HELP! Want to revive nexus half dead nexus one!

Search This thread

lookitsevan

Mar 14, 2010
First of all this is my first attempt at rooting/reviving a Google phone. Although I have 10 +years of building computers etc. under my belt and I have owned multiple android devices since G1 launch so this should not be to hard to understand.

With that said. Here is my situation and as much knowledge as I have on how it arrived at the current state.

A friend of mine bought this Nexus on craigslist. It worked for a week or so, then would not boot up past boot screen icon (no lock on boot screen). I took it off his hands for $50.

Now I am able to get the phone in to the fastboot screen (when plugged in it reads 'fastboot usb'). I was also able to get into the the factory data reset screen. No matter the option I selected or cleared out it always returns me to the same frozen boot up image.

I downloaded SDK, superboot, drivers are installed (and updated ;) ) and I have followed to the T all forum post on how to unlock the bootloader.

Everything goes great until... I get to this hiccup!! I am able to connect the device to and get a response with device pin number in command screen.
Then I type in 'fastboot oem unlock' and it gives me this terrific message:

... INFO[ERR] partition_read: :Failed to read page 261120 or it is em
INFOpty
INFO[DISPLAY_ERR] sp_custom partition: sp_custom_img_hd read err
INFOor!
INFO[DISPLAY_ERR] Can not load custom splash!
INFOLoading custom splash failed!
OKAY

What next????

I have also noticed that i get an interesting message when I first select bootloader on device, just for a second then returns to normal (pictures attached of this!)

One step I am unable to do that I believe may be the problem, since I have never been able to get past bootscreen on the device I have not been able to select the USB DEBUGGING option. Is there anyway around this?

If anyone is able to walk me through getting past this point and running vanilla 2.1 (I can take it from there :cool:) I will donate $25 to this site as well as paypal you personally $25.. or you can have the entire $50 donated to the site :D

Thanks in advance for reading this post and helping a fellow Android lover!

Last edited:

LeGitNeSs29

Mar 19, 2010
Fix your Phone

I do not know if you will be able to fix it yourself but if you want you can contact google, send it in to them, and they will probably replace the phone for you. Assuming it has the standard 1 year warranty, you would be elligible for repairs and possibly google completely replacing your phone, giving you a new one. My G1 had problems and i tried fixing it myself with all kinds of stuff but eventually i contacted google and after i mailed it in they send me a new unit.