[DFT]Freedom ROM for Samsung Focus Rev 1.3 V1

Search This thread

Cotulla

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2007
DFT Freedom ROM Samsung Focus Rev 1.3 V1

ROM Version: DFT Freedom ROM Samsung Focus (SGH-I917)Rev 1.3 V1

SYS Languages: USA/CHT/CHS/JPN/KOR/ENG/FRA/ITA/GER/ESN/HUN/CSY/PLK/NLD/DAN/FIN/NOR/SVE/PTB/PTG/RUS/ELL

DFT Chef Team: mwang@DF

Release Date: Feb.07,2012

Device model: Samsung Focus (SGH-I917)Rev 1.3

Driver Version: 2124.11.9.4

SYS Version: 7.10.8107.79

Features

1 Add UC browser,Registry editor & Bazaar
2 Combine 15 Ringtone from Samsung's Operator and 15 wallpaper from Samsung/HTC,remove some operator's software
3 Few tweaks ,DFT FullUnlock support XAP IE download and install,full play XBL games
4 Add "never,15,30" option to Lockscreen screen time-out,ISharing,Static MAC Address,3G or E option
5 Add Dark Goldenrod,Crimson,Navy,Chinese Red,,Golden 5 accents ,CurrentAccent-Chinese Red for celebrate Chinese New Year
6 New DFT "У*ґє(welcome spring)"for 2nd boot screen,Happy New Year wallaper for lock screen
7 Knew issues with TouchXplorer

Important Notes

1 You must have DFT's MAGLDR installed on your device & Samsung device driver in your PC
Link to MAGLDR installer thread
2 Flash custom ROM always has a risk, be careful!
3 Before doing anything, make sure you have more than 50% battery!
4 Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7

Disclaimer: This product is free to use at your own risk. We take NO responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by this procedure. No warranties implied or otherwise, are given if you agree to use this product. No problems were found while testing this product on several different devices, your experience may vary.

Distribution

You are free to distribe this ROM after 8days of release date except friendship forum of DFT which allow to distribe after 5 days of release,but only WITH LINK to official source
Under official source I am considering this thread on DFT
This ROM NOT allow for commercial use also NOT allow xda.cn forum,nduoo forum to distribe or use this ROM
You must NOT use any components from this ROM if you need free feel PM to me for permission
I will collect feedback for the future development/improvements of this ROM series
Please respect our work!

Download link

Special thanks

DFT developer team member - bepe,Cotulla,mamaich.....
HD2Owner his hard working art work
Julien Schapman for registry editor applications
Lidan and Ofir Windows Phone Bazaar - Alternating Windows Phone Marketplace
Special thanks for HTC Fanboys for file hosting.

Happy Chinese New Year and Welcome Year of Gold Dragon!!

Last edited:

Cotulla

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2007
Please note, this ROM was cooked by mwang, I only posted release on XDA.

DJSave

Oct 27, 2011
Tbilisi
nice! downloading
so we just launch the installer and follow it?
can it be reverted to OWF and after that installed again?

EDIT===========
Success! now testing it out :D

Last edited:

leonard2010

Dec 1, 2010
Could you please remove spyware UC browser, which redirects both web data and user information to its own site? We need a clean ROM.

dennis.l

Dec 7, 2007
can't you just uninstall the UC browser before you start putting in your account information?

leonard2010

Dec 1, 2010
can't you just uninstall the UC browser before you start putting in your account information?
Well, you can only uninstall the UI shell of the UC browser, not the low-level code. Just like you can remove IE from Windows but IE dynamic libraries are still there. I guess DFT is supported by the company behind UC browser so they add it into the ROM. This is understandable but we need a clean ROM after all.

poyensa

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2010
mi patria en mis zapatos
Totally unacceptable that UC Browser is in it. What kind of access does the app have? What do the lower level chunks do? Ditto on wanting a clean ROM. Can ChevronWP7 sponsor a clean ROM?

Totally unacceptable is your post :mad: This rom has been given by free and its use is not compulsory. If you want some thing different just do it! but not blame the developer. A THANKS would be enough. Best regards,

Manoli87

Sep 22, 2007
I have an issue with this rom. I install it just fine and it starts up. I can initially access the sideloaded apps that are installed (bazaar, Registry Editor), But once i sync it to zune, i can no longer access any of the sideloaded apps. When i tap on the sideloaded apps, the screen flashes a little then nothing. I also cant install anything from my computer with the error (Deployment FAILED with the following ERROR: 0x81030120). Even legitimate dev registration (student account) didn't help.

After the 4th time to flash this rom i think i figured it out. Before syncing with zune, i changed the following registry values.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg]
"PortalUrlProd"=""
"PortalUrlInt"=""

So far it seems to be working. Not sure if changing these registry values is what helped but my focus is staying unlocked and working fine :)

May 4, 2010
RAPI.dll is missing

I have a problem when I install this it immediately says that the program can't continue because "RAPI.dll is missing"... i'm running windows 8 developer preview 64-bit. Please help me!!!

lonely2k5

Oct 26, 2007
DarkSilence

you have to install WINDOWS MOBILE DEVICE CENTER (for wm6.5)
it uses some of it's files.
it says so in the manual.

irfanindian

Jan 3, 2012
Shining start for DFT Sammy. Can some one comment on speed and visual enhancements ?

Also, can we use any app that will enable file transfer over BT ?

Hammouri87

Sep 13, 2011
Amman
i need to ask you about this ROM:

1- is there any separate volume control for music & ringtone ... bla bla bla ??
2- is there any ARABIC support for this ROM ??

thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DFT Freedom ROM Samsung Focus Rev 1.3 V1

ROM Version: DFT Freedom ROM Samsung Focus (SGH-I917)Rev 1.3 V1

SYS Languages: USA/CHT/CHS/JPN/KOR/ENG/FRA/ITA/GER/ESN/HUN/CSY/PLK/NLD/DAN/FIN/NOR/SVE/PTB/PTG/RUS/ELL

DFT Chef Team: mwang@DF

Release Date: Feb.07,2012

Device model: Samsung Focus (SGH-I917)Rev 1.3

Driver Version: 2124.11.9.4

SYS Version: 7.10.8107.79

Features

1 Add UC browser,Registry editor & Bazaar
    2 Combine 15 Ringtone from Samsung's Operator and 15 wallpaper from Samsung/HTC,remove some operator's software
    3 Few tweaks ,DFT FullUnlock support XAP IE download and install,full play XBL games
    4 Add "never,15,30" option to Lockscreen screen time-out,ISharing,Static MAC Address,3G or E option
    5 Add Dark Goldenrod,Crimson,Navy,Chinese Red,,Golden 5 accents ,CurrentAccent-Chinese Red for celebrate Chinese New Year
    6 New DFT "У*ґє(welcome spring)"for 2nd boot screen,Happy New Year wallaper for lock screen
    7 Knew issues with TouchXplorer

Important Notes

1 You must have DFT's MAGLDR installed on your device & Samsung device driver in your PC
    Link to MAGLDR installer thread
    2 Flash custom ROM always has a risk, be careful!
    3 Before doing anything, make sure you have more than 50% battery!
    4 Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7

Disclaimer: This product is free to use at your own risk. We take NO responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by this procedure. No warranties implied or otherwise, are given if you agree to use this product. No problems were found while testing this product on several different devices, your experience may vary.

Distribution

You are free to distribe this ROM after 8days of release date except friendship forum of DFT which allow to distribe after 5 days of release,but only WITH LINK to official source
    Under official source I am considering this thread on DFT
    This ROM NOT allow for commercial use also NOT allow xda.cn forum,nduoo forum to distribe or use this ROM
    You must NOT use any components from this ROM if you need free feel PM to me for permission
    I will collect feedback for the future development/improvements of this ROM series
    Please respect our work!

Download link

Special thanks

DFT developer team member - bepe,Cotulla,mamaich.....
    HD2Owner his hard working art work
    Julien Schapman for registry editor applications
    Lidan and Ofir Windows Phone Bazaar - Alternating Windows Phone Marketplace
    Special thanks for HTC Fanboys for file hosting.

Happy Chinese New Year and Welcome Year of Gold Dragon!!
    It's not that much of a departure from the Stock ROM, but a good start nonetheless.
    It has the wifi internet sharing option enabled, which was not present in the stock ROM for me.
    Also a major reason why battery life is so fantastic for me (17 hours, 92% with moderate usage, whatsapp, 2 push email accounts and location on) is because I don't have HSDPA/3G on this no. Which means I can toggle to Edge. This wasn't there in the stock ROM too.
    The tweaks mentioned by the OP and the removal of a few apps might have made the system snappier and battery friendly too.

It's a good start mate. This isn't a spit and polish job. It's a good custom ROM.

Very informative and thank you for taking the time!
    Question - Does "FullUnlock" not include Carrier/Network Unlock? After installing this ROM, my phone is still locked to AT&T.

I am assuming then that although MAGLDR hacks the bootloader and DFT ROM offers full root access, the Network is still locked unless I do an IMEI unlock.

Quoting from Focus wiki:
    Formatting, Flashing, upgrading, downgrading OS and firwmare doesn't affect Network lock (SIM lock).
    Locks are in NVRAM - you do not overwrite this section by flashing firmware or formatting.
    If the device is already SIM unlocked, flashing/updating/downgrading/formatting/etc the ROM will keep the phone unlocked.

So yes, your phone will still be locked to AT&T until you will enter your NCK code (unlock via IMEI).
    Could you please remove spyware UC browser, which redirects both web data and user information to its own site? We need a clean ROM.

I had no ideal what you talking about , do you download the rom from this thread download link ? where is UCWEB in my 22 langs ROM ? can you show me ? can you read the thread one more time ?

UCWEB only in 3 langs ROM which didnt release in here and its release at DFT.cn for Chinese member only , if you download from DFT,cn than you not allow complain in here because in here 22 langs rom dont had it, got that ?
    It's not that much of a departure from the Stock ROM, but a good start nonetheless.
    It has the wifi internet sharing option enabled, which was not present in the stock ROM for me.
    Also a major reason why battery life is so fantastic for me (17 hours, 92% with moderate usage, whatsapp, 2 push email accounts and location on) is because I don't have HSDPA/3G on this no. Which means I can toggle to Edge. This wasn't there in the stock ROM too.
    The tweaks mentioned by the OP and the removal of a few apps might have made the system snappier and battery friendly too.

It's a good start mate. This isn't a spit and polish job. It's a good custom ROM.