[MOD] HDXPosed 1.3 : signature check, play store, downloads, wallpaper fix...

Search This thread

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Hi !

Here is an useful xposed module for our Kindle Fire HDX.

"HDXPosed" is a module for the xposed framework. With this module enabled you won't need to modify any files (services.odex, framework-res.apk) for our main HDX tweaks.

It will actually do the following :
  • Disable signature check : allow any APK to be installed/replaced
  • DownloadManager fix : allow gmail, chrome and any other download to work
  • Content provider fix : allow play store downloads on stock DownloadManager
  • Wallpaper fix : use a wallpaper on alternates home screen
  • Prevent Amazon OTA updates

Installation :
  • Download and install the "Xposed Framework"
  • Download and install the "HDXPosed.apk" file below
  • Launch the "Xposed" application
  • Go to framework and click install
  • Go to modules and enable HDXPosed
  • Reboot

Source code :

Of course you can use and redistribute in any ways. Sources will follow.

Attachments

• HDXPosed-1.3.apk
    36.8 KB · Views: 92,073
Last edited:

spaghettiknight

Mar 10, 2011
Maple Grove, MN
Hi !

Here is a very usefull xposed module for our Kindle Fire HDX. I'm developping this module for my gapps-rom but since i still have a few days of work before it's ready i tough it would be a good idea to release the mod as this.

So "HDXPosed" is a module for the xposed framework. With this module enabled you won't need to modify any files (services.odex, framework-res.apk) for our main HDX tweeks. Note that this module is for the 7" device (thor) but would probably work any HDX (to be tested).

Actually it will do the following :

• Disable signature check : allow any apk to be installed/replaced

Installation :

Thanks man, keep up the good work, I look forward to working gapps and amazon apps in harmony on our device!

Edit: I can confirm downloading works on chrome now, thanks again man!

Last edited:

butman

Feb 10, 2011
- Could anyone please explain with simple words what is an xposed framework and what it does?
- Can i use Play Store after this?
- It's Safestrap required for this?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Clarke33

Oct 16, 2012
Gmail won't open for me. Anyone else?

Sent from my KFTHWI using xda app-developers app

tech6

Nov 20, 2011
Good start Cpasjuste. I am waiting for you to finish up. As you can see someone is still having problems with Gmail. So, it seems your version may be worth the wait. :) Thanks for all your hard work!

Clarke33

Oct 16, 2012
Entirely possible! I was playing back and forth between your 4.2.2 and stock and thinking back I may not have done a soft reboot after installing. I'll check.

Sent from my KFTHWI using xda app-developers app

Dextis

Dec 2, 2011
Thank you, Cpasjuste. ::good:

Could we go about getting the Play Store running using this mod? I've installed and placed vending.apk and a few other requisite apps I know are needed to run the Play Store in system/app (Google Services Provider. Account and Sync Settings) and changed permissions, I was able to enter my account credentials but every time I go to use the market it will open very briefly then pop up with 'Google Play store has stopped.' Any ideas about what needs to be done?

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
You probably need to install alternate DownloadManager*.apk which can be found in my gapps thread in the general forum.

Envoyé de mon KFTHWI en utilisant Tapatalk

Dextis

Dec 2, 2011
So I've installed the DownloadProvider and DownloadProviderUI APIs from your Thor gapps thread, and now the Play Store will open but spontaneously crash and downloads will act as though they start but the transfer never actually begins. Should I grab all the GApps from your Thor rom and place them in my system/app folder as a way to try shotgunning a soulution?

Dextis

Dec 2, 2011
So I've installed the DownloadProvider and DownloadProviderUI APIs from your Thor gapps thread, and now the Play Store will open but spontaneously crash and downloads will act as though they start but the transfer never actually begins. Should I grab all the GApps from your Thor rom and place them in my system/app folder as a way to try shotgunning a soulution?

EDIT: after moving them again to system/app I now have the Play Store properly functioning. THANK YOU.:victory:

gqukyo

Nov 9, 2009
Two things I've noticed. Rebooting costs a bootloop which I can't get out of unless I go into recovery and wipe dalvik/cache. Thank god for that working at least. Second, is the module supposed to list out 1.0 or 1.1 as I tried to install the 1.1 over the 1.0 but it still says 1.0. Will try to disable it first and then update again...

holeshot77

Jul 11, 2008
Grimes, IA
Two things I've noticed. Rebooting costs a bootloop which I can't get out of unless I go into recovery and wipe dalvik/cache. Thank god for that working at least. Second, is the module supposed to list out 1.0 or 1.1 as I tried to install the 1.1 over the 1.0 but it still says 1.0. Will try to disable it first and then update again...

It's just an xposed error. It is 1.1 even though says 1.0.

Sent from my Nuked Kindle HDX. ^_^

ptrsnshane

Dec 13, 2013
How can we use xposed to just add gapps and play store without changing Amazon Rom or services?

Try this, I have gapps and all Amazon services working side by side.

1. Start with stock rooted install on a rom slot.
2. Install Androidcowboy's gapp's per his tutorial with the exception of moving the vending apk. Just install vending apk. wherever you downloaded to(don't know if this matters).
3. Install xposed and reboot.
4. Install Cpasjuste's xposed module and reboot.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app

Sent from my KFAPWI using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi !

Here is an useful xposed module for our Kindle Fire HDX.

"HDXPosed" is a module for the xposed framework. With this module enabled you won't need to modify any files (services.odex, framework-res.apk) for our main HDX tweaks.

It will actually do the following :
    • Disable signature check : allow any APK to be installed/replaced
    • Content provider fix : allow play store downloads on stock DownloadManager
    • Prevent Amazon OTA updates

Installation :
    • Download and install the "Xposed Framework"
    • Download and install the "HDXPosed.apk" file below
    • Launch the "Xposed" application
    • Go to framework and click install
    • Go to modules and enable HDXPosed
    • Reboot

Source code :

Hi,

i did update HDXPosed to version 1.2 which SHOULD correctly block OTA updates now. I did stay on first firmware (13.3.0.0) on a full day without being updated.

Please note that we need more report to be 100% sure it's ok.
    Hi !

Here is a very usefull xposed module for our Kindle Fire HDX. I'm developping this module for my gapps-rom but since i still have a few days of work before it's ready i tough it would be a good idea to release the mod as this.

So "HDXPosed" is a module for the xposed framework. With this module enabled you won't need to modify any files (services.odex, framework-res.apk) for our main HDX tweeks. Note that this module is for the 7" device (thor) but would probably work any HDX (to be tested).

Actually it will do the following :

• Disable signature check : allow any apk to be installed/replaced

Installation :

Thanks man, keep up the good work, I look forward to working gapps and amazon apps in harmony on our device!

Edit: I can confirm downloading works on chrome now, thanks again man!
    Thanks to Faznx92 OTA blocking code should now be working in the new uploaded version. Now the 3 dcp packages are disabled by xposed using same process as "pm disable" does but on the 3 dcp packages instead of component like you did Faznx92.

But i do not have a stock rom to test currently so i'm not sure if disabling them completely could cause other problem's on stock rom...
    Sorry to respond so slow. I use pm enable to reverse it. Something I also do is disable the amazon.dcp apk. Read the post here.
    I can confirm that HDXposed version 1.3 blocks ota with KFHDX Thor 13.3.1.0. I really want to refine what exact functions are at work for ota though.

Small side note if your trying this. If you are currently using my blocker you first should turn off wifi, then in the toolkit enable ota to undo my blocker. Then install the xposed apks with the wifi off, setup, reboot, turn wifi on, goto settings > Device > Sys Update > Check. It should say 'Last update failed' else quickly turn off wifi.
    Hi Faznx92,

You can look at sources on github I think it should be easy to see how its done even for a non programmer. I was focused on background updates so I may have missed something. Is the update downloaded and visible with the download manager ?
    I was checking if it would update via Settings>Device>System Updates>Check Now. It started downloading. Ah I see, your mod blocks background updates, unless you check for it.
    Code:
    ota.ScheduledUpdateCheckerService
    explains it^

I'm not sure if you know how my ota disable works but take a look.
    Code:
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAUpdateMessageHandler"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.InventoryUploadService"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.UpdatesLookupService"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAService"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.AppStateMonitorService"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.CheckForOTAUpdatesService"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.ViewUpdateActivity"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAStatusActivity"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.ResetOTAMessageHandler"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.InventoryUploadService$InventoryUploadReceiver"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.UpdatesLookupService$MountStatusChangedReceiver"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAService$OTAWakeupReceiver"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAService$OTADedupeReceiver"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAService$OTAInstallNowReceiver"
    If you check in the settings menu for updates it reports 'Last update failed'.
    Caution people that your block stops background ota checks.
    Also it would be cool if your could toggle ota block on and off in Xposed.
    Just my 2 cents.

Others please test but be careful doing so, we may have a unlock soon and you sure don't want to miss out on that.
    Best of luck mate.:good: