HELP!!! My lenovo p780 dead, does not boot.

Search This thread

bonbonbillo

Dec 5, 2013
My Lenovo P780 does not boot any more. Push power button, nothing happened. Connect by usb cable, only red led works. What can I do?
Bought from china, chinaunicomm customed phone. I tried flash, but can not connect it to computer.

glixbourkt

May 24, 2013
My Lenovo P780 does not boot any more. Push power button, nothing happened. Connect by usb cable, only red led works. What can I do?
Bought from china, chinaunicomm customed phone. I tried flash, but can not connect it to computer.

Did u installed p780 drivers into your Pc ?
u must if u want to flash it .

tngultimate

Feb 17, 2014

It's easy to fix :) Just follow my steps. :fingers-crossed:
1.Prepare the rom which was running ok before,for example, for me it was @satanduck 's prerooted TWRP S124 rom.
2.Open the SP flash tool.
3.Load the scatter file from the rom which worked ok for you.
4.Tick the box that says 'DA DL All With Check Sum'
5.Hit Firmware Upgrade
Now is the hardest step :D
1.Open the cover of your phone.
2.Look for the red reset button which was close to SD card and press it a few times.
3.Connect USB cable to your phone and firmware upgrade should start and wait for the green circle! :good::laugh:

Best luck :good:

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71

What have you done to your phone? Did you install or flash something? Did you change something in system ?

Sent from my Lenovo P780 with TWRP 2.7.1.1

bonbonbillo

Dec 5, 2013
It's easy to fix :) Just follow my steps. :fingers-crossed:
1.Prepare the rom which was running ok before,for example, for me it was @satanduck 's prerooted TWRP S124 rom.
2.Open the SP flash tool.
3.Load the scatter file from the rom which worked ok for you.
4.Tick the box that says 'DA DL All With Check Sum'
5.Hit Firmware Upgrade
Now is the hardest step :D
1.Open the cover of your phone.
2.Look for the red reset button which was close to SD card and press it a few times.
3.Connect USB cable to your phone and firmware upgrade should start and wait for the green circle! :good::laugh:

Best luck :good:

I can not get it connected to computer. Only when I push volume+up button,and connect the usb cable, it can be found. But then it disappears immediately in device management window. can not continue to flash.

Re-Mi

Nov 17, 2007
Lelystad
Hi,

Please verify that you have a correct production date. I got a P780 after 0314. please try the solution on this post

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52665841&postcount=16

If this resolves your problem, that keep that preloader. With that you can almost flash every rom that there is with the flashtool.

(i'm very satisfied with the latest rom on needrom Vibeui2.0 (the rom page also offers the new preloader )

Greetz,

btw to try to flash with the new preloader set up the flashtool, push the red button on the back of your phone, connect the phone an release the button. If all the drivers are correct your phone will be flashed. ( this new batch phones gave me a heart attack also ;), mine wasn't even 12 hours active before i softbricked it )

Last edited:

bonbonbillo

Dec 5, 2013
Hi,

Please verify that you have a correct production date. I got a P780 after 0314. please try the solution on this post

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52665841&postcount=16

If this resolves your problem, that keep that preloader. With that you can almost flash every rom that there is with the flashtool.

(i'm very satisfied with the latest rom on needrom Vibeui2.0 (the rom page also offers the new preloader )

Greetz,

btw to try to flash with the new preloader set up the flashtool, push the red button on the back of your phone, connect the phone an release the button. If all the drivers are correct your phone will be flashed. ( this new batch phones gave me a heart attack also ;), mine wasn't even 12 hours active before i softbricked it )

When I push the red button, phone can not be recognized by computer. Only I press the volume-up button, it can be recognized by computer.
I start the flash, then push volume-up button to make it connected, but then got BROM error. I attach the screen picture.

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
When I push the red button, phone can not be recognized by computer. Only I press the volume-up button, it can be recognized by computer.
I start the flash, then push volume-up button to make it connected, but then got BROM error. I attach the screen picture.

You must have this FlashTool - SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119. Not Optional.
Check if your phone is produced in 2014. If it is you must use another preloader.

Attachments

• preloader.zip
    63.8 KB · Views: 189

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
Trying to find solution here, not to solve only with money in mobile store. Anybody else help?

I thought you have warranty on your phone !

So... this error appear when you try to flash wrong ROM or you have wrong drivers installed. Try to remove drivers you have installed and try to reinstall another driver.
Orrrr.. your phone could be a clone. Just an ideea ...
Could you tell us more about your phone... maybe pictures taken from battery or box who came with ?

Last edited: