[MOD] Disable Carousel Animation for Sense 3.0

Search This thread

ozkaya

Mar 22, 2006
Hi everyone,

This one took a bit too long to pull it off, but here it is.. As the title suggests it disables the Sense carousel animation (the quick rotation of all home screens) when you flick your finger quickly. Please don't confuse with disabling unlock carousel animation. It is for Sense 3.0 (Evo 3D of course) and S-OFF root users, I'm using it fine with latest Leedroid ROM. Flash the zip file and it should be all right. You should make a nandroid backup just in case. And please, hit the thanks button after ;)

Attachments

• disable.carousel.animation.v1.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 256
Last edited:

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
I hate this in Sense 3.0. It's neat, okay, but every time I wanna switch very fast between home screens, I end up having to wait 3-5 seconds until I get where I want... -.-

Is it 100% compatible with LeeDrOiD? I see the .zip contains the Rosie.apk, which is what LeeDrOiD Tweaks tinker with... but perhaps I'm wrong.

I'll try it later today, gotta charge & NANdroid first :D

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

What are the odds this works with 3.5?

Sense 3.5 has a new Rosie app, I believe, so... The odds are quite small :p

Flashmaniac

Oct 3, 2010
Bremen
Hi everyone,

This one took a bit too long to pull it off, but here it is.. As the title suggests it disables the Sense carousel animation (the quick rotation of all home screens) when you flick your finger quickly. It is for Sense 3.0 (Evo 3D of course) and root users. Flash the zip file and it should be fine. You should make a nandroid backup just in case. And please, hit the thanks button after ;)

what is the advance of doing it?
already possible to disable it for long time.
~ LeeDroiD Tweaks ;)

Reactions: LeeDroid

babeman123

Feb 27, 2012
On HTC Evo 3D stock rom with sense 3.0 android 2.3.4, it boots up, but doesn't get past the rogers splash screen.. any tips?

It acts like its already booted because it goes to sleep and turns off the screen, and when I click the sleep button, it awakes but stays at the rogers splash while the capacitive lights light up

EDIT: If this helps at all I installed it via CWM 4.0.1.4 with revolutionary root and s-off

Last edited:

babeman123

Feb 27, 2012
Now it actually boots, but it won't let me go to the home screen, only to applications that I've set on the lockscreen.

EDIT: Yea please be aware anyone wanting to flash this on stock sense 3.0, 2.3.4 android, it won't work.

Last edited:

ozkaya

Mar 22, 2006
Now it actually boots, but it won't let me go to the home screen, only to applications that I've set on the lockscreen.

EDIT: Yea please be aware anyone wanting to flash this on stock sense 3.0, 2.3.4 android, it won't work.

Thanks for the heads up, I've updated the OP that I tried with Leedroid ROM, it is possible that more than one version is necessary for different builds. Can you try deleting Rosie.odex from /system/app and restart?

Reactions: Philstadt

babeman123

Feb 27, 2012
Thanks for the heads up, I've updated the OP that I tried with Leedroid ROM, it is possible that more than one version is necessary for different builds. Can you try deleting Rosie.odex from /system/app and restart?

Yup I'll try that right now!

EDIT: How am I able to get access to the system directory? I looked through the directory after mounting the phone to my computer but then realised I'm just browsing my SD Card. I can't use an in phone file explorer because I can't access the market/home screen.
Thanks!

Last edited:

ozkaya

Mar 22, 2006
Yup I'll try that right now!

EDIT: How am I able to get access to the system directory? I looked through the directory after mounting the phone to my computer but then realised I'm just browsing my SD Card. I can't use an in phone file explorer because I can't access the market/home screen.
Thanks!

You need to connect to your phone through your PC with adb then.However, it might just be easier to restore your backup and delete with Root Explorer. Here is the adb route if you feel like trying:

adb shell mount -o remount,rw,codepage=utf8,vfat,xattr,check=no /dev/stl5 /system
adb shell
cd /system/app
rm Rosie.odex
exit

ozkaya

Mar 22, 2006
can anyone with Stock ROM (rooted,S-Off,Sense 3.0) try this v2 beta and give me feedback?

Attachments

• disable.carousel.animation.v2.beta.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 33

grischkon

Feb 16, 2011
again the same problem for me. it stops booting at the HTC bootanimantion and after a while it starts sleeping. if i press the sleep/wake button it just shows the htc boot-logo.

ozkaya

Mar 22, 2006
OK, from the feedback I receive it seems to be compatible with couple of Custom ROMs and not stock ROM. There are lots of build and Sense combinations so it is impossible to make a universal patch. I would have to make 5-6 different versions and honestly, from the attention and complaints it gathered, I think it's not worth it. People look happy with the animation I guess :) Anyway, if your on Leedroid or other compatible build you can flash and use it, but I don't plan to take this further to other phones or builds.

LeeDroid

Recognized Developer
Jan 13, 2007
Newton Aycliffe
www.leedroid.co.uk
OK, from the feedback I receive it seems to be compatible with couple of Custom ROMs and not stock ROM. There are lots of build and Sense combinations so it is impossible to make a universal patch. I would have to make 5-6 different versions and honestly, from the attention and complaints it gathered, I think it's not worth it. People look happy with the animation I guess :) Anyway, if your on Leedroid or other compatible build you can flash and use it, but I don't plan to take this further to other phones or builds.

Could be added to tweaks easily enough :)
Nice work

Sent from my LeeDrOiD loaded s-off HTC EVO 3D

renzo.olivares

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2011
what exactly does this do? does it really turn of the carousel animation? got a video or something? thanks

ozkaya

Mar 22, 2006
what exactly does this do? does it really turn of the carousel animation? got a video or something? thanks

it does turn off the annoying carousel animation occurring when you're trying to change your homescreens quickly. sorry no video, honestly I don't know how to show/prove a disabled feature,say I might still be swiping below the threshold so no carousel animation occurs, guess you gotta see it yourself ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

This one took a bit too long to pull it off, but here it is.. As the title suggests it disables the Sense carousel animation (the quick rotation of all home screens) when you flick your finger quickly. Please don't confuse with disabling unlock carousel animation. It is for Sense 3.0 (Evo 3D of course) and S-OFF root users, I'm using it fine with latest Leedroid ROM. Flash the zip file and it should be all right. You should make a nandroid backup just in case. And please, hit the thanks button after ;)
    Maybe some crazy people. I'm very unhappy with that stupid animation.
    How do I turn it off, or at least slow it down significantly in my rom?

I uploaded the CDMA version to CDMA section. I hope it works :)

Could be added to tweaks easily enough :)
    Nice work

Sent from my LeeDrOiD loaded s-off HTC EVO 3D
    can anyone with Stock ROM (rooted,S-Off,Sense 3.0) try this v2 beta and give me feedback?
    Hi everyone,

This one took a bit too long to pull it off, but here it is.. As the title suggests it disables the Sense carousel animation (the quick rotation of all home screens) when you flick your finger quickly. It is for Sense 3.0 (Evo 3D of course) and root users. Flash the zip file and it should be fine. You should make a nandroid backup just in case. And please, hit the thanks button after ;)

what is the advance of doing it?
    already possible to disable it for long time.
    ~ LeeDroiD Tweaks ;)