[Q] Screen broken, need data partition

Search This thread

ekoee

Aug 22, 2011
I just rooted the S3 using ODIN, but I still can't get into the data partition. [adb backup -f data data.img] doesn't seem to work (it asks me to confirm it on my phone...broken screen), and neither does [adb pull /data/data %userprofile%\desktop]. It's on 4.3 and usb debugging is disabled. The only thing I need is to have usb debugging enabled and I can take it from there. I've tried editing the settings.db file in com.android.providers.settings, and when I use [adb devices], it lists the S3 but it says it's offline (probably because I have to allow it on the phone, but the touchscreen is broken). Any suggestions?

tl;dr I need to pull files from /data/data, keep getting denied. If I can get usb debugging to work on 4.3 I may be able to figure out the rest myself.

edit: I couldn't find one (three days of searching), but if anyone knows of a 4.3 ODIN file with usb debugging enabled for all computers, please let me know.

edit 2: By broken, I mean completely shattered.

Last edited:

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
You may want to push Wireless ADB.I believe it does turn on Debug by default. Then there's ADB Commander or suchlike app for PC. It can get to the Partition.

Reactions: ekoee

ekoee

Aug 22, 2011
You may want to push Wireless ADB.I believe it does turn on Debug by default. Then there's ADB Commander or suchlike app for PC. It can get to the Partition.

Android Commander is a godsend, but I've installed every Wireless ADB through play.google.com to the S3 and I've had no luck. [adb devices] still shows the S3's serial number, but it still says that it's offline. Is there any ODIN tarball that has usb debugging enabled by default? or is there a way I can downgrade to 4.1.2 from 4.3?

ekoee

Aug 22, 2011
Hetes the kernel thread. Its in general section.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2407583

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Ah. I've found that thread yesterday while searching for an insecure kernel after reading your reply. However, I couldn't seem to find one for my ROM. Thanks though!

Ill try to make one for you in a while. What rom/build were you running?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

That would be great! But the ROM I'm using is the root66 T999_UVUEMJC from this thread. It was the earliest one that would flash without a NAND write error and the only other ODIN root I could find; I tried using CF-root but it didn't seem to stick.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.