[bootloader bypass guide and report thread][alfa release only!!!!][april 1rst]

Search This thread
Yes, the Bootloader have been successfully bypassed!!!!!!.

I know that, like me, a lot of people is goin to try this, so I believe it is a good idea to have a thread to give feedback, report bugs and post dev-related information without getting the the original thread SPAMMED,

Since future releases would be done through recognised devs, this thread would be ONLY FOR THE ALFA RELEASE MADE BY Z ON MARCH 31.

This is the original message from Z:

========================================================================================================================

Ok, here we go. It wasn't the April Fool thingy

The bootloader has been bypassed using the kexec/miniloader method
We are able to boot custom kernels now!

I'll keep it short as I'm quite busy today... I haven't had much luck with disabling MPU nor resetting a MCPU - it failed no matter what I did. Same thing with porting shutdown procedures into miniloader. But when I found out that the custom kernel doesn't reboot on baseband 52, I switched to the .504 sources and restarted the work. Using the debugfs tips by Goroh, I realised some stuff I'd rather to keep in between the developers here... And then *poof* - the green USB led appeared and I knew I was getting there!

Anyway... this is the first release of the fully working custom kernel (flashable via xRecovery). I haven't had much time to work on it so it's kind of proof-of-concept. Tested for 48h without any problem (not even a reboot).

FreeKernel-alpha1:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d8v914keiqsmc3n

This is the alpha version of custom 2.6.29 kernel based on the SE sources. I do not plan to work on this release anymore - it is just for testing purpose. From today on I'll start to port SE stuff to the latest (GBread) kernel.

Changes:

- removed 32 fps cap
- implemented netfilter (Droid wall, native USB/wifi tethering etc.)
- undervolted to 0.950mV to save battery
- don't remember what else I did, I bet something nasty
- super ugly boot logo!

Requirements:

- baseband .52 + the relevant kernel
- clean 2.1 ROM, compatibile with .52 baseband (e.g. .504)
- working xRecovery

Please note I am not responsible for any damage this software may cause to your device! Use it at your own risk!

There is absolutely no support for this alpha release!

Big thanks to (no particular order): Goroh_kun, Jerpelea, Bin4ry, Maxrfon, Biktor_gj and everybody else who contributed into X10 custom kernel development.

At first the relevant kernel patches/sources will be delivered to the recognised X10 developers. Later on everything will be released as it's obviously Open Sourced.

Please refrain from posting comments in this thread - it's for developers only. Spamming will only make our task harder to accomplish!

Cheers,
z

========================================================================================================================

Please note that I'm not a dev, and neither me or Z would be responsible for what you do with your phone!!!

Report only feedback useful for the devs

=================================================================================================================

Edit April 5:

Z posted a in-call volume fix for its alpha kernel. Please take the time to make a usefull post with feedback about it. It will be better if you include a logcat like or a detailed report.

This is the original post:

Here's the kernel image with possible in-call volume fix. Howto:

- install the alpha kernel package
- copy this boot.img into /system/kernel

Please let me know whether the call volume is fixed for you (in the "comments/feedback" threads.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?uxc0ht1tyvl0qdx

This is for testers/developers only!

Code:
--- q6audio.c~  2011-04-05 08:29:25.653333350 +0200
+++ q6audio.c   2011-04-05 08:29:25.696666684 +0200
@@ -54,7 +54,9 @@
 static struct q6_hw_info q6_audio_hw[Q6_HW_COUNT] = {
        [Q6_HW_HANDSET] = {
                .min_gain = -900,
-               .max_gain = 600,
+               //.max_gain = 600,
+               // zdzihu: let's get loud!
+               .max_gain = 1199,
        },
        [Q6_HW_HEADSET] = {
                .min_gain = -1900,

Cheers,
z

Last edited:

Adolf1994

Jun 2, 2010
Fertőrákos
Eternity 2 003a confirmed to work with baseband .52
only one reboot while I played Angry Birds Rio, other than that I made two calls with success, wifi is ok and the uptime is around 2 and a half hour
of course, DT works

Last edited:

Whitecookie

Sep 7, 2010
WOW

You don´t need to downgrade to the original Kernel:eek::eek:

After installing the custom Kernel my Xperia flys!!!!! Everything is soooo much smooth and you can see with Quadrant that fps rising over 30:eek:
Now we have to wait for the newest Kernel!

@Z: Make the next Kernel overclockable pls!!!

minjiet

Jan 14, 2010
You don´t need to downgrade to the original Kernel:eek::eek:

After installing the custom Kernel my Xperia flys!!!!! Everything is soooo much smooth and you can see with Quadrant that fps rising over 30:eek:
Now we have to wait for the newest Kernel!

@Z: Make the next Kernel overclockable pls!!!

quadrant fps raising over 30, mean increase in 3D score?

Lord Takyon

Jul 26, 2010
Just out of interest, what is visual performance like without the frame cap?

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Whitecookie

Sep 7, 2010
Yes

Normally it has to improve the 3D performance.... but if i play Angry Birds it feels laggy.:confused::confused::confused: If i use Launcher Pro or srolling down pages it feels like..... Don´t know how to say :D:D:D

Lion3494

Feb 16, 2011
Man I don't understand. I downloaded the kernel but my frames are worse now
Sent from my X10a using XDA Premium App

SErooted

Nov 10, 2010
Sugarhouse, UT
i agree. everything about my phone since installing this kernel makes my x10 feel and run like crap. fps suck. 2.1 rom again? what the F? this is very dissapointing.. kudos to the devs for bypassing but get real. what changes really are there? when i have overclock and fps real does go past the 33 tops that i reach on quadrant then ill try again. especially if i dont have to use a crap 2.1 se rom.

Edit: ok i have it working. this is what is up with it. fps only changes from 30 fps cap on the quadrant test when you have the rotating planets. i pegged at damn near 50fps. unfortunately this is the only one where fps were high. as i normally run z's b4 with data2sd. i peg on the same one at 33fps. being that we are only able to run this on a 2.1 se rom as of the moment. quadrant scores are going to suck. i normally run 2700 on b4 with data2sd.

As for overclocking.... not at the moment. yes it is a custom kernel but overclocking is not part of this kernel. with one is compiled to allow overclocking and the use of other basebands and builds such as .54 .55 .58, we will still be stuck with a max of 998 on our cpu. but once it is available with other builds and overclocking is allowed. we should easily be able to push close to 3000 on quadrant.

Last edited:

Lion3494

Feb 16, 2011
I had it installed before. Do I install it again?

Lion3494

Feb 16, 2011
Yeah im going back to my other rom on 2.2

jags_the1

Aug 26, 2010
I fear one of u will brick your phone :p.
And z said he will b working on new one. So I feel its pointless to even test this? And he knows we are not developers so I doubt he will even bother reading this

Sent from my X10i using XDA Premium App

evanbigfan

Jan 9, 2011
bangkok
common guys ,haven't u read it ,it works only with 2.1 and baseband .52 so u cant try it on foryo custom roms it won't work perfectly

Alakasam

Oct 31, 2010
Liverpool
i agree. everything about my phone since installing this kernel makes my x10 feel and run like crap. fps suck. 2.1 rom again? what the F? this is very dissapointing.. kudos to the devs for bypassing but get real. what changes really are there? when i have overclock and fps real does go past the 33 tops that i reach on quadrant then ill try again. especially if i dont have to use a crap 2.1 se rom.

Wow.
You sound soooo ungrateful!
This was only a test kernal by Zdzihu, obviously, he's starting small, only people who know what they're doing should flash this.
It may seem like a "downgrade" for all you casual users, but for the devs this is a giant leap forwards.

Reactions: Pierre Duc
S

sharathx10

Here is the quick guide for all u guys having trouble..
I did it this way and i am getting upto 55 fps on quadrant.
1. flash your phone using the latest flash tool with X10i generic .504
here is the link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=920746

2. Switch on the phone and finish with the setup and turn it off.

3. Now again flash your phone with the 2.0.52 baseband which replaces the current
Kernel only. Here is the link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=960527

4. Switch on your phone, finish with the setup and root it with flash tool

5. Download Z's Xrecovery and install it with market's busybox, here is the link for Xrecovery http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=859571

6. Reboot your phone and in Xrec flash the kernel provided by Z (Freekernel)

7. Switch on the phone and enjoy fast and responsive Freex10...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, the Bootloader have been successfully bypassed!!!!!!.

I know that, like me, a lot of people is goin to try this, so I believe it is a good idea to have a thread to give feedback, report bugs and post dev-related information without getting the the original thread SPAMMED,

Since future releases would be done through recognised devs, this thread would be ONLY FOR THE ALFA RELEASE MADE BY Z ON MARCH 31.

This is the original message from Z:

Ok, here we go. It wasn't the April Fool thingy

The bootloader has been bypassed using the kexec/miniloader method
    We are able to boot custom kernels now!

I'll keep it short as I'm quite busy today... I haven't had much luck with disabling MPU nor resetting a MCPU - it failed no matter what I did. Same thing with porting shutdown procedures into miniloader. But when I found out that the custom kernel doesn't reboot on baseband 52, I switched to the .504 sources and restarted the work. Using the debugfs tips by Goroh, I realised some stuff I'd rather to keep in between the developers here... And then *poof* - the green USB led appeared and I knew I was getting there!

Anyway... this is the first release of the fully working custom kernel (flashable via xRecovery). I haven't had much time to work on it so it's kind of proof-of-concept. Tested for 48h without any problem (not even a reboot).

FreeKernel-alpha1:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d8v914keiqsmc3n

This is the alpha version of custom 2.6.29 kernel based on the SE sources. I do not plan to work on this release anymore - it is just for testing purpose. From today on I'll start to port SE stuff to the latest (GBread) kernel.

Changes:

- removed 32 fps cap
    - implemented netfilter (Droid wall, native USB/wifi tethering etc.)
    - undervolted to 0.950mV to save battery
    - don't remember what else I did, I bet something nasty
    - super ugly boot logo!

Requirements:

- baseband .52 + the relevant kernel
    - clean 2.1 ROM, compatibile with .52 baseband (e.g. .504)
    - working xRecovery

Please note I am not responsible for any damage this software may cause to your device! Use it at your own risk!

There is absolutely no support for this alpha release!

Big thanks to (no particular order): Goroh_kun, Jerpelea, Bin4ry, Maxrfon, Biktor_gj and everybody else who contributed into X10 custom kernel development.

At first the relevant kernel patches/sources will be delivered to the recognised X10 developers. Later on everything will be released as it's obviously Open Sourced.

Please refrain from posting comments in this thread - it's for developers only. Spamming will only make our task harder to accomplish!

Cheers,
    z

Please note that I'm not a dev, and neither me or Z would be responsible for what you do with your phone!!!

Report only feedback useful for the devs

=================================================================================================================

Edit April 5:

Z posted a in-call volume fix for its alpha kernel. Please take the time to make a usefull post with feedback about it. It will be better if you include a logcat like or a detailed report.

This is the original post:

Here's the kernel image with possible in-call volume fix. Howto:

- install the alpha kernel package
    - copy this boot.img into /system/kernel

Please let me know whether the call volume is fixed for you (in the "comments/feedback" threads.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?uxc0ht1tyvl0qdx

This is for testers/developers only!

Code:
    --- q6audio.c~  2011-04-05 08:29:25.653333350 +0200
    +++ q6audio.c   2011-04-05 08:29:25.696666684 +0200
    @@ -54,7 +54,9 @@
     static struct q6_hw_info q6_audio_hw[Q6_HW_COUNT] = {
            [Q6_HW_HANDSET] = {
                    .min_gain = -900,
    -               .max_gain = 600,
    +               //.max_gain = 600,
    +               // zdzihu: let's get loud!
    +               .max_gain = 1199,
            },
            [Q6_HW_HEADSET] = {
                    .min_gain = -1900,

Cheers,
    z
    oh and lest i forget.... Casual users.... You must be talking about yourself. Im not a casual user. my x10 will kick the **** out of yours anyday of the week.

Don't believe it? Heres the link.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=960618
    41mflops
    2720 quad
    z'sb4
    z's data2sd
    sysctl

yours?

Please!

Chill out nerd. For God's sake. Does it really matter THAT much.

Sent from my Motorola Startac running Android 3.0 Honeycomb.
    So how would one install/enable Wifi with Bin4ry's new kernel exactly? Flash the zip and push a separate file?

Sorry for being a noob but unsure exactly how and where to make the necessary edit/changes. :)

well u can use the update.zips from this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=12931241#post12931241

to get kernel flash boot.img_FreeXperia-Kernel-k003.zip via recovery... this will place Bin4ry's kernel (boot.img) in /system/kernel/

for flashing wifi module download the corresponding wifi module depending on ur current ROM via recovery... this will place the modified wifi module in /system/lib/modules/

reboot device and get into the OS (dont switch on wifi yet)

use terminal emulator/adb shell to execute the following command:
    (for CM7 rom):
    Code:
    chmod 644 /system/lib/modules/ar6000.ko
    (for other roms):
    Code:
    chmod 644 /system/lib/modules/wifi.ko

now try switching wifi on and test if it wifi module works... (mind u this is still experimental and as Bin4ry explained here it is not yet stable)

btw for the modders/chefs who create update.zips:
    u can set permission for the additional module using the following code in-
    (Amend) update-script:
    Code:
    set_perm 0 0 0644 SYSTEM:lib/modules/wifi.ko

(Edify) updater-script:
    Code:
    set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/lib/modules/wifi.ko");
    Thanks! I do my best at making sure i irritate people like you and him. Second, you call a woman a C**NT not a man.

I gladly accept A**ho**!

Lets not forget the topic is kernel... not my POST!!!

Ok guys, lets keep it on topic, I really don't want to start cleaning the thread. This is about how Z's custom kernel performs in our X10.

If is not kernel related take it elsewhere, ok?

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
    c'mon, we want kernel for 54/55/58 basebands where the most custom roms required.