4.3 and TouchWiz - you've found your answer. Rage is a ROM for those that want to keep it as stock as possible, but want better performance, battery life, and unique user customization! Supports all carriers, just make sure you install the right modem for 4.3!

- Based on DocHoliday77's official T999 4.3 Release
- Includes AT&T Insecure Kernel (WiFi not working with T-Mo kernel currently)
- *NEW* Modems are removed and link provided so T999V/N/L users can use the rom with no worries
- AROMA added! Now, YOU are in charge with what comes with your ROM
Just download, flash, and customize your install!​

Features
- Rooted
- Deodexed
- Custom Install
- AROMA v2.70
- Based on Stock T999 TouchWiz 4.3
- Better Battery Life!
- WiFi Calling Enabled
- Faster Upload and Download Speeds
- Knox Free
- Bloatware Removed
- Build.prop Tweaks
- OTA Updates Disabled
- Tweaks and Fixes

Disclaimer
I am not responsible for a wrong application being installed, or a phone that bricks, explodes, melts, flies away, or the world seizes to exist from the excitement of using this ROM ;) Please be careful installing and follow instructions - Running it on my own device currently and it is working :)
Downloads

MD5 Checksum: 61c4e28d68b51a4a2729958cdd10ccd9

Previous Builds
Rage v1.0
MD5 Checksum: 449e1817cc6a9fd58c1c5f94888b61ed
Changelog
23 December 2013
  • Added Xposed Framework Installer Choice
  • More build.prop tweaks
  • Fixed Google Wallet
  • Zipaligned
  • SQLite Optimization
  • Added EFS Backup
  • Updated GoogleTTS
  • Removed Modems and Added Link
  • Added Chrome to Custom Install
7 December 2013
  • Better Battery Life!
  • Faster Upload and Download Speeds
  • Sleep mode enabled
  • Enabled power saving mode when sleeping
  • VM Heapsize increased to help FC's
  • Fast Reboot Enabled
  • Bloatware Removed
  • Added Aroma v2.70
  • Custom Install Files for Bloatware/Tmobile Apps
  • Knox FREE
  • Deodexed
  • Build.prop tweaks for performance
Known Bugs

• None to report for now

If you experience any other bugs and it is not listed, please report it so we can get it fixed!
Thanks
I would like to start by thanking YOU for using my work!
There are many ways to thank me if you enjoy using my project
  • Click Thanks!
  • Give this thread 5 stars!
  • Buy me a beer or two through PayPal donations ;-)
  • Help out the thread and other users
Thanks to those that put in hard work to help this ROM exist
  • DocHoliday77
  • OdiemanSAM for Tethering fix guide
  • amarullz
  • loserskater
  • Jovy23
  • Rovo89
  • burakgon and ChunLi
  • datafoo
  • mike1986
  • ::indie::
  • There are a lot more...I just need to find the names - If I leave off your name PM me please!

XDA:DevDB Information
Rage, a ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
Talon25
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
Based On: Stock

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2013-12-08

Created 2013-12-07
Last Updated 2014-01-05

Last edited:

Talon25

Oct 5, 2010
Installation Guide

For a quick, down and dirty (so to speak) installation guide look below. I will update with a cleaner guide in a few days.

Please before you do anything, make a nandroid backup.

1) Download the ZIP file from the link above and check with the MD5 hash to make sure that it is correct

If you do not already have a 4.3 modem please click here to download the correct modem. Put it on the SD card and flash at the end of this install!

2) Put it on your SD card (external or internal)

3) Reboot into recovery, wipe data/cache and dalvik cache

4) Install from SD card and flash the Rage zip file

5) Follow the steps in AROMA for setup and choose Custom or Default (all apps/bloatware will be loaded) for installation type.

6) This WILL flash the Insecure AT&T kernel

7) Once installation is complete, reboot your phone and enjoy! :)

8) If you have not installed, make sure you do that after install (uncheck the Reboot on AROMA). Remember the first boot will take a few minutes, let it completely install. I always make sure to install backed up apps after that or install new apps/update new apps from the Play store. After you have done so, restart phone again seems to help everything :)

9) If when through recovery you get asked about disabling recovery click yes and asked about making sure you have root, again click yes.​

Last edited:
Reactions: saranhai and ndwgs

Talon25

Oct 5, 2010
Frequently Asked Questions

Have something you want to see in the next version? Custom Kernels, Mods, Themes, etc? PM me and let me know

How can I get even BETTER battery life?
You can still receive SMS (not MMS) if you have data turned off. Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Uncheck Mobile Data. You can use that while sleeping/etc to get unbelievable battery life with this ROM!

Phones usually take a couple battery cycles to get themselves doped out properly. Give it a couple battery cycles to recalibrate itself.

You can also recalibrate your battery with Battery Calibration. Charge your phone to 100% (use currentwidget to make sure its actually at 100% and 2100mAh) then calibrate your battery using the app. Let your phone die completely, then charge completely.

Does Native Tethering Work?
I have not tested it yet, however, if it does not you can go to the link provided to get it to work:
Enable Tethering

Does Google Wallet work?
Fixed in Version 2.0

Is 4Way Reboot included or unlimited multi-window working?
Not yet but Xposed has a download for Advanced Power Menu to offer that.

How Do I Turn on Developer Options?
Go to Settings > More > About Device > Click on Build Number 7 times!

Any other requests for mods that you would like seen, or bugs please report so they can be fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: ndwgs

Talon25

Oct 5, 2010
Well let's see how this one goes

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Sorry if Posts were deleted! Thread was cleaned (didnt know it would delete everyone elses posts! Sorry!!)

Hopefully well :) uploaded to Terafile but when I tried to download said it was only downloading 100 MB of the 819 Uploaded so not sure whats going on there. The file server maybe hasnt verified the whole file or something would be my only guess...so still waiting...:(

Last edited:

Talon25

Oct 5, 2010
Test Download Link

If someone wants to test the download link can you PM me please and I will send it. Just want to make sure its working before I post it.

EDIT: Terafile is still processing and uploading the file to their servers. At about 250MB (819.9MB total). Thanks for your patience.

Last edited:

Okaham

Nov 3, 2011
nice. don't mean to compare or sound rude, but how is this different from Saranhai and Team Inferno's StockMOD ROM, the custom version?

Talon25

Oct 5, 2010
nice. don't mean to compare or sound rude, but how is this different from Saranhai and Team Inferno's StockMOD ROM, the custom version?

At the time I started making this, I didnt see any with a custom AROMA install and the ability to choose whatever applications I wanted to put in my ROM. Also, didnt see any that included the Modem and Kernels in the same ROM and had to download everything. I decided to put in my own build.prop tweaks (still working/testing some) and went to AROMA installer from amarullz and decided to take DocHoliday's ROM (official release) and customize it with bloatware removal, AROMA, custom install, etc.

Never used Saranhai's / Team Inferno's ROM either :)

Okaham

Nov 3, 2011
At the time I started making this, I didnt see any with a custom AROMA install and the ability to choose whatever applications I wanted to put in my ROM. Also, didnt see any that included the Modem and Kernels in the same ROM and had to download everything. I decided to put in my own build.prop tweaks (still working/testing some) and went to AROMA installer from amarullz and decided to take DocHoliday's ROM (official release) and customize it with bloatware removal, AROMA, custom install, etc.

Never used Saranhai's / Team Inferno's ROM either :)

guess you didn't look close enough lol

they have a version with AROMA Installer: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46872497&postcount=3

also, i hear it's bad to include modem into the ROM? well i will wait for the download link and try this out, sorry if i sounded like a **** :p

Reactions: Talon25

Talon25

Oct 5, 2010
guess you didn't look close enough lol

they have a version with AROMA Installer: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46872497&postcount=3

also, i hear it's bad to include modem into the ROM? well i will wait for the download link and try this out, sorry if i sounded like a **** :p

No worries, I wanted to keep mine as stock and debloated as possible. Used DocHoliday's until I made this. Also, I am not sure about that I can tell you though that its working for me right now 4G and all.

Talon25

Oct 5, 2010
Good news! Link is up... Bad news terfile limits bandwidth and says it will take 4 hours to download. Still waiting on AFH for hosting and faster downloads. If you have a better recommendation for another file hosting server let me know! Hope it works out for everyone and you enjoy!

EDIT: ROM is being loaded to Android File Host now

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Talon25

Oct 5, 2010
Finally Available!

Sorry for spamming up my own thread! BUT - Link is FINALLY up for Android File Host and another will be posted shortly as the file is being uploaded to XDA as well for a backup! Installation instructions and an FAQ section is posted too! Good luck!

calexchelse

Mar 3, 2008
Stroud, OK
Will be checking it out. Prob tomorrow. Tired and ready for bed. Will post tomorrow how it goes. One question. Are you on new our older bootloader. I ask because I've noticed that the only room that works well on new bootloader other than the actual official itself is doc's official deodexed

Talon25

Oct 5, 2010
Will be checking it out. Prob tomorrow. Tired and ready for bed. Will post tomorrow how it goes. One question. Are you on new our older bootloader. I ask because I've noticed that the only room that works well on new bootloader other than the actual official itself is doc's official deodexed

This is based off of Doc's official deodexed - with his permission of course! :)

Abskurity

Aug 30, 2010
Dirty Waters,CT
Moto G 5G
I might just give this a run.im on AOSP 4.3 Now but bren having some hiccups.ill post back let you know if there are any issues.either way thanks for ur work man!:)

Talon25

Oct 5, 2010
Anyone else running this? Reviews? New ROM coming out soon with the following fixes/additions - sneakpeak!

Added Xposed Framework Installer Choice
More build.prop tweaks
Fixed Google Wallet
Zipaligned
SQLite Optimization
Tethering Enabled
Added EFS Backup
Updated GoogleTTS
And more...

Also, did the battery calibration. Full charge, calibrated let discharge (went suprisingly fast thought something was wrong!) Recharged completely. Been using data, Google Drive, 4G etc all day and am currently at 14h 01m 37s on battery and 56% remaining!!

Reactions: ThC23 and Abskurity

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

9tLZKKR.jpg

Welcome to RAGE Version 2.0

What is it? For all those wanting a stripped down stock T-Mobile ROM with Android 4.3 and TouchWiz - you've found your answer. Rage is a ROM for those that want to keep it as stock as possible, but want better performance, battery life, and unique user customization! Supports all carriers, just make sure you install the right modem for 4.3!

- Based on DocHoliday77's official T999 4.3 Release
    - Includes AT&T Insecure Kernel (WiFi not working with T-Mo kernel currently)
    - *NEW* Modems are removed and link provided so T999V/N/L users can use the rom with no worries
    - AROMA added! Now, YOU are in charge with what comes with your ROM
    Just download, flash, and customize your install!​

Features
    - Rooted
    - Deodexed
    - Custom Install
    - AROMA v2.70
    - Based on Stock T999 TouchWiz 4.3
    - Better Battery Life!
    - WiFi Calling Enabled
    - Faster Upload and Download Speeds
    - Knox Free
    - Bloatware Removed
    - Build.prop Tweaks
    - OTA Updates Disabled
    - Tweaks and Fixes

Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for a wrong application being installed, or a phone that bricks, explodes, melts, flies away, or the world seizes to exist from the excitement of using this ROM ;) Please be careful installing and follow instructions - Running it on my own device currently and it is working :)
    Downloads

MD5 Checksum: 61c4e28d68b51a4a2729958cdd10ccd9

Previous Builds
    Rage v1.0
    MD5 Checksum: 449e1817cc6a9fd58c1c5f94888b61ed
    Changelog
    23 December 2013
    • Added Xposed Framework Installer Choice
    • More build.prop tweaks
    • Fixed Google Wallet
    • Zipaligned
    • SQLite Optimization
    • Added EFS Backup
    • Updated GoogleTTS
    • Removed Modems and Added Link
    • Added Chrome to Custom Install
    7 December 2013
    • Better Battery Life!
    • Faster Upload and Download Speeds
    • Sleep mode enabled
    • Enabled power saving mode when sleeping
    • VM Heapsize increased to help FC's
    • Fast Reboot Enabled
    • Bloatware Removed
    • Added Aroma v2.70
    • Custom Install Files for Bloatware/Tmobile Apps
    • Knox FREE
    • Deodexed
    • Build.prop tweaks for performance
    Known Bugs

• None to report for now

If you experience any other bugs and it is not listed, please report it so we can get it fixed!
    Thanks
    I would like to start by thanking YOU for using my work!
    There are many ways to thank me if you enjoy using my project
    • Click Thanks!
    • Give this thread 5 stars!
    • Buy me a beer or two through PayPal donations ;-)
    • Help out the thread and other users
    Thanks to those that put in hard work to help this ROM exist
    • DocHoliday77
    • OdiemanSAM for Tethering fix guide
    • amarullz
    • loserskater
    • Jovy23
    • Rovo89
    • burakgon and ChunLi
    • datafoo
    • mike1986
    • ::indie::
    • There are a lot more...I just need to find the names - If I leave off your name PM me please!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Rage, a ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    Talon25
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    Based On: Stock

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2013-12-08

Created 2013-12-07
    Last Updated 2014-01-05
    Happy New Year everyone! Hope everyone is enjoying the ROM!
    Good news! Link is up... Bad news terfile limits bandwidth and says it will take 4 hours to download. Still waiting on AFH for hosting and faster downloads. If you have a better recommendation for another file hosting server let me know! Hope it works out for everyone and you enjoy!

EDIT: ROM is being loaded to Android File Host now

Mods and Theming

Xposed Framework added (Version 2.0) - Click this link to download mods/check out Xposed!
    saved3 Mods and other Custom Items