Search This thread

trevor7428

Feb 10, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
So when you say not available on note 2. Are you only referring to stock? Meaning any custom ROM has the ability to add the feature as long as the developer knows how too.
I asked the the developer for my ROM. This is how the convo went.

(I was hoping you could add sendRawPdu method to SmsManager Class. Hopefully that makes since. You need that for this app to work

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2144863

Seems like a pretty cool concept. And want to try it out.
Thank you, and take your time. I know as soon as your ready v2 will be available. Can't wait. I'm really excited for it!
Hmm... while that does make sense - actually doing so I fear is well beyond any meager skillset I might possess. I wonder if anyone has got it to work on TW (looks like Sense is the only one handled in terms of oem skins). Regardless, I don't believe I'm the man for this job unfortunately.)

Is it a difficult task to accomplish?

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
App Description:

Known Working devices: T-Mobile G1, Pantech Sky A820L, HTC Desire S (and may be all HTC devices with stock firmware)

NON-Working devices: Sony Xperia U, Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, Samsung Galaxy Note II (and may be all other Samsung devices ?)

D

Deleted member 5803470

Not work on my phone but i think you can use SMSDispatcher class for phones those are not support sendRawPdu API (Like HushSMS's Xposed Framework and Root Edition)

About Xposed Module:
Module for the Xposed framework (http://repo.xposed.info/) which allows
sending of raw SMS PDUs by using a special sms message text:

sendSmsByRawPDU|xxxxxx|yyyyyyyyyyyyyy<br>

where "sendSmsByRawPDU" is a hardcoded keyword, "xxxxxx" represents the SMSC
part of a valid SMS PDU in hexadecimal string representation (or use "00"
for default smsc), and "yyyyyyyyyyyyyy" represents the message part of a
valid SMS PDU in hexadecimal string representation.<br>

(see 3GPP TS 23.040 specification for description of GSM SMS PDU format)

Example:
--------
sending the sms message:

"sendSmsByRawPDU|00|01000A91214365870900000CC8329BFD065DDF72363904"

would result in a normal text SMS to the international number "+1234567890"
with the text "Hello World!" using the phones default SMSC.

tested only with API level 18 (Android 4.3)

About HushSMS Root Edition:
The sendRawPdu API has been removed since ages and only some devices like HTC with Sense still have it available. There is still one class that has this API method available. It’s the SMSDispatcher class. Unfortunately this class is hidden and internal making it only available to system apps. To become a system app, the app in question has to be signed with the manufacturers key and need to be installed in the /system/app path. This key is only available for CM and obviously not for original ROMs like from Samsung, LG or HTC.

HushSMS ROOT Edition only supports three types of messages. To be exact these are the ones that are missing in the market version on devices which do not support the above mentioned API method. Why not all message types you ask? Well, HushSMS ROOT Edition needs to use the following in the Manifest to function properly:

android:sharedUserId="android.uid.phone"

and

android: process="com.android.phone"

This is necessary to access the SMSDispatcher. Unfortunately the com.android.phone UID is not allowed to use the permission android.permission.SEND_SMS because it has been set with the enforceCallingPermission instead of enforceCallingOrSelfPermission in the IccSmsInterfaceManager class but this is needed to use the sendData API method. Because of this the permission requested by HushSMS ROOT Edition is ignored. So why the hell am I not reflecting this method from the SMSDispatcher also? Because it is declared as an abstract and cannot be reflected.
As you see above I really tried the best to get this working as comfortable as possible, but I am limited to what the OS allows me to do with it’s APIs.

Special Thanks to c0rnholio and johnzweng

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: vndnguyen

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Hi!
I tried your application with the HTC ONE MAX and I have to say it's absolutely brilliant!!
Superb, and worth FIVE STARS.
The HTC phone recently got damaged and can't be repaired. So, my question is can the application work with LG G3?
Good day and kind regards
Hi!
At the moment this app can only work on HTC and Pantech devices, sorry about that.
I will look for the solution to make it work on another devices.
Thank you for using my app.

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Is it possible to add USSD messages too, if users support you with 2000 USD to add this option?
What did you mean by USSD message actually?

Because USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) is a protocol used by mobile phone to communicate with the service provider's system, not between mobile phones. So if you want to send an USSD message to a network, just follow instruction given by the service provider.

If it is not what you mean, please let me know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beyond SMS - The FIRST and the ONLY app on the Google Play Store that enables to send the Replaceable SMS and other special types of SMS (likes Ping, Flash messages...)

ACKNOWLEDGMENT: This app only works on a mobile device that supports the "sendRawPdu" API function in the firmware. So this app may not work on your device. After installing, you can check if this app works on your device by go to the menu Ability Check.

Known Working devices: T-Mobile G1, HTC Desire S (and may be all HTC devices with Sense UI)

NON-Working devices: Sony Xperia U, Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, Samsung Galaxy Note II (and may be all other Samsung devices?)

Key features:

- Support long messages.
    - Support alternate Reply Address.
    - Support selection for the message storage at the target device.
    - Support Replaceable message.
    - Support Flash message.
    - Support 3 types of Ping message.
    - Support Message Waiting Indication (Voicemail, Fax, Email and Other indication).

Description:

1. Alternate Reply Address:

With this feature, the recipient will reply to the message by using the Alternate Reply Address instead of the sender's address. On some target devices (e.g iPhone or Sky), the message will be displayed with this number. On almost other target devices this feature will be ignored, so the recipient won't see any difference.

2. Message Storage:

- Default: the target device will decide where to store the message.

- Phone memory preferred: the target device shall send an acknowledgement to the sender when the message has successfully received and can be stored. The target device shall normally store the message in the phone memory by default, if that is possible, but otherwise the message may be stored elsewhere, e.g. in the SIM memory.

- SIM memory preferred: the target device shall ensure that the message can be stored in the SIM memory before sending an acknowledgement to the sender.

3. Replaceable Message:

With this feature, the old message (that has been sent with this tool) will be overwritten by the new one. The sender can set the replacing cycle for each recipient.

4. Flash Message:

The target device shall display the message immediately and send an acknowledgement to the sender. The message shall not be automatically stored in the target device, but user has an option to save it. On some phones (e.g iPhone) the message will be displayed without the sender's address and without the possibility to save the message.

5. Ping Message:

With ping message, the sender can check whether the recipient is available or not, without disturb them with any call or SMS. The target device shall not indicate any visual alert to the recipient.

6. Message Waiting Indication (MWI):

Special Message Indication (Voicemail, Fax, Email or Other indication) will be sent to the target device. With this message the sender can let the target device think that there is a voicemail (or Fax, or Email). An icon gets displayed at the target device. To clear the icon at the target device, the sender should Deactivate it. Most target devices support display Voicemail icon. Only some device (e.g Nokia) will display Fax, Email and Other indication icons.

Some screenshots:

Rxoi6RTL0UZopNJgjxjAlfKQOfiRn2kreHGtQbiGSf0CeP_09rmPNjZoUA9Uq7ZjQck
    3DHDxHBQA0D9oM2pzYyQL6XUjKIW00RPTPtyscqsnuxzrSE92H4lw1SUTZmbgxg3O0u8
    _NkBVf8wwV7O9lnmf_avHDx02x91q7aq_9yDgEWeaHhaxB6SgzOZTLrOTaoKvT17QSE1
    hzDdEM61WrRyX3JtyOXPlxC-0-MZhyJw0nt8seJV2mQsKlyQknFkCof4pB3jA5yO8IQ
    c_zQ4Q7Ra1aAPERJ4XOXYmONODJsf5hGE-DSh00H1GFCIytGU1wNiCfLym52hq6jx6vG
    uGtdYkOgYsji9WNwM3A6pNnPT8PI-dsTFuc7Ig0pVHSOM09_7atC9wR18oTy0kSiaw
    6uwKnJ8Vf9eU4WmHxDLdZM-tzgMCbS7cWXCar0YqaMhBzCtmB2B3fntZfbWSxDmOL4U
    6Dy4Jt6ndCWMSSReX4On3aUwIlpkF45V4W5-pOBsHakZ2xloM4zmCG_xDeFQJk1yKAk

DOWNLOAD: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.beyondsms

:good::good:
    New update

v1.2.0: Minor bug fixes, some improvements.
    AW: Beyond SMS

Great Idea...but dosnt work on a EVO 3D GSM with CustomRom. :(

Gesendet von meinem Evo 3D GSM
    Hi,

How to identify whether my phone support flash sms or not?

If your phone support sendRawPdu, it can send any message type from this app, including flash SMS.
    (you can check by go to the menu > Ability Check).