[Q] Any way to prevent apps from being uninstalled?

Search This thread

cuonguq

Nov 24, 2009
My kid sometimes incidentally uninstalls some apps from my SM-T311. I have tried several locking apps like SmartLock, Perfect App Lock etc... with app uninstall locking but these locking apps do not work well. I think maybe due to Kitkat as these work like champ on my old 4.2.2 phone.

Is there any way to lock uninstall apps then?

gottech

Sep 12, 2013
App lock works, register to an email address to unlock the ability to prevent Uninstallation of app lock. I use it on my teenagers smart phone. Best locking app I have found

I337 stock NC1, rooted, unlocked
Sm-T537A NE1stock, rooted

jokowi

Jun 24, 2014
I'm using CMsecurity for my kid tab. there's a good feature AppsLock. this app with pattern security can blocking KK setting to uninstall apps and can block important apps like e-mail, SuperSU, AFwall, and root apps to open.
Child proof app i think :D

cuonguq

Nov 24, 2009
App lock works, register to an email address to unlock the ability to prevent Uninstallation of app lock. I use it on my teenagers smart phone. Best locking app I have found

I337 stock NC1, rooted, unlocked
Sm-T537A NE1stock, rooted
tks gottech. can you pls send me the link, as there are many apps with the similar name..?

cuonguq

Nov 24, 2009
I'm using CMsecurity for my kid tab. there's a good feature AppsLock. this app with pattern security can blocking KK setting to uninstall apps and can block important apps like e-mail, SuperSU, AFwall, and root apps to open.
tks jokowi. will give it a shot and get back if it works

cuonguq

Nov 24, 2009
tried it and unfortunately didnt work. apps can be uninstalled on my rooted SM-T331...

cuonguq

Nov 24, 2009
What method you used to uninstall apps cuonguq ? From 'settings' or from another apps?
I mean give pattern to Kitkat settings...
i touched and held the icon until it jiggled, then moved upwards to "uninstall" menu, then the tab asked me if i wanted to remove it, i hit yes and gone it was..
already set password pattern... mine is rooted. is yours rooted too?

jokowi

Jun 24, 2014
i touched and held the icon until it jiggled, then moved upwards to "uninstall" menu, then the tab asked me if i wanted to remove it, i hit yes and gone it was..
already set password pattern... mine is rooted. is yours rooted too?

Ok im not trying it.
Yes im rooted too.
All right if your rooted then push your app to ./system/app/ give 644 permisions

danny042098

May 24, 2014
My kid sometimes incidentally uninstalls some apps from my SM-T311. I have tried several locking apps like SmartLock, Perfect App Lock etc... with app uninstall locking but these locking apps do not work well. I think maybe due to Kitkat as these work like champ on my old 4.2.2 phone.

Is there any way to lock uninstall apps then?

You can install the app to system that way they cant uninstall it from app drawer
if their smart enough the put a pin on superSU and deactivate it so they don't uninstall it from ESfile explore

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I may be late to this discussion but I have https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=imoblife.toolbox.full this with the applock plugin. I set up the applock to lock the uninstall feature in settings, tibu, es file explorer, basically any method of uninstalling things. Its a pin lock. Here are screenshots. I have this on all my Samsung devices (don't have my tab 4 8" yet but will install on there as well) and works perfect.
4ab50722f689f664dced721451fe8ee8.jpg

4712999e5a100e52103857aa41541369.jpg

7a9d6ba081292cc19f1125cb8e7e3cc1.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The only thing I can think of is to convert them into system apps with TitaniumBackup.