tgascoigne

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2012
Bristol, UK
tom.gascoigne.me
m7FaD.png

Visit the Jellybean 4.2 thread here

Banner thanks to Sebianoti
As I'm sure you know, the Jellybean 4.1.1 source code was uploaded to the AOSP repos a few hours ago. Following on from my Nexus 7 port, this is a build based off of the AOSP repositories, using the open source endeavoru tree started by intrepresentation. This is a pure AOSP build, the only changes I've applied are to add the Nexus 7 boot animation, APNs, and stuff that is required to get it working.

Issues
  • Wireless doesn't connect for a small handful of users
  • Radio also doesn't work for a small number of users in recent builds

Contributing
I'm also opening up the codebase, so if you think you can contribute then submit a pull request. Anyone can contribute by helping to submit bugs to the issue tracker. Remember to include as much detail as possible. Steps to replicate, logcats etc.
If you've never tried developing for android before, then the best way to get started is to first get the source built (I'll post up a quick guide at some point), have a look through the code, read a page or two about AOSP, then see if you can pick off any bugs. Github makes it easy to find bugs, and submit your fixes back to me, so have a read up on that too if you're unfamiliar.
I've set up a short guide that should help you get started with building android, check it out here.

I've also set up #tg-endeavoru on Freenode irc for discussion, suggestions, development etc.

Links
Latest builds
Jellybean Gapps
Source
Mirrors:

Guide to installing - Thanks Chilling_Silence
Repacked kernels

Changelogs
Build #36
Merge in latest JZO54K (Android 4.1.2_r1) changes

Please flash this boot.img instead, and let us know if it resolves the screen flickering issue: http://www.blinkenlights.ch/static/a...35/boot_35.img

It may take a day or two to take full effect

Build #35
Backport screen flickering fix into kernel (pab)
Improve stability of pollyd, the incall volume fix (pab)

Build #34
Merge latest JRO03R (Android 4.1.1_r6) changes

Build #33 (boot.img updated)
Button backlights fixed
A2DP pairing fixed (TeamNDVRu)
Multitouch gaming fixed (TeamNDVRu)
Better screen off power management (pab)
Pinyin Chinese input fixed (Properly this time) (Myself, Lord Clockan, AOSP)
Lockscreen widget alignment in lower DPI settings fixed (Properly this time)
Incoming call widget alignment in lower DPI settings fixed

Build #32
Fix lockscreen unlock widget alignment under lower DPIs
Fix Google Chinese Input
Fix AGPS - GPS now locks a lot quicker

Build #31
Merge latest JRO03L (Android 4.1.1_r4) changes
Update prebuilt binaries to 2.17 release
Fix for slow USB Mass Storage transfer rates (seader @ github, kaltkaffe @ Cyanogenmod)
Add potentially performance improving compile time flags

Build #30 (boot.img updated)
Merged latest JRO03H (Android 4.1.1_r3) changes
Wifi Hotspot fixed (Lord Clockan, tbalden)
pollyd no longer survives airplane mode, sets initial call volume correctly (pab)
Switch the build server to using 'squisher' (optimizes zip file output)
Add custom power HAL to control cpu frequencies better (mdeejay)

Build #29 (boot.img updated)
Update kernel + modules to 1.29.401.7
Update prebuilt binaries to 1.29.401.11
Enhanced in call noise suppression (Mike Grissom, Cyanogenmod)
Finished pollyd, in call volume now working correctly (pab)
Kernel crash when placing a call with headset is now resolved
Replace Superuser with SuperSU

Build #28
Phone: In call echo fixed (Mostly, there's still a faint echo, but very manageable)

Build #27
Framework: Fixed Unity games touch input (Without patching kernel - You're safe to flash whatever custom kernel you want without breaking stuff)
Radio: Some experimental stuff that may improve signal, or fix radio for those with issues
Experimental fix for this issue

Build #26
Camera: Added support for up to 8MP
Fixed front facing camera
Fixed video recording format
Radio: Corrected network status indicator
Vendor: Added Stk package
Signatures
Sebianoti (who also designed the awesome banner at the top) has been kind enough to make us an image to put in our signatures.

URL: http://i.imgur.com/mPX3k.png
More here and here

Thanks to..
pabx, rogro82, and chris-p - These guys are far more knowledgeable than I and have been incredible. Send some love their way.
Lord Clockan
tbalden
richardtrip
more2come
BMutsaards for pointing us to the working gapps, and helping to debug/test
MashineGun, entropin, and everyone else in IRC who's been helping to debug and find solutions
Everyone who contributed to intrepresentation's Cyanogenmod tree
Everyone who's tested, offered help and support

Last edited:

Reaper82

Jun 12, 2011
I too will need to wait for wifi and radio before proceeding and testing as it is a work number but thanks for the quick work. I look forward to using this rom in the future.

hutzdani

May 9, 2010
London
I'd love to test this however i feel its pointless to test a build where the main phone functions don't work.

People have already tested the previous build and the core system works great ( regardless of dormant issues when people begin to run their apps )

Good to see that the SD mount is working.

tgascoigne

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2012
Bristol, UK
tom.gascoigne.me
I'd love to test this however i feel its pointless to test a build where the main phone functions don't work.

People have already tested the previous build and the core system works great ( regardless of dormant issues when people begin to run their apps )

Good to see that the SD mount is working.

That's why I marked it dev. I'm putting the sources out early to allow others to contribute so we can get everything functioning quickly.

Bryski

Nov 30, 2008
Newcastle
Awesome mate, I will have to wait for radio/wifi aswell as I need my phone on a daily basis but look forward to this :)

patriotaus

Apr 30, 2008
I wiped, installed rom, flash boot.img, cleaned cache and am currently stock at the HTC quietly brilliant splash screen.

I gave my gf a massage for a little while and came back and it was still stuck.

Any hints?

more2come

Oct 18, 2010
I wiped, installed rom, flash boot.img, cleaned cache and am currently stock at the HTC quietly brilliant splash screen.

I gave my gf a massage for a little while and came back and it was still stuck.

Any hints?

Did you try to wipe the dalvik cache?
Wiped cache, flashed the appropriate kernel, bootet into CWM, factory reset, cleaned dalvik cache, installed the zip-file. Rebooted, starts up perfectly fine! I recommend to not flash the Gapps, because the Google Assistant will crash every time.

The system itself works so far, will continue some testing, I freaking looooove project butter, it's so smooth, so responsive, I'm close to making lots and lots of little HOXes in passionate love!

Reactions: mathijs727

Try4Ce

Jul 29, 2010
NRW
Did you try to wipe the dalvik cache?
Wiped cache, flashed the appropriate kernel, bootet into CWM, factory reset, cleaned dalvik cache, installed the zip-file. Rebooted, starts up perfectly fine! I recommend to not flash the Gapps, because the Google Assistant will crash every time.

The system itself works so far, will continue some testing, I freaking looooove project butter, it's so smooth, so responsive, I'm close to making lots and lots of little HOXes in passionate love!

Dayum, I feels ya bro!

Reactions: more2come

patriotaus

Apr 30, 2008
I ended up flashing back my backup.

I'll give it a go following your exact guidance and see if it was my issue. If it still doesn't work, i'll give the boot.img a go.

p.s. what was the download size? can someone make a md5checksum?

Last edited:

more2come

Oct 18, 2010
Okay, as there isn't much what you can do for thorough testing, here's a list of things that work/don't work:

Works:
-Core System
-HW-Acceleration (triple buffered p0rn!)
-Internal Memory usage
-Vibration motor (comes in handy when project butter turns you on too much)
-Activating Bluetooth/Bluetooth search (LOLed at this one ^^)
-Accelerometer (screen rotation)
-Multitouch (tested with pinch to zoom in gallery app)

Doesn't work:
-Wifi
-Radio
-Sound
-Light sensor (for automatic brightness)
-Notification light (tested it while charging)
-USB mounting
-Camera
-Button backlights
-Deep sleep (device is constantly awake)
-Everything related to the issues above

patriotaus

Apr 30, 2008
It appears i had a dodgy download.

my checksum was not ca85bdcb2b0e9aa2b38a6d5809291f7b twas 70e762e1b161dce4b13b56e485eb289e instead.

I might wait for an update until i redownload.

Last edited:

Huey85

Dec 29, 2006
Melbourne
Oh god my pants just got tighter seeing the thread title. Hope to see the Dev gods get this thing in a daily stable state soon! Thanks OP!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As I'm sure you know, the Jellybean 4.1.1 source code was uploaded to the AOSP repos a few hours ago. Following on from my Nexus 7 port, this is a build based off of the AOSP repositories, using the open source endeavoru tree started by intrepresentation. This is a pure AOSP build, the only changes I've applied are to add the Nexus 7 boot animation, APNs, and stuff that is required to get it working.

Issues
    • Wireless doesn't connect for a small handful of users
    • Radio also doesn't work for a small number of users in recent builds

Contributing
    I'm also opening up the codebase, so if you think you can contribute then submit a pull request. Anyone can contribute by helping to submit bugs to the issue tracker. Remember to include as much detail as possible. Steps to replicate, logcats etc.
    If you've never tried developing for android before, then the best way to get started is to first get the source built (I'll post up a quick guide at some point), have a look through the code, read a page or two about AOSP, then see if you can pick off any bugs. Github makes it easy to find bugs, and submit your fixes back to me, so have a read up on that too if you're unfamiliar.
    I've set up a short guide that should help you get started with building android, check it out here.

I've also set up #tg-endeavoru on Freenode irc for discussion, suggestions, development etc.

Links
    Latest builds
    Jellybean Gapps
    Source
    Mirrors:

Guide to installing - Thanks Chilling_Silence
    Repacked kernels

Changelogs
    Build #36
    Merge in latest JZO54K (Android 4.1.2_r1) changes

Please flash this boot.img instead, and let us know if it resolves the screen flickering issue: http://www.blinkenlights.ch/static/a...35/boot_35.img

It may take a day or two to take full effect

Build #35
    Backport screen flickering fix into kernel (pab)
    Improve stability of pollyd, the incall volume fix (pab)

Build #34
    Merge latest JRO03R (Android 4.1.1_r6) changes

Build #33 (boot.img updated)
    Button backlights fixed
    A2DP pairing fixed (TeamNDVRu)
    Multitouch gaming fixed (TeamNDVRu)
    Better screen off power management (pab)
    Pinyin Chinese input fixed (Properly this time) (Myself, Lord Clockan, AOSP)
    Lockscreen widget alignment in lower DPI settings fixed (Properly this time)
    Incoming call widget alignment in lower DPI settings fixed

Build #32
    Fix lockscreen unlock widget alignment under lower DPIs
    Fix Google Chinese Input
    Fix AGPS - GPS now locks a lot quicker

Build #31
    Merge latest JRO03L (Android 4.1.1_r4) changes
    Update prebuilt binaries to 2.17 release
    Fix for slow USB Mass Storage transfer rates (seader @ github, kaltkaffe @ Cyanogenmod)
    Add potentially performance improving compile time flags

Build #30 (boot.img updated)
    Merged latest JRO03H (Android 4.1.1_r3) changes
    Wifi Hotspot fixed (Lord Clockan, tbalden)
    pollyd no longer survives airplane mode, sets initial call volume correctly (pab)
    Switch the build server to using 'squisher' (optimizes zip file output)
    Add custom power HAL to control cpu frequencies better (mdeejay)

Build #29 (boot.img updated)
    Update kernel + modules to 1.29.401.7
    Update prebuilt binaries to 1.29.401.11
    Enhanced in call noise suppression (Mike Grissom, Cyanogenmod)
    Finished pollyd, in call volume now working correctly (pab)
    Kernel crash when placing a call with headset is now resolved
    Replace Superuser with SuperSU

Build #28
    Phone: In call echo fixed (Mostly, there's still a faint echo, but very manageable)

Build #27
    Framework: Fixed Unity games touch input (Without patching kernel - You're safe to flash whatever custom kernel you want without breaking stuff)
    Radio: Some experimental stuff that may improve signal, or fix radio for those with issues
    Experimental fix for this issue

Build #26
    Camera: Added support for up to 8MP
    Fixed front facing camera
    Fixed video recording format
    Radio: Corrected network status indicator
    Vendor: Added Stk package
    Signatures
    Sebianoti (who also designed the awesome banner at the top) has been kind enough to make us an image to put in our signatures.

URL: http://i.imgur.com/mPX3k.png
    More here and here

Thanks to..
    pabx, rogro82, and chris-p - These guys are far more knowledgeable than I and have been incredible. Send some love their way.
    Lord Clockan
    tbalden
    richardtrip
    more2come
    BMutsaards for pointing us to the working gapps, and helping to debug/test
    MashineGun, entropin, and everyone else in IRC who's been helping to debug and find solutions
    Everyone who contributed to intrepresentation's Cyanogenmod tree
    Everyone who's tested, offered help and support
    @TGascoigne ( and other developers ):

Here is the audio policy source... ( once again one mod to audioflinger, because i cant figure out which file is used to set the flags on the output device.. and dont have any more time to search ).

Sound tested:

All basic sounds.
    Music
    Recorded using a free sound recorder
    Outgoing call to voice mail

Mic tested using:

Sound recorder
    Google voice
    No i did not try to call anyone at 4am :)

You will have to add audio_policy.tegra.so in system/lib/hw as audio_policy_legacy.endeavoru.so

Source code has not been cleaned as i dont have anymore time and ill leave that up to you... :)

Structs in the .h file should be overwritten with the ones in the .c file ( marked in code ) and then you can just include them, but it was a lot easier this way... but f*gly as hell * shrugs *

And make sure to disable debugging as soon as everything is stable.

Will see if i can also upload some precompiled .so files before im of.

@everyone else:

DO NOT TRY TO FLASH THIS

PS:

Your libwvm.so file ( or one of the related drm files ) seems to be wrong ( as can be seen in logcat ).. i would suggest using the files i posted earlier
    Sadly my git is failing tonight ( ehhrrm morning ) so no way to make a patch so ive just included all changes in a zip file ( should be fairly straight forward with a diff )

Changes:

New audio library ( wrapper )
    Sadly one needed change to audioflinger which i will fix later on. ( comments why added )

Files:

Besides the source i have added all files needed to get audio working:
    new JB .xml files for codecs / profiles ( copied from grouper so might need changes )
    All DRM ( wvm ) related files
    Compiled version of HAL wrapper ( audio.primary.endeavoru.so ) and libaudioflinger.so
    audio.legacy.endeavoru.so which used to be audio.primary.tegra.so

Todo:

Fix audio input streams the same way as done for output streams... so input is not yet working

Edit: Added input stream handling to the wrapper so this might work when setup correctly, but most probably asound.conf needs editing as no profiles are found
    Code:
    W/AudioPolicyManagerBase(  164): getInput() could not find profile for device 40
    000, samplingRate 44100, format 1,channelMask 0010

Fix audio policies as volume control does not works like it should ( call volume for instance ), because its still using default policy.
    Probably a lot more :)

Tested:

System sounds
    Music
    Call ( no input audio yet only output )

If ive forgot to mention something then thats because i might be a bit tired :)

P.S:

Im not responsible for any damage to your phone or ears because of this ;)
    I've got data working. More info + build soon.
    http://i.imgur.com/G7wS6.png
    And here are the compiled .so files including the renamed old tegra policy which is needed. :victory:

I have done a quick test with the lastest rom and atleast the mic was working...

Installing only these files might cause issues so if you want to be sure wait for @TGascoigne to build a new rom.

Once again:
    Im am not responsible for any damage to your phone or ears